Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities  (Read 139719 times)
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 07:10:35 AM

I just read a few days ago in the local newspapers that police catch drug dealers with a lot of drugs ready for sell.
It seems that they paid for it with Bitcoin.
Such news really can show whole BTC community in negative light.
Yes, it's sad fact but Bitcoin is used for illegal activities.
It's nothing we can do about it.
As usual bitcoin are using for buying illegal drugs and its happening on my country too but goverment or police don't care about bitcoin they want the suspect of that crime and if bitcoin will be banned on my country i probably travel in to another country because i love bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
18thacccount

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 07:57:55 AM

Yes, No one can deny that bitcoin is sometimes being used for illegal activities, However the same is applied worldwide since any currency in the world is being used for anything, since this is the fault of the users and not the fault of the currency itself.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:00:26 AM

Yes. We should accept the fact that Bitcoin is being used for illegal activities. We cannot hide nor stop the possibility because it is used for anything.
JANGKRIK BOSS

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:14:04 AM

The people that use it are bad not the method of making the trade. It can be fiat or gold if not bitcoin. Sure, anything can be used for illegal activities. It is the source that is to blame not the medium which it is used.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:30:56 PM

like fiat moneys bitcoins can be used for illegal activities but today  the majority of bitcoin activities are legal, and if you want to exchange that money for fiat you maybe need to share your personal information I think this politic reduces the ratio of ilegal activities.
No actually i don't think this can stop bitcoin or any other fiat from using for illegal activities as there are many ways from which hackers/criminals can pass through such KYC regulation and i have heard few cases where hackers/criminals have used fake identity proofs to get through exchange and withdraws.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 01:40:20 PM

like fiat moneys bitcoins can be used for illegal activities but today  the majority of bitcoin activities are legal, and if you want to exchange that money for fiat you maybe need to share your personal information I think this politic reduces the ratio of ilegal activities.
No actually i don't think this can stop bitcoin or any other fiat from using for illegal activities as there are many ways from which hackers/criminals can pass through such KYC regulation and i have heard few cases where hackers/criminals have used fake identity proofs to get through exchange and withdraws.
It can be happen since many online activities are collecting real information that can use to fake their identity using their collected identity from others..
And i think many people are still doing it even not in bitcoins..

Make crypto as your bank.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:53:17 PM

It can be happen since many online activities are collecting real information that can use to fake their identity using their collected identity from others..

This kind of situation  is  not new  on  online world  which is  trully happening  that other people do use  others  information to  use  on scamming  purposes  and its really a  bad  thing for  those people who are victim on this schemes. Thats why  we should  be very careful on exposing our real information on web.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:00:49 PM

This kind of situation  is  not new  on  online world  which is  trully happening  that other people do use  others  information to  use  on scamming  purposes  and its really a  bad  thing for  those people who are victim on this schemes. Thats why  we should  be very careful on exposing our real information on web.
The main priority of everyone should be to never openly talk about who you are and where you live, etc.

It's not only here on this forum, but everywhere on the internet there are scammers out to use your personal information to look legit and scam people.

That's why an alternative currency such as Bitcoin comes very handy for people doing side jobs on the internet, but at the same time want to remain anonymous for the outside world.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:22:22 PM

I think that every single currency is being used for illegal activities and neither bitcoin nor dollar is an exception. And think of dollar, it might be the most "illegal" currency in the world since it seems to be that most of the deep webs transactions use dollar and people keep using dollar. So it's not necessary to be worried about bitcoin being affected by the illegal things have been done with it.
Antoshka

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:33:09 PM

I think that every single currency is being used for illegal activities and neither bitcoin nor dollar is an exception. And think of dollar, it might be the most "illegal" currency in the world since it seems to be that most of the deep webs transactions use dollar and people keep using dollar. So it's not necessary to be worried about bitcoin being affected by the illegal things have been done with it.
The time will come and the power of any state finds a way to control the first exchange transactions with cryptocurrency and then illegal payment in the criminal world will end.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:44:04 PM

Yes. We should accept the fact that Bitcoin is being used for illegal activities. We cannot hide nor stop the possibility because it is used for anything.
Well, you're right. in fact it has always used. I guess after the first bitcoin's price, bitcoin is always used for such activities, but for now the use of bitcoin have been more to the activities of the illegal legal. it may be because of the potential bitcoin already started to be seen by many people. so many people have stopped using it for illegal activities
chen miao

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:49:12 PM

Yes it is used in illegal activities using deep web. Also I guess those btc big transaction has been made by those people in deep web. They are using bitcoin mixer to be able hard to find for authority.
caxandra

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:47:20 PM

Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, and even fiat all serve as opportunities for criminals as well "everything illegal is done using those, right?", but society keeps them around due to their recognized benefit. so using bitcoin on illegal activities will not harm bitcoin that much.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:54:56 PM

Surely it is... But any kind of currency is being used for illegal activities also. The problem isn't the coin, it's not the Bitcoin, the problem are the illegal activities. Authorities should stop accuse the Bitcoin and its supporters and send to the jail who is using it to create issues over the world.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CroIsBest

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:00:26 PM

yea and nobody dont go to stop it because many bitcoin jobs are mafia jobs and big corruption
mobilestrike

Activity: 907

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:24:58 PM

Yes it is used in illegal activities using deep web. Also I guess those btc big transaction has been made by those people in deep web. They are using bitcoin mixer to be able hard to find for authority.

But the amount of people of these types are much lesser there are much lesser criminal people who are using bitcoin for illegal purposes and most of the people who start to use bitcoin often try to join its other ways to earn bitcoin.
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:33:40 PM

But the amount of people of these types are much lesser there are much lesser criminal people who are using bitcoin for illegal purposes and most of the people who start to use bitcoin often try to join its other ways to earn bitcoin.

With your post I can say that if we will teach everyone the ways of earning bitcoins in good manner then they will not need to go for bad way to earn money and they will not accept to do any wrong for earning money.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:34:19 PM

yea and nobody dont go to stop it because many bitcoin jobs are mafia jobs and big corruption
I don't think this is true, there are several other uses of bitcoin and bitcoin are also being used for donation, tipping, funding projects, forex trading etc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
manyute

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:34:39 PM

Yes, bitoin is used on many illegal activities like buying on the blackmarket sites... Use to buy killer etc..it is widely use in the underground transaction in china.
vindicare

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 06:54:15 PM

yes for some because they can mix it up and avoid being detected easily because of the mixing of coin address . Usually people use bitcoin for sending payment buying illegal goods because it cannot track and detect real life information so bitcoin is the best currency for doing that.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: