Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:41:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450433 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:45:16 AM

we can put on a vote for "mandatory" donation of some % of XEL on mainnet launch to go to the devs/foundation.

Lol how can people not get it into their heads that avoiding this kind of thing is exactly why people are in crypto.  Any crypto that implements a forced donation will immediately get declared a scam and deservedly so.  People will donate of their own free will now stop spouting the same nonsense over and over again.

I don't know why I am getting so much heat over this.

Forced donation = premine = BTC = Ethereum = almost all crypto projects

and yes ofc it's different after the ICO but here there was no ICO. And the proposal is a democratic vote. Sorry to threaten your precious XELs I just made a simple proposal (repeated it to be exact). All projects have a foundation setup in any case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:19:25 AM

we can put on a vote for "mandatory" donation of some % of XEL on mainnet launch to go to the devs/foundation.

Lol how can people not get it into their heads that avoiding this kind of thing is exactly why people are in crypto.  Any crypto that implements a forced donation will immediately get declared a scam and deservedly so.  People will donate of their own free will now stop spouting the same nonsense over and over again.

I don't know why I am getting so much heat over this.

Forced donation = premine = BTC = Ethereum = almost all crypto projects

and yes ofc it's different after the ICO but here there was no ICO. And the proposal is a democratic vote. Sorry to threaten your precious XELs I just made a simple proposal (repeated it to be exact). All projects have a foundation setup in any case.

Go read back in this thread and you'll find all the discussion and counterarguments to your proposal.

Key aspects again (and again and again):

Forcing users to donate a % of their holdings is theft and having a democratic vote over it doesn't make it any less wrong.

There is no central trusted authority to secure donations.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:41:19 AM

No forced donation, let's all move on and stop dragging this pointless discussion further.
We now must focus on light wallet, materials, website, pr, possible exchanges, and so on.
josegines

Activity: 814
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:51:30 AM

No forced donation, let's all move on and stop dragging this pointless discussion further.
We now must focus on light wallet, materials, website, pr, possible exchanges, and so on.

Totally agree. This discussion has been held several times. Before I thought it was good to set a percentage of donation, after hearing the community I understood that a forced donation is not well seen.
We have to focus on lite wallet, then I am sure the community will make a major effort to donate when it is required to form a foundation.

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:52:37 AM

It is getting more and more frustrating to visit this thread. In particular regarding all this constant theft fudding.
Let's assume it was spent on hookers or lost in las vegas! What exactly was stolen? Nothing! You donated and accepted no rewards in return, the donations were collected to "TRY" to build a super computer: You also did not obtain the right to decide how these donations are required to be spent! So if one possible theoretical way to get the project done is that Lannister spends one Year in Borabora, and keeps the devs attracted with regular selfies showing him on a yacht, then this is PERFECTLY fine.

What I am trying to say is: You donated in the hope that a supercomputer might be built at some point. And it is almost built. What is the problem here? Please stop spreading this constant FUD here! This is not going to help this project!
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:59:08 AM

It is getting more and more frustrating to visit this thread. In particular regarding all this constant theft fudding.
Let's assume it was spent on hookers or lost in las vegas! What exactly was stolen? Nothing! You donated and accepted no rewards in return, the donations were collected to "TRY" to build a super computer: You also did not obtain the right to decide how these donations are required to be spent! So if one possible theoretical way to get the project done is that Lannister spends one Year in Borabora, and keeps the devs attracted with regular selfies showing him on a yacht, then this is PERFECTLY fine.

What I am trying to say is: You donated in the hope that a supercomputer might be built at some point. And it is almost built. What is the problem here? Please stop spreading this constant FUD here! This is not going to help this project!

I think part of the problem is the first post on this thread can't be updated. So this issue gets brought up being thought a helpful and unique perspective, buried, brought up again, buried again, etc. I think it would be a good idea start a new ANN thread when the lite version is launched.

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:00:38 AM

That is by the way the reason why I do not want anything from the community as long as it is somehow connected to Elastic. I don't want to become someone's bitch who will try to decide what I spend my earnings on. No thanks! If it means I am selling my soul, then I'd rather stay poor!
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:11:28 AM

That is by the way the reason why I do not want anything from the community as long as it is somehow connected to Elastic. I don't want to become someone's bitch who will try to decide what I spend my earnings on. No thanks! If it means I am selling my soul, then I'd rather stay poor!

there is alway no brainers come and go. we trust you, respect you. we donate with free will and don't care where the funds.

only matter is we have EK here and forthcoming super computer.
 Cheesy

Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:37:26 AM

EK, I'm sorry you have to come and explain this each time. These nonsense talkers won't stop. Please ignore them. You are much more important mission and all of us that have been with you from day 1 know your integrity, professionalism and dedication. Please ignore the noises.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:53:51 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 12:09:15 PM by coralreefer

I totally understand the feeling. I'm a dev myself and left my cushy job to experiment with p2p and machine learning. I turned down plenty of offers exactly for that reason - so that I can focus on my ideas without anyone forcing me in a specific direction.

I don't think anyone is asking you to be their b*tch. I do want to see your work get rewarded though.

What can we help with? Is there a list of tasks that need help getting done?

If you are a p2p dev, we need to build an interface from the core server back to the SN (miner).  Here's some rough specs:

The interface needs to handle the following:

- Up to 100 TPS for POW validation (including buffers / queues as necessary)
  - Up to 10 TPS for Bounty validation (including buffers / queues as necessary)
  - Up to 1 Txn per 30 sec for Job Submission validation (including buffers / queues as necessary)

( These TPS would are just rough #s that could occur if a author creates a super simple job or in the future state when there are 10's of jobs and hundreds of miners )

- Logic to Temporarily / Permanently blacklist IPs / Job Authors / Miners
  - Protection to ensure spam does not take out the SN

- Protocol is TBD
  - Messages / layout are still TBD

- This interface will be written in C and incorporated into the existing miner

All the validation logic that will be called exists in the miner and was coded by me.  The miner just needs an inbound interface that can handle these requests from multiple core servers.  Details of the interface design would need to be worked through with EK as his code is what would be calling it.
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:33:42 PM

If you are a p2p dev, we need to build an interface from the core server back to the SN (miner).  Here's some rough specs:

The interface needs to handle the following:

- Up to 100 TPS for POW validation (including buffers / queues as necessary)
  - Up to 10 TPS for Bounty validation (including buffers / queues as necessary)
  - Up to 1 Txn per 30 sec for Job Submission validation (including buffers / queues as necessary)

( These TPS would are just rough #s that could occur if a author creates a super simple job or in the future state when there are 10's of jobs and hundreds of miners )

- Logic to Temporarily / Permanently blacklist IPs / Job Authors / Miners
  - Protection to ensure spam does not take out the SN

- Protocol is TBD
  - Messages / layout are still TBD

- This interface will be written in C and incorporated into the existing miner

All the validation logic that will be called exists in the miner and was coded by me.  The miner just needs an inbound interface that can handle these requests from multiple core servers.  Details of the interface design would need to be worked through with EK as his code is what would be calling it.

So, one way the SN hosts can shield themselves from attacks is by hosting their own public nodes, and have the SN only connect to their known public nodes, which will then relay the produced work to the network. This technique worked very well for the BitShares community, where there are only 101 super-delegates, and attacking them could bring the whole network down. So the witness delegate nodes, never accepted incoming connections.

I'll need to dig into the architecture more to understand all the constraints.

One other interface requirement I just remembered...a channel for the core server to get the status of the SN and check how much pending work is in it's queue.  This would be used for load balancing the event the core server is connected to multiple SNs.
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:36:34 PM

Not sure where is the FUD in this thread actually. Everybody has his own opinion about the good of the project with no bad intentions.
yosir

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:45:26 PM

it will be harsh but hey... the good thing it will be my last post here so enjoy

To all "investors" and all people who talks about "forced donation"

Now, till you will funds in your wallet - you have NOTHING, You all, as me, DONATED your money without any promise to return whatsoever
You can't DONATE something that you don't OWN and nobody can't take from you something that YOU DON"T OWN. You will be GIVVEN something that will be decided by the ones who will launch and code mainnet, not because they o! so special, but only because they CAN and DO it.

Nobody FORCING you to do nothing because the descision not up to you what to do with XEL TILL YOU HAVE IT IN YOUR WALLETS - then it's yours and you will do whatever you want and nobody will be able to take it out of your sweaty hands.

You are DONORS and not INVESTORS so try to understand this wierd concept that nobody ows you nothing and you don't have any right besides helping this project.

I didn't care when I donated to site and even havn't got even thank you as one before me  - this is not my goal to have thankyous but the greater good,
I didn't care when my legitimit critisism (for my opinion ofcourse), been answered with personal attacks and FUD accusation without actually have open constructive discussion
I didn't care even about the hypocracy of people, it's anywhere and almost always amusing to hear speeches in greater good as long it does not mean to actually contribute yourself

But the one little thing that actually bother me, is when I offer to hire someone from MY money , not someones but MY PERSONAL USD, not virtual XELs, here and now, to help developers
and I even not get an answer - this one is too much even for me.

C ya donnors and developers, wish you all well and happy life. Hope you all will make tons of satoshies in this very promissing "INVESTMENT".

P.S.
now you can start tell how wrong and pathetic I am, this is the time.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:04:37 PM

it will be harsh but hey... the good thing it will be my last post here so enjoy

Thank God.  I hope he is true to his word but something tells me he will not be.

Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:08:04 PM

Thank God.  I hope he is true to his word but something tells me he will not be.
Haha, you read my mind  Smiley

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:18:34 PM

all of my friend if waiting XEL can be trade, but when ? where?
can' wait
cryptodv

Activity: 1092

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 02:35:01 PM

all of my friend if waiting XEL can be trade, but when ? where?
can' wait

Look at the previous threads. There was a vote in favor of a lite wallet so we can start trading. I just don't know the time frame for the release.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:08:17 PM

I REALLY hope it is his last post.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:27:28 PM

To all "investors" and all people who talks about "forced donation"

Now, till you will funds in your wallet - you have NOTHING, You all, as me, DONATED your money without any promise to return whatsoever
You can't DONATE something that you don't OWN and nobody can't take from you something that YOU DON"T OWN. You will be GIVVEN something that will be decided by the ones who will launch and code mainnet, not because they o! so special, but only because they CAN and DO it.

Nobody FORCING you to do nothing because the descision not up to you what to do with XEL TILL YOU HAVE IT IN YOUR WALLETS - then it's yours and you will do whatever you want and nobody will be able to take it out of your sweaty hands.

You are DONORS and not INVESTORS so try to understand this wierd concept that nobody ows you nothing and you don't have any right besides helping this project.

I didn't care when I donated to site and even havn't got even thank you as one before me  - this is not my goal to have thankyous but the greater good,
I didn't care when my legitimit critisism (for my opinion ofcourse), been answered with personal attacks and FUD accusation without actually have open constructive discussion
I didn't care even about the hypocracy of people, it's anywhere and almost always amusing to hear speeches in greater good as long it does not mean to actually contribute yourself

But the one little thing that actually bother me, is when I offer to hire someone from MY money , not someones but MY PERSONAL USD, not virtual XELs, here and now, to help developers
and I even not get an answer - this one is too much even for me.

C ya donnors and developers, wish you all well and happy life. Hope you all will make tons of satoshies in this very promissing "INVESTMENT".

P.S.
now you can start tell how wrong and pathetic I am, this is the time.

Goodbye and good luck.
Now that the melodrama is over we can move on to better things.
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:24:47 PM

waiting for light wallet soon

great!

Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: