Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 11:03:12 PM

Axel Hellinger joins Lisk as Legal Adviser

Starting a crypto-currency and decentralized startup, requires serious legal assistance, in order to operate on a legitimate basis. Axel Hellinger, a lawyer with 10 years of practice, who owns a well established firm Kanzlei Hellinger, will help Lisk to create a strong legal foundation, upon which to base our operations.

Read the whole announcement on our blog

You can also find him here on Bitcointalk, his username is iudica. We already have updated our team page.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocrypt

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:47:28 AM

Signature added
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:07:38 AM

Axel Hellinger joins Lisk as Legal Adviser

Starting a crypto-currency and decentralized startup, requires serious legal assistance, in order to operate on a legitimate basis. Axel Hellinger, a lawyer with 10 years of practice, who owns a well established firm Kanzlei Hellinger, will help Lisk to create a strong legal foundation, upon which to base our operations.

Read the whole announcement on our blog

You can also find him here on Bitcointalk, his username is iudica. We already have updated our team page.

That puts Lisk on the same level as ethereum which also has a legal adviser. Dodgy IPOs don't have legal advisers or devs with known identities. The Lisk IPO is professionally managed with full transparency by a team with professional qualifications and known identities.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:13:50 AM

Crowdsale starts soon? I have XCR. Is it too late to trade for LISK?

bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:26:30 AM

No, XCR to Lisk exchange hasn't started yet. The conversion may be done any time during the ICO. It is advisable to allow plenty of time to withdraw it from any exchanges, the sooner, the better.

Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:40:53 AM

Alright great! I can feel the hype already. ICO starts real soon.
tazmantasik

Activity: 1112
Merit: 507

Don't Get Involved

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:14:24 AM

Signature added

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:25:25 AM

Hi fartbags

All you have to know about the ICO, you can find in the section Lisk ICO Terms - Part I and Lisk ICO Terms - Part II .

Poly#Crypto

LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 09:34:37 AM

Hi fartbags

All you have to know about the ICO, you can find in the section Lisk ICO Terms - Part I and Lisk ICO Terms - Part II .

Poly#Crypto

Additionally we will publish a third blog post today. We didn't have the chance to yesterday. Smiley

If you have problems with the counter on our website, use this one:

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:12:20 AM

Hey LiskHQ,

If you need translation in Spanish/French, feel free to ask Grin.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 10:14:16 AM

Hey LiskHQ,

If you need translation in Spanish/French, feel free to ask Grin.

All done for now. Sorry. Maybe in the future. Smiley

morris826

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:44:02 AM

Alright great! I can feel the hype already. ICO starts real soon.

The altcoin section will be buzzing with lisk threads after the ICO starts. The hype's not started yet, wait until after the ICO when there's nothing but lisk threads in the altcoin section.
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:54:27 AM

Hey no problem. From your FAQ page on delegates:

The Lisk network is both decentralized and trustless. That means no single entity is in direct control. The network is secured by 101 democratically elected delegates. Whose primary responsibility is to confirm and broadcast the validity of transactions. All Lisk accounts on the network are eligible to vote for delegates registered on the Lisk blockchain. The 101 delegates with the most votes are elected with the responsibility of confirming the validity of transactions broadcast on the network. They also receive 100% of all fees collected by the network and all forging rewards.

With this said you can't mine but you can stake. Staking is done only by the 101 delegates? Again, I'm showing my ignorance here.

Yes, only the top 101 delegates are actively forging and receiving the rewards.

Advantages of DPOS vs. POW:

- Much less electricity usage
- Blockchain can be secured by small devices as well, like a Raspberry Pi
- Because it's not competitive (mining) the network can perform faster -> 10 second block time
- There is no difference between a "full node" and a "forger". Makes the whole network simpler, simple is always good. Smiley
- BitShares founder also said once that 101 dedicated nodes from 101 persons is far more decentralized than Bitcoin with its 15 mining pools.

Disadvantages of DPOS vs. POW:

- People need to become active to vote for the delegates. Often only 20-50% does that of the whole network. (For this case we implemented Forging Rewards, so that all want to become a delegate. We will see if this helps in this case)

I honestly don't know another disadvantage. Anyone has more ideas?

I Heard that You gonna sell the Eth You get immediatly In the market, is It correct?

Please see MalReynolds answer. We will accept ETH through ShapeShift, which will directly be converted by them. We will never own ETH for one second.

the testnet coin will be destroyed after launch?

Yes, all testnet coins will be destroyed several times during the next few weeks. I.e. we will reset the testnet several times.

Signature added.
What I was wondering, from the Lisk.io website it shows you can exchange your Crypti for Lisk but what will be the exchange rate?
And if you can exchange them, why is volume still so low on PoloniEx?

Exchange rate will be 1300 satoshi. Crypti participants won't receive the 15% bonus, therefore there is no advantage to buy them now.

POW is for the security and for building trust . there can NEVER be too much security, regarding money, as everyone will just take it, if he can.

If you cant have mining power like BTC you should consider alternatives like DPOS.

There is nothing better as POW, if security is the most important argument, and it should be, if you deal with money you cant make compromises.

The second most important thing is distribution of coins. Definitly POW wins.

Your DPOS advantages are like bibabo bullshit arguments, saying you dont know what you dealing with.

MalReynolds2

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:44:14 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 10:06:46 AM by MalReynolds2

POW is for the security and for building trust. there can NEVER be too much security, regarding money, as everyone will just take it, if he can. If you cant have mining power like BTC you should consider alternatives like DPOS. There is nothing better as POW, if security is the most important argument, and it should be, if you deal with money you cant make compromises.The second most important thing is distribution of coins. Definitly POW wins. Your DPOS advantages are like bibabo bullshit arguments, saying you dont know what you dealing with.

You are wrong.

Proof of Work (PoW) is not primarily about security at all.  Saying so is just a distraction from PoW's dark side.  PoW is really about running a lottery so miners can compete to enrich themselves with new coins, and then go spend those coins to "inflate" the PoW economy.  Any single one of the literally thousand million billion hashes done by Bitcoin PoW miners every ten minutes could "secure" the Bitcoin blockchain.  Let me repeat that: from a "secure the blockchain" standpoint, ANY individual PoW hash will do.  Instead, miners are competing among themselves to find a "special" hash with a certain number of leading zeros in the front.  Such zeros are nothing more than a "lucky ticket" that selects a "winner" who gets 25 Bitcoins / $ 10,000 at current prices.  This whole setup is no different than a bunch of guys throwing dice in a back alley - with mining rigs being the dice and the internet being the back alley.  

Most Bitcoiners have no idea how insanely wasteful or unsustainable PoW is.  It literally takes the electricity equivalent of a small nuclear powerplant to run all the tens of thousands of miners spread out of sight around the world.  That's not only totally unnecessary, it's nuts.  And it has led to an "ASIC arms race" of ever-better hardware showing unsustainable exponential growth.  See:

https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address

All of the above is true for Ethereum as well.  Ethereum tries to avoid the "computationally-expensive" ASIC-arms-race death spiral Bitcoin is in by instead using the "memory-expensive" Dagger hashing algorithm that runs better on graphics processing units (GPUs - "video cards") instead of ASIC mining rigs.  However, the same insane death-spiral that is currently gripping Bitcoin lies ahead in Ethereum's future as well.

Lisk, based on the Proof of Stake (PoS) coin Crypti, has a blockchain that mathematically and cryptographically is just as secure as a PoW one like Bitcoin or Etherium.   The only difference is that the first (and ONLY) security "hash" generated in a Lisk blocktime is accepted as the one which will be used for the next block, regardless of what digits it starts off with.  This means Lisk has no need to generate an additional thousand million billion more hashes looking for an irrelevant string of zeros during a blocktime.  

Lisk can thus use the cheapest possible computers ($35 Raspberry Pi or $9 CHIP like at http://getchip.com) instead of Bitcoin mining rigs or Ethereum GPUs costing thousands of dollars.   Lisk can thus also have faster blocktimes - 10 seconds instead of Bitcoin's 10 minutes.  And this system allows Lisk DPoS Delegates to cooperate instead of compete like Bitcoin and Ethereum miners.  Such cooperation means there is no need for an ever larger army of miners with their unsustainable growth curve depicted above.   A fixed number of 101 Delegates is all Lisk needs to operate and secure its blockchain, and they only generate a block when it is their turn.  That happens once every 17  minutes, like clockwork.  

Bitcoin and Etherium are based on flawed economies of scale.   They will eventually fail.  They will seduce many people for a long time with the promise of riches, but they will still eventually fail.

I stand with Lisk.  Join me!
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 01:57:51 PM

Lisk ICO Terms - Part III

This represents the final blog post in which our ICO terms are further explained. Later today we will publish a combined blog post with all details of the three parts.

• Special reward for day 1 participants
  • All Money is held in Escrow
  • Where can I participate?

The website pages "ICO" and "Team" were also updated to reflect the latest changes. On the frontpage you will be able to see the number of BTC/XCR exchanged, and the number of participants.

Get all the necessary information in the blog post!

Simple858

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:10:37 PM

Hi LiskHQ

I will make a Slovenian translation and after it also Croatian translation.... to get also this side of Europe into Lisk

Is this OK!?

LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:12:54 PM

Hi LiskHQ

I will make a Slovenian translation and after it also Croatian translation.... to get also this side of Europe into Lisk

Is this OK!?

Yes, this is OK. Do you speak both languages fluently? Please start the translation tomorrow, because today I will add many more information about the ICO to the OP.

fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:13:25 PM

[/quote]

POW is for the security and for building trust. there can NEVER be too much security, regarding money, as everyone will just take it, if he can. If you cant have mining power like BTC you should consider alternatives like DPOS. There is nothing better as POW, if security is the most important argument, and it should be, if you deal with money you cant make compromises.The second most important thing is distribution of coins. Definitly POW wins. Your DPOS advantages are like bibabo bullshit arguments, saying you dont know what you dealing with.

You are wrong.

Proof of Work (PoW) is not about security at all.  It is about running a lottery so miners can compete to enrich themselves with new coins, and then go spend those coins to "inflate" the PoW economy.  Any single one of the literally thousand million billion hashes done by Bitcoin PoW miners every ten minutes could "secure" the Bitcoin blockchain.  Let me repeat that: from a "secure the blockchain" standpoint, ANY individual PoW hash will do.  Instead, miners are competing among themselves to find a "special" hash with a certain number of leading zeros in the front.  Such zeros are nothing more than a "lucky ticket" that selects a "winner" who gets 25 Bitcoins / $ 10,000 at current prices.  This whole setup is no different than a bunch of guys throwing dice in a back alley - with mining rigs being the dice and the internet being the back alley. 

Most Bitcoiners have no idea how insanely wasteful or unsustainable PoW is.  It literally takes the electricity equivalent of a small nuclear powerplant to run all the tens of thousands of miners spread out of site around the world.  That's not only totally unnecessary, it's nuts.  And it has led to an "ASIC arms race" showing unsustainable exponential growth.  See:

https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address

All of the above is true for Ethereum as well.  Ethereum tries to avoid the "computationally-expensive" ASIC-arms-race death spiral Bitcoin is in by instead using the "memory-expensive" Dagger hashing algorithm that runs better on graphics processing units (GPUs - "video cards") instead of ASIC mining rigs.  However, the same insane death-spiral that is currently gripping Bitcoin lies ahead in Ethereum's future as well.

Lisk, based on the Proof of Stake (PoS) coin Crypti, has a blockchain that mathematically and cryptographically is just as secure as a PoW one like Bitcoin or Etherium.  The only difference is that the first (and ONLY) security "hash" generated in a Lisk blocktime is accepted as the one which will be used for the next block, regardless of what digits it starts off with.  This means Lisk has no need to generate an additional thousand million billion more hashes looking for an irrelevant string of zeros during a blocktime. 

Lisk can thus use the cheapest possible computers ($35 Raspberry Pi or $9 CHIP like at http://getchip.com) instead of mining rigs costing thousands of dollars.   Lisk can thus also have faster blocktimes - 10 seconds instead of Bitcoin's 10 minutes.  And this system allows Lisk DPoS Delegates to cooperate instead of compete like Bitcoin miners.  Such cooperation means there is no need for an ever larger army of miners with their unsustainable growth curve depicted above.   A fixed number of 101 Delegates is all Lisk needs to operate its blockchain, and they only generate a block when it is their turn.  That happens once every 17  minutes, like clockwork. 

Bitcoin and Etherium are based on flawed economies of scale.   They will eventually fail.  They will seduce many people for a long time with the promise of riches, but they will still eventually fail.

I stand with Lisk.
Thanks for your post MalReynolds2!!!

Very interesting!!!  I believe PoS is superior to PoW in the long run.

That is why I support LISK and SUPERCOIN!

PoS is truly decentralized.  Ethereum and Bitcoin have been wonderful achievements in the tech world!  The issue is longevity!

The face that all you need to know is Java will help tremendously which may lead to LISK one day becoming a 100 Billion US dollar market value!!!

Supercoin is more anonymous than Darkcoin and if you disagree then take a look at the whitepaper on the bitcointalk forum and/or the forum to view the github code to prove me wrong.

SUPERCOIN FORUM ----> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351548.0

Download Supercoin Whitepaper here -----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bofuj6v1g00kirl/SuperSend_Trustless.pdf?dl=0

You don't have to download the whitepaper to view it.

Jerry S

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:15:52 PM

signature added wil pm too
Simple858

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:17:03 PM

Hi LiskHQ

Is this OK!?

Yes, this is OK. Do you speak both languages fluently? Please start the translation tomorrow, because today I will add many more information about the ICO to the OP.

OK.. I'll wait till tomorrow. And yes I speak both of them  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: