Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:26:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472779 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:19:17 AM

@DisasterFaster Ty, I'll take a look at that.  I upgraded the wallet on a dual Xeon box today and I'm getting the same hanging app issues without even touching mining.  I swear I wonder if it has anything to do with my wallet file as it certainly seems to be choking on something.  In any case I can't use the wallet like this and I definitely can't solo mine like this.  I'll be happy to contribute whatever info I can about my environments.

fyi, I have an Intel core i7, AMD, and Xeon environments to test with.  All Windows 10 Pro.

Do you have a lot of hodlings in your wallet? That table gets updated on every block with new interest information, so if it is very big, it might cause problems consistent with the ones you're seeing. Maybe use a fresh wallet every so often.

Let's say it's the wallet.  Why would the wallet work normally in 2.0 but not 3.0 on all of the mentioned machines?

the way sorting is applied in Qt tables may be the cause. basically for each new block each line in the table is updated then sorted. this sorting obviously didn't exist in 2.0
kavjlaeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 10:02:43 AM

Hello
Yobit...cant DEPOSIT HODL
No free addresses for such currency. Please try again in 2 minutes.
Please tell me what the exchange accept to deposit the HODL currency ?
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 10:21:07 AM

Hello
Yobit...cant DEPOSIT HODL
No free addresses for such currency. Please try again in 2 minutes.
Please tell me what the exchange accept to deposit the HODL currency ?

this coin is only listed on yobit no other exchange, if their wallet is in maintanance you can't deposit for now just wait, but if you need to sell you can try to trade privately with some guys here maybe?

DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:25:02 AM

Yesterday, it was my stolen HODL ( 110.000 ), the thief was sold on  Yobit.

Therefore, many coins were dropped. It was between sunday 0:00 to 8:30 AM European time.

Sad

So sorry to hear this. Do you know how the coins were stolen? Did they steal your wallet.dat file or did they just access your wallet and do a transfer from your wallet to their own wallet?
DisasterFaster

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:26:58 AM

Without a doubt I am invested in this coin and very interested in its success.  So I mentioned HODL to someone today and they asked me what about it is so special.

There is the interest earned (simple, timelocked, and bonus-for now), and I get that.

There is it being only cpu-mined so accessible to everyone, and I get that.

What else can we say about our beloved HODLcoin that people would be interested in?

What are the future possibilities of the coin?

What roles can HODLcoin take on in the cryptocurrency world?

What is it about HODL that makes it a valuable coin to have or to use?

What else to say could include how easy it is for a non-tech savvy person to download the wallet and begin mining with just a few mouse clicks.

Plus that I do think possibly the biggest advantage is that the value of the coin is so low currently and so there is a ton of room for valuation in the future.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:47:41 AM

So it's been suggested that we could buy a listing on Cryptopia exchange - any body have any thoughts on that?

I'm kinda wary because buying a listing on YoBit was a mistake, so don't want to make the same mistake again, but OTOH, really do need an exchange.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
DisasterFaster

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:57:39 AM

So it's been suggested that we could buy a listing on Cryptopia exchange - any body have any thoughts on that?

I'm kinda wary because buying a listing on YoBit was a mistake, so don't want to make the same mistake again, but OTOH, really do need an exchange.

My first question is how much does the listing cost?
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:20:48 PM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia

Has to be paid as 2,000,000 DOT - which is $1300 at current market price. Yeah too much. I miscalculated before, thought it was $130. And pricing/payment in DOT is absurd when the amount is 1% of total currency supply.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

Okay, bounty for Optimized Miner in Wallet now payed out. Thanks Fuzzbawls and Optiminer. Bounty split 50/50

ahinga

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:06:06 PM

optimisation is working out pretty well
i'm getting ~200h\s with my imac's i7 and ~150h/s with the mbp's i7
that's about 30% higher than on v2.0
sorting is great, but i am getting duplicates displayed in the hodlings section. the last found blocks tend to show up two to three times.
DisasterFaster

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:16:11 PM

After reading a recent post about coins getting stolen I would like to get a HOdl security discussion going.

What is the best possible recommendation to prevent coins from being stolen?

How is it that they are stolen... does the wallet.dat file get taken and loaded onto the thieves computer or does the thief gain access to your PC and then do a transfer of coins to a wallet in his possession?

It's not like I have very many coins just yet but I would like to understand these things better so that I can properly take the best steps to protect my coins.

Jabba

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:29:15 PM

Coins can get stolen from your private PC - e.g. by trojans.
The other way your coins might get stolen is when someone is able to get the password to your preferred exchange. Therefore you better us two factor authentication.

Long story short: coins do not get stolen easily - it's on you to protect them. Use unique passwords everywhere, protect your PC. Not more than you should do anyway.

Best Masternode Investment - https://club.getnode.io/?r=P618k4919
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:03:02 PM

Yesterday, it was my stolen HODL ( 110.000 ), the thief was sold on  Yobit.

Therefore, many coins were dropped. It was between sunday 0:00 to 8:30 AM European time.

Sad

So sorry to hear this. Do you know how the coins were stolen? Did they steal your wallet.dat file or did they just access your wallet and do a transfer from your wallet to their own wallet?

Admin Yobit say, they broke into my mail account.
I did not have 2FA enabled, so they went.
I lost 3,7BTC and ~ 4 BTC in other coins ( 110.000HODL ) Sad

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316737.msg18828074#msg18828074
Jabba

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:13:39 PM

sad to hear this!  Cry

Best Masternode Investment - https://club.getnode.io/?r=P618k4919
cannation

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 04:02:10 PM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia

Has to be paid as 2,000,000 DOT - which is $1300 at current market price. Yeah too much. I miscalculated before, thought it was $130. And pricing/payment in DOT is absurd when the amount is 1% of total currency supply.
Hodl is my favourite coin, always been, verY sad about problems with yobit, I.ve been talking to some friends; coinexchange.io is a great exchange,They are looking at the coin to add it, soon I hope.
Check pm dev
wisebc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:31:16 PM

@DisasterFaster Ty, I'll take a look at that.  I upgraded the wallet on a dual Xeon box today and I'm getting the same hanging app issues without even touching mining.  I swear I wonder if it has anything to do with my wallet file as it certainly seems to be choking on something.  In any case I can't use the wallet like this and I definitely can't solo mine like this.  I'll be happy to contribute whatever info I can about my environments.

fyi, I have an Intel core i7, AMD, and Xeon environments to test with.  All Windows 10 Pro.

Do you have a lot of hodlings in your wallet? That table gets updated on every block with new interest information, so if it is very big, it might cause problems consistent with the ones you're seeing. Maybe use a fresh wallet every so often.

Let's say it's the wallet.  Why would the wallet work normally in 2.0 but not 3.0 on all of the mentioned machines?

the way sorting is applied in Qt tables may be the cause. basically for each new block each line in the table is updated then sorted. this sorting obviously didn't exist in 2.0

You likely have something there Fuzz.  I currently have 2758 Hodlings in my list btw.  A side effect of a year of mining and having to auto-hodl every block payment I guess.  I would probably have combined a days worth of mining into a single HODL deposit which would have dramatically reduced the number of HODLing transactions in the list.  But ok, let's follow the thought:

In 2.0:  The HODling list is not sortable.  The unsorted list appears to be organized according to some principle I don't understand.  Perhaps it was based on Nutoshi Sakamoto's shoe size or how many nuts he could fit on the head of a pin, I don't know.  Whatever the sorting principle is, it must be a logical organization according to the software and when a block is found the interest earned update to all the HODLing transactions is done in that same logical manner, straight down the list.  I'm completely spit-balling, I am not a coder.

In 3.0:  The HODling list is sortable.  When sorted according to estimated date of maturity, this perhaps effectively creates a random list as far as the software is concerned, and when a block is found and it tries to update the interest for each transaction, maybe it has to search through the whole list each time to find the "next" transaction to update.  And when that search happens 2000 times in rapid succession, it hangs the app.

In regard to creating a "fresh" wallet now and again, we discussed that back when the auto-hodl was put in place.  The fear was, if we have separate wallets, anything auto-hodled would be "stuck" in that wallet till it matured, and we could end up with multiple wallets that we had to keep up with.  Without auto-hodl, you can simply send any earnings in a separate wallet to your "main" wallet before you HODL it, thus keeping everything in one place and manageable.  Now, maybe you could get around the issue and import addresses from the separate wallets into your main and thus combine the HODLing lists, I don't know.  

The easiest solution at the time was to use the same wallet file for all machines you wanted to have your wallet on, and then to mine with the pool since its efficiency was beating solo mining to death.

ghobson

Activity: 250

Crypto Developer

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:26:29 PM

You likely have something there Fuzz.  I currently have 2758 Hodlings in my list btw.  A side effect of a year of mining and having to auto-hodl every block payment I guess.  I would probably have combined a days worth of mining into a single HODL deposit which would have dramatically reduced the number of HODLing transactions in the list.  But ok, let's follow the thought:

In 2.0:  The HODling list is not sortable.  The unsorted list appears to be organized according to some principle I don't understand.  Perhaps it was based on Nutoshi Sakamoto's shoe size or how many nuts he could fit on the head of a pin, I don't know.  Whatever the sorting principle is, it must be a logical organization according to the software and when a block is found the interest earned update to all the HODLing transactions is done in that same logical manner, straight down the list.  I'm completely spit-balling, I am not a coder.

In 3.0:  The HODling list is sortable.  When sorted according to estimated date of maturity, this perhaps effectively creates a random list as far as the software is concerned, and when a block is found and it tries to update the interest for each transaction, maybe it has to search through the whole list each time to find the "next" transaction to update.  And when that search happens 2000 times in rapid succession, it hangs the app.

In regard to creating a "fresh" wallet now and again, we discussed that back when the auto-hodl was put in place.  The fear was, if we have separate wallets, anything auto-hodled would be "stuck" in that wallet till it matured, and we could end up with multiple wallets that we had to keep up with.  Without auto-hodl, you can simply send any earnings in a separate wallet to your "main" wallet before you HODL it, thus keeping everything in one place and manageable.  Now, maybe you could get around the issue and import addresses from the separate wallets into your main and thus combine the HODLing lists, I don't know.  

The easiest solution at the time was to use the same wallet file for all machines you wanted to have your wallet on, and then to mine with the pool since its efficiency was beating solo mining to death.

i submitted a pull request to disable sorting with a flag, i also fixed a bug where i was sorting per row instead of just once at the end of populating the table.

Join the boid community, earn crypto while doing real research with your cpu/gpu boid.com
wisebc

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 10:27:38 PM

i submitted a pull request to disable sorting with a flag, i also fixed a bug where i was sorting per row instead of just once at the end of populating the table.

I'm also seeing my current day's hodling entries that should be showing up in the hodl listing as the farthest into the future just disappear from the sorted list, then later they are back again.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:10:53 AM

Many thanks to CoinExchange.io for their support in adding HOdlcoin.

Please show your appreciation by trading your HOdl here -

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/HODL/BTC

ksmd

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:35:04 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 11:30:05 AM by ksmd

Many thanks to CoinExchange.io for their support in adding HOdlcoin.

Please show your appreciation by trading your HOdl here -

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/HODL/BTC

Great news!
I already requested change on 'coinmarketcap.com' to add 'coinexchange.io' on HOdlcoin profile.

I bought some HODL. New exchange works just fine.

Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: