Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450432 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:31:56 AM

Just make a poll

Litewallet yes
Litewallet no

to end this discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:47:50 AM

I would hate to see this project get hijacked by individual that appeared month or so ago and already making statements and promises to other as "community".

Friends, have a patience, please.

This can be amazing project if we won't ruin it with greed. Till now the progress was great and at some point there will be change, but please, use your common sense, don't let "satoshi chasers" ruin this project for all of us and make it one more very promising at beginning but failed at the end project.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:16:43 AM

Folks relax,

we will have a voting. The voting (as it stands right now) will have two options: Lite Wallet Yes, Lite Wallet No. Or (if you prefer another wording) Lite Wallet and Full Client.

BOTH options won't be a catastrophic outcome for the overall project at all. A Lite Wallet has it's advantages and so has waiting for a Full Client. But it's not like we "cripple" the project just cause we choose one of those options. EK already stated we could add new features as a softfork in case we choose the way of a Lite Wallet and it costs him maybe a week of work.

It may be suboptimal in terms of marketprice and yes (as i said before) it would be nice to enter the markets with a "Bam!" but it's not like it's a difference of day and night. Would just be a nice to have, that's all.

And regarding the foundation: That's another question and should not be connected with the Lite Wallet voting.
yosir

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:33:39 AM

Folks relax,

we will have a voting. The voting (as it stands right now) will have two options: Lite Wallet Yes, Lite Wallet No. Or (if you prefer another wording) Lite Wallet and Full Client.

BOTH options won't be a catastrophic outcome for the overall project at all. A Lite Wallet has it's advantages and so has waiting for a Full Client. But it's not like we "cripple" the project just cause we choose one of those options. EK already stated we could add new features as a softfork in case we choose the way of a Lite Wallet and it costs him maybe a week of work.

It may be suboptimal in terms of marketprice and yes (as i said before) it would be nice to enter the markets with a "Bam!" but it's not like it's a difference of day and night. Would just be a nice to have, that's all.

And regarding the foundation: That's another question and should not be connected with the Lite Wallet voting.

I am not talking about different opinions, which are all relevant and have pros and cons. I am talking about certain individual who push himself into power position so bluntly that I begin to wonder about his motives.
And I do believe that the one's who did all the "heavy lifting" and the actual work/QA ( + maybe early donors like me) , are the one's who should choose the direction in which this project will go or at least have a veto about it's progress. People like you, that were active long ago before "let's go to exchange/ICO/etc. " 's came.
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:39:24 AM

I'm lurking in this thread since the beginning and I always was impressed by the great spirit in this community. Since some time this spirit is in danger.
Everybody who interested in this project must understand that our great developers just do this work because they want to, because they like the project and the nice spirit here. If you destroy this you could destroy everything... so especially the "greedy ones" should stay calm. If you don't do it because you love this groundbreaking crypto project... do it because it is also makes sense in an economical point of view.

Elastic is on the way to make history... there is no rush. I understand that there is NOW a great bubble and many would like to sell NOW for huge profit. But if you let the developers make there great job and give them the time they need you will get even richer  ;-)
quality wins on the long run !

My thanks to our great devs and the community. I'm glad I bought a little bit ... I wished it would have been more :-)

go on and let elastic come true!

Thx
meyer

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

Just be very aware of couple people that are using this uncertainty we have right now to make a 200 BTC savior and bring us the Twitter account ( which is free), website and other promises. I love to see Elastic to come with a bam ( I stole this from IMI), but even if not now, we know the " Bam" will come , meantime the keepers don't have to sell ( we actually can add to our positions). Then our Elastic Foundation will come alive using the XEL contribution and we wouldn't need to come up with " at least 200 BTC " from desperation.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:42:04 PM

Although the conversation has again shifted back to a vote about a lite wallet, I'm still not sure what I perceive as the main issue is being addressed....how do we get more devs to help with the coding? 

I just don't want people to go vote for a lite wallet, and we still end up with the same issue.  Having BTC/XEL in a fund won't speed up my progress...I only work on this in my free time when I have nothing else going on...funding won't change that.

So whatever you vote for, the question still remains...how do you get a C programmer (experienced w/ high volume networking...which I'm not) to work on the ElasticPL engine.  Of course they can code in a different language, but that would require porting over everything I've done.
ronald0cz

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:51:29 PM

Hi, guys! I like Elastic idea and concept but I can't understand one thing. Can I buy it now or there is no possibility to do it at this time?
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:52:21 PM

Although the conversation has again shifted back to a vote about a lite wallet, I'm still not sure what I perceive as the main issue is being addressed....how do we get more devs to help with the coding? 

I just don't want people to go vote for a lite wallet, and we still end up with the same issue.  Having BTC/XEL in a fund won't speed up my progress...I only work on this in my free time when I have nothing else going on...funding won't change that.

So whatever you vote for, the question still remains...how do you get a C programmer (experienced w/ high volume networking...which I'm not) to work on the ElasticPL engine.  Of course they can code in a different language, but that would require porting over everything I've done.

Totally get your point.
The key advantage we have is, that the SN part is entirely disconnected from the core client. This would allow us to start with a "PoC" SN node (which is slower due to task switching) and improve it gradually. This would not require any changes to the core client. To make it even easier, we could think about defining a Bounty-only version as the MVP (to mitigate the fast task switching thing) and move to PoW later on. What do you think?

Regarding the task switching, I already got an idea. Switching libraries sucks, but what if we compile one big library with different functions (run_28727427, run_27627424, run_129929292). This library could be generated every time new work is detected and would only be needed to be loaded once. I could assist with it (or do most of it)
vivabux

Activity: 516

MoonDeFi

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:34:35 PM

Guys what is the progress and movement to mainnet in any there?

MOONDEFI

Powered by,
unvoid

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:52:37 PM

Vote for mainet (lite) will start right after logo voting will end.

BTC: 1CMgHWx4wkAaAy2FfeCyPdedUExmhGhfi5
XEL: XEL-HCM8-KB6E-YFLK-8BWMF
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:53:51 PM

Totally get your point.
The key advantage we have is, that the SN part is entirely disconnected from the core client. This would allow us to start with a "PoC" SN node (which is slower due to task switching) and improve it gradually. This would not require any changes to the core client. To make it even easier, we could think about defining a Bounty-only version as the MVP (to mitigate the fast task switching thing) and move to PoW later on. What do you think?

Regarding the task switching, I already got an idea. Switching libraries sucks, but what if we compile one big library with different functions (run_28727427, run_27627424, run_129929292). This library could be generated every time new work is detected and would only be needed to be loaded once. I could assist with it (or do most of it)

Would it be SN that has to recompile the library every time a new work is added?
If so, do you guys have any concerns about an adversary submitting cheap work repeatedly to make SN go slower due to CPU being used for compiling?
Also, what if an adversary submits the jobs very quickly and the SN can't keep up with producing the needed library. Would it create a queue that would build up and make the SN unable to validate jobs?

coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:18:05 PM

Totally get your point.

Would it be SN that has to recompile the library every time a new work is added?
If so, do you guys have any concerns about an adversary submitting cheap work repeatedly to make SN go slower due to CPU being used for compiling?
Also, what if an adversary submits the jobs very quickly and the SN can't keep up with producing the needed library. Would it create a queue that would build up and make the SN unable to validate jobs?

lda1000, yes those are the type of concerns we are working through.  They are complex issues which are requiring parts of the workflow to be redesigned.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:33:37 PM

Perhaps a bounty program such as Monero has could be used to pay for the much needed development work, its been quite successful for Monero.  Community votes for certain bounty proposals put forth by coders with their funds directly.  Once the required amount of funds is collected for that particular piece of the application the developer starts working and gets compensated based on agreed upon milestones.

The only issue with paid coders is that typically they write poor quality code, just enough to satisfy the technical requirements of the proposal in order to get compensated.  I know that some effort is involved on the part of the core team to screen potential coders.

This would be more feasible if the lite wallet mechanism existed allowing people to contribute the XEL tokens themselves to the proposals which could then be sold on exchanges to pay developers if they wanted to get paid in BTC.

Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:32:36 AM

Perhaps a bounty program such as Monero has could be used to pay for the much needed development work, its been quite successful for Monero.  Community votes for certain bounty proposals put forth by coders with their funds directly.  Once the required amount of funds is collected for that particular piece of the application the developer starts working and gets compensated based on agreed upon milestones.

The only issue with paid coders is that typically they write poor quality code, just enough to satisfy the technical requirements of the proposal in order to get compensated.  I know that some effort is involved on the part of the core team to screen potential coders.

This would be more feasible if the lite wallet mechanism existed allowing people to contribute the XEL tokens themselves to the proposals which could then be sold on exchanges to pay developers if they wanted to get paid in BTC.

I agree with the Lite wallet mechanism. If the devs are invested in XEL, the results are much better.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Tradingriver

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:32:48 AM

Totally get your point.

Hey you both!

It seems to me, you both are the most important people for the project. I am for launching "something", the point is you both have to support this solution. I think we need a solution
who will support your efforts the best. We have no funds to support your efforts, but I would be willing to send XEL to you both. I like how you held to this project and kept it alive.

I would suggest you both speak what you want and this is the route we go.

In my opinion, I would prefer to launch an MVP in 1-2 month if possible, because I think it will be good for the whole project if XEL can be exchanged. We can compensate interested people and can get more help for you both on board. My focus is to help you in any way possible. If you do not feel that you need help I am fine with the status right now, but you could take the opportunity to the impatient people and form a structure to help your task.

I am supporting every road you both want to go, but pls provide clear statements what you want like

1. Lite wallet - no
2. MVP - yes
3. starting near perfection - yes

cheers
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:32:55 AM

Is there any procedure for claiming the token from the ICO?
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:37:26 AM

There's no guarantee for MVP to be ready in 1-2 months. As per Coralreefer, just one of the components of MVP might be ready by December ( he even said pick the year ! , December 2018 ?). Despite titles like " Greedy", " Inpatient ",..... I still think the simple Lite wallet is a good start and after that, also speculation will make this project grow technically and financially. We can donate XEL to the devs, advertisement, etc. and the devs will be invested in the project so their work will benefit them as well, instead of a contract worker getting paid by a limited Bitcoin and after the work is done, they will be gone.
Please don't think through your emotions, think logically what's best for this project in the long run.

tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:08:59 AM

There's no guarantee for MVP to be ready in 1-2 months. As per Coralreefer, just one of the components of MVP might be ready by December ( he even said pick the year ! , December 2018 ?). Despite titles like " Greedy", " Inpatient ",..... I still think the simple Lite wallet is a good start and after that, also speculation will make this project grow technically and financially. We can donate XEL to the devs, advertisement, etc. and the devs will be invested in the project so their work will benefit them as well, instead of a contract worker getting paid by a limited Bitcoin and after the work is done, they will be gone.
Please don't think through your emotions, think logically what's best for this project in the long run.

Yep, looks like we have agreement for lite wallet YES/NO voting, so let's wait for logo voting to end first.

Then unvoid will start lite wallet poll.

Again, tradable token will allow for funding current developers, and attract new ones to help coralreefer and EK.

Perhaps, thanks to this, we'll have MVP ealier than December (this year).
yosir

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:10:50 AM

Is there any procedure for claiming the token from the ICO?

Hi MsCollec,

There was no ICO, but only voluntary donations.
You can't claim your XEL till we have mainnet, and this will happen later. When exactly - nobody knows.
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: