Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073032 times)
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:25:23 PM

People actually running a delegate are just doing so for test purpose right? I got lost a little bit Grin
thats my understanding, so i didnt bother with it.

Big mistake.  Running a test net node is a reputation building exercise to get votes when you start your main net node.  Those who wait will be lost in a sea of me-too Standby Delegates at launch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:27:08 PM

People actually running a delegate are just doing so for test purpose right? I got lost a little bit Grin

Big mistake.  Running a test net node is a reputation building exercise to get votes when you start your main net node.  Those who wait will be lost in a sea of me-too Standby Delegates at launch.
agreed... sadly im still in the 200s Sad
edit: 95! woot

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:37:18 PM

If you have a test net node with rank 102 and up, go to lisk.chat and direct message Joel with the delegate name, it's rank, and the ip address of your node to show it is running.  He is the keeper of the testnet, he can put you in the top 101 instantly.  Then go to the delegate channel and find the link to my delegate spreadsheet and enter your info.  Welcome to The Team.
tiagoengineer

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:40:29 PM

Please vote for me for Lisk Delegate.

Running 8 GB Memory / 80 GB Disk / TOR1 - Ubuntu 14.04.4 x64 server on DigitalOcean. 159.203.38.14:7000

Thanks!!!

tiagoengineer
Rank 99
djselery
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:45:22 PM

If you have a test net node with rank 102 and up, go to lisk.chat and direct message Joel with the delegate name, it's rank, and the ip address of your node to show it is running.  He is the keeper of the testnet, he can put you in the top 101 instantly.  Then go to the delegate channel and find the link to my delegate spreadsheet and enter your info.  Welcome to The Team.
what link?
mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 04:48:56 PM

Lisk — The first modular crypto-currency

Scalability has been a problem with crypto-currencies since Bitcoin’s introduction.

Scalability is the capability of a system, network, or process to handle a growing amount of work, or its potential to be enlarged in order to accommodate that growth.

In order to resolve this, Lisk will become the first truly modular crypto-currency by utilizing sidechains as a solution to scalability. Lisk sidechains allow us to implement various features into the Lisk main network simply as Decentralized Applications (Dapps). This not only makes single features optional, it will also keep the Lisk mainchain streamlined in comparison to other crypto-currencies.
From an architectural standpoint it is rational to apply this modularity prior to the official Lisk launch. Therefore, effective immediately, we have completely removed the current implementation of usernames and contacts from Lisk. In the near future, they will be part of the so called “Core Dapps” which bring new features directly integrated into the client user interface (UI).

The first Core Dapp allows users to create a unique identity on the Lisk network involving information such as username, first name, surname, email, forum/chat username, and/or a description. Dapp developers are be able to access the identity sidechain and use the information within their own dapps, e.g. the name of a Lisk account owner.

Alongside with the other planned Core Dapps (messaging, dapp reviews/ratings, contacts), Lisk not only becomes a decentralized network, it becomes a feature-complete and independent ecosystem. Combined with the many dapps by our users Lisk will form a one of its kind hub for the world, empowering the Internet of Things and motivating many industries.

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-the-first-modular-crypto-currency-dd3e8df87613

Looking forward to this.
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:52:06 PM

If you have a test net node with rank 102 and up, go to lisk.chat and direct message Joel with the delegate name, it's rank, and the ip address of your node to show it is running.  He is the keeper of the testnet, he can put you in the top 101 instantly.  Then go to the delegate channel and find the link to my delegate spreadsheet and enter your info.  Welcome to The Team.
what link?

I've been trying to reach you.  I'll PM it to you here soon.  On my phone now.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:57:09 PM

Scalability has been a problem with crypto-currencies since Bitcoin’s introduction.

Scalability is the capability of a system, network, or process to handle a growing amount of work, or its potential to be enlarged in order to accommodate that growth.

In order to resolve this, Lisk will become the first truly modular crypto-currency by utilizing sidechains as a solution to scalability. Lisk sidechains allow us to implement various features into the Lisk main network simply as Decentralized Applications (Dapps). This not only makes single features optional, it will also keep the Lisk mainchain streamlined in comparison to other crypto-currencies.
From an architectural standpoint it is rational to apply this modularity prior to the official Lisk launch. Therefore, effective immediately, we have completely removed the current implementation of usernames and contacts from Lisk. In the near future, they will be part of the so called “Core Dapps” which bring new features directly integrated into the client user interface (UI).

The first Core Dapp allows users to create a unique identity on the Lisk network involving information such as username, first name, surname, email, forum/chat username, and/or a description. Dapp developers are be able to access the identity sidechain and use the information within their own dapps, e.g. the name of a Lisk account owner.

Alongside with the other planned Core Dapps (messaging, dapp reviews/ratings, contacts), Lisk not only becomes a decentralized network, it becomes a feature-complete and independent ecosystem. Combined with the many dapps by our users Lisk will form a one of its kind hub for the world, empowering the Internet of Things and motivating many industries.

Looking forward to this.
Shocked $5 @ launch on polo?
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:11:10 PM

I also think that the launch should be as it was planned on 11th April.There should be no more waiting for hose who didn't activate yet their privkaeys.There was enough time and reminders for them to take action.There should not be any delay because of some lazy persons.No more excuses ,no more wait things should be on track as planned.

I also will do agree with you, you're right with that suggestion as i think so majority of the investors already activated their private keys so now i am waiting to get launch of mainnet on the given date on 11th April.
Grumlin
Legendary

Activity: 2886
Merit: 1137

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 05:22:03 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 05:34:39 PM by Grumlin

so, at 1-2 dollars at start, and 5-10 in end of year! go go go

ps. Vote for me!

▄
         ▄███
         ▀████▄
       ▄  ▀████▄
      ███▄ ▀████▄
    ▄████   ▀████▄
   ▄████      ████▄
  ▄████        ████▄
 █████          █████
▀████▄          ▄████▀
  ▀████▄▄▄▄   ▄████▀
    ▀████▀  ▄████▀
LISK
       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█▄            ▄█▄
   █████          █████
  ███████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███████
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
 ▄██████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████ ▀▀█████████████████
██████████     ▀▀█████████████
██████████         ▀▀█████████
██████████         ▄▄█████████
██████████     ▄▄█████████████
██████████ ▄▄█████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
 ▀██████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀████████████████████▀▀

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████▀    ███████
██████████  ▄██████████
██████████  ███████████
████████      ▄████████
██████████  ███████████
██████████  ███████████
██████████  ███████████
 █████████████████████
  ▀▀███████████████▀▀
djselery
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:26:45 PM

sgdias

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:24:00 PM

Hi all,

I have succesfully test my delegate node and just updated my proposal:

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=121

Check also my introduction:

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=47&p=457#p419

Regards,

Santiago.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:37:56 PM

so, at 1-2 dollars at start, and 5-10 in end of year! go go go

ps. Vote for me!

It will be fantastic to see lisk at 1-2 dollars directly after the launch on bittrex or c-cex !
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 06:38:52 PM

I really don't understand all this talk about WAVES and other ICO's in a thread like this. This seems to me more obvious than a lot of previous ICO's to be not as good people want you to believe.
I think WAVES saw the opportunity to get a lot of supporters after the succesfull previous ICO's.

You always have to ask yourself: Why should someone "invade" this successful ICO thread and talk about other investment opportunities, that by the way look pretty similar to LISK's ICO.
Also ask yourself: For a lie, would you take the risk to build up a really nice website, a gameplan and buy in some known people?
Also aks yourself: Would you as a indepentend investor, spread the world crazy about an unique opportunity, or would you hope that not 7Million in cash is supported and you get the investment crazy undervalued?

Be a investor and ask yourself these questions Smiley Maybe WAVES is great, but there is no reason to post more WAVES related content, then LISK related content in this thread.

Also check out the newest interview of LISK on Invesd:

https://invesd.org/interview-series-3-lisk/
https://twitter.com/ProjectInvesd/status/713750559480745986
great interview, thumbs up max!!!

in regard of all this talk about waves, i also participated on their sig campaign and was thinking extra btc cant hurt so why not.. but seeing this sig campaign turning into circus i refuse to be their puppet and took off that sig. No wonder Lisk thread is getting spammed as wave puppets needs to make 50 post to get their share on bounty and a lot of those guys participated into lisk Ico so they just keep their activity here ware carrying their sig. I wish them good luck with how they push their business for me its to shady to take part!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 06:39:41 PM

bump* looking forward max. great

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
riceberry

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:05:15 PM

Sorry if this question has been asked:

Why is there 101 delegates? Wouldn't it be more decentralised with 1001 delegates for instance?

I'm running a node for a delegate on testnet right now, my proposal is at:
https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195

The chat in lisk seems to have turned into a voting fest, so I'm a little cautious to participate, although I also want to help vote people I think are valuable as delegates and get voted for too as I want to spend profits on Dapp development to help lisk.

I think it would be better to have more than just 101 delegates, since this is pretty centralized in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Have a nice day!
proto
staticinstance

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:12:41 PM

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=198&sid=3b34f7bd66b7beb85c61d966de86c053

Let me know if you have a node running and need a vote!

http://lisk.io Please vote for staticinstance as a forging delegate
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:24:18 PM

I'm not really a programmer but this does sound like what could be an incredible foray into a new area. If using Javascript wasn't enough, add to that sidechains for Dapps as a modular way of approaching things. This is going to be an interesting experiment. The proof will be in the pudding when we see how similar apps run on Ethereum vs LISK. One never knows...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:24:50 PM

How to claim my signature bountie? THANKS
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:31:21 PM

How to claim my signature bountie? THANKS

Two weeks after the launch of the MainNet (April 11) they distribute the bounties.
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: