Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:20:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472792 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:54:11 AM

solo mining on the wallet seems to be working good. I got 5 blocks last night. Im a hodling my nuts. for next winter again. Fish

wow nice 5 blocks is good and really about 6500 coins a year from now!
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:15:34 AM

solo mining on the wallet seems to be working good. I got 5 blocks last night. Im a hodling my nuts. for next winter again. Fish

only if someone removed the 1 year forced deposit , hodl would be in the higher spot as it was intending
bitcoinnee

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:20:23 AM

only if someone removed the 1 year forced deposit , hodl would be in the higher spot as it was intending
1 year forced deposit is really a stupid idea

DisasterFaster

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:11:10 AM

If the forced deposit is removed how do you propose to keep the coin from being mined and dumped by botnets?
grandpa

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:38:43 PM

Can't forget that around May 12th the coin was still rising and hit 10 cents. Not sure but it appeared the early adopters that we needed to hold to make this work didn't. They made money and moved on causing a steep decline quick. We won't know if the lock was necessary until we recover. On the other hand every single person is valuable that's involved in this coin. If we lost a big percent of supporters due to the lock then maybe that wasn't worth it either
DisasterFaster

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:53:49 PM

Can't forget that around May 12th the coin was still rising and hit 10 cents. Not sure but it appeared the early adopters that we needed to hold to make this work didn't. They made money and moved on causing a steep decline quick. We won't know if the lock was necessary until we recover. On the other hand every single person is valuable that's involved in this coin. If we lost a big percent of supporters due to the lock then maybe that wasn't worth it either

Good point grandpa. For my partner and I the lock was the most attractive feature of this coin. There is a dramatic gain after mining and waiting the first 12 months. Past that we will re-lock for another 12 months and then watch that double.

Putting this into perspective if you mine 2 blocks that gets you 100 coins. At the current rate when they unlock in 12 months you then have roughly 278 coins. Now just re-lock those 278 coins for 12 months and you end up with around 550 coins. When you look at going from mining 100 coins to 24 months later having 550 coins that is an enormous gain in my book. It's well worth the time and patience to wait on the unlocking because the payout is so excellent.

I plan on mining this coin as fast as I can and then relocking everything I mine for another year. Past that I am trying to buy the coin and lock it as fast as I can but that has proven nearly impossible with it only being available at YoBit and them not being able to be dependable for purchasing the coin and then sending it to a wallet for locking.

I am willing to help market and promote the coin but first it needs to be readily available to buy and transfer on a trusted exchange.

In terms of it hitting 10 cents a while back I am convinced it will go many many times beyond that value and I am willing to bet my investment on that hunch...
niksdt101

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:04:52 PM

If the forced deposit is removed how do you propose to keep the coin from being mined and dumped by botnets?

agreed and it is inevitable ..but hodl was doing way better in market when this forced deposit was not there ...
Fishmaster42

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:22:49 AM

Guys we already voted on this your beating a dead horse. Get someone to implement it. Thats all we are waiting on. We voted its done we dont want the Hodl for one year. now lets find someone to fix the code.
czytjkp

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:04:41 AM

Some people continue development??? HODL is dead!

coinstash

Activity: 179

G'day!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 05:25:04 AM

Some people continue development??? HODL is dead!

No, it's just pining for the fjords.

HOdlcoin tip jar: HHodLxkjawXxt86EnDB1i8hCxkC4exGvab
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:08:41 AM

I think maybe the autohodl period was too long. While autohodling did succeed in removing the strip miners and the pools(temporarily), it may have discouraged too many miners. Maybe a 60 days enforced hodling period would have been better.

Anyway, now that Yobit appears to have gone offline, I think now would be a good time to prepare a fork, as the potential problem with Yobit has already occurred.

I'll suggest an offer to HOdlers - I'll volunteer to develop the fork if the Nutocracy authorizes me to reduce the required autohodl period, but not remove it.   I think removing the autohodl entirely would see the return of strip miners who simply mine and dump, removing all value created in the coin. While I know the autohodl feature has not been popular in many quarters, I think we'll find all those who have mined with autohodl are likely to be long term hodlers, more invested in the coin than strip miners or speculators.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
DisasterFaster

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:45:46 AM

I think maybe the autohodl period was too long. While autohodling did succeed in removing the strip miners and the pools(temporarily), it may have discouraged too many miners. Maybe a 60 days enforced hodling period would have been better.

Anyway, now that Yobit appears to have gone offline, I think now would be a good time to prepare a fork, as the potential problem with Yobit has already occurred.

I'll suggest an offer to HOdlers - I'll volunteer to develop the fork if the Nutocracy authorizes me to reduce the required autohodl period, but not remove it.   I think removing the autohodl entirely would see the return of strip miners who simply mine and dump, removing all value created in the coin. While I know the autohodl feature has not been popular in many quarters, I think we'll find all those who have mined with autohodl are likely to be long term hodlers, more invested in the coin than strip miners or speculators.

When you fork this what will happen to the coins already mined and locked?
Billyboy4022

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:56:56 AM

Wouldn't it be better to use that time to develop a way so strip miner wouldn't want to mine it.

High memory
High hard drive space ( burst mining )
Lower chance if hitting another block in a set time.

I would love a system that was like POS where once you have mine a coin, you now have less chance of hitting a block and Avg joe with a single core pc has a higher chance of hitting the next block.

If there was a way to time stamp the creations of the new address. this would limit bots that mine > hit a block> change address > hit another block  

Need to find a way to make it less attractive/enticing for the user to pool mine then solo mine and support the network.

This coin won't grow if their only 1 huge bot miner and small number of crypto community member buying those mine coins
niksdt101

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:53:35 PM

exactly @freetrade you said it . i back you. 1 year is too long and 60 days would be great and encourage more people to take up hodl mining
carlo__

Activity: 222

Margin Call

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:47:56 PM

Hi, i am trying to sync my 2.0 version HODL wallet.

It's freezing to the last 46 weeks.

Any idea?
Fishmaster42

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:58:52 PM

That sounds like a great compromise, I think we should do it. 
Fishmaster42

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:03:41 PM

@freetrade pls put the motion up so we can make it so.
BusyBeee

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:06:04 AM

It's a good idea but 60 days is a bit short - maybe 90 or 120 days would be better to hold off the strip miners.
DisasterFaster

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:10:35 AM

It's a good idea but 60 days is a bit short - maybe 90 or 120 days would be better to hold off the strip miners.

I really like the 365 day autoHOdl but if it must be shortened I say shorten as little as possible to prevent botnet mining. Also, on a side note it seems there will only be 80 million coins released for mining. Question is how many of those have already been mined and how long will it take to mine the remaining balance? We must consider that also because if there is only a year or 2 left to mine these coins I say all the more reason to love the auto hodl and stop whining and get to mining LOL!
BusyBeee

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:51:14 AM

I'll suggest an offer to HOdlers - I'll volunteer to develop the fork if the Nutocracy authorizes me to reduce the required autohodl period, but not remove it.   I think removing the autohodl entirely would see the return of strip miners who simply mine and dump, removing all value created in the coin. While I know the autohodl feature has not been popular in many quarters, I think we'll find all those who have mined with autohodl are likely to be long term hodlers, more invested in the coin than strip miners or speculators.

I really like the 365 day autoHOdl but if it must be shortened I say shorten as little as possible to prevent botnet mining. Also, on a side note it seems there will only be 80 million coins released for mining. Question is how many of those have already been mined and how long will it take to mine the remaining balance? We must consider that also because if there is only a year or 2 left to mine these coins I say all the more reason to love the auto hodl and stop whining and get to mining LOL!

As of this writing, roughly 11,920,850 Hold coins (238417 blocks * 50 Hodl/block)  were already mined.  At its current mining rate, we're looking at 6 to 7 years left on mining.  If we shortened the autohodling, interest might pickup and more miners will jump in.
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: