Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis and list of top big blocks shills (XT #REKT ignorers)  (Read 46559 times)
valiz

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

BTC trader

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 02:30:32 PM

I do not think that BIP101 threatens network security, and the treat of a political civil war should not sufficient reason to not support a contentious fork.

It is not wrong to support a contentious hard fork.

i said that a contentious hard fork threatens to break consensus and could result in multiple blockchains. that is why a contentious hard fork should be avoided.
I do not think that this is a good reason to avoid contentious hard forks.

Considering that the problem of tyranny of the majority has been solved in Bitcoin, 75% consensus does seem reasonable to me in order to initiate a contentious hard fork.

12c3DnfNrfgnnJ3RovFpaCDGDeS6LMkfTN "who lives by QE dies by QE"
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:49:54 PM

I do not think that BIP101 threatens network security, and the treat of a political civil war should not sufficient reason to not support a contentious fork.

It is not wrong to support a contentious hard fork.

i said that a contentious hard fork threatens to break consensus and could result in multiple blockchains. that is why a contentious hard fork should be avoided.
I do not think that this is a good reason to avoid contentious hard forks.

Considering that the problem of tyranny of the majority has been solved in Bitcoin, 75% consensus does seem reasonable to me in order to initiate a contentious hard fork.
I will stand by those statements, made in a different time. Things are different now, I support classic and unlimited for a two megabyte blocksize. Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:57:01 PM

I will stand by those statements, made in a different time. Things are different now, I support classic and unlimited for a two megabyte blocksize. Smiley
Five months ago is indeed a 'different time'. I'll leave this here as well.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
VeritasSapere

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:27:16 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2016, 04:47:20 PM by VeritasSapere

So you're willing to accept a network split and harm both chains just to get your own way? Quite irrational and egoistical behavior.  

LOL.

It's got nothing to do with whether Jonald Fyookball is willing to accept it or not.

A network split is simply the inevitable consequence
of a failure to reach consensus.  Either everyone runs
the same code (consensus) or not.

Pretty simple.

Not sure what you're trying to argue actually.
I think that you are spot on jonald. We either have freedom under Bitcoin or we do not. It really is quite simple, either we respect the democratic principle or we do not. The only people working against our freedom are the ones telling us that we are not free to fork.
btcusury (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:00:48 PM

I think that you are spot on jonald.
<insert South Park Cartman image>

We either have freedom under Bitcoin or we do not.
Freedom "under" something? Nice thinking.

It really is quite simple, either we respect the democratic principle or we do not.
Just stop and think about what you are actually advocating, just for a moment... How is the "democratic principle" working out on our planet? Do you really, really, really still want to hold onto the idea that Bitcoin development should be steered by "the economic majority" who are easily manipulated by long-perfected populist tactics (mass-consciousness-influencing propaganda), just like mainstream politics, instead of being steered by technical decisions relating to long-term resilience against attacks by said tactics? Honestly, from my perspective, you really seem to have lost your ability to have an open mind, to absorb new information, to upgrade your understanding... which is why it's so hard to imagine that you're not following an agenda. Are you here to learn and expand, or to promote static ideas that you picked up and embraced because they felt good when you first came across them?

The only people working against our freedom are the ones telling us that we are not free to fork.
You ARE free to fork (as you already know). What would convince you that hardforking is NOT a good idea?

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:15:08 PM

... How is the "democratic principle" working out on our planet? ...
On the planet? Slavery nearly abolished, literacy. standard of living, and nearly every other metric: up!
Myself, I'm farting through silk Smiley

But you, your life didn't work out too well, I take it? And you blame ...democracy? Because can't possibly be your own fault?
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:33:05 PM

On the planet? Slavery nearly abolished, literacy. standard of living, and nearly every other metric: up!

But you, your life didn't work out too well, I take it? And you blame ...democracy? Because can't possibly be your own fault?

The problem according to anarchists (and other collectivists) seems to be that people they disagree with get to vote as well.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
btcusury (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:07:00 PM

I've got some great links that you may wish to use to expand your sources of information and upgrade your understandings. It's completely up to you what you want to believe, however.

Slavery merely changed labels. Watch: The Story of Your Enslavement

Life for me is now always getting better than it has been before (since being born that is), and it's only through gnosis that such is achievable.

The problem according to anarchists (and other collectivists) seems to be that people they disagree with get to vote as well.
Anarchists and other collectivists?? WOW. (See link in sig, if you want to learn anything...)

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
bargainbin

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:56:50 PM

I've got some great links that you may wish to use to expand your sources of information and upgrade your understandings. It's completely up to you what you want to believe, however.

Slavery merely changed labels. Watch: The Story of Your Enslavement

Life for me is now always getting better than it has been before (since being born that is), and it's only through gnosis that such is achievable.

So life's getting better for you, and you can't even post a link to your batshit UToob without fucking it up? Cheesy

see link in sig
Hahahahahaha Cheesy

"Ah'm 'a gonna drop some gnosis on y'all.
Where did the money go? The answer is obvious my friends. It is the Jews! Covetous Jews, who have taken all our money and hoarded it for themselves. And hidden all the cash in some secret Jew Cave that they built, probably back in the early 60’s…"
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:12:53 PM

Anarchists and other collectivists?? WOW. (See link in sig, if you want to learn anything...)

I'm sorry to tell you that there's nothing there. He's saying stuff every 14 year old have thought about, but in a way you only will hear in a cult or a sect.

If you really want to know something about the world you're living in, and about freedom, then here's a list to get you started:

• Plato: The Statesman
  • Hobbes: Leviathan
  • Descartes: Meditations
  • Kant: Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals; Critique of Pure Reason; Critique of Practical Reason; Critique of Judgement; Metaphysics of Morals; Perpetual Peace.
  • John Locke: On Liberty

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:22:02 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 01:36:57 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

I'm sorry to tell you that there's nothing there. He's saying stuff every 14 year old have thought about, but in a way you only will hear in a cult or a sect.

If you really want to know something about the world you're living in, and about freedom, then here's a list to get you started:

• Kant: Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals; Critique of Pure Reason; Critique of Practical Reason; Critique of Judgement; Metaphysics of Morals; Perpetual Peace.

The Republic is a horrible authoritarian fantasy. Plato’s politics always makes me queasy.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:43:30 PM

The Republic is a horrible authoritarian dystopian fantasy. Plato’s politics always makes me queasy.

Which makes The Statesman all the more interesting. You can see the power of the critical mind. He dissects politics in a way that clears the path for a modern democracy, even if he can't see it himself.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:53:58 PM

The Republic is a horrible authoritarian dystopian fantasy. Plato’s politics always makes me queasy.

Which makes The Statesman all the more interesting. You can see the power of the critical mind. He dissects politics in a way that clears the path for a modern democracy, even if he can't see it himself.

I'll take your word for it. I gave up on him after he outlawed poetry. Undecided

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:56:48 PM

I'll take your word for it. I gave up on him after he outlawed poetry. Undecided

I'm pretty sure he's dead. You can read his works under a blanket with a flashlight.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:02:48 PM

I'm pretty sure he's dead. You can read his works under a blanket with a flashlight.

Dead people scare me. I can’t help that!

blunderer

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:14:06 PM

• Plato: The Statesman (Haha! Boy, we bored them to sleep, boy! Now let's touch butts!)
  • J. Calvin & Hobbes: Look There, A Leviathan!
  • Cunt: Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:27:39 PM

Can we do Wittgenstein next. He was my speciality.

sAt0sHiFanClub

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 10:00:33 PM

Can we do Wittgenstein next. He was my speciality.

Lowering the tone...    see them all here

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
btcusury (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:39:01 PM

Yes, read the authors that have been prescribed to you and put in your face since you were young, so that you won't notice how you are serving a control system that subtly "enslaves" your mind by means of making you believe that the violence-premised systems of control such as "democracy" and "government" and "authority" are benevolent forms of and the pinnacle of human organization. Keep doing that and shilling for "democratic" max blocksize increases that are probably engineered by the same control system so that you'll help to (temporarily) hinder the advancement of one of the largest threats to its largest control vector (centralized debt-based money).

What on Earth could make you believe that those 5 pre-Internet authors could in any way be able to offer an appropriate analysis of our world today? Why is it that you have even heard of them, and not about <insert any number of actual contemporary researchers>? I can answer the question, of course, but I'll let you ponder it... if you haven't completely lost the ability to think for yourself, that is.

sAt0sHiFanClub

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 03:33:39 PM

What on Earth could make you believe that those 5 pre-Internet authors could in any way be able to offer an appropriate analysis of our world today? Why is it that you have even heard of them, and not about <insert any number of actual contemporary researchers>? I can answer the question, of course, but I'll let you ponder it... if you haven't completely lost the ability to think for yourself, that is.

Because nothing changes. Modern circumstances may change the appearance of issues, but ultimately its our human response that is critical.

You dont get it. Because you think you are special, you think your problems are special. They are not.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: