Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:53:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Christianity is Poison  (Read 52550 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:22:23 AM

So, you are claiming that although the bible condones slavery, it was "the good kind of slavery"?  That's your defense?

My defense in said post is that the bible regulates the situation back then (when slavery was common), however expressed no support of the act of enslavement.
Where is the support for this?  You claim it's in the bible, but it's not... slavery in the bible is very cruel and quite descriptive... it included things like, "you are allowed to beat your slave so long as he does not die within 2 days"

That's Old Testament. When referring to the Christian bible, the New Testament is implied. The Old Testament was meant for the time before the coming of Christ (which by those practicing Judaism is THE bible since they don't consider Jesus as the son of God and are still waiting for one (the reason for 2 religions - Christianity and Judaism - instead of one)). I already linked it in this post but here's a rather brief explanation in regards to the Old Testament: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1412734.msg14336544#msg14336544

That's the dumbest argument christians have ever made...

This whole notion of the New Testament overwriting the Old Testament is complete horseshit nonsense that is not supported anywhere in the bible or dogma of christianity

You cannot possibly say you believe the creation story, flood, exodus, and 10-commandments are 100% true and accurate, but the other 603 commandments in the Old Testament don't count... that's bullshit cherry-picking to the extreme

Besides, Jesus himself said, "Not a jot or tittle of the Law will change until I return" (speaking of Mosaic law, the Old Testament laws!)

Acts 15:19-21:
“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

Who were the Torah laws given to? The Egyptians? No, no, no. The Babylonians? No, no, no. The Persians? No, no, no. The Christians? No, no, no. The Jews? Yes, yes, yes.

Do the laws change, that is, is a jot or tittle dropped from the law when it is not obeyed? No, no, no.

"Christian" is talking about a person who has aligned himself with Jesus, the Christ. If we love Him, we will do what He says. His command is that we love one another. After all, even though the Law stands unchanged throughout the rest of this age, Jesus has overcome the Law. Salvation is by faith in Jesus. And salvation is the important thing.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 12:48:49 AM

So, you are claiming that although the bible condones slavery, it was "the good kind of slavery"?  That's your defense?

My defense in said post is that the bible regulates the situation back then (when slavery was common), however expressed no support of the act of enslavement.
Where is the support for this?  You claim it's in the bible, but it's not... slavery in the bible is very cruel and quite descriptive... it included things like, "you are allowed to beat your slave so long as he does not die within 2 days"

That's Old Testament. When referring to the Christian bible, the New Testament is implied. The Old Testament was meant for the time before the coming of Christ (which by those practicing Judaism is THE bible since they don't consider Jesus as the son of God and are still waiting for one (the reason for 2 religions - Christianity and Judaism - instead of one)). I already linked it in this post but here's a rather brief explanation in regards to the Old Testament: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1412734.msg14336544#msg14336544

This whole notion of the New Testament overwriting the Old Testament is complete horseshit nonsense that is not supported anywhere in the bible or dogma of christianity

You cannot possibly say you believe the creation story, flood, exodus, and 10-commandments are 100% true and accurate, but the other 603 commandments in the Old Testament don't count... that's bullshit cherry-picking to the extreme

Besides, Jesus himself said, "Not a jot or tittle of the Law will change until I return" (speaking of Mosaic law, the Old Testament laws!)

Quote from: Matthew 5:18-19
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I'd have to disagree:
Christianity is an Abrahamic monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in the New Testament. <...> Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the savior of humanity whose coming as Christ or the Messiah was prophesied in the Old Testament.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

You cannot possibly say you believe the creation story, flood, exodus
As metaphors for creation of the universal system (governed by the laws of physics, chemistry, biology, etc.) and a conscious species within said system, the downfall due to conscious species' inability to control itself and then the humanity's search for purpose.

and 10-commandments are 100% true and accurate
I never claimed that. I believe that part of it was either lost as history progressed (there isn't an original copy in existence, just a bunch of early copies) or lost in translation as it went through numerous people with different cultural backgrounds.
but the other 603 commandments in the Old Testament don't count... that's bullshit cherry-picking to the extreme
The general consensus seems that it is not to be used for moral purposes , but more as a "prophecy" that was already fullfilled.

Also, in terms of the 10 commandments:
“This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3). The Ten Commandments were essentially a summary of the entire Old Testament law. Nine of the Ten Commandments are clearly repeated in the New Testament (all except the command to observe the Sabbath day). Obviously, if we are loving God, we will not be worshipping false gods or bowing down before idols. If we are loving our neighbors, we will not be murdering them, lying to them, committing adultery against them, or coveting what belongs to them.
Source: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15).

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:08:27 AM

Are you still here?

Didn't you say that you were leaving?

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:43:57 AM

Religions including Christianity can be used for good and many time it is.  Unfortunately there are many that use religion for evil.  In the case of Christianity, those that use the Bible to hurt others or judge others are probably not true Christians.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 02:00:00 AM

Religions including Christianity can be used for good and many time it is.  Unfortunately there are many that use religion for evil.  In the case of Christianity, those that use the Bible to hurt others or judge others are probably not true Christians.

The problem is that they think they are "true Christians", and present themselves as such.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Goms

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:39:00 AM

OK...
I don`t believe in the divine nature of Jesus too...
 Who or what created the universe???

We all know that it is not possible for a perfect universe to come out of an accidental mishap, even scientists are starting to agree that indeed there is an intelligence behind creation. The theory of evolution is losing steam, someone intelligent created you, so the question is who do you think that is?
Kartikay

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:33:51 AM

I am not a Christian but I believe in God. In fact , all the religions do. Purpose of religion is to stop people from doing misdeeds but some people in past (who call themselves as preacher) have manipulated religions and has made it ugly.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:28:54 AM

Matthew 22:34-40:
34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together.

35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:

36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Notice the part, "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Essentially what Jesus was saying with this part is that there is no obedience of the Law without love of God and love of your neighbor. The jots and tittles are held in place by love.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:31:33 AM

I am not a Christian but I believe in God. In fact , all the religions do. Purpose of religion is to stop people from doing misdeeds but some people in past (who call themselves as preacher) have manipulated religions and has made it ugly.

The purpose of the Jewish religion is the same as that of the Christian religion. What is this purpose? It is salvation of the soul, so that people can live in the next life, forever, rather than die for eternity.

Cool

Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:29:53 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 04:40:33 PM by Moloch

You cannot possibly say you believe the creation story, flood, exodus and 10-commandments are 100% true and accurate, but the other 603 commandments in the Old Testament don't count... that's bullshit cherry-picking to the extreme
The general consensus seems that it is not to be used for moral purposes , but more as a "prophecy" that was already fullfilled.

As metaphors for creation of the universal system (governed by the laws of physics, chemistry, biology, etc.) and a conscious species within said system, the downfall due to conscious species' inability to control itself and then the humanity's search for purpose.

I believe that part of it was either lost as history progressed (there isn't an original copy in existence, just a bunch of early copies) or lost in translation as it went through numerous people with different cultural backgrounds.

Complete nonsense... General consensus?!?  Where do you get that idea?  Have you met other Christians before?  There is no consensus about anything... Ever heard of a Fundamentalist?  They take the bible literally... they absolutely believe the old testament is 100% literal, no metaphors at all...

Who are you to decide what verses God meant to be literal vs metaphor?  How do you claim any of it is metaphor?  Do you speak for God?  God writes literally, he does not claim anything is a metaphor in the entire bible... if you think it's a metaphor, that is your personal interpretation and you do not speak for God or all Christians... sorry...

“This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3). The Ten Commandments were essentially a summary of the entire Old Testament law. Nine of the Ten Commandments are clearly repeated in the New Testament (all except the command to observe the Sabbath day). Obviously, if we are loving God, we will not be worshipping false gods or bowing down before idols. If we are loving our neighbors, we will not be murdering them, lying to them, committing adultery against them, or coveting what belongs to them.

Also complete nonsense... Do you seriously believe the 10-commandments are a summary of the entire Old Testament law?!?!?  WTF do you get this crazy bullshit that no other Christian has ever said?

Have you read the Old Testament?  Are you familiar with the 613 laws?  And you think the 10-commandments are a summary of the 613 laws?!?  NO... NO... If you make me prove this to you... fuck you... you don't know shit and are not worthy of my time

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments#Maimonides.27_list
To burn a city that has turned to idol worship — Deut. 13:17
Not to rebuild it as a city — Deut. 13:17
To circumcise all males on the eighth day after their birth — Gen. 17:10
Not to slaughter an animal and its offspring on the same day — Lev. 22:28
To cover the blood (of a slaughtered beast or fowl) with earth — Lev. 17:13
To send away the mother bird before taking its children — Deut. 22:6
To release the mother bird if she was taken from the nest — Deut. 22:7
To wear tefillin (phylacteries) on the head — Deut. 6:8
To bind tefillin on the arm — Deut. 6:8
To put a mezuzah on the door post — Deut. 6:9
Each male must write a Torah scroll — Deut. 31:19
The king must have a separate Torah scroll for himself — Deut. 17:18
The courts must carry out the death penalty of stoning — Deut. 22:24
A judge must not have mercy on the poor man at the trial — Lev. 19:15
Appoint a king from Israel — Deut. 17:15
Not to appoint a foreigner — Deut. 17:15
The king must not have too many wives — Deut. 17:17
The king must not have too many horses — Deut. 17:16
The king must not have too much silver and gold — Deut. 17:17

Yeah, sounds exactly like the 10-commandments...
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 04:55:49 PM

You cannot possibly say you believe the creation story, flood, exodus and 10-commandments are 100% true and accurate, but the other 603 commandments in the Old Testament don't count... that's bullshit cherry-picking to the extreme

I believe that part of it was either lost as history progressed (there isn't an original copy in existence, just a bunch of early copies) or lost in translation as it went through numerous people with different cultural backgrounds.

Complete nonsense... General consensus?!?  Where do you get that idea?  Have you met other Christians before?  There is no consensus about anything... Ever heard of a Fundamentalist?  They take the bible literally... they absolutely believe the old testament is 100% literal, no metaphors at all...

Who are you to decide what verses God meant to be literal vs metaphor?  How do you claim any of it is metaphor?  Do you speak for God?  God writes literally, he does not claim anything is a metaphor in the entire bible... if you think it's a metaphor, that is your personal interpretation and you do not speak for God or all Christians... sorry...

Also complete nonsense... Do you seriously believe the 10-commandments are a summary of the entire Old Testament law?!?!?  WTF do you get this crazy bullshit that no other Christian has ever said?

Have you read the Old Testament?  Are you familiar with the 613 laws?  And you think the 10-commandments are a summary of the 613 laws?!?  NO... NO... If you make me prove this to you... fuck you... you don't know shit and are not worthy of my time
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments#Maimonides.27_list

Complete nonsense... General consensus?!?  Where do you get that idea?  Have you met other Christians before?  There is no consensus about anything...
There's quite a few disagreements in various branches/sects of Christianity, however, the fact that it is overwritten by the New Testament in terms of morality is the primary difference between Judaism and Christianity. There are, however, sects or fundamentalists of certain branches that believe otherwise. It's general consensus, not absolute.

Ever heard of a Fundamentalist?  They take the bible literally... they absolutely believe the old testament is 100% literal, no metaphors at all...
Which I thoroughly disagree with and actually find agnostic atheism with basic morality as governed by the current civilized society better than the extremely fundamental Christianity. So I don't think there's a disagreement on this point.

Have you read the Old Testament?  Are you familiar with the 613 laws?  And you think the 10-commandments are a summary of the 613 laws?!?
Summary of general moral values, not only meant for the time. It's supposed to strip out the cultural and societal structures at the time and get to the core of what the religion (before the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, because after said event the New Testament becomes THE document for the morality in the Christian religion) teaches.

NO... NO... If you make me prove this to you... fuck you... you don't know shit and are not worthy of my time
Such a compelling argument with tons of proof /sarcasm. In all seriousness, if you think I'm "not worthy of" your time, feel free to stop responding rather than continuing to scream and shout, while tripping over your own logical fallacies and evidence-less (as well as sourceless) claims that seem to be primarily backed by the "I know, trust me" confirmation.

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 05:25:14 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 07:46:31 PM by Moloch

...feel free to stop responding rather than continuing to scream and shout, while tripping over your own logical fallacies and evidence-less (as well as sourceless) claims that seem to be primarily backed by the "I know, trust me" confirmation.

(I'm not trolling)

You are one to talk about "I know, trust me confirmation"... you keep making claims that I've never even heard another Christian make, without anything to back it up... I have provided numerous links and bible quotes to back up every claim I have made

Quote from: Matt Dillahunty
“I think that anybody who advocates infinite punishment or infinite rewards for finite crimes and deeds is morally inferior. I think that anybody who is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent and omnibenevolent who creates a system knowing that people are not going to be able to live up to its standards, spends an eternity punishing them … and the only loophole that the creator of all the laws of the universe can come up with - why didn’t he just forgive everybody or change the laws? - but instead he has to create a loophole where he comes down bodily and sacrifices himself to himself to act as a loophole for a rule that he created. It’s absurd. It is laughably absurd. And it’s immoral.”
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:29:36 PM

Religion = Poison

STUDY: Religious Kids Can't Tell Fact From Fiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smjNRqP3W4E
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:40:27 PM

A very good read I must say,  makes perfect sense http://www.alternet.org/story/154774/the_top_10_reasons_i_don't_believe_in_god

If it were, people wouldn't just believe whatever religion they were taught as children, simply because it was what they were taught as children. The fact that religion runs so firmly in families strongly suggests that it is not a perception of a real phenomenon. It is a dogma, supported and perpetuated by tradition and social pressure -- and in many cases, by fear and intimidation. Not by reality.

And its gone.
Paultango

Activity: 205

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:43:38 AM

Yeah religion surely poison to society before there was no religion everyone brain is in order now its not even functioning.
Kartikay

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:13:31 AM

The purpose of the Jewish religion is the same as that of the Christian religion. What is this purpose? It is salvation of the soul, so that people can live in the next life, forever, rather than die for eternity.

Cool
All Abrahamic religions believes in salvation of soul and Indian religions like hinduism, jainism, buddhism, sikhism believe in liberation from circle of re-birth. Every religion has it's own belief. But all of them want people to stay away from sins not to commit them.
Nevis

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:19:16 AM

Cool
All Abrahamic religions believes in salvation of soul and Indian religions like hinduism, jainism, buddhism, sikhism believe in liberation from circle of re-birth. Every religion has it's own belief. But all of them want people to stay away from sins not to commit them.
not just christians all religion mention above is poison to humanity making believe that dont exist and no scientific explanation.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:13:30 PM

Cool
not just christians all religion mention above is poison to humanity making believe that dont exist and no scientific explanation.

Here's the problem. People are religion creatures. If you took all religions away from all people, they would simply create more religions to fill the gaps. Even the few people who suggest that they don't have a religion, still do have a religion. Their religion is simply a religion of non-religion.

You can't get away from religion, and you really don't want to. When I say "you," I don't mean the general audience. I mean YOU, Nevis.

Cool

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 03:20:42 AM

Cool

Here's the problem. People are religion creatures. If you took all religions away from all people, they would simply create more religions to fill the gaps. Even the few people who suggest that they don't have a religion, still do have a religion. Their religion is simply a religion of non-religion.

You can't get away from religion, and you really don't want to. When I say "you," I don't mean the general audience. I mean YOU, Nevis.

Cool

So if you believe people will just make up religions for some reason, you don't think there's "one true god"?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:23:16 AM

So if you believe people will just make up religions for some reason, you don't think there's "one true god"?

+1

He basically just admitted all religions are man-made to fill the gaps in knowledge/understanding

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: