Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:01:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis and list of top big blocks shills (XT #REKT ignorers)  (Read 46559 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:29:03 PM

Lauda, you are clearly in the paradigm of centralized development
when speak of things like "handing over the keys".
You do realize that certain people have commit keys and certain people have alert keys, and that is a thing? It is not like you could just 'walk' into Github and merge your own code at will (in the Bitcoin repository).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:31:08 PM

Lauda, you are clearly in the paradigm of centralized development
when speak of things like "handing over the keys".
You do realize that certain people have commit keys and certain people have alert keys, and that is a thing? It is not like you could just 'walk' into Github and merge your own code at will (in the Bitcoin repository).

Each repo has it its own permissions, yup..pretty clear on that.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:32:52 PM

Let's assume that Classic takes off and Core becomes obsolete. Technically the 'keys' have changed hands. This is especially true for those that claim that Core is in 'control' of the development. In this scenario, Classic would be in 'control'.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:55:46 PM

Let's assume that Classic takes off and Core becomes obsolete. Technically the 'keys' have changed hands. This is especially true for those that claim that Core is in 'control' of the development. In this scenario, Classic would be in 'control'.

I don't see why core would need to become "obsolete".  Let's say classic takes off and an economic majority
forks away from a version of core that only supported 1MB.  Well, Core could then update to 2MB and not
be obsolete.  Then, Bitcoin unlimited nodes could also be running.  Now you have at least 3 implementations
and no one is in control of Bitcoin.

What's wrong with that?

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:03:03 PM

Don't you remember that Pieter Wuille proposed that we increase the supply to 42million (after the first 21 million have been mined)? This does not mean that the proposal will be implemented. IRC sipa said that they would not merge this.

I'm fairly sure that was sipa's (Pieter Wuille) april fool joke for the year, I vaguely remember going all *WTF*, then suddenly noticing 4/1/2014 as the published date

Vires in numeris
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:27:04 PM

Don't you remember that Pieter Wuille proposed that we increase the supply to 42million (after the first 21 million have been mined)? This does not mean that the proposal will be implemented. IRC sipa said that they would not merge this.

I'm fairly sure that was sipa's (Pieter Wuille) april fool joke for the year, I vaguely remember going all *WTF*, then suddenly noticing 4/1/2014 as the published date

He got me.  Undecided

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1333984.msg13614666#msg13614666

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:29:17 PM

from my pov the 'keys' have not changed hands, just new 'keys' were added.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:34:15 PM

They've voted 89% in favour of removing Theymos alert key access.

https://bitcoinclassic.consider.it/

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:48:38 PM

i should probably read more thorough. i didn't mean it literally. i meant keys to the house that is bitcoin development.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:56:22 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 08:17:33 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

i should probably read more thorough. i didn't mean it literally. i meant keys to the house that is bitcoin development.

I figured that's what you meant.

I should have read it more carefully before quoting it. It actually looks like 89 people in favour of it, not 89%.

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 8440

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 03:54:08 AM

This is FUD, and a lot of people are trying to use this against Core. Any developer has the right to create a proposal. Don't you remember that Pieter Wuille proposed that we increase the supply to 42million (after the first 21 million have been mined)? This does not mean that the proposal will be implemented. IRC sipa said that they would not merge this.
Crazy things are proposed all the time-- and there is nothing wrong with that, it's part of how understanding is advanced.

Though in this case, Pieter proposed no such thing.  Bitcoin's creator did:  The original 21 million limit didn't work right and after a few hundred years would have repeated the coin distribution all over again, and we fixed it. The april-1stness of BIP42 was just the the silly way this trivial soft-fork fix to Bitcoin's consensus rules was described.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:03:25 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 05:46:29 AM by Peter R

Pieter Wuille proposed that we increase the supply to 42million (after the first 21 million have been mined)
...Pieter proposed no such thing.  Bitcoin's creator did:  The original 21 million limit didn't work right and after a few hundred years would have repeated the coin distribution all over again, and we fixed it.

Recognize that this change injected subjectivty into the system.  Greg called it a bug fix, implying that he knew that Bitcoin's nature was something other than what was defined by the code.  And I would agree.  

This is an excellent jumping off point for the broader discussion of "what is Bitcoin?" Was Bitcoin's nature written in stone when Satoshi created the reference client?  Or is its nature free to evolve through a market-based process, or something else?

Most of us would agree--based on our intuitive understanding of what Bitcoin ought to be--that the reward distribution probably shouldn't reset back to 50 BTC/block in 2140.  For this reason, the rules as defined by the code were changed to prevent another 21 million coins from being mined after 2140.  

Bitcoin is a product of the market--defined by the code we freely choose to run.  There are no sacred cows.1

1Even of the spherical variety.

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 05:31:58 AM

Sheer folly.

Appointing Theymos Guardian of the Forum and Keeper of the Sacred Alert Key was Satoshi's greatest (external) triumph.

Inflicting Agent Andresen on the developers was his greatest mistake.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 05:34:02 AM

The problem is that if we deploy 2 MB blocks right now we have to postpone SegWit. A combination of those would be similar to a increase to 4 MB which is definitely unsafe, especially considering that a transaction at 2 MB could be created that would take over 10 minutes to validate. It is either 2 MB block size or SegWit right now. Tell me again what benefits come with a 2 MB block size? None.

The Toominista "2MB Right Fucking Now Because Reasons" plan is all cost with no benefit.

That's why Classic is #rekt and DOA.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 06:34:14 AM

This is FUD, and a lot of people are trying to use this against Core. Any developer has the right to create a proposal. Don't you remember that Pieter Wuille proposed that we increase the supply to 42million (after the first 21 million have been mined)? This does not mean that the proposal will be implemented. IRC sipa said that they would not merge this.
Crazy things are proposed all the time-- and there is nothing wrong with that, it's part of how understanding is advanced.
Exactly. People are trying to use just about anything against Core these days.

So let's remove the alert keys from a known and very trustworthy person of the community where there has been zero evidence of any kind of potential abuse? Smart move. Who should get access to this kind of key; Toomin, Rizun?  What a joke.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 06:48:53 AM

The problem is that if we deploy 2 MB blocks right now we have to postpone SegWit. A combination of those would be similar to a increase to 4 MB which is definitely unsafe, especially considering that a transaction at 2 MB could be created that would take over 10 minutes to validate. It is either 2 MB block size or SegWit right now. Tell me again what benefits come with a 2 MB block size? None.

The Toominista "2MB Right Fucking Now Because Reasons" plan is all cost with no benefit.

That's why Classic is #rekt and DOA.

You do realise that we are only doing this to fuck with your head, right?  This isn't about big or small blocks - it only about you.

We are keeping an eye on that pulsing vain on the side of your head, taking bets on when its gonna pop like a zit.  Wink

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:11:13 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 07:36:46 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

So let's remove the alert keys from a known and very trustworthy person of the community where there has been zero evidence of any kind of potential abuse? Smart move. Who should get access to this kind of key; Toomin, Rizun?  What a joke.

I didn't mean to imply I approved or disapproved of the move. I don't vote.

Sheer folly.

Appointing Theymos Guardian of the Forum and Keeper of the Sacred Alert Key was Satoshi's greatest (external) triumph.

AFAIK Jeff Garzik handed this forum over to Sirius. And it was some kid called Atlas who gave Theymos the Reddit.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 07:21:20 AM

I heard that Toomim is a stoner and Rizun is a charlatan who farms spherical cows.  
Both are correct.

So let's remove the alert keys from a known and very trustworthy person of the community where there has been zero evidence of any kind of potential abuse? Smart move. Who should get access to this kind of key; Toomin, Rizun?  What a joke.
I didn't mean to imply I approved or disapproved of the move. I don't vote.
I wasn't talking to you directly although it might seem like I was. I'm talking about those who voted in favor.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:30:15 AM

I heard that Toomim is a stoner and Rizun is a charlatan who farms spherical cows.  
Both are correct.

Have you ever tried filet mignon from a spherical cow?  It pairs well with big blocks and segmentation faults.  

The sacred 1 MB cow is being led to the slaughter house.

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:33:24 AM

Both are correct.

Have you ever tried filet mignon from a spherical cow?  It pairs well with big blocks and segmentation faults.  

The sacred 1 MB cow is being prepared for slaughter.

Don't you think this business about forever threatening contentious hard forks is potentially disasterous? And almost certainly bad for business?

Is this really how open source projects 'function'?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: