Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 12:48:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it  (Read 192815 times)
ccinet

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 05:46:08 AM

Let's assume the mempool is low when you do the transaction for the puzzle.  If I send the coins with a fee of .1BTC and someone else finds the private key 30 seconds later and sends the transaction with a 1BTC fee, would they both be in the same block and the first transaction would win because it has an earlier timestamp, or would that not matter?
Double spending in Bitcoin is an inevitable feature of the network, regardless of whether it is legitimate or not.
So how do you solve the problem of a conflicting transaction? well, through the confirmations of the miners. And how can we "win" a conflicting transaction? increasing the rate...
In fact, exchanges usually carry out these transactions to reverse a transaction in which the transaction fee was low and they need to make the transaction faster or even unblock a stuck transaction generating a double spend this time with a higher fee.
So this is part of the bitcoin protocol and there is nothing to do. If someone obtains your private address and makes a transaction before it is confirmed, both transactions will "fight" to form a block first, regardless of which was issued first.
dextronomous

Activity: 431
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 07:39:30 AM

Lets assume i have a btc wallet with no public key inside my core wallet, now i import this
one inside blockchain.com wallet, there i have the funds now, i will instantly sell these btc
coins for usd, and send my coins out there, said it, this is the way i assume all, keyfinders succes rate.

there now you have you have your coins on one of your own wallets, but now, not the forks??
i guess, or you have to do this inside the blockchain instantly with multiple windows open, but blockchain.com
prehibits this, one browser window allowed open logged in at the same time, the same you can do with the
bit of forks, but guessing the valuable btc should be enough to have there if imported,

is this not tested before, haha there this public key will not leave from your possession, untill you sell the coins
inside blockchain wallet, should be fine. i guess
Vvpgoat

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 09:08:11 AM

Let's assume the mempool is low when you do the transaction for the puzzle.  If I send the coins with a fee of .1BTC and someone else finds the private key 30 seconds later and sends the transaction with a 1BTC fee, would they both be in the same block and the first transaction would win because it has an earlier timestamp, or would that not matter?
Double spending in Bitcoin is an inevitable feature of the network, regardless of whether it is legitimate or not.
So how do you solve the problem of a conflicting transaction? well, through the confirmations of the miners. And how can we "win" a conflicting transaction? increasing the rate...
In fact, exchanges usually carry out these transactions to reverse a transaction in which the transaction fee was low and they need to make the transaction faster or even unblock a stuck transaction generating a double spend this time with a higher fee.
So this is part of the bitcoin protocol and there is nothing to do. If someone obtains your private address and makes a transaction before it is confirmed, both transactions will "fight" to form a block first, regardless of which was issued first.

It turns out you need to win the lottery 2 times)) first win the private key and then also so that your transaction is included in the block. But what if you choose a moment when the network is overloaded and make a transaction with a commission of 100 million sat? Will this increase the chances or does it not matter?
lll2012

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 09:47:59 AM

From what we know on the "public key sniping" issue so far any my understanding is:
  • Revealing the public key in the mempool immeadiately sets of a double spending attack by the sharks - depending on miners rules they might or might not adhere to RBF or first timestamp ordering and might just accept the higher fee -> never reveal the pubkey in the mempool and work out a private deal with a miner to "shadow-mine" this transaction is the only safe way.
  • Revealing a signature to prove I own the private key is also unsecure -> communication channel with miner needs to be secure and miner needs to be trusted not to use the same attack vector as the sharks as soon as I send the private transaction to them

Under these assumptions, my game plan would be:

1. Create a post here in the forum containing:
- SHA256 hash of the private key along with my target address where I intend to send the coins to.
- SHA256 hash of a message containing a text stating my intention to send the coins to my adress along with the miner name I intend to work with.
Ask the forum to cite this post to avoid edibility and prove of time stamp.

2. Contact the miner and work out a deal to shadow-mine and include the transaction in a block without broadcast. Set an appropriatly high fee depending on the deal. There is trust required here that the miner does not act malicious (possibly via a 3rd party), however the miner name is included in the SHA256 hased message in this forum. I will notify the miner that I will reveal the message for everyone to verify via the hash in case the miner does not stick to the agreement. This is not a safeguard to revert the transaction or anything, but hopefully will prevent the miner from acting malicious in order to preserve reputation.

3. Send the transaction details to the miner.

4. Hope for the best. If everything goes well, no need to reveal the message. The name of the miner is known then anyway.

Makes sense?
Baskentliia

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

34Sf4DnMt3z6XKKoWmZRw2nGyfGkDgNJZZ

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 10:00:39 AM

From what we know on the "public key sniping" issue so far any my understanding is:
  • Revealing the public key in the mempool immeadiately sets of a double spending attack by the sharks - depending on miners rules they might or might not adhere to RBF or first timestamp ordering and might just accept the higher fee -> never reveal the pubkey in the mempool and work out a private deal with a miner to "shadow-mine" this transaction is the only safe way.
  • Revealing a signature to prove I own the private key is also unsecure -> communication channel with miner needs to be secure and miner needs to be trusted not to use the same attack vector as the sharks as soon as I send the private transaction to them

Under these assumptions, my game plan would be:

1. Create a post here in the forum containing:
- SHA256 hash of the private key along with my target address where I intend to send the coins to.
- SHA256 hash of a message containing a text stating my intention to send the coins to my adress along with the miner name I intend to work with.
Ask the forum to cite this post to avoid edibility and prove of time stamp.

2. Contact the miner and work out a deal to shadow-mine and include the transaction in a block without broadcast. Set an appropriatly high fee depending on the deal. There is trust required here that the miner does not act malicious (possibly via a 3rd party), however the miner name is included in the SHA256 hased message in this forum. I will notify the miner that I will reveal the message for everyone to verify via the hash in case the miner does not stick to the agreement. This is not a safeguard to revert the transaction or anything, but hopefully will prevent the miner from acting malicious in order to preserve reputation.

3. Send the transaction details to the miner.

4. Hope for the best. If everything goes well, no need to reveal the message. The name of the miner is known then anyway.

Makes sense?

It makes sense, but as soon as some amateur person finds the wallet password, he will send it to his own address and others will steal it. The important thing is to have this awareness

34Sf4DnMt3z6XKKoWmZRw2nGyfGkDgNJZZ
lll2012

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 10:18:17 AM

It makes sense, but as soon as some amateur person finds the wallet password, he will send it to his own address and others will steal it. The important thing is to have this awareness

Absolutely, thats why I posted it.

In my opinion any other method than "shadow mining" has a too high risk of going wrong:
  • Broadcast at low-traffic times: You don't know when the next block will be mined. Could be seconds or minutes away (which would give enough time for the attack).
  • Set the "do not RBF": You don't know if the miners will honor this field or not. It also does not help against an attacker simply inserting a double spend transaction.
  • Double spend risk: It seems every miner uses its own metric to determine the valid transaction. Based on fee will end up in a bidding war. Based on timestamp can work but you don't know which metric the miner will use.

So just making a "normal" transaction is much too high risk and I think everyone working on this puzzle should be very aware of that and have a solid plan in case of winning the lottery!
Vvpgoat

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 11:03:42 AM

Absolutely, thats why I posted it.

In my opinion any other method than "shadow mining" has a too high risk of going wrong:
  • Broadcast at low-traffic times: You don't know when the next block will be mined. Could be seconds or minutes away (which would give enough time for the attack).
  • Set the "do not RBF": You don't know if the miners will honor this field or not. It also does not help against an attacker simply inserting a double spend transaction.
  • Double spend risk: It seems every miner uses its own metric to determine the valid transaction. Based on fee will end up in a bidding war. Based on timestamp can work but you don't know which metric the miner will use.

So just making a "normal" transaction is much too high risk and I think everyone working on this puzzle should be very aware of that and have a solid plan in case of winning the lottery!

if the miner is not your best friend or relative, then he will not be interested. a miner with the power to mine a block with a 100% probability earns more per month than in all puzzle wallets.

I think there is an option to send several transactions at once. distribute the balance over several different transactions + commission. so there is a chance that one or more transactions will go through to your wallet. you just have to send it at the same time
lll2012

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 11:13:52 AM

if the miner is not your best friend or relative, then he will not be interested. a miner with the power to mine a block with a 100% probability earns more per month than in all puzzle wallets.

There is no need for 100% probability. The miner just has to include the transaction in the candidate block manually and mine along with the other transactions from the mempool just as normal. If he wins, broadcast and it will get confirmations, no danger for the attack any more. If he not wins the block, no problem, just try again with the next block. Just never broadcast the transaction to other nodes mempool until its mined.
I would think a high fee for this semi-manual service (say 1 BTC) might be enough incentive?

Am I missing something here?
AndrewWeb

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 11:30:09 AM

There is no need for 100% probability. The miner just has to include the transaction in the candidate block manually and mine along with the other transactions from the mempool just as normal. If he wins, broadcast and it will get confirmations, no danger for the attack any more. If he not wins the block, no problem, just try again with the next block. Just never broadcast the transaction to other nodes mempool until its mined.
I would think a high fee for this semi-manual service (say 1 BTC) might be enough incentive?

Am I missing something here?
As an extra precaution. I would find a miner in a civilized country and have a hidden camera with microphone, when I meet him in person, and give him the key.

How much time does a professional miner need to do this job ?
lll2012

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 11:53:54 AM

Just a thought:

Ideally a miner is lurking here with a decent hashpower (lets say minimum finding a block every day) and is willing to facilitate this transaction. Feel free to define your terms and how to hand over the transaction safely.

I am sure there are ways for the miner here to prove his authenticity of hashpower control (e.g. by including a community defined text in one of the coinbase OP_RETURNs of one of his mined blocks and announcing it here before it happens).
aminsolhi

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 01:32:40 PM

My question is: How can you tell from the public key that the public key is multi-bit?
How can we determine the bit length of a public key

for example :  19zK7RvpE7UE7nDaRtLcTAw98tyyYr8Pz7
WanderingPhilospher

Activity: 1092
Merit: 223

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 02:25:10 PM

My question is: How can you tell from the public key that the public key is multi-bit?
How can we determine the bit length of a public key

for example :  19zK7RvpE7UE7nDaRtLcTAw98tyyYr8Pz7
You cannot. No one can. We know the bits of the addresses and public keys (every 5th) for the challenges because of the challenge itself and from words the creator once said.

But for a random address or public key, no one can say what bit range it is in.
ccinet

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 04:08:10 PM

It turns out you need to win the lottery 2 times)) first win the private key and then also so that your transaction is included in the block. But what if you choose a moment when the network is overloaded and make a transaction with a commission of 100 million sat? Will this increase the chances or does it not matter?

Why win the lottery twice? This is precisely the problem we are dealing with, this is ONLY for low bit puzzles like 66.
A bot that is sniffing mempool transactions (transactions that have not yet been placed on the blockchain and are stored in volatile memory) gets the public key and in minutes the private key with kangaroo, then initiates a transaction with a commission larger, which has a better chance of obtaining confirmations than the "original" transaction
pbies

Activity: 264
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 04:15:35 PM

Why win the lottery twice? This is precisely the problem we are dealing with, this is ONLY for low bit puzzles like 66.
A bot that is sniffing mempool transactions (transactions that have not yet been placed on the blockchain and are stored in volatile memory) gets the public key and in minutes the private key with kangaroo, then initiates a transaction with a commission larger, which has a better chance of obtaining confirmations than the "original" transaction

That is the problem with miners which do not acknowledge that RBF is off for a tx. If tx is with RBF off it should be treated as last and valid only.

BTC: bc1qmrexlspd24kevspp42uvjg7sjwm8xcf9w86h5k
brainless

Activity: 316
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 04:23:36 PM

That is the problem with miners which do not acknowledge that RBF is off for a tx. If tx is with RBF off it should be treated as last and valid only.
There is 3 sanario
Without rbf,  any one can load Pk and cancel tx ormodify
With rbf, any one can load Pk and generate new tx with higher fee
3rd and last I know how to create tx and relax for sure where coin will move to my assign address

13sXkWqtivcMtNGQpskD78iqsgVy9hcHLF
WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 04:32:56 PM

There is 3 sanario
3rd and last I know how to create tx and relax for sure where coin will move to my assign address

lol. Ok brainless swooping in. Why not just tell people how to do it? No one knows you, so sending private key to you is as just a chance as any other way.
Maybe those who find it will send you a nice chunk of change for helping out. I know I would.
brainless

Activity: 316
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 05:08:15 PM

There is 3 sanario

lol. Ok brainless swooping in. Why not just tell people how to do it? No one knows you, so sending private key to you is as just a chance as any other way.
Maybe those who find it will send you a nice chunk of change for helping out. I know I would.

Ahhh, I did not ask send me Pk, within last 2 days I post 2 or 3 message where my statement is, as discussed above issue , I explain what will happen in didrent ways of attempt for withdrawal, and said try your tx create n check what me and similar other said, when get knowledge our explained ( hand on practice), then come to me ask, I will definitely explain, how to do safe n secure,

I never ask share your found 66 Pk to me, yes I ask hope u will share coins to me Smiley

13sXkWqtivcMtNGQpskD78iqsgVy9hcHLF
albert0bsd

Activity: 866
Merit: 663

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 05:51:45 PM

THB this sound like a bait and bullshit, unless you are a miner or have some accesses to miner resources in somehow.

Besides that there is not an other method to do that.

I been collecting some dust inputs from leaked private keys and that's actually very difficult to do because other are doing exactly the same with those address... so there is no safe way to move an address with leaked private key with 100% of certainty to win that transaction.
WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 06:57:32 PM

There is 3 sanario

Ahhh, I did not ask send me Pk, within last 2 days I post 2 or 3 message where my statement is, as discussed above issue , I explain what will happen in didrent ways of attempt for withdrawal, and said try your tx create n check what me and similar other said, when get knowledge our explained ( hand on practice), then come to me ask, I will definitely explain, how to do safe n secure,

I never ask share your found 66 Pk to me, yes I ask hope u will share coins to me Smiley

Ok, you said if someone has 66 pk to share with you. Maybe it meant something else.
3dmlib

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 07:23:37 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2024, 07:41:00 PM by 3dmlib

Just found the way how to do it...
So, we're definitely f....d... Sad
66 puzzle is waste of electricity now.
Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 »
  Print  

Jump to: