Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:29:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450426 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
classicly

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:27:08 AM

I can't believe that we can't find a motivated C dev with networking experience to work on this project. How is that possible with so much talent in these forums? Did anyone put any formal ad for this somewhere?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:28:43 AM

Logo chosen!

New logo thread to take care of source files and payout:

https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/we-have-the-winning-logo/222

Excellent choice guys! I like it very much. Don't know who made it, but thanks! Smiley

great!

I vote for this logo

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:31:35 AM

Seems we will have a mainnet (light wallet version) in 2-3 weeks!

That's really a nice move to let people change hands and attract new people.

And

Elastic is better than Golem and iEX !

running farm worldwide
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:44:46 AM

I would hate to see this project get hijacked by individual that appeared month or so ago and already making statements and promises to other as "community"

We have a democratic voting system. We listen to anyone , even ones that offer 200 BTC twitter account  Wink , but at the end we make a logical decision.

The biggest flaw in democracy, which looks great "on the paper", is that not always people make rational descisions as it assumed or have enought knowledge/ability to make one or make their descision for the small immidiate gane instead of  longterm benefit due to various reasons - You can see it at politics almost on daily basis.

And I have not started to talk about situation, like this project, when most of project is done by few individuals, and their idea can be "overuled" by votes of many that have not done anything besides give small donation.  ( that is the reason that I havn't voted by the way and will do it hapilly if EK (for example) will voice his preffered opinion so I can follow it).

But again, maybe I am wrong. Cheesy
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:54:57 AM

I would hate to see this project get hijacked by individual that appeared month or so ago and already making statements and promises to other as "community"

We have a democratic voting system. We listen to anyone , even ones that offer 200 BTC twitter account  Wink , but at the end we make a logical decision.

The biggest flaw in democracy, which looks great "on the paper", is that not always people make rational descisions as it assumed or have enought knowledge/ability to make one or make their descision for the small immidiate gane instead of  longterm benefit due to various reasons - You can see it at politics almost on daily basis.

And I have not started to talk about situation, like this project, when most of project is done by few individuals, and their idea can be "overuled" by votes of many that have not done anything besides give small donation.  ( that is the reason that I havn't voted by the way and will do it hapilly if EK (for example) will voice his preffered opinion so I can follow it).

I can't DISAGREE more ! First of all , we have EK's blessing on the vote ( so you don't have to create a chaos here), second of all the whole purpose of Lite wallet is : 1) Create a Foundation that would benefit our scientists specially EK ( who wants to save all the kola bears). 2) Bring new people to this project and have them invested. 3) Let the sellers sell, and the longs buy more  Cool In summary, with enough funding, liquid asset, more dev help this project will progress every day faster than ever. Call this democracy or whatever you want, but it's good for the long run.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
yosir

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:21:23 AM

I can't DISAGREE more ! First of all , we have EK's blessing on the vote ( so you don't have to create a chaos here), second of all the whole purpose of Lite wallet is : 1) Create a Foundation that would benefit our scientists specially EK ( who wants to save all the kola bears). 2) Bring new people to this project and have them invested. 3) Let the sellers sell, and the longs buy more  Cool In summary, with enough funding, liquid asset, more dev help this project will progress every day faster than ever. Call this democracy or whatever you want, but it's good for the long run.

I can't AGREE more ! But I am not talking about pros and cons of Lite wallet.
I am talking about something else and I can't see how I "create a chaos here".   Cheesy
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:45:07 AM

I am talking about something else and I can't see how I "create a chaos here".   Cheesy
As I said, unless it's a work related or family problems, you can discuss everything freely and clearly to the point .

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
yosir

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:53:20 AM

As I said, unless it's a work related or family problems, you can discuss everything freely and clearly to the point .
Hmm... Thank you for your permission... 
Let's stop it here. It's clearly became not constructive.
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:13:12 AM

People, please go vote ! Your opinion counts  Smiley

BTCspace

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:44:29 AM

@yossir you cant mix fair community voting as we have it here (every participant can give his voice with a vote to a question the community decided it is important to vote about) with "democracy" in our mordern world where yout vote a colour (party) and then they will rule for around 5 years and do decissions for you (mostly influeneced from other things but that would be a long topic).
so our todays system should not even be called democracy as they have nothing to do with it.
elastic is not just some individuals who made a small donation, everyone had the chance to participate it had a ultra fair timeline so we all have been same and people took a big risk during that time to dont know where the project will go to.

so in my opinion its much more fair (and maybe in future even better with a voting system that is more advantaged) to let the community decide what direction we want to go.

100% agree on this!

it's more fair and a better democracy!

running farm worldwide
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 11:54:54 AM

So how does this work now once the wallet is launched? Those who want to sell their XEL would do it OTC or is someone going to contact a reputable exchange?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:58:18 AM

I think warm orange instead of the green will look better. is the choice definite, or can adjustments be made?

I haven't voted, but I would've voted for the green. The vote is over. This is what was chosen by the community and I'm happy with the outcome.

At the end of the day it's about building the brand around the logo, not the logo around the brand.

@twistelaar - What's the point with voting, when you want to change the logo just because you don't like the outcome of the voting, which is what majority selected!

Logo looks great, was selected by fair voting, and as asenski said it's also about building a brand. 

No worries, I also like the logo! Just thought that orange would be nicer, or dark blue. I never really have seen this colour of green in an company's logo.

Next goal after the litenet voting is to setup the foundation  Smiley
BTCspace

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:13:48 PM

So how does this work now once the wallet is launched? Those who want to sell their XEL would do it OTC or is someone going to contact a reputable exchange?

I think few exchanges will list elastic!

running farm worldwide
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:18:57 PM

It's like always: At first 2-3 weeks of OTC trading then some smaller exchange will add XEL eventually. After sometime with eventually good volume a bigger exchange might pick it up. Exchanges usually don't add coins that folks propose to them. They just care about revenue. Take our competitor Golem for example, hundreds of folks contacted them and proposed a Golem listing, but they didnt give a shit. It needed the Liqui-exchange to have revenues ob above 100BTC per day and then they listed Golem as they saw that profits are being made.
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:24:57 PM

It's like always: At first 2-3 weeks of OTC trading then some smaller exchange will add XEL eventually. After sometime with eventually good volume a bigger exchange might pick it up. Exchanges usually don't add coins that folks propose to them. They just care about revenue. Take our competitor Golem for example, hundreds of folks contacted them and proposed a Golem listing, but they didnt give a shit. It needed the Liqui-exchange to have revenues ob above 100BTC per day and then they listed Golem as they saw that profits are being made.
I think Yunbi ( in China) might be interested in XEL. ( just guessing since Chinese investors love supercomputers  Cool )

yosir

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:49:07 PM

@yossir you cant mix fair community voting as we have it here (every participant can give his voice with a vote to a question the community decided it is important to vote about) with "democracy" in our mordern world where yout vote a colour (party) and then they will rule for around 5 years and do decissions for you (mostly influeneced from other things but that would be a long topic).
so our todays system should not even be called democracy as they have nothing to do with it.
elastic is not just some individuals who made a small donation, everyone had the chance to participate it had a ultra fair timeline so we all have been same and people took a big risk during that time to dont know where the project will go to.

so in my opinion its much more fair (and maybe in future even better with a voting system that is more advantaged) to let the community decide what direction we want to go.

I think that we are bit offtopic but yet I will try to explain my point of view in very short way.

I strongly believe that the one's that actually do the hard work - should choose what will be done with it. Donations to projects - are what they are, donations. Not investments. so risk, timeline etc are not relevant as I DONATED to possibility of new great technology that is happening right before our eyes. ( I don't have anything against if I will make mil. or 5 in the process )
Their generosity of people who actually did something in this project, in giving all the work to people should not be exploited even if there is a possibility of it, without them agree to that, which I havn't seen. Thats more or less my problem with all this voting and choosing what to do with someone else's work (not mine, I am too lazy to something like many others - I gave money).

And you correct, Is kind of wierd hybrid of democracy, but yet it has all the problems of it, you never know how proffesional or rational people's votes, but let's leave this subject and focus on Elastic.

Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:59:56 PM

Come on guys, it's too early for the wallet. BTC is not even at $10000. Grin
And the XEL network still can't write books and shitpost on Twitter by itself yet.
gtv756424

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:08:05 PM

One of the most interesting projects in crypto, but it is taking long time to develop.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:07:25 PM

I think that we are bit offtopic but yet I will try to explain my point of view in very short way.

I strongly believe that the one's that actually do the hard work - should choose what will be done with it. Donations to projects - are what they are, donations. Not investments. so risk, timeline etc are not relevant as I DONATED to possibility of new great technology that is happening right before our eyes. ( I don't have anything against if I will make mil. or 5 in the process )
Their generosity of people who actually did something in this project, in giving all the work to people should not be exploited even if there is a possibility of it, without them agree to that, which I havn't seen. Thats more or less my problem with all this voting and choosing what to do with someone else's work (not mine, I am too lazy to something like many others - I gave money).

And you correct, Is kind of wierd hybrid of democracy, but yet it has all the problems of it, you never know how proffesional or rational people's votes, but let's leave this subject and focus on Elastic.

Not sure what's your point actually, but there's discussion each time a decision is required. Then the community votes.
Many ideas were discussed and not all were voted - looks like voting takes places naturally for major decisions only.
As simple as that.

[Edit] There's no way everyone will agree for everything - that's why we vote.
yosir

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:15:38 PM

Not sure what's your point actually, but there's discussion each time a decision is required. Then the community votes.
Many ideas were discussed and not all were voted - looks like voting takes places naturally for major decisions only.
As simple as that.

[Edit] There's no way everyone will agree for everything - that's why we vote.

The most important individuals to this project don't take active part in this discussions and almost no one who actively discuss it - don't take part in actual project development or improvement.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe_Ql5-J2FX1EVVrABcw4Dq1inXGzcVMJK0IFlcFz1SJQJUV_hUQ
As simple as that.
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: