Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 08:37:21 PM

The last few weeks have been very informative on how DPoS works under stress....I set up the rocket delegates to replace the non-performing delegates - Cryptikit and Olivier's help made this much, much easier, 48 new delegates in all....At Max's suggestion, Boris added the ability for a delegate to see which accounts voted for him to the Crypti API. This, along with the new Lisk forging rewards, opens up the possibility for delegates to do profit sharing with those who vote for him. What I have in mind is how I originally thought DPoS would operate with Bitshares and should have run with Crypti. I would like to offer to split the delegate earnings with the people who vote for my delegates based on how much they have in the Lisk accounts they vote from on a running basis and how much they dilute their votes by voting for other delegates. So this would be truly a PoS type system where stake holders receive a return on their holdings with a portion going to the delegates they choose to represent them. This will also incentivize people to hold Lisk since it can offer them a return.

Mike, you've done us all a favor, more so than most people realize...so thanks!

Did you have any gotchas with the latest version of Crypti Docker?  My node was forging great but it wouldn't display the client at Port 8040.  So I took it offline to reload it and never got it back up.  Every time I loaded my local IP address in the whitelist area of the config.json file, but when I flipped the forging switch in the Port 8040 client it would say I was coming from an unauthorized IP.  I finally gave up when I saw your massive effort come online.   I guess I'm done forging Crypti.

I did not realize we could do forging co-ops like you suggest.  As you say, this will become very popular and attract votes.  But then...how does the forger earn his server fees back if he has to give them out to those who voted for him?

DPoS is a great system philosophically and even theoretically.  But it never achieved true, actual operation at Crypti.  Lisk is going to have its own challenges with DPos when the time comes, that will be fascinating to watch.

Hey, folks, I'm MalReynolds.  When the time comes, I would appreciate your vote to become a DPoS Active Delegate of Lisk.

I'm using Cryptikit on Vultr servers, https://github.com/crypti/cryptikit . This makes it a lot easier. Once Cryptikit is installed on a server, installation is very automated on any other servers you create, using that initial Cryptikit as a console. Adding delegates after setting up nodes is also simple - just command "rake start_forging servers=2" and you enter the passphrases for the delegates you want to add to that node, one at a time at the prompts. There is also a config.yml file which can be edited with nano or offline with notepad++ but I find it more fool proof to use the prompts.

Olivier said he is adding more features to it, so I expect the Lisk version (Liskit?) to be able to do even more.

On delegates earning while paying rewards to their voters, the operator can retain a portion of the proceeds. The market will determine the rates operators can charge, along with the reputation and reliability of the delegate operator.

I have a fresh new Bitseed unit to try Lisk on as well, https://bitseed.org/ . We currently ship units with up to 2 Tb storage, looking at 3 Tb for use as distributed storage nodes, also have a lite version with no hard drive. We're looking at the distributed storage market, but waiting for the user interface to improve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoldenEye

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:41:29 PM

Is there already a timetable for a beta version of the full Lisk client (source or linux) working on testnet?

You can already install the Lisk client from source and deploy your own local testnet.

I will try it. Are there instructions to do that?

Yes.

On the GitHub page: https://github.com/LiskHQ/lisk

Thanks
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 08:42:51 PM

Yes! We only listed the most popular languages, but we will accept any language. Smiley

I told the other translators the following:

- The bounty will be paid in LISK and will be paid once our mainnet goes live (in about 7-8 weeks).
- The bounty will be a minimum equivalent of $25, but will probably be more. I can't give any exact numbers here right now, because it's still open how much we can collect in the ICO.
- From time to time we will contact you and ask you if you want to update your translation. For every turn you will receive a further "bounty stake".

Next week we will issue a blog post about different available bounties and how it's going to work. Smiley

Hey, I noticed Swedish and Finnish weren't yet added to the OP. Would this still need translations?Smiley I can take care of that if you give me a couple of days. Smiley

Do they have their own BTT sub forum?

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:47:44 PM

RT, thanks  Smiley
rezilient

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:32:34 PM

Ignore me coz im a shill:

BUY, BUY, AND BUY

You don't pay enough.
Acidx

Activity: 356

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:18:44 PM

Hey, I noticed Swedish and Finnish weren't yet added to the OP. Would this still need translations?Smiley I can take care of that if you give me a couple of days. Smiley

Do they have their own BTT sub forum?

They have the scandinavian forum here so maybe swedish would be enough there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=45.0

But on forum.bitcoin.com we have both Finnish and swedish. Let me know if you want me to work on any of them. Smiley

Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:52:53 PM

very good video in OP, really great lines, but what about the logo, is there any plan to update it with something more bussines friendly?  Wink

rezilient

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:15:25 PM

very good video in OP, really great lines, but what about the logo, is there any plan to update it with something more bussines friendly?  Wink

I could care less about the logo, i would care more about the development of the coin.

You don't pay enough.
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:36:22 AM

I could care less about the logo, i would care more about the development of the coin.

This is something that they have been thinking about. We'll see what happens. I believe there are other priorities at the moment, such as fund allocation, preparing the network for launch and making sure the ICO keeps running smoothly just to name a few.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
BlockChainr

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:05:02 AM

Right now, 1 LISK = 0.0089 USD

the value of Ethereum (1 ETH) was 0.30 USD on launch

What I don't get is how did ETH reach $3 by the time it launched on exchanges ?!  Huh
rezilient

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:11:12 AM

What I don't get is how did ETH reach $3 by the time it launched on exchanges ?!  Huh

Off-topic question, you would likely get an answer in their thread.

You don't pay enough.
BlockChainr

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:25:02 AM

Off-topic question, you would likely get an answer in their thread.

My question helps understanding the potential of Lisk.

Even OP made an infographics on Lisk vs Ether to emphasize potential of Lisk.
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:40:15 AM

Ethereum was widely marketed before the ICO even began. By the time Ether made it to an exchange, people who wanted to join the movement and weren't sure about the ICO began fearing over missing out. It's purely psychological at that point, it happens in many of the ICO's.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:43:37 AM

MILESTONE REACHED:

LISK IS NOW A  $1,000,000 USD MARKET CAP COIN

WITH $600K IN CASH-ON-HAND FOR DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS.

Thats great to hear! And there still is a good while for the ICO to take its course

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
kidyubyub

Activity: 440

http://taas.fund

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:30:15 AM

You need to combine this figure with the fact that this pathetic Nodejs shamble never ever will be used by any body in the real world, outside of this toxic scam driven Bitcointalk microcosmos (as I am sure you are aware of even Bitcoin and Ethereum are having a really hard time with real world adoption).

Do you know why the Cripty clowns weren't able to get one single real world business customer nor to implement one single commercial use case in the last 18 months? Because there is simply no monetization route for these kind of applications. The only monetization route is to sell this nonsense to the noobs, naives and idiots. No businesses nor any real world solution providers are interested in this proposition. That's why Crypti ran out money, so these two wankers could step in by collecting money again from these idiots while the process is pushed by the army of sockpuppets and shills.

The even a bigger wanker in this process is that German lawyer who assists to this scam. I think it is time to contact the German law enforcement and let them know about this blatant fraud. The money collector wankers call this blatant scam "donation". That's how primitive they are to believe that the naming will change the nature of their fraud. What kind of lawyer in his right mind gives his name to such obvious scam?

Turd, is that you? I thought I flushed you hours ago, but here you are, posting your stink in the bitcoin forums.

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
bitseedmike

Activity: 432

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:44:43 AM

List of Ethereum Dapps and their status, http://dapps.ethercasts.com/ . 157 projects total, though a few show abandoned status, many more are concept with varying update periods up to over a year. About half appear to be active with demos or live with GNU or MIT license repositories. Also a number of stealth projects.

BlockChainr

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:05:59 AM

List of Ethereum Dapps and their status, http://dapps.ethercasts.com/ . 157 projects total, though a few show abandoned status, many more are concept with varying update periods up to over a year. About half appear to be active with demos or live with GNU or MIT license repositories. Also a number of stealth projects.

What's your point of sharing this info ?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:09:28 AM

I think it's showing that DAPPS are the future and a JavaScript based language will attract even more developers.
SEABOND

Activity: 128

http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:26:52 AM

You need to combine this figure with the fact that this pathetic Nodejs shamble never ever will be used by any body in the real world, outside of this toxic scam driven Bitcointalk microcosmos (as I am sure you are aware of even Bitcoin and Ethereum are having a really hard time with real world adoption).

Do you know why the Cripty clowns weren't able to get one single real world business customer nor to implement one single commercial use case in the last 18 months? Because there is simply no monetization route for these kind of applications. The only monetization route is to sell this nonsense to the noobs, naives and idiots. No businesses nor any real world solution providers are interested in this proposition. That's why Crypti ran out money, so these two wankers could step in by collecting money again from these idiots while the process is pushed by the army of sockpuppets and shills.

The even a bigger wanker in this process is that German lawyer who assists to this scam. I think it is time to contact the German law enforcement and let them know about this blatant fraud. The money collector wankers call this blatant scam "donation". That's how primitive they are to believe that the naming will change the nature of their fraud. What kind of lawyer in his right mind gives his name to such obvious scam?

Turd, is that you? I thought I flushed you hours ago, but here you are, posting your stink in the bitcoin forums.

Interesting, I like the open discussions and this should be totally allowed. (sigh)......

the video is interesting too, a fiverr.com JOB most likely and they usually costs about 100Bucks. not bad for an ICO that has raised close to 2,000 BTC.
see here: http://tinyurl.com/zrcz92n

What is interesting again is that I'm totes SOLD but do not yet have some real world examples as to how this could be used in the real world to make blockchain tech better??

ideas / thoughts / inspirations anyone?

HASH2COINS The Best ASIC Friendly Scrypt Multipool, 0% FEE. Mine now @ http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93
BlockChainr

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:33:13 AM

I think it's showing that DAPPS are the future and a JavaScript based language will attract even more developers.

Actually 157 Dapps in 2 years... is not really promising.

Do you think Lisk can really do better than that with JavaScript?
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: