Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ¤¤¤¤ antrun.de - Antrouter R1 Fun-Run - compare your share ¤¤¤¤  (Read 97791 times)
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:49:24 PM

Like to see people tweeking this little bastards towards their limits  Smiley Would be nice if you could post some power and temperature measurements.

Yes, the hashrate seems to be very high, at least for a non (heavily) overclocked R1. I'm sure elokk can clarify this.

When I get back / early next Week I will make some measurements and post them. In terms of temperature I have a big fan on the Chip as shown in the picture, for safety the temperature controller is set to 40 Deg C which it was able to maintain with some capacity to spare at 275MHz. Now back down to 250MHz

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:59:55 PM

Sorry, forgot to mention I am running at 200mhz which has been running stable around 11ghs+/-. 
I am also using an artic breeze usb fan to keep it cool. The wifi is still turned on as well

t.me/bitcoinasic
RichBC

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:10:22 PM

Sorry, forgot to mention I am running at 200mhz which has been running stable around 11ghs+/-.  
I am also using an artic breeze usb fan to keep it cool. The wifi is still turned on as well

Ok that is great. Do you find that it restarts at intervals and if so how often?

Rich

BTW It's good to use the Frequency setting Pull down at the bottom of the page, so everyone knows what is going on.

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:05:00 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 10:04:30 AM by citronick

Guilty as charged... curiosity "killed" the cat (R1)

I got curious and dismantled the R1 and put a Arctic USB fan right on top of naked R1.
Modded the power plug to extend direct into the power point.

I don't know if it will go any quicker or produce more hash but -- I guess this is it most optimum before R1 goes crazy.

It's currently at 137.5mhz, 888v and "--suggest-diff-64" settings.
It's hashing and ckpool is accepting the shares.

Note: the R1 is also connected to a dumb 4-port USB with 3 x U3 hashing at about 155-165ghs total.

Current Status:

Racer: citronick
HW: Antrouter R1 - Batch 1
Pool settings: stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 --suggest-diff 12
Password: x
Frequency: 137.5mhz
Voltage: 999
Shares: 5596 accepted in 12 hours 6mins
Rejects: 0%
Average speed: 6gh/s ++
Normal speed: 2gh/s to 14gh/s ++
Modifications: Refer to picture.

Notes: the R1 is also connected to a dumb 4-port USB with 3 x U3 hashing at about 155-165ghs total.

Inspired from rich's mods - I have disabled the wifi, increase the diff, a slight notch up.
I am not doing at voltage mods because i dont have the tools and knowledge to do that.
I will stick to silly & senseless but creative mods and keep the R1 as cool as possible.
Putting on some heatsinks next, like rich's R1.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
RichBC

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:47:54 AM

Here's my latest setup for RichBC 2

Extra heatsinks on the Top & bottom of the chip, with a large fan & fan controller, temp sensor for the controller is the black wire going into the heatsink, temp is set at 40 Deg C.

Potentiometer to adjust the core voltage, and digital display showing the core voltage.

The unit is being run from a small 5V PSU. At the current 250Mhz it is taking 8.7W at the wall.

Last year I had this setup up to 400Mhz, however for some reason at the moment I can't get it to reliably run over 300MHz. I think disabling wireless has improved things and significantly reduced restarts, RichBC 1 at 200MHz has been running for 8 Hours now without restarting. However I find the higher I go above 200MHz the more problems there are including number of restarts and not starting at all unless a full reboot is done?

I feel there are still some things I do not understand, but have some ideas so will next Week start exploring them.

RichBC 1 will be down for a few hours as I am going away for a few days and will take it with me.  Smiley RichBC 2 I will leave at home running at 250MHz and we will see what happens?

Rich

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:01:54 AM

Extra heatsinks on the Top & bottom of the chip, with a large fan & fan controller, temp sensor for the controller is the black wire going into the heatsink, temp is set at 40 Deg C.

Potentiometer to adjust the core voltage, and digital display showing the core voltage.

The unit is being run from a small 5V PSU. At the current 250Mhz it is taking 8.7W at the wall.

Last year I had this setup up to 400Mhz, however for some reason at the moment I can't get it to reliably run over 300MHz. I think disabling wireless has improved things and significantly reduced restarts, RichBC 1 at 200MHz has been running for 8 Hours now without restarting. However I find the higher I go above 200MHz the more problems there are including number of restarts and not starting at all unless a full reboot is done?

I feel there are still some things I do not understand, but have some ideas so will next Week start exploring them.

RichBC 1 will be down for a few hours as I am going away for a few days and will take it with me.  Smiley RichBC 2 I will leave at home running at 250MHz and we will see what happens?

Rich

rich-bc, are those small heatsinks recycled or custom order? thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
RichBC

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:55:20 AM

The heatsinks are the ones that are sold to stick onto S3 / S5 hash Chips, came from an add on ebay, probably still available.

Rich

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:58:34 AM

The heatsinks are the ones that are sold to stick onto S3 / S5 hash Chips, came from an add on ebay, probably still available.

Rich

ok. i have a S5 restoration project coming up and i need to buy a bag of them anyways, will keep some for the R1.

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:05:15 AM

Guilty as charged... curiosity "killed" the cat (R1)

I got curious and dismantled the R1 and put a Arctic USB fan right on top of naked R1.
Modded the power plug to extend direct into the power point.

I don't know if it will go any quicker or produce more hash but -- I guess this is it most optimum before R1 goes crazy.

It's currently at 137.5mhz, 888v and "--suggest-diff-64" settings.
It's hashing and ckpool is accepting the shares.

Note: the R1 is also connected to a dumb 4-port USB with 3 x U3 hashing at about 155-165ghs total.

Current Status:

Racer: citronick
HW: Antrouter R1 - Batch 1
Pool settings: stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 --suggest-diff 12
Password: x
Frequency: 137.5mhz
Voltage: 999
Shares: 5596 accepted in 12 hours 6mins
Rejects: 0%
Average speed: 6gh/s ++
Normal speed: 2gh/s to 14gh/s ++
Modifications: Refer to picture.

Notes: the R1 is also connected to a dumb 4-port USB with 3 x U3 hashing at about 155-165ghs total.

Inspired from rich's mods - I have disabled the wifi, increase the diff, a slight notch up.
I am not doing at voltage mods because i dont have the tools and knowledge to do that.
I will stick to silly & senseless but creative mods and keep the R1 as cool as possible.

RichBC

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:12:45 PM

Here are my measurements from a standard cased R1, no mods & no additional cooling.

For long term running I think 200MHz is about the limit. With an additional fan you can go to 250MHz but will start to see hardware errors and need to open her up and make the Core Voltage adjustable and add an external PSU to go further. Remember also this is just one R1 they will all be a little different.

A word of warning.
Remember that opened up Mains Voltages are exposed, be very careful or better still power from a separate 5V PSU, which is what I did after getting a couple of shocks....

Rich

elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:19:06 PM

Ok that is great. Do you find that it restarts at intervals and if so how often?

Rich

BTW It's good to use the Frequency setting Pull down at the bottom of the page, so everyone knows what is going on.

Frequency updated. I am not sure about the restarts because I am rarely home to monitor it

t.me/bitcoinasic
minibit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:14:58 PM

Thank you guys for your pics and thanks Rich for your measurements! Always interresting to see.

I am not sure about the restarts because I am rarely home to monitor it

For addressing the random restart bug, I'm programming some stats about every single device's hashrate. Maybe we can see restarts in the charts.
But how does such a restart normally occur? Will it start with mining again as soon as it's finished booting up?
On Antrun.de the stats gets fetched (only) every 10 minutes, so if the device is mining again after a very short time, let's say 30 seconds, I highly doubt that we could see such restarts in the charts, as they will probably vanish in the values as "noise". The resolution is just to low..

Lowering the timeout between the refresh rounds could solve this problem. Less than a minute won't help, as the ckpool stats itself gets refreshed every minute (I think?). And we have to keep an eye on the traffic to the ckpool.

Edit: Why don't you install a script on a second computer in your network, send pings to the R1 every couple seconds and log about it?
RichBC

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:59:13 PM

Thank you guys for your pics and thanks Rich for your measurements! Always interresting to see.

For addressing the random restart bug, I'm programming some stats about every single device's hashrate. Maybe we can see restarts in the charts.
But how does such a restart normally occur? Will it start with mining again as soon as it's finished booting up?
On Antrun.de the stats gets fetched (only) every 10 minutes, so if the device is mining again after a very short time, let's say 30 seconds, I highly doubt that we could see such restarts in the charts, as they will probably vanish in the values as "noise". The resolution is just to low..

Lowering the timeout between the refresh rounds could solve this problem. Less than a minute won't help, as the ckpool stats itself gets refreshed every minute (I think?). And we have to keep an eye on the traffic to the ckpool.

Edit: Why don't you install a script on a second computer in your network, send pings to the R1 every couple seconds and log about it?

I have added to the Cron Job that restarts the Miner a write to a file on the R1, so I already have the info on when the restarts occur. Actually the restarts are not, for me, the biggest problem. It is that, at frequencies above 200MHz, sometimes restarting cgminer does not restart the hashing, but doing a Save & Apply, which I thought just restarted cgminer does get it hashing again. Sometimes it needs a reboot to get things going again. Sometimes I have to take the frequency back to 200Mhz and then do a Save & Apply at the higher frequency.

Sorry if the above is a bit complicated, but you get the gist of what I am fighting with. I am however not at all Unix / Openwrt wise so I am sure that there is more that could be logged that would help the process?

Rich

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:16:39 PM

I've noticed that my R1 restarts randomly as well, I'll notice it because the best share reported in my monitor has changed but cksolo has not found a block.  I have crazyguy's firmware and I don't know if it has a restart cron job or what, but my R1 always comes back hashing; if it wasn't for the best share I would never even know it had restarted.
ammi84 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:27:30 PM

Hello my friends,

minibit did great work again

v14 is online.

News:

Graph for the hashrate of the last 24 hours
Frequency up to 450MHz

if you have any ideas or suggestions - feel free to post it

Have fun :-)
andymanone

Activity: 432

Save the past & use the future ©

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:47:19 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 07:40:46 PM by andymanone

Hello my friends,

minibit did great work again

v14 is online.

News:

Graph for the hashrate of the last 24 hours
Frequency up to 450MHz

if you have any ideas or suggestions - feel free to post it

Have fun :-)
Amazing great work Shocked!

Thanks a lot for the good job, minibit & ammi84 Smiley!!

andY

#Compare your share!# Join the community and be a member of http://www.gekkorun.de today! Open for all Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, 2PAC and sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury Asic Miners!
Notice: gekkorun 2.0 goes offline in 10/07/18 (and will be not longer supported anymore)

My previous ANTR1/Gekko Tuning success: Ant R1=500MHz@0.96V@27,66GH/s / Gekko=475MHz@0.9V /stable 450MHz/0.88V@23,78GH/s
andymanone

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:26:08 PM

@ammi84,

is it possible, to add a new worker to antrun.de for me Smiley?

andymanone 3
1B654QJKEWVZZoWGTpqP5xW3M67f6zxkKd_AMR3

BTW: it´s an great idea with gekkorun.de!

If I could support it in any way, I´m in Smiley!
(but unfortunately I´m not a coder Embarrassed )
But all other (i.e. grab the Domain or provide some webspace or anything else Wink ) is possible  Smiley)

Thx in advance,
andY

#Compare your share!# Join the community and be a member of http://www.gekkorun.de today! Open for all Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, 2PAC and sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury Asic Miners!
Notice: gekkorun 2.0 goes offline in 10/07/18 (and will be not longer supported anymore)

My previous ANTR1/Gekko Tuning success: Ant R1=500MHz@0.96V@27,66GH/s / Gekko=475MHz@0.9V /stable 450MHz/0.88V@23,78GH/s
minibit

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:53:37 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 10:42:57 PM by minibit

I have added to the Cron Job that restarts the Miner a write to a file on the R1, so I already have the info on when the restarts occur. Actually the restarts are not, for me, the biggest problem. It is that, at frequencies above 200MHz, sometimes restarting cgminer does not restart the hashing, but doing a Save & Apply, which I thought just restarted cgminer does get it hashing again. Sometimes it needs a reboot to get things going again. Sometimes I have to take the frequency back to 200Mhz and then do a Save & Apply at the higher frequency.

Sorry if the above is a bit complicated, but you get the gist of what I am fighting with. I am however not at all Unix / Openwrt wise so I am sure that there is more that could be logged that would help the process?

Rich

Maybe someone could find the commands which gets executet, when changing something related to cgminer and clicking "Save and apply".

Edit: Just some words regarding the chart, you can "zoom in" with selecting an area you're interrested in. Click and hold down your mouse button while dragging to either one side. On the right upper side, buttons will appear for paning and resetting. I don't know if the spikes are for real. The chart is based on the 'hashrate1m' value. The 5 minute values gives a much smoother result. It's up to you...
andymanone

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:02:52 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 08:21:56 AM by andymanone

...............Extra heatsinks on the Top & bottom of the chip, with a large fan & fan controller, temp sensor for the controller is the black wire going into the heatsink, temp is set at 40 Deg C.

Rich

Hi Rich,
maybe you can help me with that issue  Smiley:

I´m wondering, where do you connect the Pot for adjusting the core voltage?

In my point of view (after studying the TI TPS53355 datasheet), I tried to use the -> "VFB" connector (Pin 1) to adjust the VCore,
(between GND and Vout with a pre-resistor (like in the schematic link) but there is no change, Vcore doesn´t inc or dec, it´s constant
on 0.608V Sad.
I´m  working with a new release (V 1.09) sorry, Typo, its V1.9 Smiley of the R1 (there is something different (PCB layout, schmeatics) compared with the older ones.
It´s an error in reasoning  Huh?

Maybe you can help Smiley

Thx in advance ,
andY

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:55:18 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 11:06:30 PM by aarons6

Rich

hitting save and apply just does these commands.

write to config file
/etc/init.d/cgminer stop
wait a few seconds
/etc/init.d/cgminer start

you can make an emergency reboot script if it doesnt hash in x amount of time.. like this

Code:
E=`cgminer-api summary | grep "^ *\[Elapsed\]" | cut -d'>' -f2 | tr -d ' '`
# 600=10 minutes
S=`cgminer-api | grep 'GHS 5s] => ' | cut -c 16- | tr -d '.'`
minhash=300 # 3GHS

if [ "$E" == "" ] || [ "$E" -gt "600" ] || [ "$S" == "" ] || [ "$S" == "0" ] ; then
  if [ "$S" == "" ] || [ "$S" -lt $minhash ]; then
        /sbin/reboot
  fi
fi

this will after 10 mintutes check to see if the r1 is hashing below a certain amount and if it is reboot.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: