Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636372 times)
Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:24:01 AM

Yes thanks for the clear explaination. A lot of misconceptions about ripple

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:51:55 AM

...but it has infinite supply and controlled by ripple corp.

wrong. 100 billion total, no more can be created per the protocol's rules.

ripple corp / owners can only sell at a mediated rate over a series of years that should stabilize price and enable some degree of trust in the market. they also only own 20% of all shares. although still high, the rest has been (and will be) donated to non-profits, charities, and the ripple foundation to further innovation.

Thanks for explaining that one, another common misconception is somehow XRP has an infinite supply and it does not and as you say no more XRP can ever be created.

On top of that the supply is constantly burnt so the only thing that can happen is less XRP supply over time.

Burning of xrp is something new to me. Is that correct? Or maybe they are burning like 0.001% only or something like those figures. Is burning of supply occurs per annum? Where can I see the writings on this?
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:58:50 AM

ripple corp / owners can only sell at a mediated rate over a series of years that should stabilize price and enable some degree of trust in the market. they also only own 20% of all shares. although still high, the rest has been (and will be) donated to non-profits, charities, and the ripple foundation to further innovation.

Thanks for explaining that one, another common misconception is somehow XRP has an infinite supply and it does not and as you say no more XRP can ever be created.

On top of that the supply is constantly burnt so the only thing that can happen is less XRP supply over time.

Burning of xrp is something new to me. Is that correct? Or maybe they are burning like 0.001% only or something like those figures. Is burning of supply occurs per annum? Where can I see the writings on this?

Burning XRP? what does it mean, coins are being burned by the company or people should burn the XRP coin.
Then how can they recover the losses to people who invested in XRP, very disgusting.
I have been waiting for the price where XRP should stand for in the market.
Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:35:43 PM

I was thinking of making a coin that is easy convert your money into it. Just post proof of you burning your dollar bills and you get coins.
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:31:02 PM

Every Ripple transaction burns XRP supply. Read it on Ripples website or read more than one page of this topic and find out the hundred other people this has had to be explained to over and over again
vanhalendlrband

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:31:48 PM

Burning XRP? what does it mean, coins are being burned by the company or people should burn the XRP coin.
Then how can they recover the losses to people who invested in XRP, very disgusting.
I have been waiting for the price where XRP should stand for in the market.

I don't think you know what the word disgusting means.

Anyways

Every Ripple transaction burns XRP supply. Nothing disgusting about it.
nellz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:30:21 PM

Why xrp coin still low? Not very worth to hold to long.
vanhalendlrband

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:41:22 PM

Why xrp coin still low? Not very worth to hold to long.

The coin was worth way less just two weeks ago. Be patient.

It was worth 600 sats three weeks ago, now its sitting at 2800 this last two weeks.

With what's going into this coin and the future it has, i would be really amazed if the price never went up again, in fact it would be the first stock or currency ever to not go up with even the slightest bit of news.

Some coins will skyrocket over nothing an dump to 0, the fact this one hasn't done this and has remained a sideways market for 2 weeks means its most likely going to go up soon, and a lot.

Honestly i'm hopin it can wait a few more days till i get paid so i can dump more of my money into this.
ladiesBTC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

🌟🌟

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:19:47 PM

how about a good news story with XRP
will kah really going to happen on the 19th will skyrocket go to the planet Uranus

I hope that does happen and I benefit from this news

hopefully website Blomberg wrote an article about XRP
by title XRP rocketed to URANUS and leave their competitors  Wink

vanhalendlrband

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:21:25 PM

will kah really going to happen on the 19th will skyrocket go to the planet Uranus

by title XRP rocketed to URANUS and leave their competitors  Wink

https://payments.nacha.org/

Payments 2017 convention taking place next week and Ripple is presenting at 2 seperate booths and their booth is right beside the main NACHA booth on the floor.

IBM is there and many other big players, on the other side of Ripple is the Shazam booth.

I imagine we will be hearing some news leading up to this big event for Ripple from April 23rd to April 26th in Austin Texas.

http://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/NACHAPayments/2017/Public/eventmap.aspx?shExhList=1 some pretty major banks at this event as well. American Express, Moneygram, Western Union.

This conference is all about making payments faster not just cryptocurrency, Ripple being the only thing there that i can see that can deal with both 1,000 times per second and should be the most relevant booth to what everyone there at this convention is looking for.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:29:50 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 09:42:02 PM by Mrpumperitis

by title XRP rocketed to URANUS and leave their competitors  Wink

https://payments.nacha.org/

Payments 2017 convention taking place next week and Ripple is presenting at 2 seperate booths and their booth is right beside the main NACHA booth on the floor.

IBM is there and many other big players, on the other side of Ripple is the Shazam booth.

I imagine we will be hearing some news leading up to this big event for Ripple from April 23rd to April 26th in Austin Texas.

http://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/NACHAPayments/2017/Public/eventmap.aspx?shExhList=1 some pretty major banks at this event as well. American Express, Moneygram, Western Union.

This conference is all about making payments faster not just cryptocurrency, Ripple being the only thing there that i can see that can deal with both 1,000 times per second and should be the most relevant booth to what everyone there at this convention is looking for.
+1
yeap....all true
i didnt post this because....
ive been trying to accumulate before this news goes mainstream lol lol

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:57:05 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 12:21:25 AM by Mrpumperitis

Just a thought...

As XRP Ripple gains more positive attention and adoption from banks and businesses....
what about the crypto guys?
The big exchanges will need to stock up on XRP ( build liquidity ) btce,coinbase, gemini, okcoin... guys like Winkies, ver, silbert and many more will want alot of XRP...the chinese market....the whales want alot... the crypto day traders and the noobies.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:37:16 PM

<-----imo best tv show of alltime Smiley Smiley

crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:22:18 AM

<-----imo best tv show of alltime Smiley Smiley

That made me Laugh  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:17:51 PM

https://ripple.com/insights/q1-2017-xrp-markets-report/
Market Commentary: A Quiet Start to a Raucous Ending
Though Q1 2017 began much in the same way as Q4 2016, quietly, it ended with a dramatic spike in market activity.
XRP markets failed to show much life until March 23rd, what was easily the most significant day of the quarter.
On March 23, XRP rallied from $0.0072 to $0.0112, a 56% price increase on an impressive $19.7M in volume, a 1103% increase over the average daily volume up to that point in Q1. Clearly something had changed, but why such a powerful shift in sentiment? Though always difficult to discern in real time, in hindsight, a few key developments may have had an impact.

As the month drew to a close, the Bitcoin scaling debate raged on with no end in sight.
    Throughout the quarter, Ripple, became more vocal about its commitment to XRP and the Ripple Consensus Ledger (RCL) as part of its long-term strategy.
    Ripple announced a new relationship with BitGo to build an enterprise wallet, as well as Payment Channels and Escrow, important RCL features that increase transaction throughput to levels comparable with those of Visa’s network.
    Ripple continued to sign up banks to commercially deploy its enterprise blockchain solution and join its global payments network. Announcements included the addition of MUFG, the world’s third largest bank, 47 banks in Japan and network expansion into the Middle East and India through NBAD and Axis Bank.
And finally Mrpumperitis joined
never been a fan of XRP,
However i was impressed with the the video i saw today.....
https://ripple.com/solutions/retail-remittances/#demovideo

could xrp be the next multi-billion $ coin?

Of course. XRP is another centralized coin like ETHF.
If someone pumps a billion they will have a billion coin.
Of course, there will be a lot of suckers dreaming of becoming millionaires and buying that coin but at the end, if they don't dump on time, they'll just be bagholders when dust settles.
ive never heard of ETHF, is that a new coin?  Tongue

ok , im gonna pump 1 Billion$$ into XRP..... Smiley
hopefully the suckers do become millionaires  Wink  
Smiley Wink

We also look forward to having a large presence at Consensus in New York in May. Shocked

In addition, you may want to watch out for specific announcements in Q2 regarding potential ways to use RCL’s new Escrow feature, as well as our plan to implement a systematic markets operation program designed to add liquidity to the market especially during volatile periods.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:47:41 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 08:09:38 PM by Mrpumperitis

<------------- wants more XRP  Cool
https://www.paymentssource.com/news/as-cross-border-market-heats-up-ripple-builds-a-bigger-rail
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/660qyv/as_crossborder_market_heats_up_ripple_builds_a/

awesome work...this is just the start of something that will completely change the finance world forever.

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/bitgo-develop-secure-enterprise-wallet-ripples-xrp/
Thursday, 16/02/2017
BitGo to Develop Secure Enterprise Wallet for Ripple’s XRP
BitGo CEO on Ripple: "I believe they are well positioned to disrupt global settlement via blockchain.”
Partnering with Ripple and working with the technology behind the RCL and XRP has been outstanding. They have a dedicated and experienced group of developers. The RCL has been processing and validating transactions on the network since 2013, closing a ledger every five seconds. This team understands crypto and traditional finance extremely well and I believe they are well positioned to disrupt global settlement via blockchain.”

seven.71

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

live the dream but don't live the dream

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:57:17 PM

is there any good news about XRP on 19??

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:16:41 PM

I hope, everyone read this article, link provided by the member f0rmdeep:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1873763.msg18622582#msg18622582

Ripple is on its way to change the finance world for sure!
And XRP is ment as connecting link for all the private ledgers.
So sooner or later:
This coin will rocket so much, that it will leave this universe behind.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:21:20 PM

is there any good news about XRP on 19??

nah nothing major....just the usual federal reserve meeting  Roll Eyes Cheesy

btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:17:49 AM

Even though volume is very high, but the price XRP is not increasing. I have been trading XRP many days now always it is not more higher than 2800Sats. XRP has great potential than why the prce is not increasing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: