Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Christianity is Poison  (Read 52544 times)
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:14:07 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 05:22:56 PM by grue
Merited by bryant.coleman (10), NadiaHel (1)

I'm only here to start the conversation because I'm tired of seeing "Atheism is Poison" thread being bumped daily... can't you assholes give the anti-Atheist bigotry a break for a single fucking day?!?

If you really need someone to elaborate on all the ways that religion poisons people's mind, body, soul and the planet... I can do that...

Please, someone tell me how believing in a magic sky God is better than not believing in a magic sky God...  How does believing in fairy tales help a person in any way whatsoever?

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:50:59 AM

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:55:41 AM

Jstalk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 06:06:01 AM

OK...
I don`t believe in the divine nature of Jesus too...
 Who or what created the universe???

vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 09:25:06 AM

religion will teach you how to be a better person, we can't compare all religion where are good it's back to your self. where you faith believe in Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Catholicism, atheists, Unreligious. so i never think Christianity is Poison or other religion is Poison, in my view all religion is same.

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:19:48 PM

religion will teach you how to be a better person, we can't compare all religion where are good it's back to your self. where you faith believe in Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Catholicism, atheists, Unreligious. so i never think Christianity is Poison or other religion is Poison, in my view all religion is same.

Religion does not teach you to be a better person...

Religion teaches you to own slaves, rape women, murder homosexuals, murder witches, murder your own children, etc...

Basically, religion teaches you to be a hateful narcissistic bigot, who thinks God loves you more than other people...

If you managed to learn something good from religion, you did that on your own... please do not give religion credit for your own deeds
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:36:47 PM

I'm only here to start the conversation because I'm tired of seeing "Atheism is Poison" thread being bumped daily... can't you assholes give the anti-Atheist bigotry a break for a single fucking day?!?

If you really need someone to elaborate on all the ways that religion poisons people's mind, body, soul and the planet... I can do that...

Please, someone tell me how believing in a magic sky God is better than not believing in a magic sky God...  How does believing in fairy tales help a person in any way whatsoever?

i think not just christianty , all the religions are poison.. they simply teach being a good rapist, murderer and arrogant person to our children rather than teaching being a good person.. this is the horrible fact for sure..
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1046

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 04:40:05 PM

Religion itself is a poison. not just Christianity though.
But then its put in our minds, in the minds of every individual who belongs to a country whether a Muslim or christian to control the masses. its been taught on schools even to kids.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
zaph3t

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 04:52:28 PM

Religion teaches you to own slaves, rape women, murder homosexuals, murder witches, murder your own children, etc...

Basically, religion teaches you to be a hateful narcissistic bigot, who thinks God loves you more than other people...

If you managed to learn something good from religion, you did that on your own... please do not give religion credit for your own deeds
Woooo! What kind of Religion are you talking abt? Religion never taught to do all of these things and for the Homo, they are rejected but
not murdered. Only those Human with some big inferiority inside them, manipulate their faith to teach and do all those Bad things to revenge themselves and feel superior. A good religious and believer in God has peace with everybody in the world. Any person who tells you that their Religion is the better one in world, is not a religious but a lost person with an inferiority inside him that wants revenge.

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:58:22 PM

Woooo! What kind of Religion are you talking abt? Religion never taught to do all of these things and for the Homo, they are rejected but
not murdered. Only those Human with some big inferiority inside them, manipulate their faith to teach and do all those Bad things to revenge themselves and feel superior. A good religious and believer in God has peace with everybody in the world. Any person who tells you that their Religion is the better one in world, is not a religious but a lost person with an inferiority inside him that wants revenge.

Try reading the bible, then get back to me on what it says...

Until you have read the bible, just trust me... the bible says all the things that I claim it says, and much worse

Start with Leviticus... tell me there is anything at all good in that entire book... it's simply evil and wrong

You cannot pick and choose which book/verses to believe were written by God... that is not Christianity, but cherry-picking
zaph3t

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 04:59:59 PM

That has nothing to do with religion but a Manipulated System that divide people to favor another group of people.

zaph3t

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 05:07:55 PM

Until you have read the bible, just trust me... the bible says all the things that I claim it says, and much worse

Start with Leviticus... tell me there is anything at all good in that entire book... it's simply evil and wrong

You cannot pick and choose which book/verses to believe... that is not Christianity, but cherry-picking

Ok please give me some specific passages in the Bible that say all the things that you claim and I will take all my words back.
Anybody can manipulate what is written in the Bible or Quran and teach it to some group of people for their own evil needs.

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1171

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:22:50 PM

I wouldn't say, on the scale of religion, that the current version of modern Christianity is high on the dangerous scale. There is another obvious religion that is creating much of the chaos in the Middle East. Fortunately Europe has been able to extract some of the morals that the bible taught and had time to transform them into a legal structure with courts and (usually) fair judges.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:34:41 PM

I wouldn't say, on the scale of religion, that the current version of modern Christianity is high on the dangerous scale. There is another obvious religion that is creating much of the chaos in the Middle East. Fortunately Europe has been able to extract some of the morals that the bible taught and had time to transform them into a legal structure with courts and (usually) fair judges.

Nobody actually gets their morals from the bible... that is not where morals come from...

Which country makes it illegal to worship another God, build an idol, work on the sabbath, etc?

You could try to claim that the idea of stealing and murder being criminal came from the bible, but you would be incorrect... those were both illegal long before the bible was written...

The only thing the bible adds are things which are not crimes... like thought crimes... Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife?  Where is that a law?!?

You seem to be under the misconception that since 2 biblical laws and 2 secular laws are similar, that society got all its laws from the bible???  That's wrong, silly and completely ignorant
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:44:59 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 07:59:13 PM by Moloch

You cannot pick and choose which book/verses to believe... that is not Christianity, but cherry-picking

Ok please give me some specific passages in the Bible that say all the things that you claim and I will take all my words back.
Anybody can manipulate what is written in the Bible or Quran and teach it to some group of people for their own evil needs.

Slavery:
Quote from: Leviticus 25:44-46
As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

Quote from: Exodus 21:20-21
When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his property.

More slavery in the bible: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_slavery

Rape:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_Hebrew_Bible

Homosexuality:
Quote from: Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Witches:
Quote from: Exodus 22:13
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Murder your own child:
Quote from: Deuteronomy 21:18-21
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Is that enough, or do you need more quotes from the bible before you will believe me?
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1171

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:49:18 AM

Nobody actually gets their morals from the bible... that is not where morals come from...

Which country makes it illegal to worship another God, build an idol, work on the sabbath, etc?

You could try to claim that the idea of stealing and murder being criminal came from the bible, but you would be incorrect... those were both illegal long before the bible was written...

The only thing the bible adds are things which are not crimes... like thought crimes... Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife?  Where is that a law?!?

You seem to be under the misconception that since 2 biblical laws and 2 secular laws are similar, that society got all its laws from the bible???  That's wrong, silly and completely ignorant

You seem to be of the idea that there was always a court of law or police service protecting people. That laws magically bounced into reality and were not built from anything else. I explicitly said "extract some of the morals", so why are you nailing down what I said to specific laws? There obviously aren't exactly parallels with laws in the bible, we're not even talking about specific countries as laws vary. You're the ignorant one, thinking you know everyones thoughts.

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:23:24 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 02:52:22 PM by Moloch

You seem to be of the idea that there was always a court of law or police service protecting people. That laws magically bounced into reality and were not built from anything else. I explicitly said "extract some of the morals", so why are you nailing down what I said to specific laws? There obviously aren't exactly parallels with laws in the bible, we're not even talking about specific countries as laws vary. You're the ignorant one, thinking you know everyones thoughts.

You are the one who claimed Europe got its morals from the bible... when in reality it's the other way around... the bible got its morals from Europe

I would present evidence in the form of The Code of Hammurabi:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi

The Code of Hammurabi was written in stone circa 1754BC, long before the bible was written...

The CoH is the source of morals in the bible... it's quite clear when you compare the two sets of laws that the biblical laws copied the Code of Hammurabi (which was itself a copy of earlier sets of laws dating back to at least 2050BC)

Quote from: Code of Hammurabi
If any one is committing a robbery and is caught, then he shall be put to death
Quote from: the bible
Thou shalt not steal

Quote from: Code of Hammurabi
If any one "point the finger" at a sister of a god or the wife of any one, and can not prove it, this man shall be taken before the judges and his brow shall be marked
Quote from: the bible
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
Flozbrand

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

@flozbrand - Follow us on Twitter!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:21:24 PM

There are a lot of really nice religious people. Many of the best people I know are Christians.

However, I believe all religion to be poison. If you look at the big picture religion is extremely bad for humanity.
Good that we are moving rapidly away from it. Millennials is in my view, the definitely smartest generation the world has seen.
Not because of the people though, because of the internet. Or to say more clearly, the information age.
n0ne

Activity: 2520
Merit: 548

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:24:59 PM

Thinking Christianity as a poison seems to be a atheist belief. Only the atheist who are against all religions conclude with these unrealistic statements.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:00:07 PM

Thinking Christianity as a poison seems to be a atheist belief. Only the atheist who are against all religions conclude with these unrealistic statements.

Which statement was unrealistic?

The statement where the bible commands you to kill witches?

The statement where the bible commands you to kill homosexuals?

The statement where the bible commands you to kill your own (unruly) children?!?

The bible is full of immorality, and murder by the hand of and by the command of God... open your eyes man!

The bible is nothing but, "Do as I say, not as I do"... its a horrible precedent to set!  I could not write a more horrifying moral code if I tried!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: