Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Christianity is Poison  (Read 52550 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:40:16 PM

I've read many, many books, and the Bible, and Koran, are the most elegantly written.
Note: you sound exactly like Trump, a known liar/con-artist (you know its a lie when he says, "believe me")

I haven't read the Quran myself, but I hear it is elegant when read in Arabic (but many become atheist after reading it in English, they say it's ugly)

The bible on the other hand, not so much... It's not poetic, it has pages full of laws, genealogies, etc., not elegant (though most of the laws are quite amusing... can't wear clothing made of 2 different fabrics, or eat meat and cheese in the same meal... wtf?)

The bible is full of atrocious behavior (as noted above), which you apparently don't mind...

I agree that 2000+ years ago, times were different... but the point is... to an eternal god, it should not change... a god with no beginning or end, who knows all of space-time, would not be such a prick in the old testament (angry, jealous, vengeful, spiteful), and a nice guy in the new testament... eternity doesn't work like that, it's a blatant contradiction

Multiple people have provided passages contradicting your claim that the bible is elegantly written...

Do you have any passages to support your claim, or are we supposed to believe you without any facts or evidence to back up your claim?
What claims have I made? Ive stated that I think the Bible is the bees knees, as far as writing goes. Ive also stated that I think Jesus was a badass speaker.
It would also contribute to my post count, which is most righteous for my bitcoin wallet.

So, where do we disagree?

So let's get to know each other, Moloch. Your move.

Did you just completely ignore my entire post?

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that the bible is a elegantly written, "the bees knees as far as writing goes"?

It seems like you only care about your post count, and not having an actual discussion, which requires reading, answering questions, posting facts and evidence to back up a claim, etc

If you are talking about getting rid of all the evil on earth, that will happen for you when you die. Nobody talks about evil after they are dead.

The Bible simply explains about the New Heavens and the New Earth, and the permanent destruction of this one, so that all evil will be destroyed, and the good will remain in the new universe.

Latch onto the knowledge in the Bible so that you can live with the good rather than be destroyed with the evil.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:11:24 PM

The Bible is lying to you. In religion each pursues his goal. The clergy live at the expense of deceived their people, and people are willing to be deceived but would not take responsibility for decisions. How they want to do what they are told.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:33:09 PM

No, Moloch, I was trying to respond to you in a civil fashion, and explain my motivations. Identifying motivations is key to solving problems involving human actors, I was trying to be efficient. My apologies if it came off wrong.

Yes, I dispute your claim that Leviticus is full of laughably silly laws, to use your parlance in summation. The following few sentences are my argument as evidence. The laws in question were a specific covenant with a specific set of God's followers, and have additional historical context. In my opinion (which doesn't really matter) they served multiple purposes: they spelled out rules for hygiene at a time when people that disease was a magical function, they set up rules for the religious caste and property ownership/ community duties (the Levite's and the complicated relationship with the rest of the tribes, being the dedicated priestly tribe), and rules on sexual congress at a time when sister fucking was a meh thing. The rules are blunt, admittedly, but for a reason: they are being dictated to a simpler people, and broadly enough to stand the test of future interpretation. I don't get all of them, to be sure; I have no beef with shellfish (see what I did there?) But just because I don't understand something doesn't invalidate it.

Which leads to my next argument (notice I'm not citing verse, you seem aware of the Book, there is no need). Just because there is a singular undesirable part of a thing, does not mean that the whole is invalidated. Especially with a concept such as elegance, which is purely subjective in the first place. Hell, this whole convo is pretty meaningless given we are arguing opinion; I was surprised you engaged me in this manner, given that I was offering such subjective content initially in our discussion (my opinion of the mop video). Anywho, I'll give one of my favorite books (well, series of books), the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It's a lot, but suffice it to say there is every form of fuckery known to man (rape, murder, witchcraft, pedophilia, shit, if it's bad, it happened). But, it's part of the story; it helps define the experience through contrast, or simply illustrates the starkness of the situation.

As far as expressing a lineage in writing in a format that would stand future interpretation and translation, how would you have done it?

And my favorite passage at the moment (it changes, but I always come back to this because it is so universal) is this, an example of the elegance I was talking about (at least in my opinion, which isn't the same as your obviously). We will never agree on your argument, we are giving opinions and not facts. So, fittingly:

Ecclesiastes 1

Everything Is Meaningless
1 The words of the Teacher,[a] son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
    says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
    Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
    at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
    but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
    and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
    and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
    ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
    yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
    there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
    more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
    nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
    “Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
    it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
    and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
    by those who follow them.

Wouldn't you agree? Wink
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:51:14 PM

As far as expressing a lineage in writing in a format that would stand future interpretation and translation, how would you have done it?

I wouldn't... it's silly, and nonsense claiming people live 500-1000 years... nonsense
There is zero point in a genealogy beyond trying to provide evidence that such people existed... which a genealogy can't do anyway...

says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
    and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
    there they return again.
    more than one can say.
will not be remembered

Wouldn't you agree?

No... it's the words of someone who doesn't understand where the water in rivers comes from (verse 7)

Life is not meaningless, it's an evolution... like all things, society evolves a little at a time...

"What do people gain from all their labors at which they toil under the sun?" (verse 3)
Everything!  He gets to eat, have shelter, discuss religion on the internet with random strangers

"there is nothing new under the sun" (verse 9)
wtf?  New things are invented every day!  Was this guy born in the bronze age or something?

I suppose you could call it poetic because its in the form of poetry, but it's just ignorance when you really look at the meaning of the words

There is nothing profound or moving in this poetry... it's quite lacking

I hope that isn't your best example
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:29:49 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 11:39:58 PM by GreenBits

I wouldn't... it's silly, and nonsense claiming people live 500-1000 years... nonsense
There is zero point in a genealogy beyond trying to provide evidence that such people existed... which a genealogy can't do anyway...

says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
    and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
    there they return again.
    more than one can say.
will not be remembered

Wouldn't you agree?

No... it's the words of someone who doesn't understand where the water in rivers comes from (verse 7)

Life is not meaningless, it's an evolution... like all things, society evolves a little at a time...

"What do people gain from all their labors at which they toil under the sun?" (verse 3)
Everything!  He gets to eat, have shelter, discuss religion on the internet with random strangers

wtf?  New things are invented every day!  Was this guy born in the bronze age or something?

I suppose you could call it poetic because its in the form of poetry, but it's just ignorance when you really look at the meaning of the words

I disagree. But I still lurvs you.

Again, we are arguing opinion. This will go nowhere. And, you have alot of hostile tone bleeding through, it's difficult to read your intent. I haven't really attacked atheism like you have attacked Christianity, because I don't really gave any spare fucks to give out. But if I did, we would simply be comparing and contrasting two religions with opinions (atheism and christianity). We might as well be bragging about our favorite team.

But yeah, man, I fucking love those words. So sorry, if that didn't do it for you,.

Thanks for your time Wink that wasn't productive, but it did offer useful insight.

And on a meta thought, the religion threads have been hot tonight, this may have been productive after all. We got people reading and thinking, high five.
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:27:57 AM

says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
    and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
    there they return again.
    more than one can say.
will not be remembered

Wouldn't you agree?

I disagree. But I still lurvs you.

Again, we are arguing opinion. This will go nowhere. And, you have alot of hostile tone bleeding through, it's difficult to read your intent. I haven't really attacked atheism like you have attacked Christianity, because I don't really gave any spare fucks to give out. But if I did, we would simply be comparing and contrasting two religions with opinions (atheism and christianity). We might as well be bragging about our favorite team.

But yeah, man, I fucking love those words. So sorry, if that didn't do it for you,.

Thanks for your time Wink that wasn't productive, but it did offer useful insight.

And on a meta thought, the religion threads have been hot tonight, this may have been productive after all. We got people reading and thinking, high five.

If that is the style of fictional writing you like..... "power to you".

Me, I prefer "Lord of the Rings".

It has a way better story line.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:52:27 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 05:06:47 PM by Moloch

I disagree. But I still lurvs you...

Ignorance is bliss... literally...

It's a proven fact that stupid people are happier

It's a proven fact that religious people have lower IQ

Idiots are happy believing in fairy tales... intelligent people, not so much

Charles de Gaulle was quoted as saying, 'Happy people are idiots'

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:58:57 PM

Seccerius

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:32:55 AM

Despite the fact that I was baptized as a child, that's why I did not choose my faith, but I am very pleased. I am glad that I am not worried about this peasant at the same time. I'm not a fan of faith, but I am a peasant.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:38:36 PM

I disagree. But I still lurvs you...

Ignorance is bliss... literally... - At least until the pain comes from not perceiving the danger.

It's a proven fact that stupid people are happier - But they are dead people when the trouble gets too great.

It's a proven fact that religious people have lower IQ - Since all people are religious beings, this only applies to the direction opposite of their intelligence.

Idiots are happy believing in fairy tales... intelligent people, not so much - Many people believe the fairy tales of big bang theory, black hole theory, relativity theory, evolution theory, etc., etc.

Charles de Gaulle was quoted as saying, 'Happy people are idiots'

- Yet, Charles de Gaulle is dead. So is his religion. Happiness should be a goal in life. It can be achieved in almost every situation.

The Christian is far happier at his own death than the so-called atheist.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BTC STRATEGIST

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:16:50 PM

It makes no sense that the relatively short life we live on this planet, at most 100 years and perhaps as brief as a few minutes, would be used by a God to determine our ultimate destiny, one that will last trillions and trillions of years and beyond. This would be like compensating a baseball player for his entire career based on how he performs in his first major league at bat. If he hits a home run, he would receive a high salary, but if he strikes out, he will get only minimum wage throughout his career no matter how well he plays thereafter. The time difference between the trial period and the punishment/reward period is drastically out of sync.

Some Christians say that God will give people another chance after they die to accept his grace, but if that is true, then why be so concerned about the unsaved in this life? And if you get a second chance after you die, you will obviously know that Christianity is true, making the decision to believe not a matter of faith, but of fact. This makes no sense, and it would render the core theology of Christianity meaningless.
sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:39:16 PM

That's not a wise issue to discuss, why you are calling poison.?.I don't know what program with you and what's the reason behind it.?.
No religion is poison, proper religion never be like that.. Every religion show us to the way of beautiful meaning of Life.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:31:17 PM

It makes no sense that the relatively short life we live on this planet, at most 100 years and perhaps as brief as a few minutes, would be used by a God to determine our ultimate destiny, one that will last trillions and trillions of years and beyond. This would be like compensating a baseball player for his entire career based on how he performs in his first major league at bat. If he hits a home run, he would receive a high salary, but if he strikes out, he will get only minimum wage throughout his career no matter how well he plays thereafter. The time difference between the trial period and the punishment/reward period is drastically out of sync.

Some Christians say that God will give people another chance after they die to accept his grace, but if that is true, then why be so concerned about the unsaved in this life? And if you get a second chance after you die, you will obviously know that Christianity is true, making the decision to believe not a matter of faith, but of fact. This makes no sense, and it would render the core theology of Christianity meaningless.

This was one of the first problems I noticed with christianity

The average life expectancy was 30 years throughout history... many people were born in countries where they have different religions, and may not have heard of Jesus... 30 years is not long enough to study all the major religions and figure out which one is correct... so 99% of people will go to heaven/hell based solely upon where they were born and what religion their parents were

Only a stupid/jerk of a god would set up such rules
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:50:38 PM

The average life expectancy was 30 years throughout history... many people were born in countries where they have different religions, and may not have heard of Jesus... 30 years is not long enough to study all the major religions and figure out which one is correct... so 99% of people will go to heaven/hell based solely upon where they were born and what religion their parents were

People essentially asked for death when they ate of the fruit in the Garden. Who cares how long it takes. As long as they people are saved for everlasting life in the new universe God is creating.

Cool

Karloff

Activity: 256

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:55:02 PM

That's not a wise issue to discuss, why you are calling poison.?.I don't know what program with you and what's the reason behind it.?.
No religion is poison, proper religion never be like that.. Every religion show us to the way of beautiful meaning of Life.

In reasonable quantities, religion is really created to show the beauty of life, but fanatical religion is poison.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:14:12 PM

When your religion gets pwnd by a 12 year-old...

Atheist 7th Grader asks Christian philosopher about Noah's Ark

Oh, the feels
Forester618

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:56:49 PM

In reasonable quantities, religion is really created to show the beauty of life, but fanatical religion is poison.
And within reasonable limits what is good in religion. The principle of religion is to make man humble. You think it's okay? No religion is poison, it poisons not only the body and the mind.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:01:57 PM

People essentially asked for death when they ate of the fruit in the Garden. Who cares how long it takes. As long as they people are saved for everlasting life in the new universe God is creating.

Cool

So now you got a memo that God is creating a new universe?

Are you on the Camarillo State Mental Hospital mailing list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEitQqAQ78M

Are you trying to tell me you sent me a memo? What kind of a funny farm are you in?

Cool

Sanekavg13

Activity: 285

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:37:01 PM

And within reasonable limits what is good in religion. The principle of religion is to make man humble. You think it's okay? No religion is poison, it poisons not only the body and the mind.

A moderate amount of modesty is normal, so there is nothing wrong with religion if you do not take it too seriously.
Barrymore

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:52:12 PM

A moderate amount of modesty is normal, so there is nothing wrong with religion if you do not take it too seriously.
It is not about modesty. We are talking about worship. Religion taught man to meekly carry out the orders of God which proceed from the mouth of priests. Do you think this is acceptable. LOL!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: