Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:35:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472778 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 06:28:24 AM

Hello
Today, i checked my balance on fuzzbawls explorer. So i have a difference between fuzzbawl and my wallet of around 5000 Hodl. So, what is my correct amount? I have reindexed my Core Client with same result.
Thank for an idea.

Oh, what version of the client you got there?

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
chschlumpf

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:13:27 AM

Hello
Today, i checked my balance on fuzzbawls explorer. So i have a difference between fuzzbawl and my wallet of around 5000 Hodl. So, what is my correct amount? I have reindexed my Core Client with same result.
Thank for an idea.

Oh, what version of the client you got there?

I have 3.0.1. My last Transaction is also seen on Fuzzbawl. That's why I wondering.
The difference I see, that in my Wallet I have no Matured Coins, but by Fuzzbawl I have 1100.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:48:10 AM

What's the address?

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
coinstash

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

G'day!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 01:53:06 AM

I would like you to consider along with the changes that you proposed, a complete re haul of the coin image, I think that we could make the coin much more professional, appealing and interesting, you know that if it pleases the eye, people will respond more to it, even exchanges..

Yes, I think we need a complete branding overhaul. Maybe even a re-name. I think one of the main reasons we stopped gaining momentum was that Bittrex refused to add the coin, citing the brand. I think we need something more corporatey and boring.

Is there any guarantee that Bittrex would accept a new name? Frankly it was a bullshit reason to deny listing.

HOdlcoin tip jar: HHodLxkjawXxt86EnDB1i8hCxkC4exGvab
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:15:07 AM

I would like you to consider along with the changes that you proposed, a complete re haul of the coin image, I think that we could make the coin much more professional, appealing and interesting, you know that if it pleases the eye, people will respond more to it, even exchanges..

Yes, I think we need a complete branding overhaul. Maybe even a re-name. I think one of the main reasons we stopped gaining momentum was that Bittrex refused to add the coin, citing the brand. I think we need something more corporatey and boring.

Is there any guarantee that Bittrex would accept a new name? Frankly it was a bullshit reason to deny listing.

Things have moved on a lot and there are no guarantees. But I think Bittrex were direct with us, even if we didn't like the reason.

DRP666

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:06:58 AM

Hello.

I am new.

Where can I find the newest miner tool and how to set them?
How to synch my wallet without waiting?
What pool is the best?
expmn

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:06:46 PM

Things have moved on a lot and there are no guarantees. But I think Bittrex were direct with us, even if we didn't like the reason.

Let's together add hodl coin to novaexchange.com, for this we need to pay 0.50 btc and the coin will receive a direct listing.
FreeTrade say your BTC address to me in PM and I will send you 0.02 BTC to add a coin to novaexchange. If the community supports this proposal, we will
quickly collect the required amount, and FreeTrade will require a coin to be added to novaexchange.

Sorry for my bad English
coinstash

Activity: 179

G'day!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:08:26 PM

Let's together add hodl coin to novaexchange.com, for this we need to pay 0.50 btc and the coin will receive a direct listing.
FreeTrade say your BTC address to me in PM and I will send you 0.02 BTC to add a coin to novaexchange. If the community supports this proposal, we will
quickly collect the required amount, and FreeTrade will require a coin to be added to novaexchange.

Sorry for my bad English

Exchanges like Nova and even Cryptopia simply aren't worth the effort, especially if you have to pay them for a listing. They have no volume or liquidity.

HOdlcoin tip jar: HHodLxkjawXxt86EnDB1i8hCxkC4exGvab
ram86

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:45:46 AM

Hey there, started mining some weeks ago, I very like this crypto concept and would like to support with a node but didn't find a repository or any guide on how to setup this on my linux server. Is it possible?
ksmd

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:26:30 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 12:48:43 PM by ksmd

About renaming:

I would say that using 'coin' in the name is deprecated already.
The name should refer to the main functionality of HOdlcoin project:
1. Depon
2. Depos
3. Depot

...and these days adding 'Network' or 'Platform'to the name, make it sounds more PRO ;-)
Those are my strong suggestion for your consideration

About rebranding:

In the link below you can see my logo propositions:
https://i.imgur.com/yK3cXU2.png

Groups 1-3 are using letter 'D' in different variations
Group 4 is illustrating growing deposits
Groups 5 and 6 illustrate HOdling (over and over)

Group 5 could be made as spinning animation, which would make more sense for it's meananing.

My favorites are 2c, 3c, 4b, 6b, 6c
(obviously, colors can be changed)

Let me know guys what you think.
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:54:39 PM

Could you guys stop being so vague, what exactly did Bittrex say. Pls post the quote here. Those name changes are terrible. The term Hodl is prolific. If it needs to be changed it gonna have to be a good name not just some letters crammed together. Fish
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:36:07 PM

About renaming:

I would say that using 'coin' in the name is deprecated already.
The name should refer to the main functionality of HOdlcoin project:
1. Depon
2. Depos
3. Depot

...and these days adding 'Network' or 'Platform'to the name, make it sounds more PRO ;-)
Those are my strong suggestion for your consideration

About rebranding:

In the link below you can see my logo propositions:

Groups 1-3 are using letter 'D' in different variations
Group 4 is illustrating growing deposits
Groups 5 and 6 illustrate HOdling (over and over)

Group 5 could be made as spinning animation, which would make more sense for it's meananing.

My favorites are 2c, 3c, 4b, 6b, 6c
(obviously, colors can be changed)

Let me know guys what you think.

I like some of your logo designs, but getting a little ahead of yourself - i think we'd want to get general agreement on any name change before designing a logo for it.

My 2 nuts -

Maybe

Holdercoin (Same ticker HODL)

or

5Percent (New ticker 5PC)

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:38:08 PM

Could you guys stop being so vague, what exactly did Bittrex say. Pls post the quote here. Those name changes are terrible. The term Hodl is prolific. If it needs to be changed it gonna have to be a good name not just some letters crammed together. Fish

Don't have the exact quote, it was over a year ago, but the gist of it was that the theme of nuts was unprofessional, and that adding us would make them unprofessional.

Fishmaster42

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:06:34 PM

Don't have the exact quote, it was over a year ago, but the gist of it was that the theme of nuts was unprofessional, and that adding us would make them unprofessional.

Right on. I agree, only if your a weird perverted fool that thinks about balls all day. A squirrel saves nuts for winter. Jeeze. People can make anything seem perverted if you think on it long enough. We may have burnt our bridge with them. I think calling the hodl coin nuts was a cute little thing, but we are far more than that. If it would make a difference I would say we never use the word nut again and delete it from all hodl, I dont think it will. I have projects Ive been involved with in the past where we had coins listed, delisted, and had different correspondence with both Bill and Richie from Bittrex. I have found these guys to be honest, not so fair at times, but extremely firm in their decisions. I wont lie in one case we were delisted for volume a good coin well know developer. The volume was even kind off iffy so close it looked to most of us like we had the volume. I begged like a dog for them to reconsider, as did many others. I went and found bill in some irc room cant remember where it was long ago. If a re ticker and a re branding need to take place we will need a dam good name and a three or four letter ticker and probably a technical innovation to lead that. It will be hard to beat name Hodl. Fish
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:17:12 PM

My response to that is...

As far as the "brand", don't go and try to fix something that isn't broken is my opinion.

The squirrel metaphor is perfect. The name is also so well defined that as a newb I kept thinking the people saying 'hodl' on other threads were referring to this coin. That's a good thing. It's a marketing exec's dream come true.

<- How is this not perfect? It immediately tells you every single thing you need to know about the coin.

If bittrex doesn't like "nutoshi" change it to "acorns" or "stores". If they still don't like it they won't ever like it so no point in bending over backwards for what has got to be a very small minority opinion if not just one person's over there.

Make the coin stable, remove confusion about which branch/tree/sapling, have some user friendly well documented tools that don't hog resources or are deprecated before they are even downloaded. Make it so that someone interested in this coin isn't required to find this very thread just to make it work. That's what the coin needs, more devs, more community, and current docs.

Fishmaster42

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:26:52 PM

As far as the "brand", don't go and try to fix something that isn't broken is my opinion.

The squirrel metaphor is perfect. The name is also so well defined that as a newb I kept thinking the people saying 'hodl' on other threads were referring to this coin. That's a good thing. It's a marketing exec's dream come true.

<- How is this not perfect? It immediately tells you every single thing you need to know about the coin.

If bittrex doesn't like "nutoshi" change it to "acorns" or "stores". If they still don't like it they won't ever like it so no point in bending over backwards for what has got to be a very small minority opinion if not just one person's over there.

Make the coin stable, remove confusion about which branch/tree/sapling, have some user friendly well documented tools that don't hog resources or are deprecated before they are even downloaded. Make it so that someone interested in this coin isn't required to find this very thread just to make it work. That's what the coin needs, more devs, more community, and current docs.

+1 Agree. Fish
M1ST3R

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:23:43 PM

Yes, this coin definitely need more exposure - maybe someone can step forward and be a community leader of sort.
keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

Sorry for my bad English

Exchanges like Nova and even Cryptopia simply aren't worth the effort, especially if you have to pay them for a listing. They have no volume or liquidity.

The same was said about poloniex in its early days. If a few of the biggest exchanges close down Nova and Cryptopia could start getting their trading volume. There's no harm getting hodl on novaexchange, and if the exchange gets bigger it could put hodl in a great position to get volume.
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:58:38 PM

I bet the devs at nvo.io would add it to their yet-to-be-made trading platform if asked.
wisebc

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:11:37 PM

Yes, this coin definitely need more exposure - maybe someone can step forward and be a community leader of sort.

As I, and others, have said before, we need to find and accumulate uses for this coin.  Specifically we need to find merchants willing to accept it.  Whether this is someone selling online guitar lessons or alpaca wool socks or trained ferrets  or whatever we need to get commerce going.  We need to do this before we start chasing more exchanges.  Adding more exchanges (if it's even possible) is only going to encourage more mining and dumping activity that I see people complain about because it will be more convenient for the dumpers to list their coins.  People do not need more ways to get this coin, they need a reason to get it and something to do with it.  Otherwise we're all just standing in a circle holding our nuts....I mean, uh, ACORNS!  There's a logo for you, a bunch of squirrels standing in a circle holding their acorns, cause that's where we are right now.

So, if your favorite online or brick and mortar store accepts crypto, contact them and see if they would be willing to accept HODL, even on a trial basis.  If we get a good base of merchants going, THEN you can take that list to exchanges and show them that the coin is desirable.  Chasing exchanges now is simply hoping for a false frenzy on a new exchange to temporarily boost the price.  We don't need a pump and dump, we need this coin project to grow for real.

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: