Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities  (Read 139719 times)
Cyber.R

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:13:49 AM

I know one thing, a drug addict can buy drugs from anything he has.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:10:30 AM

No more than USD is being used for illegal activities.
If you took a look at the percentages of Bitcoin being used for illegal activities vs. the percentage of USD activities being used for illegal activities, Bitcoin would win by a huge amount
LOL, you're right, if using dollars, illegal activity would be very easily tracked, but if using bitcoin illegal activity may not be trackable or may be very difficult
Lol do you think the criminals not use the services of the bank to transact it was foolish man! they do a cash payment system they are not going to unmask their own using public transaction. swiss bank is not as tight as before.
criminals are still comfortable using dollars for illegal activities

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:14:08 AM

If you took a look at the percentages of Bitcoin being used for illegal activities vs. the percentage of USD activities being used for illegal activities, Bitcoin would win by a huge amount
LOL, you're right, if using dollars, illegal activity would be very easily tracked, but if using bitcoin illegal activity may not be trackable or may be very difficult
Lol do you think the criminals not use the services of the bank to transact it was foolish man! they do a cash payment system they are not going to unmask their own using public transaction. swiss bank is not as tight as before.
criminals are still comfortable using dollars for illegal activities

Still some criminal love to see a real money when they do transaction as it keep them at ease when doing it.
The new criminal are now using bitcoin to real hide their track when selling something.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:01:14 PM

Of course it is,  just like all other forms of money are.
I will also say yes it is, as bitcoin is also a currency/money and the criminals work for the sake of money, so wherever they find any money they will start their job at there to grab others money .
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:22:25 PM

Of course it is,  just like all other forms of money are.
I will also say yes it is, as bitcoin is also a currency/money and the criminals work for the sake of money, so wherever they find any money they will start their job at there to grab others money .

Its not just bitcoin that is used for illegal activities but also other form of currency the news about bitcoin that it is being used to illegal is just a form of propaganda and they are ignoring the fact that paper money is also used for illegal activities.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:39:01 PM

Bitcoin is regarded as payment method from 5 years or less (before it had no real value). US Dollars had history of more than 100 years as a currency.
Market cap of US dollars is also significantly higher. So it is normal that this FIAT was and is used the most by criminals.
Times changes tho and it is only natural that bitcoin - and other digital currencies will be used a lot more for conducting illegal transactions.
JasonXG

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:50:50 PM

that's dumb statement, bitcoin is a currency and currency can be used for anything if the user want,just like people do use dollar to buy drugs or anything illegal? its the same like  when you use btc,and about money laundering, its possible to be done through any currency, do you ever saw people buying a very simple painted canvas with only 2 colors like red and blue ? and they bought it for $5 million? do you think its normal or money laundering?

Yes exactly, while i was reading this i was like omg *facepalm* . Anything with value can be traded for anything else. So i give you candy to go kill someone for me then we ban candy ? This whole thing about BTC and crime is really annoying but eh, let them think whatever they want to.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:55:47 PM

Its used for illegal activities but every currency is used by criminals so that is no new thing in my opinion.
The media is just talking very bad about the bitcoin and that is mostly used by criminals...
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 02:05:45 PM

I see more and more acrticles of bitcoin being used for illegal activities
will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
to harden the use of illegal , and money laundering
Regardless of how Bitcoin works, I doubt it can't be used for illegal activities. These articles about Bitcoin being used for illegal activities are kind of free publicity for Bitcoin, IMO. No worries about it. And, no, the governments can ban it but they can't stop it.

Life sucks.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:29:33 PM

Its used for illegal activities but every currency is used by criminals so that is no new thing in my opinion.
The media is just talking very bad about the bitcoin and that is mostly used by criminals...
I think media did not commit the crim. they provide the data correctly. that the illegal use bitcoin assistance continues to grow. but that was not a problem they are free to do anything with bitcoin right ?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 02:51:05 PM

I think media did not commit the crim. they provide the data correctly. that the illegal use bitcoin assistance continues to grow. but that was not a problem they are free to do anything with bitcoin right ?
I don't agree with some of your points, to be honest. Yes, the media do not commit any crime, but no one knows the authenticity of their news sources. I too can simply make an article about Bitcoin being centralized, but no one will believe in my words unless proven otherwise. You should never entirely trust the media words unless they have proofs to prove the authenticity of their news. Just saying.

Life sucks.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:18:34 PM

Yes is it being used to do illegal activities like buying drug and guns.
If you look back these past few years theres a website called silkroad which sells illegal items that cant be sold on a normal site.
On darkweb you can watch people getting killed with a cost of bitcoin.

Yup it is used by illegal activities. But I think it is normal to use Bitcoin for illegal activities. Nobody can control you and cant see what you bought.
But I think that must stop soon. Banks don't like it either and the government too.
The criminals are working their way normal and they are getting benefitted from any currency which is convenient for them, so with bitcoin they consider themselves as secure and anonymous.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
haileysantos95

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:27:27 PM

If you look back these past few years theres a website called silkroad which sells illegal items that cant be sold on a normal site.

Yup it is used by illegal activities. But I think it is normal to use Bitcoin for illegal activities. Nobody can control you and cant see what you bought.
But I think that must stop soon. Banks don't like it either and the government too.
The criminals are working their way normal and they are getting benefitted from any currency which is convenient for them, so with bitcoin they consider themselves as secure and anonymous.

With the criminals using bitcoin as their payment well they are really secured,they can take payments without any one noticing it.
Anonymous yes,criminals like it anonymous as much as possible to do their deeds.
bargainbin

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:36:40 PM

do you seriously think bitcoin is used more for bad things than the us dollar? you must be kidding, right? nothing in the world can come even close to the harm done by the us dollar.... bitcoin is of course also being used for illegal stuff, but in comparison to the us dollar, bitcoin doesn't even come close to 0,01% of the total harm done by by the us dollar. that fiat currency is being used to fund entire wars. but as always, the media picks always bitcoin out of everything. it clearly has influenced you.

Boldfaced it for you. Bitcoin's only unique use cases are crime, that's why it's users are disproportionately criminal. While USD is used to build roads and buy baby formula, BTC is mainly used to buy CP & shitty dwugs on DNMs. With the proceeds of your successful ransomware/extortion/scam investment/internet gambling operation.

And sure, USD was used to fund wars. Defeating the Axis in WW2, for instance. So you can whine about teh evol USD instead of getting gassed & incinerated.
UR welcome Smiley
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:54:13 PM

I think the governments are banks still do not have enough time to work with bitcoin and they are waiting for the stability and full establishment of bitcoin.Maybe in the a few years some of the governments appear to adopt it.
pateda

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:25:01 PM

everything can be used illegally like PayPal, credit card etc.. The only thing that makes bitcoin mostly used illegally such as deepweb stuffs is its anonymity which is good too..

Im confident majority Bitcoin users are good legitimate people or just speculators waiting for higher price.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:30:06 PM

Bitcoin could be used illegally, but the government's are doing a surprising lot, doing size-related searches on the blockchain. But gold, diamonds, PayPal and cash have been used illegally too.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 09:54:01 PM

Yep and not just bitcoin, all currency around the world are used for illegal activity, no currency arent use for legal activity.

DOGE12321

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:29:45 PM

It may affect bitcoin in a whole as it would ruin it public view and the few people who use BTC may even stop using it.  In the end we all just have to realise that we are not the criminals or people who use BTC for. Right. we have nothing to fear. and so we should continue using it.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:30:15 AM

Bitcoin transactions are show and will always be visible to any one that has the adress ,sure ilegal activities use bitcoin but the main resorce is fiat.With fiat is harder to trace where the money went,but well bitcoin will be always just connected to the bad things as others companies keep paying for the media talk about the how bad is bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: