Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:34:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread  (Read 43540 times)
ms205

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:16:30 AM

Sorry for my stupid questions, but where I can create "ticket" about no trade-in email? No contact information in Avalon web sites present...
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:21:09 AM

http://support.avalon-asic.com/support/login

greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:31:25 PM

still no trade-in or batch #3 update.  tues 7/16/2013

Yifu you should make trade-ins your #1 priority.

d-posseeee

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:45:03 PM

No mail....no payment address for trade in ticket #985

duketogo

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:42:46 AM

I find the treatment of trade in customers shameful. There is really no excuse for such poor communication and customer service.
ms205

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:18:41 AM

Thank You!
ms205

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:30:33 AM

My support ticket is #1357.
ms205

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:36:27 AM

If I can get some additional Icarus boards, what will be if I send it to trade-in address now? It completely useless but I not want lost it by sending to nonfunctional address. Who knows, given trade-in address is real Avalon team address or it is some mediator and it's address can be changed/removed anytime?
dylan186

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:02:11 AM

still no email ,no order im my store account
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 08:00:35 AM

If I can get some additional Icarus boards, what will be if I send it to trade-in address now? It completely useless but I not want lost it by sending to nonfunctional address. Who knows, given trade-in address is real Avalon team address or it is some mediator and it's address can be changed/removed anytime?

Trade in program is closed as far as I know.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:02:40 AM

I'm surprised it was open to customers who did not order from ngzhang directly, but whatever....

My status: Apr 23rd trade-in, no email, no order, no response to ticket #961 (created on June 12th, 2013 Wink)

I was surprised too. But as you say, whatever. In other news, it appears the Avalon store website is experiencing some technical difficulties. Just 2 minutes ago I decided to do my usual F5 ritual (to check to see if the order status has changed at all) and I got a "server error" with the following error code: 500.

gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:32:32 AM

Reference?
I've tried to follow what happens in the trade-in program since the beginning and I've not seen any indication that it was closed. I've kept my Icarus because the trade-in process was fuzzy at best but I'm about to send some right now as there's been report of progress (one user with a reply from Avalon)...

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
koob

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:37:17 AM

Reference?
I've tried to follow what happens in the trade-in program since the beginning and I've not seen any indication that it was closed. I've kept my Icarus because the trade-in process was fuzzy at best but I'm about to send some right now as there's been report of progress (one user with a reply from Avalon)...

So you didint want to take a risk, yet you want Avalon at funny price ? I doubt they will honour your order.
gyverlb

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:51:45 AM

Reference?

So you didint want to take a risk, yet you want Avalon at funny price ? I doubt they will honour your order.

Funny price? I don't expect special treatment: I'll pay the same price than everyone else in the trade-in program (if indeed there's still one).

There shouldn't be any risk out of the ordinary involved with a trade-in program. I would have sent my boards earlier if I had understood what was going on.

Let's see what happened in my case :
  • I missed the batch1 ordering like many others
  • I waited for the trade-in program and missed the first wave of batch2 orders doing so
  • I didn't see any sign of the trade-in program and hastily got one order in the second wave of batch2 orders (just got it yesterday although it was expected in April initially and I paid 55+BTC for it)
  • Then I waited to confirm that there was indeed still a trade-in program, this was confirmed last week

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
koob

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:56:54 AM

• I waited for the trade-in program and missed the first wave of batch2 orders doing so
  • I didn't see any sign of the trade-in program and hastily got one order in the second wave of batch2 orders (just got it yesterday although it was expected in April initially and I paid 55+BTC for it)
  • Then I waited to confirm that there was indeed still a trade-in program, this was confirmed last week

There was newsletter with informations where to send tradeins in mid April. At your position I would contact Avalon if they will honour your tradein still before sending anything to them. There was a guy from batch#1 who paid his order months later - read his story somewhere on this board.
gyverlb

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:04:57 AM

There was newsletter with informations where to send tradeins in mid April. At your position I would contact Avalon if they will honour your tradein still before sending anything to them. There was a guy from batch#1 who paid his order months later - read his story somewhere on this board.

That would seem wise at this point, will do (now hunting for contacts).

P2pool tuning guide
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:48:30 PM

I believe in a previous PM I had with Yifu, he acknowledged that they would honor trade-in credit for the devices as best as they are able. I doubt they are going to give you the same original base price for the trade-ins as Batch #2.

However, that being said, if Yifu/ngzhang would have offered a trade-in program for Batch #1, I'm pretty sure a number of us posting in this thread would have done that one, too, that's part of the reason why they are are honoring the pricing. They know we would have participated in Batch #1. In fact, I had considered selling my Icarus to purchase some Batch #1 miners straight up. Hindsight being 20/20, that would have clearly have been the better decision.

Please let me know if you guys that have paid start to get shipping notices or status changes on your trade-ins.
gyverlb

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:02:46 PM

Reference?

Check last update.  He said the list has been obtained and cleaned up.  It sort of implies an irreversible step, no?
Just like no refunds once b3 enters "shipping" stage, it is reasonable to assume no trade-ins after trade-ins are in processing.

Otherwise, it would add extra work for both Mr. Chen and Yifu.  I might be wrong but I think they operate in waterfall fashion.
If they did not, they would have kept orders and trade-ins open at all times.  Sort of like BFL.

I opened a ticket and sent an email to info@avalon-asic.com to get an official answer.

I'm not sure of anything about this: wouldn't it be expected from Avalon to get an official message out saying "stop sending us Icarus boards, if we get one after <insert deadline here>, we won't process it for trade-in"? If Avalon didn't have an history of fuzzy rules about trade-in, I wouldn't even ask questions: no official deadline would mean that there isn't any deadline yet.

P2pool tuning guide
gyverlb

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:11:25 PM

I opened a ticket and sent an email to info@avalon-asic.com to get an official answer.

Good Luck with that.

That's more or less my thoughts too, they aren't known for their communication skills, are they? I suppose if I don't get an answer this week, I'll send 2 boards blindly and hope for the best.

P2pool tuning guide
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

Good Luck with that.

That's more or less my thoughts too, they aren't known for their communication skills, are they? I suppose if I don't get an answer this week, I'll send 2 boards blindly and hope for the best.

i think you are way too late for the trade-in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: