Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:29:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073046 times)
MalReynolds2

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:44:47 PM

I'm  on my phone so can't do the quotes.  But I urge you to think twice about posting an ETH number right beside a double-counting BTC number that also contains it - and if it DOESN'T contain it, then you are not displaying all of the various ETH/BTC conversion factors that will come into play over the month of the ICO.

Plus, I note that how many ETH that get displayed says nothing about the "number of people" who have converted ETH for Lisk.

Comparisons between Lisk and ETH are extremely relevant on a technical level and totally irrelevant on an ICO level.  On an ICO level, only 5 numbers matter - the XCR number and the four BTC bonus numbers.  I urge you to display these 5 relevant numbers on lisk.io and not an irrelevant ETH one.

fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:44:54 PM

Where and how do I purchase LISK on the 22nd of February?

Please keep it simple so I can easily relay this information to individuals that are financial experts in investments but in cryptocurrency.

Thanks in advance.  
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 01:45:04 PM

I've followed on twitter, subscribed to the newsletter and liked the FB page.
Cool project, interested to see how this progresses.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 01:52:53 PM

I'm  on my phone so can't do the quotes.  But I urge you to think twice about posting an ETH number right beside a double-counting BTC number that also contains it - and if it DOESN'T contain it, then you are not displaying all of the various ETH/BTC conversion factors that will come into play over the month of the ICO.

Plus, I note that how many ETH that get displayed says nothing about the "number of people" who have converted ETH for Lisk.

Comparisons between Lisk and ETH are extremely relevant on a technical level and totally irrelevant on an ICO level.  On an ICO level, only 5 numbers matter - the XCR number and the four BTC bonus numbers.  I urge you to display these 5 relevant numbers on lisk.io and not an irrelevant ETH one.

You are correct. Our thoughts were artefacts of the system we wanted to do before we got into a partnership with ShapeShift. Now that we are using ShapeShift we will adapt to your idea. However to keep it simple, we will simply show BTC and XCR. Smiley

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Please keep it simple so I can easily relay this information to individuals that are financial experts in investments but in cryptocurrency.

Thanks in advance.  

You will be able to purchase LISK on a special site we setup. It will be very easy, we promise! Smiley

Please keep your eyes open on our blog this evening (in about 8 hours). We will post many more information there.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:55:15 PM

You are correct. Our thoughts were artefacts of the system we wanted to do before we got into a partnership with ShapeShift. Now that we are using ShapeShift we will adapt to your idea. However to keep it simple, we will simply show BTC and XCR. Smiley

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.  

You will be able to purchase LISK on a special site we setup. It will be very easy, we promise! Smiley

Please keep your eyes open on our blog this evening (in about 8 hours). We will post many more information there.

Thanks! You have always been very helpful!
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:48:23 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 03:10:21 PM by MalReynolds2

..to keep it simple, we will simply show BTC and XCR. Smiley  

I can live with that.  Partnering with Shapeshift to handle ETH contributions (and contributions in other coins as well) was a masterstroke.  Let's light this candle!

BlackShibe1

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:05:36 PM

Signature added
Dont forget me !

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
merkalor

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:08:41 PM

Add signature

When can i receive the bounty and how?

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 03:09:04 PM

Add signature

When can i receive the bounty and how?

End of March. I will contact you here on Bitcointalk.

ZonedOutSpace

Activity: 280

From Russia with love

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:21:10 PM

Signature set looking forward to see how this plays out!
Also liked on fb and followed on twitter
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:33:21 PM

Signature added. Will be converting all my XCR.

mike77777

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:54:45 PM

Am I right that Crypti gathered 700-800 BTC in ICO? How much do you think Lisk will gather?
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:11:59 PM

Am I right that Crypti gathered 700-800 BTC in ICO? How much do you think Lisk will gather?

No one knows. Have to wait for ICO. Smiley

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:32:03 PM

No one knows. Have to wait for ICO. Smiley

Hes talking about crypti ICO long ago, i missed that one but i know there are 100 mill coins total and can be converted with a ratio of 1300 Satoshi , so thats around 1300 btc max that can be converted atm.
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:40:31 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 08:16:59 PM by MalReynolds2

We collect the crypto-currencies and distribute a fixed 85,000,000 LISK at the end. That means depending on how much BTC we collect, the price of 1 LISK can be calculated only at the end of the ICO with:

(BTC sum) / 100,000,000 LISK = Price of 1 LISK in BTC (some may argue we have to use 85,000,000 here).

Edit:

Changed "BTC collected" to "BTC sum", to reflect that it's not the absolute number, but rather the one including bonuses and XCR.

BTC sum: consists of 1300 satoshi per XCR, the total amount collected in BTC and the different bonuses.

100M is indeed the number to use, not 85M.  Let's discuss "how to correctly value Lisk" further and get everything out in the open before the ICO starts.

At the end of the ICO, the value of Lisk is going to consist of five very real components:

1. CORE DEV TEAM - The value of Max and Olivier being a dedicated Lisk core team putting in very significant manhours before / during / after the ICO that are making obvious visible (Max) and invisible (Olivier) progress on Lisk development.  Also included in this category is the participation of Boris Povod (the original key developer of Lisk's precursor Crypti code) as a confirmed Lisk consultant and other new developers yet to come.

2. 101 DPoS FORGERS - The value of 101 individuals who will run the Lisk Delegate software version on cloud servers like Vultr and Digital Ocean, to secure and propagate the Lisk blockchain after the ICO.   These people will pay roughly $5 per month out of their own pockets and give a few hours of their time per month to run a Lisk node, running in a cooperative and not competitive manner with all other 100 Lisk nodes.

3. CODE BASE - The value of the open source Crypti / Lisk 0.5.5 code base platform that existed before the ICO started.

4. DONATED CASH - The value of the actual BTC gathered during the ICO, which represents a pool of funds to pay for continuing coding and development work after the ICO.

5. GOODWILL - The value of a new community of people who believe in the future of Lisk after the ICO.   Lisk is not a coin as much as a sidechain / distributed application (dapp) ecosystem, most closely comparable to Ethereum.  

Lisk earns its goodwill by offering several advantages over Ethereum:

a. 100,000+ programmers fluent in the stable, easy JavaScript used by Lisk to write dapps, instead of a handful of programmers fluent in buggy, obscure Solidity used by Ethereum
b. Cheap $35 Raspberry Pi 2 or $9 CHIP microcomputers (see http://getchip.com/) to run many, many sidechains in Lisk, instead of expensive, max-memory GPUs required to run the bloated single main blockchain in Ethereum
d. Allowing users to set up their own worldwide sidechain node networks using many / few Pi2s or CHIPs in Lisk, instead of continuously paying "gas" fees to miners running their dapp on the main blockchain of Ethereum
c. Cooperative, efficient (101 member max) node networks for each side chain in Lisk, instead of competitive, highly inefficient ever-growing mobs of wasteful hash-generating main blockchain miners in Ethereum

How do these five components of Lisk get paid for during the ICO?

1. CORE DEV TEAM gets paid with 15M Lisk for their ongoing manhours being expended - 8M for CEO/CTO/new hires; 4M for future bounties; 2M for consultants and 1M for early supporters

2. DPoS FORGERS get paid with 150K (inflationary) Lisk each per year, 5 Lisk at a time per block forged every 17 minutes, for their time and $60/year server fees.

3. CODE BASE gets paid with that portion of 85M Lisk handed out to XCR holders at the fixed market rate of 1300 Satoshi per XCR.

4. DONATED CASH gets paid with that portion of 85M Lisk handed out to BTC and Shapeshift donors.

5. GOODWILL gets paid with that portion of 85M Lisk handed out as 15% / 10% / 5% early-participation bonuses.  The people that believe in a,b,c,d above will donate early, and they will be rewarded for that faith by getting extra Lisk.

Lisk is a far superior coin launch than most cryptocoins.  Lisk is starting with the functioning code base and experienced personnel from the two-year Crypti effort, adding in a solid new Bitcoin donor base for continued development funding, and topping it all off with an enthusiastic community that recognizes the potential for taking the main ideas behind Ethereum and delivering on those ideas in better way.

Lisk has a very bright future indeed.  As Alan Shepard said just before lift-off of the first American manned space mission, "Let's light this candle!"

s0nix

Activity: 784
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:55:36 PM

Hello Lisk

My question: How can I mine this coin? Sorry, I'm not familiar whit Crypti, sorry  Roll Eyes

Thanks

Hello s0nix,

Lisk is a Delegated Proof of Stake crypto-currency. That means you can't mine. You will have to register a delegate account and get enough votes to become a top 101 delegate.

Then you can activate forging and will earn 5 LISK per forged blocks (about every 17 minutes) + the network fees.

Read more here: https://blog.crypti.me/introduction-to-dpos/

During the ICO we will work on a complete Delegate Handbook, which covers all topics you need to know. Wink

Hello LiskHQ,
thanks for your answer.

This is a very interesting system.

If I have understood correctly, to register for a delegated account or simple to send Lisk I can use all clients.
But to become a delegate and forging blocks, I have to install and use the full client... is that correct?

Thanks

LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 05:31:32 PM

Hello Lisk

My question: How can I mine this coin? Sorry, I'm not familiar whit Crypti, sorry  Roll Eyes

Thanks

Hello s0nix,

Lisk is a Delegated Proof of Stake crypto-currency. That means you can't mine. You will have to register a delegate account and get enough votes to become a top 101 delegate.

Then you can activate forging and will earn 5 LISK per forged blocks (about every 17 minutes) + the network fees.

Read more here: https://blog.crypti.me/introduction-to-dpos/

During the ICO we will work on a complete Delegate Handbook, which covers all topics you need to know. Wink

Hello LiskHQ,
thanks for your answer.

This is a very interesting system.

If I have understood correctly, to register for a delegated account or simple to send Lisk I can use all clients.
But to become a delegate and forging blocks, I have to install and use the full client... is that correct?

Thanks

Yes. Smiley

__

Everyone, the white paper will be updated next week so we can fully concentrate on the ICO this weekend.

atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:41:53 PM

Signature added.Good job.Good luck.

NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 06:03:49 PM

We collect the crypto-currencies and distribute a fixed 85,000,000 LISK at the end. That means depending on how much BTC we collect, the price of 1 LISK can be calculated only at the end of the ICO with:

(BTC sum) / 100,000,000 LISK = Price of 1 LISK in BTC (some may argue we have to use 85,000,000 here).

Edit:

Changed "BTC collected" to "BTC sum", to reflect that it's not the absolute number, but rather the one including bonuses and XCR.

BTC sum: consists of 1300 satoshi per XCR, the total amount collected in BTC and the different bonuses.

100M is indeed the number to use, not 85M.  Let's discuss "how to correctly value Lisk" further and get everything out in the open before the ICO starts.

At the end of the ICO, the value of Lisk is going to consist of five very real components:

1. CORE DEV TEAM - The value of Max and Olivier being a dedicated Lisk core team putting in very significant manhours before / during / after the ICO that are making obvious visible (Max) and invisible (Olivier) progress on Lisk development.  Also included in this category is the participation of Boris Povod (the original key developer of Lisk's precursor Crypti code) as a confirmed Lisk consultant and other new developers yet to come.

2. 101 DPoS FORGERS - The value of 101 individuals who will run the Lisk Delegate software version on cloud servers like Vultr and Digital Ocean, to secure and propagate the Lisk blockchain after the ICO.   These people will pay roughly $5 per month out of their own pockets and give a few hours of their time per month to run a Lisk node, running in a cooperative and not competitive manner with all other 100 Lisk nodes.

3. CODE BASE - The value of the open source Crypti / Lisk 0.5.5 code base platform that existed before the ICO started.

4. DONATED CASH - The value of the actual BTC gathered during the ICO, which represents a pool of funds to pay for continuing coding and development work after the ICO.

5. GOODWILL - The value of a new community of people who believe in the future of Lisk after the ICO.   Lisk is not a coin as much as a sidechain / distributed application (dapp) ecosystem, most closely comparable to Ethereum.  

Lisk earns its goodwill by offering several advantages over Ethereum:

a. 100,000+ programmers fluent in the stable, easy JavaScript used by Lisk to write dapps, instead of a handful of programmers fluent in buggy, obscure Solidity used by Ethereum
b. Cheap $35 Raspberry Pi 2 or $9 CHIP microcomputers (see http://getchip.com/) to run many, many sidechains in Lisk, instead of expensive, max-memory GPUs required to run the bloated single main blockchain in Ethereum
d. Allowing users to set up their own worldwide sidechain node networks using many / few Pi2s or CHIPs in Lisk, instead of continuously paying "gas" fees to miners running a dapp on the main blockchain of Ethereum
c. Cooperative, efficient (101 member max) node networks for each side chain in Lisk, instead of competitive, highly inefficient ever-growing mobs of wasteful hash-generating main blockchain miners in Ethereum

How do these five components of Lisk get paid for during the ICO?

1. CORE DEV TEAM gets paid with 15M Lisk for their ongoing manhours being expended - 8M for CEO/CTO/new hires; 4M for future bounties; 2M for consultants and 1M for early supporters

2. DPoS FORGERS each get paid with 150K (inflationary) Lisk per year, 5 Lisk at a time per block forged every 17 minutes, for their time and $60/year server fees.

3. CODE BASE gets paid with that portion of 85M Lisk handed out to XCR holders at the fixed market rate of 1300 Satoshi per XCR.

4. DONATED CASH gets paid for with that portion of 85M Lisk handed out to BTC and Shapeshift donors.

5. GOODWILL gets paid for with that portion of 85M Lisk handed out as 15% / 10% / 5% early-participation bonuses.  The people that believe in a,b,c,d above will donate early, and they will be rewarded for that faith by getting extra Lisk.

Lisk is a far superior coin launch than most cryptocoins.  Lisk is starting with the functioning code base and experience from the two-year Crypti effort, adding in a solid new Bitcoin donor base for continued development funding, and topping it all off with an enthusiastic community that recognizes the potential for taking the main ideas behind Ethereum and delivering on those ideas in better way.

Lisk has a very bright future indeed.  As Alan Shepard said just before lift-off of the first American manned space mission, "Let's light this candle!"

What is the significance of 101 DPos forgers?  Can there be more/less?  101 max?

kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:04:44 PM

how do i earn from facebook likes n twitter follows,or is it already over now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: