Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 12:55:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1  (Read 397333 times)
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:58:16 PM

Feature request if this is not already added in. Epoch Switch reset timer enabled. Seems even tho you have got rid of dag file generation my miner decides to halt and freeze even tho using current version. I had 1.1 Just before the Epoch Switch was due to restart and moments after it my miner was stuck and did not restart had to totally restart miner. Is their option to add timer in to force restart miner if not then please add option in to force restart miner ever x amount of hours.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:17:08 PM

Dear Genoi!
Can we except hashrate  increasing  by future versions of your great miner? (OpenCL)
Or has it already achieved the maximum?

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:02:07 PM

Dear Genoi!
Can we except hashrate  increasing  by future versions of your great miner? (OpenCL)

Totally depends on your card if tweaked a little but to be honest mining ETH even overclocking cards you don't see much improvement other than more heat and kwh used. Found that out already on R9 280x cards.

You can however play around with the following settings --farm-recheck 200 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 18432 found to be bout the best setting without giving away other settings that I decline to provide. You can play with recheck global and local work to find maximum sweet spot takes a lot of work. Global work you can increase by 1024 each time and find max setting card will cope with. I am taking a wiled guessing this is just like intensity of how hard  card is working. I do remember use to do something along lines when mining LTC a while back and playing with same settings to get a good work load, balance and good hash speed. Will take a while to work best settings out for your card testing and moving up the ladder and finding that sweet spot. Once done just remember to note settings down and save for later configurations for other crypto in future Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
adamvp

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:47:54 PM

crazyerner, sorry
I was asking about miner side efficiency (kernel)
I know there is not much to improve in this aspect.. but ..

xinshiji168

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:25:21 AM

Dear Genoi!

Totally depends on your card if tweaked a little but to be honest mining ETH even overclocking cards you don't see much improvement other than more heat and kwh used. Found that out already on R9 280x cards.

You can however play around with the following settings --farm-recheck 200 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 18432 found to be bout the best setting without giving away other settings that I decline to provide. You can play with recheck global and local work to find maximum sweet spot takes a lot of work. Global work you can increase by 1024 each time and find max setting card will cope with. I am taking a wiled guessing this is just like intensity of how hard  card is working. I do remember use to do something along lines when mining LTC a while back and playing with same settings to get a good work load, balance and good hash speed. Will take a while to work best settings out for your card testing and moving up the ladder and finding that sweet spot. Once done just remember to note settings down and save for later configurations for other crypto in future Smiley
280X,1120/1000,1120/1250,1120/1500, What difference? thanks
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 12:44:16 AM

Dear Genoi!

280X OVERCLOCK--

Each brand and model of 280X differs.  If your 280X is stable at 1120/1500, it may be getting 1-1.5 MH/s more hash than at its stock clock.  It will also be using more energy, running hotter, and wearing out faster.  My 280X would just overheat and crash.  Running at 1100/1500, it is stable, and I gained about 1MH/s performance over a stock clock of 1030/1500.

There is not much room for improvement with the Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm.       --scryptr

SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Integ
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010

!

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 03:49:52 AM

Genoil, is it possible to start mining on the latest build on 4X7870 or need a special version with separation of DAG?

Ecли Bы дaвнo coбиpaлиcь oтпpaвить мнe дeньги, нo бoялиcь пpeдлoжить - y Bac ecть шaнc cдeлaть этo! - гoкc кинyл мeня нa 31248 caтoши!
1NiWhDiKGfyWj4EoJXDLm1J3SXsZSjUCjB (пoлyчeнo, cпacибo! )))
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:37:28 AM

My miner doesn't support dwarfpool. If you can raise 1 BTC (with a group of people), I will add support for it.

I had some time today to sniff the Dwarfpool connection.  Strange that after all this time, they would choose to implement a non standard version of the stratum protocol.  So its a Dwarfpool weirdness issue.  Regular farm mining through eth-proxy works just fine.  Im noticing a 7 Mhs increase in speed and more consistent mining speeds on my AMD rigs.  

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

Eth-Proxy works just fine, it is easy to set-up and run, it is free.  I don't use Genoil's Ethminer on my AMD rigs, just on my nVidia rigs.  All of them connect through Eth-Proxy.  I don't use the stratum mode with Genoil's miner, I just let it mine, and it mines just fine.       --scryptr

What are you using for your AMD cards? I have been using Claymore 4.3 seems to be ok. Do you suggest anything different? My 6 380x cards are pulling about 128.5 on average. (21.4 percard)

With genoil ethminer Im pulling 27.x MHs per Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X under Ubuntu 14.04 with the proprietary AMD driver set at 15.something.  Was running the stock ethminer that came with the ethereum package. Mining speed is roughly a 7 MHs increase on average. Its also farm mining against an eth-proxy running on a different server setup for Expanse on Dwarfpool.  I had hoped to use genoil's ethminer stratum feature to hit it directly (sans proxy) so that I could set up a little profit switching with Ethereum and SHIFT but to no avail.  Just have to have a little more patience Wink

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

ethminer -R ~/.ethash-exp -E old --farm-recheck 300 -G -F http://192.168.1.5:8080/rig3 --cl-extragpu-mem 16 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384

Haven't checked out Claymore yet, but I will now. Smiley

NOTE:  Vapor-X cards suck for mining which is why I use them on my test rig. I would expect that a better version of the R9 280X or a newer generation card will probably have better results.
27 MHs? I barely get 20 on my powercolor 280x

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

are you using the wolfo version, which seems to offer a boost of 7%? still need proof of this

STOCK ETHMINER--

Just to answer your question, I am using a very standard version of Ethminer.  It is very reliable, and mines 24/7 without crashing.  Maybe I could mine Expanse at 27MH/s, but would I make more profit?  Haven't done the math.       --scryptr

can you provide the link for the standard version? it should not offer anything for nvidia over the genoil version right? also why mining expanse when ethereum is still far more profitable...
Genoil (OP)

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:55:31 AM

Genoil, is it possible to start mining on the latest build on 4X7870 or need a special version with separation of DAG?

If it doesn't start, add -L sequential to Cmd line and try again. Needs version 1.1.3

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
parmatiya

Activity: 239

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:44:28 AM

Dear Genoi!

For the 280x, if you run the core at 1120, it is better to use the 1500 MHz memory speed. It is faster.

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 08:54:49 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 10:06:24 AM by scryptr

My miner doesn't support dwarfpool. If you can raise 1 BTC (with a group of people), I will add support for it.

I had some time today to sniff the Dwarfpool connection.  Strange that after all this time, they would choose to implement a non standard version of the stratum protocol.  So its a Dwarfpool weirdness issue.  Regular farm mining through eth-proxy works just fine.  Im noticing a 7 Mhs increase in speed and more consistent mining speeds on my AMD rigs.  

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

Eth-Proxy works just fine, it is easy to set-up and run, it is free.  I don't use Genoil's Ethminer on my AMD rigs, just on my nVidia rigs.  All of them connect through Eth-Proxy.  I don't use the stratum mode with Genoil's miner, I just let it mine, and it mines just fine.       --scryptr

What are you using for your AMD cards? I have been using Claymore 4.3 seems to be ok. Do you suggest anything different? My 6 380x cards are pulling about 128.5 on average. (21.4 percard)

With genoil ethminer Im pulling 27.x MHs per Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X under Ubuntu 14.04 with the proprietary AMD driver set at 15.something.  Was running the stock ethminer that came with the ethereum package. Mining speed is roughly a 7 MHs increase on average. Its also farm mining against an eth-proxy running on a different server setup for Expanse on Dwarfpool.  I had hoped to use genoil's ethminer stratum feature to hit it directly (sans proxy) so that I could set up a little profit switching with Ethereum and SHIFT but to no avail.  Just have to have a little more patience Wink

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

ethminer -R ~/.ethash-exp -E old --farm-recheck 300 -G -F http://192.168.1.5:8080/rig3 --cl-extragpu-mem 16 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384

Haven't checked out Claymore yet, but I will now. Smiley

NOTE:  Vapor-X cards suck for mining which is why I use them on my test rig. I would expect that a better version of the R9 280X or a newer generation card will probably have better results.
27 MHs? I barely get 20 on my powercolor 280x

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

are you using the wolfo version, which seems to offer a boost of 7%? still need proof of this

STOCK ETHMINER--

Just to answer your question, I am using a very standard version of Ethminer.  It is very reliable, and mines 24/7 without crashing.  Maybe I could mine Expanse at 27MH/s, but would I make more profit?  Haven't done the math.       --scryptr

can you provide the link for the standard version? it should not offer anything for nvidia over the genoil version right? also why mining expanse when ethereum is still far more profitable...

I HAVE NEVER MINED EXPANSE--

But, the responses in this thread indicate that the Expanse (EXP) blockchain has a far lower mining difficulty than Ethereum (ETH), and that EXP mines at a much faster hash rate.  How big is the EXP DAG file?  Would mining it with a 750ti rig still be practical?       --scryptr

SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Integ
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010

!

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:46:29 AM

If it doesn't start, add -L sequential to Cmd line and try again. Needs version 1.1.3
it is working Shocked but used memory is the same 1500 MB for each card...

Ecли Bы дaвнo coбиpaлиcь oтпpaвить мнe дeньги, нo бoялиcь пpeдлoжить - y Bac ecть шaнc cдeлaть этo! - гoкc кинyл мeня нa 31248 caтoши!
1NiWhDiKGfyWj4EoJXDLm1J3SXsZSjUCjB (пoлyчeнo, cпacибo! )))
adamvp

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:02:19 AM

When I tested exp few  weeks ago I got about 7%higher hashrate than by ethereum

Genoil (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:55:06 AM

it is working Shocked but used memory is the same 1500 MB for each card...

Yes that doesn't change. This feature uses less system RAM, not GPU ram

induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:28:39 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 05:58:18 PM by induktor

Hello!
Question
750Ti , what hashrate should I expect?, since the dag file is pretty close to 2GB which is the memory of these cards.

I am asking because a got a lot of them working in others coins and would like to move them here to ethereum, but compiling last version 113 with dcompute 5.0 i only get 3.4 MH per card, which is so low it doesn't even justify them running imho.

or i am doing something wrong, I can see the vram usage on every card is 1.56 GB so I got some spare to the 2GB limit.

thanks!
indukt

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Genoil (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:49:06 PM

Hello!
Question
750Ti , what hashrate should I expect?, since the dag file is pretty close to 2GB which is the memory of these cards.

I am asking because a got a lot of them working in others coins and would like to move them here to ethereum but dunno if it  worth it

thanks!
indukt

Last figure I read here was 3.5MH/s if you use Linux. Could be 4. It suffers badly from DAG size, they could do 9 (when oc-ed) a year ago.

induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:59:24 PM

Hello!
Question

I am asking because a got a lot of them working in others coins and would like to move them here to ethereum but dunno if it  worth it

thanks!
indukt

Last figure I read here was 3.5MH/s if you use Linux. Could be 4. It suffers badly from DAG size, they could do 9 (when oc-ed) a year ago.

Huh , exactly what i am getting, not worth it Sad , will sell them all  Grin thanks

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:34:45 PM

hi

i tried to mine eth a few month ago but did not get it working
i wanna try again but still not working lol  Sad

i try with a 2G version of R9 380

i try other miner but they all crash

Code:
Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Users\carlo>E:\ethereum\miner\ethminer-opencl-0.9.41\eth_pp_ua-ocl.bat

C:\Users\carlo>set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0

C:\Users\carlo>set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100

C:\Users\carlo>set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1

C:\Users\carlo>set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

C:\Users\carlo>"E:\ethereum\miner\ethminer-opencl-0.9.41\ethminer.exe" -G -F htt
p://ethereumpool.co/?miner=20@0x8e638872f36e861f8cfcad37c9bc09a83a8af06e@620 --c
l-global-work 16384 --cl-local-work 128
Genoil's ethminer 0.9.41-genoil-1.1.2
=====================================================================
Forked from github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum
CUDA kernel ported from Tim Hughes' OpenCL kernel
With contributions from nerdralph, RoBiK, tpruvot and sp_

Please consider a donation to:

Found suitable OpenCL device [Tonga ] with 2147483648 bytes of GPU memory
  m  20:30:40|main  Getting work package...
  m  20:30:41|main  Got work package: #c866d517
  i  20:30:41|openclminer0  set work; seed: #0823bb39, target: #0000000089705f41

i  20:30:41|openclminer0  Initialising miner...
  m  20:30:42|main  Mining on PoWhash #c866d517 : 0.00MH/s [A0+0:R0+0:F0]
Using platform: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
Using device: Tonga(OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2004.6))
  m  20:30:43|main  Mining on PoWhash #c866d517 : 0.00MH/s [A0+0:R0+0:F0]
  m  20:30:43|main  Got work package: #a19f4135
Printing program log

Creating cache buffer
Creating DAG buffer
Allocating/mapping DAG buffer failed with: clCreateBuffer(-61). GPU can't alloca
te the DAG in a single chunk. Bailing.
clEnqueueWriteBuffer(-38)
Genoil (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:07:15 PM

add set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:11:02 PM

Is 1.1 still having problems with unstable hashrates due to the streaming DAG?

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: