Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your bitcoins?  (Read 92194 times)
agamasrori

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:52:24 AM

Currently I do not intend to spend the bitcoin I have. Investing or storing bitcoins for a long time now looks so good to work on big profits in the future. Well, i regret having spent my bitcoin in the past for fun, so maybe this is the right time to save bitcoin.
Great decision, buy and save bitcoin as much as you can and you will be happy for that decision after at least 4 years because the price in that year will be very high and you can spend your bitcoins after 4 years and you can have some fun with your profits. I also regret when i spent my bitcoins in gambling site because i was so greedy and i want to earn as fast as i can but i didn't i know that it is more worthy to hold or invest it rather than playing gambling.
Bitcoin is volatile so it is normal if we want to spend our bitcoin for fun. The halving will be happen in next 4 year so when the supply is smaller than demand the price will rise significantly. Most of gambler are lose their money in gambling rather than win the price. so I think we better to store our bitcoin in hardware wallet because it is more secure.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:53:34 AM

I always use online wallets. Ease of use and you don't need the whole blockchain downloaded and updated copy continuesly untill you can make​ a transaction.

Online wallets are risky as you have a fear of loosing your bitcoins so the best choice would be to store your bitcoins in offline wallet and for that I think electrum wallet is the best as it has great safety features and won't be possible for anyone to hack your coins.
i do not think that online wallet are risky because i am already using about from 2 years and i do not face any problem so i consider that online wallet is good and secure.
I strongly agree with you, The most of known online wallets are highly secure. When we talk about blockchain or maybe XAPO. There are top secure. I save my bitcoin in xapo wallet since 3 years and till now i don't have any problems with them. furthermore xapo have a lot of advantage, I mean here
- Transactions without fees.
- Instantly transactions from xapo account to another xapo account.( you don't need comfirmation)
Online wallets are never secure.  You're just telling a company which is barely regulated to keep your coins and spend them for you.  It's the same thing you do on an exchange.  They could scam you like Gox for all you know.

The most secure way to hold Bitcoin is on a hardware wallet.

I agree with you that hardware wallet  seems safer to keep bitcoin when compared to online wallet that sometimes vulnerable to theft by hackers

Have you experienced being hacked in online bitcoin wallet? Because I am using online wallet for years already and I never ever experience any harm on using it. And for sure there are lot of people out here that can really prove of security of using online wallets.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:49:54 AM

I use to use online bitcoin wallet because I feel more safer than using some other wallet like offline wallet. Though there were some who suggested that it is not secure yet I can say it is for me, I use it for long run already since I met bitcoin Smiley I did not encounter any problem on using online wallet ever. And I guess some people also can prove that it is also secure to use online wallet. I am afraid of using wallet that just stored in my computer.
although offline bitcoin wallets are also too much safe, but still i will like to say that online wallets are more convenient to use for depositing and withdrawal of bitcoin.
daxiake

Activity: 688

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:59:49 PM

I use to use online bitcoin wallet because I feel more safer than using some other wallet like offline wallet. Though there were some who suggested that it is not secure yet I can say it is for me, I use it for long run already since I met bitcoin Smiley I did not encounter any problem on using online wallet ever. And I guess some people also can prove that it is also secure to use online wallet. I am afraid of using wallet that just stored in my computer.
although offline bitcoin wallets are also too much safe, but still i will like to say that online wallets are more convenient to use for depositing and withdrawal of bitcoin.

But its not safe to keep your bitcoins in online wallet as there is a chance that it can get hacked by the hackers so the best thing is to store your bitcoin in offline wallet and transfer to online wallet depending on your needs.
coinbitte

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:45:19 PM

I store in both paper wallet and online wallet.

I'm growing my BTCs by 0.72-1.44% each day on https://bitcoinprofit.net/boss/coinbitte
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:52:13 PM

Good man, decent choices. If you don't already have them, I recommend making multiple copies of your paper wallet, depending on how much you have stored on it. As for the online wallet, that's a good choice for actively using them.

--

I'm currently using a mix of blockchain.info's wallet and a desktop wallet I have on an external drive. Not sure if I have enough copies of the desktop wallet (2 separate USBs), but hopefully I won't experience anything that destroys either copy.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:57:25 PM

Good man, decent choices. If you don't already have them, I recommend making multiple copies of your paper wallet, depending on how much you have stored on it. As for the online wallet, that's a good choice for actively using them.

--

I'm currently using a mix of blockchain.info's wallet and a desktop wallet I have on an external drive. Not sure if I have enough copies of the desktop wallet (2 separate USBs), but hopefully I won't experience anything that destroys either copy.
Well, I keep bitcoin I get only on blockchain, and I think it's very safe for the moment. but, I have another wallet for another coin. so I have two purses, and both I think it's very safe.
abstractednerve

Activity: 752

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:06:46 PM

--

Well, I keep bitcoin I get only on blockchain, and I think it's very safe for the moment. but, I have another wallet for another coin. so I have two purses, and both I think it's very safe.

Its better to store bitcoins in multiple wallets instead of keeping them at a single place as if anything goes wrong with the wallet then you will loose everything so its always good to save bitcoins in different wallets and offline wallets would be much better choice.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:52:35 AM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store my bitcoins on an online wallet. This wallet is where all my earnings from signature campaigns go.

I store my bitcoin in an online wallet too. I think that is what most of the people here do but I have noticed that some of them have mentioned hardware wallet. I wonder what it is?

Online wallets are a horrible way of storing your coins for various reasons. Most important reasons are that you are not the only entity with control over your coins, your coins are exposed to threats coming from the internet, plus that you rely on the service in question to stay online all the time. In order to prevent the latter situation to form a problem, always make sure that when you do happen to make use of an online wallet service, that you use one that provides you with the private keys. In case the service goes down, you'll always be able to access your coins.

Regarding hardware wallets, here is a handy link -- https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hardware_wallet

Thank you for the link. I will read more about hardware wallet.  Smiley

I just want to ask if you have your own experience regarding why online wallets are a horrible way to store bitcoins? You are right about the coins being exposed to security threats coming from the internet but still online wallets is still reliable for storing.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:27:42 PM

Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store my bitcoins on an online wallet. This wallet is where all my earnings from signature campaigns go.

I store my bitcoin in an online wallet too. I think that is what most of the people here do but I have noticed that some of them have mentioned hardware wallet. I wonder what it is?

Online wallets are a horrible way of storing your coins for various reasons. Most important reasons are that you are not the only entity with control over your coins, your coins are exposed to threats coming from the internet, plus that you rely on the service in question to stay online all the time. In order to prevent the latter situation to form a problem, always make sure that when you do happen to make use of an online wallet service, that you use one that provides you with the private keys. In case the service goes down, you'll always be able to access your coins.

Regarding hardware wallets, here is a handy link -- https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hardware_wallet

I just want to ask if you have your own experience regarding why online wallets are a horrible way to store bitcoins? You are right about the coins being exposed to security threats coming from the internet but still online wallets is still reliable for storing.

Do not put a lot of bitcoins in your online wallet because it is very risky and also very attractive to the eyes of hackers because if they see  a lot of bitcoins on an online wallet then they will do a lot of attacks to you like phishing site that can get access to your account if you are not careful and your hard earned bitcoins will like a bubble which will pop out in just a few moments.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 02:43:12 PM

i store it in my online wallet, it is trusted anyway. it has a very satisfaction feedbacks by my countrymen and it is safe I know. You may also try to save it online just make sure that the wallet you are using has a lot of users with a good feedbacks.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
grizman

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:36:13 PM

i store it in my online wallet, it is trusted anyway. it has a very satisfaction feedbacks by my countrymen and it is safe I know. You may also try to save it online just make sure that the wallet you are using has a lot of users with a good feedbacks.

My bitcoins are also stored on an online wallet. I have several wallets in which I keep parts of my savings. So it's safer. I trust this method of storage
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:04:25 PM

I always use online wallets. Ease of use and you don't need the whole blockchain downloaded and updated copy continuesly untill you can make​ a transaction.

Online wallets are risky as you have a fear of loosing your bitcoins so the best choice would be to store your bitcoins in offline wallet and for that I think electrum wallet is the best as it has great safety features and won't be possible for anyone to hack your coins.
i do not think that online wallet are risky because i am already using about from 2 years and i do not face any problem so i consider that online wallet is good and secure.

I agree with you, it is good and secure I use and still using online wallet, and I do not have any problem using it in so many years and I am much afraid to use a offline wallet, what if my computer got virus? And just hung up? What will I do? Anyway to recover it?
I used to think how you are thinking, and I used an online wallet.  However recently, I read some articles about online wallets, even popular ones like coinbase sometimes freezing your account thereby disabling your ability to use your coins. It is also possible for them to steal your money.

Or if the government told them to shut down you would lose all your money. Also your purchases can be traced if you use an online wallet. Basically they own your coins and just promise to give them to you when you want them. It comes down to whether you trust that promise enough to keep large amounts there.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:11:14 PM

I agree with you, it is good and secure I use and still using online wallet, and I do not have any problem using it in so many years and I am much afraid to use a offline wallet, what if my computer got virus? And just hung up? What will I do? Anyway to recover it?
I used to think how you are thinking, and I used an online wallet.  However recently, I read some articles about online wallets, even popular ones like coinbase sometimes freezing your account thereby disabling your ability to use your coins. It is also possible for them to steal your money.

Or if the government told them to shut down you would lose all your money. Also your purchases can be traced if you use an online wallet. Basically they own your coins and just promise to give them to you when you want them. It comes down to whether you trust that promise enough to keep large amounts there.
That's actually true but it's very unlikely they'd withhold your coins because that would be bad for that reputation. With that out of the way though, I'm not a big fan of them either. I tend to use a very lightweight desktop wallet and I'm looking to purchase a hardware wallet wich would give my the highest security possible.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:31:34 AM

Do not put a lot of bitcoins in your online wallet because it is very risky and also very attractive to the eyes of hackers because if they see  a lot of bitcoins on an online wallet then they will do a lot of attacks to you like phishing site that can get access to your account if you are not careful and your hard earned bitcoins will like a bubble which will pop out in just a few moments.

Then I guess it would be better to create multiple online wallets and divide your earnings to avoid cyberpunks. Thank you for the advise!

btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 05:04:43 AM

i dont trust online wwallet, you wil never know what will happen, any rogue employee ot someone hacks a site.

i prefer my pc and in some cases, offline storing.

coynedterm

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:49:06 AM

Here I found few threads about the cold storage of the bitcoin and also ridden about the cold storage used by the most secured  services in the internet like gambling sites cloudbet . Due toy confusion I never tried cold storg but I am using official wallet for the saving of my bitcoin Because I don't trust at all by any of the bitcoin wallet by the third party because I have only trust with the blockchain official bitcoin wallet .
Here I always never feels that the wallet that I am using is always recoverable , so usually made backup and export private key .
So here for me official is best and nothing else to go .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:39:03 AM

Then I guess it would be better to create multiple online wallets and divide your earnings to avoid cyberpunks. Thank you for the advise!

That is risky too, because if you create a lot of online wallet then it will be very risky for you because the passwords can't be all the same so you will create different passwords and it will be risky because you can't remember it all. It is better to just use paper wallet in storing bitcoins which it is offline and you just need printer and paper then you can create offline and secured wallet.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:45:57 AM

I store my bitcoin on exchangers that is for capital trading altcoins and some bitcoin be puted on wallet online (usually be used for gambling game) i don't store much digital coins in bitcoin,
i just put digital coins on altcoins usually on ethereum because it has chance to growing up more than righ now and there is chance put digital coins in altcoins to make double my bitcoin.
Ossidalm

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:20:15 AM

I store my bitcoin on exchangers that is for capital trading altcoins and some bitcoin be puted on wallet online (usually be used for gambling game) i don't store much digital coins in bitcoin,
i just put digital coins on altcoins usually on ethereum because it has chance to growing up more than righ now and there is chance put digital coins in altcoins to make double my bitcoin.

I heard it is better not to put bitcoin in online wallet. So I store most coins myself.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: