Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:53:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis and list of top big blocks shills (XT #REKT ignorers)  (Read 46559 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:56:55 AM

The best question nobody can answer:

Seriously, core should just increase the blocksize to 2MB in a regular maintenance update. They could even roll this into release candidate v0.12.0. It was never intended to be a consensus rule - only a temporary measure.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:59:17 AM

Seriously, core should just increase the blocksize to 2MB in a regular maintenance update. They could even roll this into release candidate v0.12.0. It was never intended to be a consensus rule - only a temporary measure.

Oh great idea! Let's enable DDoSing as a feature! Smiley

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3yulwv/any_examples_of_the_10_minute_script_thats_a/
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:02:18 AM

Oh great idea! Let's enable DDoSing as a feature! Smiley

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3yulwv/any_examples_of_the_10_minute_script_thats_a/

It’s possible to construct a transaction that takes up almost 1MB of space and which takes 30 seconds or more to validate on a modern computer (blocks containing such transactions have been mined). In 2MB blocks, a 2MB transaction can be constructed that may take over 10 minutes to validate which opens up dangerous denial-of-service attack vectors. Other lines of code would need to be changed to prevent these problems.

Good answer?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:38:51 AM

The core development team had more than enough time now to design a version of Bitcoin that allows scalability. The original Bitcoin never had the 1MB limitation and raising it now to 2MB will not kill the currency, it's simply adjusting the code to new requirements, gives BTC the potential to grow further and seems to reflect minimal consensus needed at this point in time. Let BTC thrive with 2MB blocks. Very simple. Classic it is!
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:44:02 AM

The core development team had more than enough time now to design a version of Bitcoin that allows scalability. The original Bitcoin never had the 1MB limitation and raising it now to 2MB will not kill the currency, it's simply adjusting the code to new requirements, gives BTC the potential to grow further and seems to reflect minimal consensus needed at this point in time. Let BTC thrive with 2MB blocks. Very simple. Classic it is!

Sounds like you've been misled by soundbites, and aren't very technically oriented. If Bitcoin is hardforked to 2MB by a majority of hashrate, businesses, and users... Bitcoin haz failed, K? It's only logical. Antifragile ftw.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 06:56:12 AM

Indeed.  Bitcoin is supposed to be governed by the code people freely choose to run.  If a company like Blockstream can co-opt Core, force the adoption of "illogical" features that the user do not want, and prevent the community from migrating to a new repo, then that would demonstrate a failure of Bitcoin.  
Yes, governed by the people manipulating the masses to run code by others. Code that is redundant in comparison to SegWit. You are forcing the industry into an illogical move, not helping it avoid one.

As a developer for Bitcoin Classic, and co-Chief Architect along with jstolfi,
Is this some kind of joke?

It’s possible to construct a transaction that takes up almost 1MB of space and which takes 30 seconds or more to validate on a modern computer (blocks containing such transactions have been mined). In 2MB blocks, a 2MB transaction can be constructed that may take over 10 minutes to validate which opens up dangerous denial-of-service attack vectors. Other lines of code would need to be changed to prevent these problems.
Tell me again why Core refuses to increase the size like this? It surely isn't because of a security problem (said every XT/BU/Classic supporter)?  Roll Eyes

No, it is not. 2 MB blocks could be designed so that they have nodes forking everywhere around the world (SegWit is safer). Good luck trusting a broken network.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 08:26:08 AM

The core development team had more than enough time now to design a version of Bitcoin that allows scalability.

Core has already designed "a version of Bitcoin that allows scalability."

They have been testing Segwit, Elements (sidechains), and Lightning since last year.  _Classic is the faction trying to roll back RBF and CLTV.

Oh wait, you are a Toomininsita and thus don't give a shit about exhaustive testing for new features being added to a consensus-critical distributed database.

2MB blocks "don't require much testing" so we should just roll them out Right Fucking Now, right?

Thanks for reminding the good people of Yorba Linda why _Classic is #R3KT.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bergmann_Christoph

Activity: 409
Merit: 286

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 10:32:46 AM

Hmm ... let's write some lines of code to restrict transaction size to let's say 1 MB instead of writing 500 lines of code for Segregated Witness that quadripples the complexicity of bitcoin and brings less capacity to a later point in time?

--
Mein Buch: Bitcoin-Buch.org
Bester Bitcoin-Marktplatz in der Eurozone: Bitcoin.de
Bestes Bitcoin-Blog im deutschsprachigen Raum: bitcoinblog.de

Tips dafür, dass ich den Blocksize-Thread mit Niveau und Unterhaltung fülle und Fehlinformationen bekämpfe:
Bitcoin: 1BesenPtt5g9YQYLqYZrGcsT3YxvDfH239
Ethereum: XE14EB5SRHKPBQD7L3JLRXJSZEII55P1E8C
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:14:53 AM

No, it is not. 2 MB blocks could be designed so that they have nodes forking everywhere around the world (SegWit is safer). Good luck trusting a broken network.

Are you referring to unbounded hashed bytes for sigops? Why not bound them? And are all these transactions isStandard()?

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:18:17 AM

The core development team had more than enough time now to design a version of Bitcoin that allows scalability.

Is that the one that Nobody Wantstm?

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:43:36 AM

Nobody Wants a contentious hard fork and subsequent catastrophic consensus failure, except XT/Unlimited/Classic dead-enders (but you guys don't matter, because Bitcoin is not a democracy).

The people who matter support Core.  Here, have some Fact Welfare you poor, low-information Toominista.

https://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-core/capacity-increases

Why don't you follow your role model Mike Hearn's example, and ride off into the sunset?

You've got the whining part down, now you just need to GTFO.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 11:54:36 AM

Poor miCEBREAKER needs to clutch the last straw, the miserably failed tactics of his totalitarian idols. Your self-destroying agitation is a great support to trigger the fork even faster than without your efforts.
Bergmann_Christoph

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:54:40 AM

https://twitter.com/borntricky/status/688280583038873600

@adam3us @pa49 @matthew_d_green a 2 mb block is not illogical and it would put and end to this. It's stubbornness that's killing bitcoin.

--

Tips dafür, dass ich den Blocksize-Thread mit Niveau und Unterhaltung fülle und Fehlinformationen bekämpfe:
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:03:27 PM

Nobody Wants a contentious hard fork and subsequent catastrophic consensus failure, except XT/Unlimited/Classic dead-enders (but you guys don't matter, because Bitcoin is not a democracy).

The people who matter support Core.  Here, have some Fact Welfare you poor, low-information Toominista.

https://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-core/capacity-increases

Why don't you follow your role model Mike Hearn's example, and ride off into the sunset?

You've got the whining part down, now you just need to GTFO.   Wink

You are always so angry. I love that about you....  Cool Cheesy Cheesy

So whataya got for me?

Contentious fork?  No such thing. It either forks with over 75% behind it or it doesn't happen. Just coz you are crying does not make it contentious.
Catastrophic Consensus Failure?   See first point.  You can swim against the tide all you like, bitcoin will move on without you.
Bitcoin is not a democracy?  This does not equal "Developer X decides the future"  Its consnesus - what the majority follow is what becomes the standard. you cant influence it or subvert it.
People who matter support core?  Not anymore. They had their chance and blew it. The market is tired of their procrastination  and buying time waiting for their overly complex solutions.
Whining?  Me?   Grin Grin Grin  

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:12:57 PM

So whataya got for me?

A list of Core supporters that prove you are liar:

Adam Back
    Alex Morcos
    Aaron Voisine
    Ben Davenport
    Ben Gorlick
    Bram Cohen
    Bryan Bishop
    BtcDrak
    Charlie Lee
    Christian Decker
    Cøbra
    Cory Fields
    Craig Watkins
    Daniel
    Daniel Kraft
    David A. Harding
    David Vorick
    Dev Random
    DexX7
    Douglas Huff
    Eric Lombrozo
    Glenn H Tarbox
    Gregory Maxwell
    Gregory Sanders
    James Hilliard
    Johnathan Corgan
    Johnson Lau
    Jonas Schnelli
    Jouke Hofman
    Lawrence Nahum
    Luke Dashjr
    Mark Friedenbach
    Eric Martindale
    Manuel Aráoz
    Marco Falke
    Matt Corallo
    Midnight Magic
    Michael Ford
    Nicolas Bacca
    Nicolas Dorier
    Obi Nwosu
    Patrick Strateman
    Pavel Janik
    Peter Todd
    Pieter Wuille
    Randy Waterhouse
    Rodolfo Novak
    Ruben de Vries
    Suhas Daftuar
    Theymos
    Thomas Kerin
    Wang Chun
    Warren Togami
    Wladimir J. van der Laan

Please pout more about now "Nobody Wants" Core's scaling roadmap.  It's funny!   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:18:33 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 12:31:24 PM by sAt0sHiFanClub

So whataya got for me?

Adam Back
    Alex Morcos
    Aaron Voisine
    Ben Davenport
    Ben Gorlick
    Bram Cohen
    Bryan Bishop
    BtcDrak
    Charlie Lee
    Christian Decker
    Cøbra
    Cory Fields
    Craig Watkins
    Daniel
    Daniel Kraft
    David A. Harding
    David Vorick
    Dev Random
    DexX7
    Douglas Huff
    Eric Lombrozo
    Glenn H Tarbox
    Gregory Maxwell
    Gregory Sanders
    James Knobend
    Johnathan Corgan
    Johnson Lau
    Jonas Schnelli
    Jouke Hofman
    Lawrence Nahum
    Luke Dashjr
    Mark Friedenbach
    Eric Martindale
    Manuel Aráoz
    Marco Falke
    Matt Corallo
    Midnight Magic
    Michael Ford
    Nicolas Bacca
    Nicolas Dorier
    Obi Nwosu
    Patrick Strateman
    Pavel Janik
    Peter Todd
    Pieter Wuille
    Randy Waterhouse
    Rodolfo Novak
    Ruben de Vries
    Suhas Daftuar
    Theymos
    Thomas Kerin
    Wang Chun
    Warren Togami
    Wladimir J. van der Laan

Please pout more about now "Nobody Wants" Core's scaling roadmap.  It's funny!   Grin

Thats (largely) a list of core contributors. Well done. I'm sure you meant to make an incisive point with that cut'n'paste, and as soon as I see it I will be sure to "+1" it for you.

Bergmann_Christoph

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:24:51 PM

Thats a list of core contributors. Well done. I'm sure you meant to make an incisive point with that cut'n'paste, and as soon as I see it I will be sure to "+1" it for you.

I guess he wanted to say:

Look here, so many people did sign the roadmap. You must be a liar, because -- fuck you fuck you get out of bitcoin fork away let's me and my super-rich friends play alone you poor noob gavinist and toominist and statist and leftist.

--

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:30:19 PM

Thats a list of core contributors. Well done. I'm sure you meant to make an incisive point with that cut'n'paste, and as soon as I see it I will be sure to "+1" it for you.

I guess he wanted to say:

Look here, so many people did sign the roadmap. You must be a liar, because -- fuck you fuck you get out of bitcoin fork away let's me and my super-rich friends play alone you poor noob gavinist and toominist and statist and leftist.

I imagine his efforts on the keyboard are split roughly 50% typing and 50% spitting

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:39:15 PM

So whataya got for me?

Please pout more about now "Nobody Wants" Core's scaling roadmap.  It's funny!   Grin

Ah, your Politbüro. Boring without picture.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:40:25 PM

So whataya got for me?

Adam Back
    Alex Morcos
    Aaron Voisine
    Ben Davenport
    Ben Gorlick
    Bram Cohen
    Bryan Bishop
    BtcDrak
    Charlie Lee
    Christian Decker
    Cøbra
    Cory Fields
    Craig Watkins
    Daniel
    Daniel Kraft
    David A. Harding
    David Vorick
    Dev Random
    DexX7
    Douglas Huff
    Eric Lombrozo
    Glenn H Tarbox
    Gregory Maxwell
    Gregory Sanders
    James Knobend
    Johnathan Corgan
    Johnson Lau
    Jonas Schnelli
    Jouke Hofman
    Lawrence Nahum
    Luke Dashjr
    Mark Friedenbach
    Eric Martindale
    Manuel Aráoz
    Marco Falke
    Matt Corallo
    Midnight Magic
    Michael Ford
    Nicolas Bacca
    Nicolas Dorier
    Obi Nwosu
    Patrick Strateman
    Pavel Janik
    Peter Todd
    Pieter Wuille
    Randy Waterhouse
    Rodolfo Novak
    Ruben de Vries
    Suhas Daftuar
    Theymos
    Thomas Kerin
    Wang Chun
    Warren Togami
    Wladimir J. van der Laan

Please pout more about now "Nobody Wants" Core's scaling roadmap.  It's funny!   Grin

Thats (largely) a list of core contributors. Well done. I'm sure you meant to make an incisive point with that cut'n'paste, and as soon as I see it I will be sure to "+1" it for you.

That is a list of people who support Core's scaling roadmap.  The "incisive point" is that you are a liar that claimed "nobody wants" Core's approach.

We, the undersigned, support the roadmap in Capacity increases for the Bitcoin system. We have been working on scalability for several years within the Bitcoin Core project and consider this the best possible continuation of our efforts.

The list of core contributers is much longer and may be found at github.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: