Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities  (Read 139723 times)
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:10:59 PM

I think many bad people or criminals use fiat and the other currencies often to make the illegal activities before the Bitcoin's create. So we can't accuse the bitcoin's currency to being used by some people for this illegal purposes

Even now, 6 years after the creation of bitcoin, US dollar is still the  favourite of the criminals.

Bitcoin however makes it much safer for them to get caught and i mean if there is no fiat money involved in the crime there won't be any evidence of an exchange. i could be wrong about the law in US but yeah bitcoin increases the ways of how to make their transactions easy. Online criminals like scamming and extorting are common due to bitcoin.

Exactly but what's special about btc used for illegal activities is that I'm more or less sure that it works in both ways. I'm sure price is greatly backed by illegal activities!!!

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:16:04 PM

I think for some people it is bitcoin used for crime. I do not deny that bitcoin ease in conducting transactions can also be a weakness bitcoin itself.
Wobberdk

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:20:27 PM

I don't understand why is this so relevant.

Isn't fiat money also used for illegal activities?

What would people do? Ban fiat money?

Illegal activites are a commonplace. if, today, following the money is a tool to arrest perpetrators, we should find another way to find them instead of stoping a true world revolution because of the fear of bandits.
bargainbin

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:38:27 PM

Isn't fiat money also used for illegal activities?

Sure. And fiat money would be banned too, if it wasn't mainly used for non-criminal activities.
Fluffy pillows aren't banned or tightly regulated. Because mainly used for headrests. But yeah, you can use them to smother people to death.
Hand grenades, OTOH, are tightly regulated. Can you figure out why that is?
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:54:29 PM

I see more and more acrticles of bitcoin being used for illegal activities
will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
to harden the use of illegal , and money laundering
because use bitcoin is anonymous then bitcoin is easy to being used for illegal activities i said that because some time ago there are kidnappers in my country asked bitcoin as a ransom
iliasyaco

Activity: 457
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:57:20 PM

Is cash being used for illegal activities ?? Roll Eyes
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:39:57 PM

I think many bad people or criminals use fiat and the other currencies often to make the illegal activities before the Bitcoin's create. So we can't accuse the bitcoin's currency to being used by some people for this illegal purposes
Agreed. If bitcoin is being used for illegal activities, then it is not bitcoin's fault neither bitcon's developers. All currencies being used for illegal activities, but it don't effect currency Image, if bitcoin being used for illegal work, it will not effect bitcoin I think. 
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:23:27 AM

I see more and more acrticles of bitcoin being used for illegal activities
will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
to harden the use of illegal , and money laundering
because use bitcoin is anonymous then bitcoin is easy to being used for illegal activities i said that because some time ago there are kidnappers in my country asked bitcoin as a ransom

It happens because no one can prove about the transaction. Really people are thinking well to make them out of critical situations with bitcoin.
Stopping such usage of bitcoin is highly impossible. If there is advantage there will be disadvantage.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:28:47 AM

Agreed. If bitcoin is being used for illegal activities, then it is not bitcoin's fault neither bitcon's developers. All currencies being used for illegal activities, but it don't effect currency Image, if bitcoin being used for illegal work, it will not effect bitcoin I think. 

Yeah, even gold is used by criminals, Does that mean gold is the criminal currency?
Offcourse not. Criminals will grap anything they can hold on too, for their practices.

Sex/Money/Drugs

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:49:30 AM

Its really up to the person. Bitcoins ain't bad its people that is.
birdmeko

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:20:42 AM

all currency are being used for something illegal by somebody.
bitcoin might be easier to not be tracked though with mixer and all that stuff. Cheesy
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:54:19 AM

Its really up to the person. Bitcoins ain't bad its people that is.
Yeah bitcoins not wrong they are a bad person utilizing bitcoin
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:57:55 AM

I'm sure that some people are using bitcoins for illegal activity.  But cash and other forms of money are as well.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:45:26 AM

I'm sure that some people are using bitcoins for illegal activity.  But cash and other forms of money are as well.

That is true, anything that has a value could be use in illegal activity.. It depends upon the one who will use it...

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:30:28 AM

its a lot easier to use bitcoin on illegal activities though.
Anyone who would want to get away by selling illegal stuff would definitely want to try cryptocurrencies not just bitcoin but monero and the rest of the crypto which can be traded.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:46:59 AM

Some countries consider online gambling as illegal activity.
So yes, it is in those regards. But that is the beauty of being online. You can use a vpn to not be in those countries while doing those activities, so it is like you are not even in those countries that ban it.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:47:20 AM

That is true, anything that has a value could be use in illegal activity.. It depends upon the one who will use it...
yeah agree, and all currencies has also been used for illegal activities. in contrast to bitcoin, it is still very new. so there is very little illegal activity. whether we should tolerate it?
Zacudis

Activity: 159

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:18:10 PM

Some countries consider online gambling as illegal activity.
So yes, it is in those regards. But that is the beauty of being online. You can use a vpn to not be in those countries while doing those activities, so it is like you are not even in those countries that ban it.

Will the authorities invest in the VPN services and they can monitor your every action so that you do not notice?

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:07:18 PM

in a nutshell, this phenomena is explicit in the darknet without even asking about it as you visited them at once.
bitcoin (in general) is the only way to trade for illegal stuff. Tongue

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:07:59 PM

Even now, 6 years after the creation of bitcoin, US dollar is still the  favourite of the criminals.

Bitcoin however makes it much safer for them to get caught and i mean if there is no fiat money involved in the crime there won't be any evidence of an exchange. i could be wrong about the law in US but yeah bitcoin increases the ways of how to make their transactions easy. Online criminals like scamming and extorting are common due to bitcoin.

Exactly but what's special about btc used for illegal activities is that I'm more or less sure that it works in both ways. I'm sure price is greatly backed by illegal activities!!!
It is many used by illegal activities. I think it is normal. Nobody can control them so that is good for them.
But it is to easy for them. It must stop and that is not good for us. It will have a bad reputation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: