Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:09:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:26:01 AM

Really a nice project. Good luck!
All because of the guy with the photo on top of your post. Satoshi EK  Smiley

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:29:40 AM

I would make sure that not 10 people start making 10 websites at once! I lost track of it, but it feels like we have multiple websites at the moment.
Maybe doing one on github would be the best first step? We already have a repository for it, don't we? Just the content is missing.

I think you´re right. There was at least one website with only content missing
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:59:05 PM

Testing is at block 10,000 now!  Thank you all who're doing the testing .

http://elasticexplorer.org/

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
puffer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 01:02:35 PM

i'm in since the beginning good job, good luck all, finger crossed.

Quibus in rebus duo maxime fugienda sunt – ne quid effeminatum aut molle, et ne quid durum aut rusticum sit
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 10:43:48 PM

I'd be happy to contribute a BTC or so to the foundation funds, although I do not believe twistelaar is capable of properly managing the funds (or the community, for that matter).

@EK I think you're obviously the most trusted and capable person who can pull this - are you up for that extra workload?

Based on what do you think I can not properly manage the project in the right direction?

EK said it already 10 times, he just loves to create the platform and doesn't want to manage the business side of the project. He already asked several times if the community want to step forward and take the leadership so we can move forward.

I offer to do this, because nobody else yet offered to take leadership and manage the project in the right direction, if somebody else thinks he can do this in a great way, PLEASE step forward and do it.

Beside that we all have to look how we can contribute to add value to the project.

@twistelaar, What experience do you have in managing a project of this caliber and will you bring other trusted people on board? I was trying to find the thread where you stated something about it, but couldn't find it.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:55:56 PM

Check his post history re: Qora.

I'm not sure why you are attacking someone who is offering to help.  You can simply decline his offer, or come up with a better solution.
cryptodv

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 11:19:25 PM

I'd be happy to contribute a BTC or so to the foundation funds, although I do not believe twistelaar is capable of properly managing the funds (or the community, for that matter).

@EK I think you're obviously the most trusted and capable person who can pull this - are you up for that extra workload?

Based on what do you think I can not properly manage the project in the right direction?

EK said it already 10 times, he just loves to create the platform and doesn't want to manage the business side of the project. He already asked several times if the community want to step forward and take the leadership so we can move forward.

I offer to do this, because nobody else yet offered to take leadership and manage the project in the right direction, if somebody else thinks he can do this in a great way, PLEASE step forward and do it.

Beside that we all have to look how we can contribute to add value to the project.

@twistelaar, What experience do you have in managing a project of this caliber and will you bring other trusted people on board? I was trying to find the thread where you stated something about it, but couldn't find it.

I have previously managed QORA coin. I was the community manager and my tasks where mainly organising and giving instructions, so finding new devs, designers, website builders, setting up marketing campaigns(more then 2k followers on twitter), giving updates to the community, managing social media, making sure everybody did their tasks on time and so on.

In real life I have a mining start up.
I have a pretty big network in crypto around the world. I'm in several private groups and I can always find the right people to push the project forward.

My skills are mainly in organising, structuring, managing, communication and the business side of the project.

I'm happy to contribute with my skills. I offer to do this, because nobody else offers it, I want to see this project to succeed, just like anybody else in the community.

But again, if anybody else has more experience in managing a big project and feels confident of doing this, please step forward.

Your resume sound impeccable, but what happened with the funds over at Qora that a user here is mentioning? I just want to get the facts right.

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
cryptodv

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 11:24:30 PM

But again, if anybody else has more experience in managing a big project and feels confident of doing this, please step forward.

Well, I've been a community manager for Waves throughout their ICO, and considering both their ICO and current post-ICO success, I would say I did a better job.

And you would like to get paid in XEL or BTC, or are you one of the donators of Elastic?

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:24:52 PM

Check his post history re: Qora.

I'm not sure why you are attacking someone who is offering to help.  You can simply decline his offer, or come up with a better solution.
Sorry if I came off as aggressive, but I believe his handling of funds a couple of years ago in Qora were suspicious to say the least.

That aside, I think the best way to go forward with the foundation idea is if we can set up a 2-3 multi-sig wallet with EK, an escrow and two other trusted members and have all fund releases approved by community voting.

What do you think?

i mentioned something similar a few pages ago .

best option would be 5 people with a 3 of 5 multi sig key(or 4 of 6), this is 60% required consensus on spending decisions and doesn't restrict access to funds if 2 of those people suddenly go offline and don't appear for months or years, which if someone isn't online and goes offline , the funds can then also be moved and someone else voted to the foundation .

Set up the voting /nomination process now , set up voting like we have done previously for all holders weighted votes to who they want to be part of the foundation and we could have a foundation with 4-6 members in it within a week or 2, all able to work on different fields and areas that require work to be done . if the right people are voted in a lot of the things we need made will be of little cost.  

they can also work together to formulate a consistent clear development/roadmap plan to work towards .
coralreefer

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:29:18 PM

What do you think?

I can only state what I've read in the thread...EK does not want to be a part of running a project, especially the funding part of one...

This project used to be about working on an innovative project doing something unique...for me, it didn't (and still doesn't matter) if it ever goes to mainnet...I have no stake in this project, I simply found it interesting to work on.  

There is still so much work to make this project a reality...but the focus is still around how soon we launch.  In my view we need more talented devs...there is a lot of coding to be done, I really don't want to spend more than a few hours a week on this (and right now I have a ton of work ahead of me), and if you just wait for EK to do it by himself it will be ages until it's done.

I wrote the ElasticPL engine (it is used by all SN's and miners...without it...there is no Elastic) and it still needs a lot of work.  So maybe EK doesn't need any help, but I could use help with the ElasticPL engine...it is incredibly complicated, and I'm trying to enhance it to take it make it more usable / marketable.

I'm not trying to influence any decision here...this is just the state of where we are at as I see it.
jibble

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:51:10 PM

Right so we have 2 people who have said they are interested in providing services , the best way would be for multiple people to be part of the foundation (more resources, more skills working towards goals)

twistelaar

AhmedAshraf

Does anyone else think they offer the project any skills that they might be able to use and help towards expanding the project in multiple other areas?

can anyone think of other peoples to nominate to said positions so they could be voted in by general consensus.

can we get a thread going on perhaps the other elastic forum the one with the logo competition , so it doesn't clog this thread up , to nominate the multiples of people who could help advance the elastic project. then after we have a good field of 10 or so potential candidates , vote on the 5-6 who they see would best benefit the project to work together in the foundation.

mr.coinzy

Activity: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:23:20 AM

This mutual bashing here is inappropriate and infecting this nice thread with a very bad taste.
I think this project needs a foundation with several trusted members and a multi sig wallet (who will these members be? good question).
Other than that I have to say honestly that I do not feel we currently have any sufficiently trustworthy willing candidate to take over the helms (Sorry guys, but this is my feeling, nothing personal).
I liked the fact that this project took decisions by voting and that people where willing to volunteer. That was the spirit that mde this project something different.
jibble

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:47:07 AM

This mutual bashing here is inappropriate and infecting this nice thread with a very bad taste.
I think this project needs a foundation with several trusted members and a multi sig wallet (who will these members be? good question).
Other than that I have to say honestly that I do not feel we currently have any sufficiently trustworthy willing candidate to take over the helms (Sorry guys, but this is my feeling, nothing personal).
I liked the fact that this project took decisions by voting and that people where willing to volunteer. That was the spirit that mde this project something different.

this is why the best option is for a voted in foundation , it is people volunteering their time to act as a foundation member expanding the reach of elastic and promoting it , no foundation member would be paid for such a role .

These positions could also be regularly voted for , every 6-12 months , this keeps fresh blood , while incentivizing those in their foundation positions to work their ass off to keep their position , no able to safely do whatever without fear of if doing poorly they will be replaced.

There isn't anyone really qualified except perhaps the main 3-4 people who have been doing the 99% of the work already done but have already voiced their not wanting to be on foundation . This is why it would be safer and better to have 3-5 foundation board members. No one person who has been with the project from the beginning has the skills so we can combine the skills and abilities of multiple people , while allowing that to provide more safety to decision making in regards to foundation work.

One of the foundations main passive goals should also be on working towards automation or decentralization of the foundation so that in the future the holders of the coin are effectively the foundation , decentralizing it and removing the centralization of potential power from a small amount of peoples 
coralreefer

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:00:39 AM

Well, I don't know what to say....

I tried to post a while back that I need help coding the ElasticPL engine...but it go buried under 2 pages of pure crap.....then they deleted the crap...

I just don't understand this project...I personally don't care if it goes to mainnet or not...I have asked for months to find a way to get more devs involved...

It's like people here just can't understand what is posted....you just read what you want to read....whether or not EK needs help coding....I need help with the ElasticPL engine....I don't get paid to work on this....there is a ton of coding to be done...

So maybe EK is your satoshi, whatever...it's my code that is holding things up...and as of now...I don't see it being done any time before December (you pick the year)
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:17:17 AM

I have previously managed QORA coin. I was the community manager and my tasks where mainly organising and giving instructions, so finding new devs, designers, website builders, setting up marketing campaigns(more then 2k followers on twitter), giving updates to the community, managing social media, making sure everybody did their tasks on time and so on.

In real life I have a mining start up.
I have a pretty big network in crypto around the world. I'm in several private groups and I can always find the right people to push the project forward.

My skills are mainly in organising, structuring, managing, communication and the business side of the project.

I'm happy to contribute with my skills. I offer to do this, because nobody else offers it, I want to see this project to succeed, just like anybody else in the community.

Your resume sound impeccable, but what happened with the funds over at Qora that a user here is mentioning? I just want to get the facts right.

Thanks! we just had a discussion here that was not adding anything to this thread, so we agreed to delete those posts. Regarding to the funds, I was paid 50% of the amount agreed on initially by the qora dev for my work and the other 50% he didnt paid, because he left the project and disappeared. At the moment I left the project after accomplished many tasks successfully I compensated my self for all the efforts I did for the project(this amount was way less then the other 50% which the dev didnt pay), I did this with approval of the other main leader of the project and we where fully transparent about this to the community. Above user was at that time following the project as well and didn't agree with that decision. 

Anyways, we all want this project to succeed and I will help where I can help.
jibble

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:29:03 AM

I tried to post a while back that I need help coding the ElasticPL engine...but it go buried under 2 pages of pure crap.....then they deleted the crap...

I just don't understand this project...I personally don't care if it goes to mainnet or not...I have asked for months to find a way to get more devs involved...

It's like people here just can't understand what is posted....you just read what you want to read....whether or not EK needs help coding....I need help with the ElasticPL engine....I don't get paid to work on this....there is a ton of coding to be done...

So maybe EK is your satoshi, whatever...it's my code that is holding things up...and as of now...I don't see it being done any time before December (you pick the year)

This is one of the reasons for forming a foundation , to set focus, to start collectively working together towards the goals that are required to get this project developed and written so it functions as well as possible .

There is many different discussions here but usually not much comes out of it , There have been multiple people who have offered their skills in creating a website but it has taken far longer than it should for the website to be made, now this isn't anyone's fault in particular , the information to go on said website isn't exactly all in 1 place and requires reading walls of text in search of the simplest of answers , making the designing of such a website difficult if you don't have all the required details .

The foundation will hopefully solve this problem , we can get the most qualified people who are nominated to work together , get an active plan written out about which direction we are going to take this , what needs to be made, what needs to be coded , who needs help in what areas, where are all the resources and information for the coin, they will need to create a blueprint of what needs to be done and which issues are of most importance , like the issue you are facing right now , and together working actively to solve said problems.

Hopefully developing the base information and resources for the elastic project will inform and attract the attention of others who have not seen or heard of the project yet , the easy to read information makes it less of a hassle for them to learn and understand it , this will hopefully attract a few people interested in helping in multiple different areas that require such work needing to be done.

If all else fails fundraising and hiring a dev might be an option , honestly thou i don't like that option as i see it as a huge insult to the people who have already been working their asses off for the project with little to no help whatsoever financially and any option of hiring someone would include payments for those already doing a bulk of the work .

But these issues can be voted on and discussed regularly , reaching a group consensus on what needs to be done or what we can achieve said goals
zebrarius

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:46:44 AM

Any news when mainnet will be live?
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:01:25 AM

Coralreefer, thank you for your honesty. I think after the lite wallet , the foundation will come and all our SatoshiES will be well compensated. I am a big believer after our devs get invested in XEL , the excitement of the job will come back .

tomkat

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:29:26 AM

@coralreefer: although you don't care about mainnet, we actually urgently need lite wallet and ... the mainnet, just because we need tradable token and then foundation

So please someone start a poll

Proposal for poll options

- Lite wallet allowing transfers [a week of work for EK]
- MVP described by EK here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg18931600#msg18931600 [needs ETA from EK and/or coralreefer, but probably few months minimum]
- Full product [undefined features, undefined time]
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:33:08 AM

@coralreefer: although you don't care about mainnet, we actually urgently need lite wallet and ... the mainnet, just because we need tradable token and then foundation

So please someone start a poll

Proposal for poll options

- Lite wallet allowing transfers [a week of work for EK]
- MVP described by EK here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg18931600#msg18931600 [needs ETA from EK and/or coralreefer, but probably few months minimum]
- Full product [undefined features, undefined time]
or even simpler option : Lite wallet .....YES.         NO

Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: