Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:15:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like fly to rebrand to "Las Vegas" coin, and do a swap and add masternodes, POS would be 25%, Min stake time 1 day. Pow for 20,000 blocks, mining quark. Reward .5 "Las Vegas" per block.
Yes, all of the above as stated.
Yes, I approve all of the above, but POS to be 50%
Yes, I would like all of the above but NO POW, POS only.
Yes, I would like all of the above , but I would like 2 "Las Vegas coins" for 1 fly.
Yes, but I want 50% POS and 4 "Las Vegas" coins to for 1 fly coin.
Yes, but I want 4 "Las Vegas" coins for 1 fly coin. POS to be 25%.
NO, do nothing. Continue to just develop fly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FLY COIN ANN.Swapping to "Las Vegas"coin,+Masternodes,Darksend,Stealth, instantX  (Read 186124 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rexxxem

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:17:53 PM

Well everyone, i am absolutely certain that my coins are irrecoverable.

I took a break from crypto for a few weeks because my cat had an extremely rapid decline in health. He died saturday morning. I felt terrible doing anything other than spending time with him in his final days so i shut everything down for the time being.

Sunday i decided to fire everything back up and move on. I wanted to get my mind off of everything..

My FLY wallet kept crashing so i took it upon myself to try and get it workig again.(which ive done many times before.) Accept this time i accidentally over wrote my wallet.dat file and like a dumb ass never made a backup.

DO NOT USE THE -SALVAGEWALLET COMMAND. It will overwrite your wallet.dat.

I'm out 125 FLY. Losing my kitty was terrible but based on these recent events I'm somewhat conditioned to "losses".

Im so insignificant here anyway, its not like i matter. Enough of my sob story because I'm sure none of you give a fuck anyway...

With this, for now, i bid you all farewell. Thank you to vegas and woody for being so aswesome. Hopefully one day I'll be able to buy back in.. until then. Its was good while it lasted..
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:40:20 PM

I took a break from crypto for a few weeks because my cat had an extremely rapid decline in health. He died saturday morning. I felt terrible doing anything other than spending time with him in his final days so i shut everything down for the time being.
Sunday i decided to fire everything back up and move on. I wanted to get my mind off of everything..
My FLY wallet kept crashing so i took it upon myself to try and get it workig again.(which ive done many times before.) Accept this time i accidentally over wrote my wallet.dat file and like a dumb ass never made a backup.

I'm out 125 FLY. Losing my kitty was terrible but based on these recent events I'm somewhat conditioned to "losses".
Im so insignificant here anyway, its not like i matter. Enough of my sob story because I'm sure none of you give a fuck anyway...
With this, for now, i bid you all farewell. Thank you to vegas and woody for being so aswesome. Hopefully one day I'll be able to buy back in.. until then. Its was good while it lasted..

Let's not give up so easily. There are always options.
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 11:43:04 PM

FOR ALL NEW CRYPTOCOINUSERS:

I want to share with you my experiences in some altcoins!

1. Secure your walletpc with Firewall, Virus Scan and so on. Use in an ideal way KeyScrambler Premium http://www.qfxsoftware.com/download.htm ! Yes, I know, it costs $45; but its the best software you should buy for your wallets. Imagine, what will happen, if your coins are more than $100.000 USD worth, and someone steal your coins because Keylogger!

Before step 2: GO OFFLINE NOW!

2. Encrypt your wallet; that means, make a password of your wallet! In ideal way: it should include these kind of signs: '1' '&' 'W' 'w'...BUT NEVER BEGIN a password with '$'. I figured it out for a while, that a password beginning with '$' you can never unlock ur wallet more on linux!

3. Dump your privatekey and write the code on paper! in debug RPC window: a) walletpassphrase "your password" 999 b) dumpprivkey "your walletaddress"
If you have more than one address in your wallet, so you have to dump your privkey from every address! c) walletlock
And NEVER forget to RESET your debug after this; its the little trash sign in the right corner.

4. Make weekly backups of your wallet.dat

If I forgot something, so let me know!

Greetz
Steve
Rexxxem

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:56:52 PM

I suggest everyone act upon metas advice as soon as possible. Do not neglect it. No matter how careful you are with your crypto you never know what could happen.

I sure wish i had done this sooner. I can now say it is a terrible feeling learning this lesson the hard way..

Everyone please, backup your wallets if you haven't.
HiggsBosunBlues

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:58:36 PM

Brutal mate. Been there too.
Pm me your new address and Ill send my stakes over.
binmon

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:04:43 AM

Very sorry to hear about your kitty......  i know you will miss him---he will always be in your heart and memory.

Come FLY with me!     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316737.0
Hoarding:    ◆ Amber ◆        ◆ DMD ◆        ◆ FLY ◆       🚀 XDE2 🚀
Rexxxem

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:17:17 AM

HiggsBosunBlues - this is an extremely selfless act and i couldnt thank you enough for your kindness. You are a prime example of what this community stands for.

Let me fire back up the wallet and generate a new address. Ill be in touch with you shortly and ill never forget this.

binmon - you are absolutely right. Thank you for the condolences. Not even mortality can take away the love i have for him.. he was so much more to me than a pet.
Fallout4

Activity: 365
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:20:27 AM

Happy to help get you started again too Rexxxem.
Shoot me your new address when youre ready and Ill send my stakes to you too.
Rexxxem

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:27:42 AM

Happy to help get you started again too Rexxxem.
Shoot me your new address when youre ready and Ill send my stakes to you too.

Thank you so much fallout4. Just as i said to higgsbosunblues, this is a very selfless act that i seriously appreciate and will never forget.

As much as i hope that none of you find yourself in my position, i would never hesitate to return the favor.
midnight_miner

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 01:05:16 AM

Saying goodbye to pets is a hard thing to do.  Being there for the last moments is the best thing you can do.

I also just went through wallet hell today also.

I had several backups, but had a hard time getting any of them to work properly and restore my balance.  Rebuild the Blockchain from zero, the bootstrap.  Tried the exe from a version or two back.  Finally got my balance of Fly Coins back after using -salvagewallet.  It was finally the option that worked with a 1 month old back-up of the 1.7.7 version wallet.dat.

Just make sure you back-up your wallet before upgrading, and always work with a copy of your back-ups.

My computers run for months without touching them so I have to do a monthly backup and restart the wallets, just in case.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:14:34 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 05:07:16 AM by kiklo

FYI:
If you are running Windows , you can use shadow explorer to a restore a copy of your wallet.dat before you changed it.
http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

(I don't give away fucks, but charge ZEIT by the hour. )  Cheesy

Good Luck , sorry about your cat.

Cool
Rexxxem

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:38:04 AM

Midnight_miner - the time i had left wih him i knew i could never get back.  Thats why i took a short break.. once it was all said and done i didnt want any regrets or coulda shouldas looming in the back of my head..

I'm glad that - salvagewallet worked for you. I'm not sure why it did that for me. I'm pretty sure thats what jacked it up though. That or installing, then uninstalling the auto updater.. i dont know..

Kiklo - ive been informed of this shadow stuff on windows. Just as i thought i was pretty savy with windows and its components, im introduced to something new.. ill have to look into it.

If i can somehow recover it with this method, i will take the small accumulation of my stakes and split it among these fine fellows that are helping me get back on my feet here..

Thank you guys again, so very much.
Rexxxem

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:28:02 AM

FUCKIN A KIKLO IT WORKED!!! Smiley Smiley

Woody suggested this to me as well but i had yet to do any research before you recommended it as well. That was entirely too easy!

HiggsBosunBlues and fallout4 please remove my new address from your staking. Instead send ME a pm with a FLY address. As i stated above if it worked i would split my stake savings between you two for being so kind to help me out.

Kiklo and woody pm me a BTC address and i will send you both .01 for helping me recover my coins. Sorry, its not much but i want to offer you guys something..

This community never ceases to amaze me. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
binmon

Activity: 289

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:31:56 AM

Woody suggested this to me as well but i had yet to do any research before you recommended it as well. That was entirely too easy!

HiggsBosunBlues and fallout4 please remove my new address from your staking. Instead send ME a pm with a FLY address. As i stated above if it worked i would split my stake savings between you two for being so kind to help me out.

Kiklo and woody pm me a BTC address and i will send you both .01 for helping me recover my coins. Sorry, its not much but i want to offer you guys something..

haha.... I know EXACTLY how you feel !! 

Glad to hear the good news!

Come FLY with me!     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316737.0
Hoarding:    ◆ Amber ◆        ◆ DMD ◆        ◆ FLY ◆       🚀 XDE2 🚀
Fallout4

Activity: 365
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:39:00 AM

IT WORKED!!!

Very glad to hear it Rex.
Thanks for the kind offer, but no need to send me anything at all. Ive got a good amount of FLY staking so I am not about to take from those with less than myself.

Happy to see you got your wallet back. Cheers.

Rexxxem

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:08:03 AM

IT WORKED!!!

Very glad to hear it Rex.
Thanks for the kind offer, but no need to send me anything at all. Ive got a good amount of FLY staking so I am not about to take from those with less than myself.

Happy to see you got your wallet back. Cheers.

I really appreciate you.

I try really hard to be the best person i can be and things like that are what keep me doing so. Best wishes to you.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:04:16 AM

Congrats - See, never give up. Always a few tricks to try.
YourMom420

Activity: 430

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:20:41 AM

thats really good to hear Smiley
Rexxxem

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:28:56 AM

Learned something new today and ill definitely be being more responsible with my stuff from now on  Smiley
YourMom420

Activity: 430

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:36:55 AM

so im having the same non launching wallet problem. i have my wallet.dat though. blockchain stopped downloading so i deleted everything and now it wont load lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: