Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:41:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073149 times)
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:17:16 PM

Being that XCR users get 0 bonus means that I will wait until something close to the last few hours (or days) to invest - makes most sense as it allows me to gather more information regarding how badly my stake will be diluted. Game Theory and all that jazz.
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:21:52 PM

Being that XCR users get 0 bonus means that I will wait until something close to the last few hours (or days) to invest - makes most sense as it allows me to gather more information regarding how badly my stake will be diluted. Game Theory and all that jazz.

Yes. You can.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
MalReynolds2

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:24:45 PM

Share dilution doesn't matter in this ICO.  It took me a long time to realize this.  Dilution only happens when more people show up with more money that only makes Lisk more valuable.  BTC or XCR, doesn't matter.  Inflow of either  increases the price of the fewer Lisk you now hold.  Your donation still has the same overall value as when you made it.  There is no reason to wait.  If you are going to donate to Lisk, just do it!
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:31:38 PM

Share dilution doesn't matter in this ICO.  It took me a long time to realize this.  Dilution only happens when more people show up with more money.  This increases the price of the fewer Lisk you now hold.  Your donation still has the same overall value as when you made it.  There is no reason to wait.  If you are going to donate to Lisk, just do it!

maybe i am bit sarcastic: no lose game for so called "genius" devs?

they are not satoshi, they are not vitalik, but playing the same game.

how can we be sure we are not going to be screwed like XCR once did.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:35:02 PM

POW is for the security and for building trust. there can NEVER be too much security, regarding money, as everyone will just take it, if he can. If you cant have mining power like BTC you should consider alternatives like DPOS. There is nothing better as POW, if security is the most important argument, and it should be, if you deal with money you cant make compromises.The second most important thing is distribution of coins. Definitly POW wins. Your DPOS advantages are like bibabo bullshit arguments, saying you dont know what you dealing with.

You are wrong.

Proof of Work (PoW) is not about security at all.  It is about running a lottery so miners can compete to enrich themselves with new coins, and then go spend those coins to "inflate" the PoW economy.  Any single one of the literally thousand million billion hashes done by Bitcoin PoW miners every ten minutes could "secure" the Bitcoin blockchain.  Let me repeat that: from a "secure the blockchain" standpoint, ANY individual PoW hash will do.  Instead, miners are competing among themselves to find a "special" hash with a certain number of leading zeros in the front.  Such zeros are nothing more than a "lucky ticket" that selects a "winner" who gets 25 Bitcoins / $ 10,000 at current prices.  This whole setup is no different than a bunch of guys throwing dice in a back alley - with mining rigs being the dice and the internet being the back alley. 

Most Bitcoiners have no idea how insanely wasteful or unsustainable PoW is.  It literally takes the electricity equivalent of a small nuclear powerplant to run all the tens of thousands of miners spread out of site around the world.  That's not only totally unnecessary, it's nuts.  And it has led to an "ASIC arms race" showing unsustainable exponential growth.  See:

https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address

All of the above is true for Ethereum as well.  Ethereum tries to avoid the "computationally-expensive" ASIC-arms-race death spiral Bitcoin is in by instead using the "memory-expensive" Dagger hashing algorithm that runs better on graphics processing units (GPUs - "video cards") instead of ASIC mining rigs.  However, the same insane death-spiral that is currently gripping Bitcoin lies ahead in Ethereum's future as well.

Lisk, based on the Proof of Stake (PoS) coin Crypti, has a blockchain that mathematically and cryptographically is just as secure as a PoW one like Bitcoin or Etherium.  The only difference is that the first (and ONLY) security "hash" generated in a Lisk blocktime is accepted as the one which will be used for the next block, regardless of what digits it starts off with.  This means Lisk has no need to generate an additional thousand million billion more hashes looking for an irrelevant string of zeros during a blocktime. 

Lisk can thus use the cheapest possible computers ($35 Raspberry Pi or $9 CHIP like at http://getchip.com) instead of mining rigs costing thousands of dollars.   Lisk can thus also have faster blocktimes - 10 seconds instead of Bitcoin's 10 minutes.  And this system allows Lisk DPoS Delegates to cooperate instead of compete like Bitcoin miners.  Such cooperation means there is no need for an ever larger army of miners with their unsustainable growth curve depicted above.   A fixed number of 101 Delegates is all Lisk needs to operate its blockchain, and they only generate a block when it is their turn.  That happens once every 17  minutes, like clockwork. 

Bitcoin and Etherium are based on flawed economies of scale.   They will eventually fail.  They will seduce many people for a long time with the promise of riches, but they will still eventually fail.

I stand with Lisk.
Thanks for your post MalReynolds2!!!

Very interesting!!!  I believe PoS is superior to PoW in the long run.

That is why I support LISK and SUPERCOIN!

PoS is truly decentralized.  Ethereum and Bitcoin have been wonderful achievements in the tech world!  The issue is longevity!

The face that all you need to know is Java will help tremendously which may lead to LISK one day becoming a 100 Billion US dollar market value!!!

Supercoin is more anonymous than Darkcoin and if you disagree then take a look at the whitepaper on the bitcointalk forum and/or the forum to view the github code to prove me wrong.

SUPERCOIN FORUM ----> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351548.0

Download Supercoin Whitepaper here -----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bofuj6v1g00kirl/SuperSend_Trustless.pdf?dl=0

You don't have to download the whitepaper to view it.

[/quote]

Maybe stop spamming your pointless reboot.

FOR RENT.
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:41:14 PM

how can we be sure we are not going to be screwed like XCR once did.

Because the "genius devs of Lisk" only win if Lisk is a success.  And Lisk will only be a success if it avoids the management problems that befell Crypti XCR.  Since Lisk is effectively a palace coup against weak Crypti management, it's a good bet these Lisk devs aren't going to make those same mistakes again.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:41:26 PM

Then I will wait on account of the opposite problem... that NO ONE shows up and that LISK is worth less than my XCR  Tongue

Ok, that should not be a problem either, as they are offering REFUNDS.

Share dilution doesn't matter in this ICO.  It took me a long time to realize this.  Dilution only happens when more people show up with more money that only makes Lisk more valuable.  BTC or XCR, doesn't matter.  Inflow of either  increases the price of the fewer Lisk you now hold.  Your donation still has the same overall value as when you made it.  There is no reason to wait.  If you are going to donate to Lisk, just do it!
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:17:10 PM

Lisk ICO Terms - Part III

This represents the final blog post in which our ICO terms are further explained. Later today we will publish a combined blog post with all details of the three parts.

• Special reward for day 1 participants
  • All Money is held in Escrow
  • Where can I participate?

The website pages "ICO" and "Team" were also updated to reflect the latest changes. On the frontpage you will be able to see the number of BTC/XCR exchanged, and the number of participants.

Get all the necessary information in the blog post!

Great job on escrow - that is indeed the tricky part, and you have handled it very well.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 03:19:32 PM

Lisk ICO Terms - Part III

This represents the final blog post in which our ICO terms are further explained. Later today we will publish a combined blog post with all details of the three parts.

• Special reward for day 1 participants
  • All Money is held in Escrow
  • Where can I participate?

The website pages "ICO" and "Team" were also updated to reflect the latest changes. On the frontpage you will be able to see the number of BTC/XCR exchanged, and the number of participants.

Get all the necessary information in the blog post!

Great job on escrow - that is indeed the tricky part, and you have handled it very well.

Thanks. We hope people realise what it means to have a German lawyer on board. This allows us to make Lisk really big with a legal basis, and it's the most secure escrow possible.

mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:41:11 PM

From a moneymaker point of view:

About the: "that only makes Lisk more valuable".
Just be careful with how much you "donate", because the people that really want in, will buy as soon as they can to gain for the lowest price.
Once the coin is launched at an exchange sell a chunk (or all) immediately or be patient for months.

If you sold a good chunk upon launch, you can always buy back (way) cheaper.

There is no reason why this ICO and launch be any different than other coins/networks.

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:42:31 PM

Thanks. We hope people realise what it means to have a German lawyer on board. This allows us to make Lisk really big with a legal basis, and it's the most secure escrow possible.

You comment has made me become an Instant Google Expert on Heinrich Sudermann and the Hanseatic League.  Very interesting.  A most impressive German legal tradition, starting in roughly the same time period as the fundamental basis for English law, the Magna Carta.  Lisk would have fit right in with the Hanseatic League.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Sudermann

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanseatic_League
YNWA2806

Activity: 398

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:43:41 PM

Hey LiskHQ,
Many of my Israeli friend would like to get in on this as we all did in crypti, would an Hebrew translation be granted a bounty?

Also, just changed my sig
johan11

Activity: 480

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:58:13 PM

Signature added   Grin
SaracenRomero213

Activity: 1204
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:59:25 PM

Only 7 hrs. and start!
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:01:48 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 04:53:16 PM by MalReynolds2

Share dilution doesn't matter in this ICO.  It took me a long time to realize this.  Dilution only happens when more people show up with more money that only makes Lisk more valuable.  BTC or XCR, doesn't matter.  Inflow of either  increases the price of the fewer Lisk you now hold.  Your donation still has the same overall value as when you made it.  There is no reason to wait.  If you are going to donate to Lisk, just do it!
From a moneymaker point of view:

About the: "that only makes Lisk more valuable".
Just be careful with how much you "donate", because the people that really want in, will buy as soon as they can to gain for the lowest price.
Once the coin is launched at an exchange sell a chunk (or all) immediately or be patient for months.

If you sold a good chunk upon launch, you can always buy back (way) cheaper.

There is no reason why this ICO and launch be any different than other coins/networks.

I stand by my statements but  I recognize what you are saying may well be a valid secondary point.  

More and more people buying into Lisk during the ICO definitely raises the starting price of Lisk on exchanges after the ICO - that is an undeniable mathematical fact.  More and more people dumping on exchanges after an ICO to make money after an initial price pop is an undeniable psychological fact.  

If the coin is a "typical" one, then yep, you can buy in at the cheaper post-IPO exchange dump price.  The gamble you are taking - HOW MUCH will you then be able to buy if it turns out to be a "hot" coin?  If there is something special about the coin that makes people believe it has a bright future, then a higher proportion of people will hold it instead of put it on the market for sale.  When it hits that post-IPO profiteering price low, and starts to take off like a rocket, there won't be a lot for sale.

It's a matter of belief.  If you believe Lisk is something special that's headed to da moon, buy it during the ICO and get the best maximum overall ownership share you will ever achieve.  If you believe Lisk is just another coin, buy it at fire-sale prices during a post-ICO coin dump and price slump, and get as much as the market will allow you to have.

I'm buying my Lisk during the ICO.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:19:26 PM

Hey LiskHQ,
Many of my Israeli friend would like to get in on this as we all did in crypti, would an Hebrew translation be granted a bounty?

Also, just changed my sig

Hello,

Yes. Please wait until tomorrow, as I will add quite a lot of ICO information to the OP this night. Then simply post it into the appropriate section and send the link to me. I will reserve the bounty for you now.

Thank you very much.

Website ICO countdown

We know that it's not working properly. If we find the time, we will fix the countdown within the next few hours. For the time being, please refer to this countdown.

Lisk ICO Terms

I just published a blog post with all available ICO information at one place. The blog post will be updated if necessary. Please distribute this link, instead of the three different parts.

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-25ca3ecd5a4d

jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:32:31 PM

have alot of interest in this project. cant wait for ICO!!
MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:34:35 PM

Website ICO countdown

We know that it's not working properly. If we find the time, we will fix the countdown within the next few hours. For the time being, please refer to this countdown.

https://www.altcoincalendar.info/coins/1988/banners/1.svg

If that clock is frozen for you in Internet Explorer (like it was for me), try looking at it in Chrome.
Coinraptor

Activity: 257
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:45:23 PM

Hello, I posted czech translation in czech thread, but moderator deleted it. Anyone had similar problem? I hope they wont go after Lisk now. BTT moderators are generally scared of altcoins and competition. They will use any opportunity to lock the thread. I have seen it already.
I posted it again, I hope I wont be banned.  Lips sealed

MalReynolds2

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:51:19 PM

Supercoin is more anonymous than Darkcoin and if you disagree then take a look at the whitepaper on the bitcointalk forum and/or the forum to view the github code to prove me wrong.
Maybe stop spamming your pointless reboot.
Maybe edit your post to avoid repeating yet again the content you find pointless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: