Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:16:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
MatDerKater

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:02:25 PM

Well, congrats to Mat for the MatTheMat reverse indicator working like a champ again.  A call for $1500 was made and now we're looking at a nice $1100 bear market.

When I first made that call, Bitcoin was $550.

Way way too early to be calling an end to the Bull Run just let, as much as you would like it to be the case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:24:54 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2017, 12:42:08 PM by Torque

“With growth momentum nearing its peak and rates increasing further with a hawkish Fed, the asymmetry for equities is turning increasingly negative. This also means more vulnerability to potential shocks, e.g., from European politics, US policy, commodities and China. The increase in risk appetite in recent months and strong positioning by systematic investors such as CTAs and risk parity funds increases ‘vol of vol’ risk, i.e., the potential for a sharp correction.”
-Goldman Sachs, March 15th, 2017

Lol.

Yeah, they're actually admitting to the fact that equities prices are completely divorced from fundamentals, and couple that with higher rates, the stock market bubble will likely pop. What an f-ing joke.
MatDerKater

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:15:01 PM

“With growth momentum nearing its peak and rates increasing further with a hawkish Fed, the asymmetry for equities is turning increasingly negative. This also means more vulnerability to potential shocks, e.g., from European politics, US policy, commodities and China. The increase in risk appetite in recent months and strong positioning by systematic investors such as CTAs and risk parity funds increases ‘vol of vol’ risk, i.e., the potential for a sharp correction.”
-Goldman Sachs, March 15th, 2017

Lol.

Yeah, they're actually admitting to the fact that equities prices are completely divorced from fundamentals, and couple that with higher rates, the stock market bubble will likely pop. What an f-ing joke.

Last time I read a Goldman Sachs press statement, it was Jan 2016, Oil was $25, and Goldman predicted that oil was going to go to $10, where it would stay for decades. Oil is currently around $50. I wonder which side of the bet Goldman Sachs overwhelmingly took?

In the name of sustaining perpetual growth over the past 100 years, we have already seen the dollar become 100 times less valuable. Who is to say that the dollar can't devalue itself another 100 times yet? The US, and the world, now has a president Donald Trump. He has filled his cabinet with Alpha Males, from corporate executives to four star generals. He wants to 'Make America Great Again'. That means spending a shit ton on infrastructure. Roads, bridges, 'the Wall', and of course upgrading the military (like the US needs an even more powerful military). Trump is going to get the capital from the financial institutions, at rock bottom interest rates. The Trump government is going to spunk billions, if not trillions into Main Street, with all the big contracts going to select US corporations, who are going to create jobs in the US. As all that base money starts to circulate around the real economy, in and out of the pockets of the man on the street, the opportunity will arise for actors within the economy to take on more and more debt and those trillions of QE M0, will start to be multiplied.

With interest rates hovering around record lows, with negative interest rates already in place across major financial jurisdictions across the globe, I suspect the fiat currency inflation 'bull market', is yet to pop. I suspect the parabolic move up is pending. Whether this results in a hyperinflationary crash, or whether everything is somehow held together and we just get used to the price of a good burger stabliising at around $250, who knows? Travel back 50 years and tell the average Joe how much a burger would cost in 2017, and he would be incredulous, yet here we are. It's all just numbers in a big hookey game.

Also worth noting is that Donald Trump is on record stating that low interest rates are great. Keeps the US economy propped up, and wipes out the value of US debt in the hands of foreign creditors. An example of hims stating as much will be easy to find on YouTube.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:26:19 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2017, 01:40:28 PM by Torque

Yeah, inflation is real and has been going on for some time now. It's the way the Powers that Be can 'socialize their losses' to the masses without raising taxes.  Privatize successes, socialize losses. That's their game.

Pretty much like the frog in a slow-boiling pot scenario, prices go up but inflation-adjusted income stays flat or declines.  Do that over a long enough period and the sheeple go about their lives and barely notice.... until they start to wonder why they can't afford a good life like their parents had, or why they can't seem to make enough money, no matter how hard they try. Or why they can't afford to even have one child, let along multiple, like their parents could.

They don't really notice that their school loans, power bill, food bill, cable bill, health insurance, and maintenance costs have doubled over the last 7 years, while their income stayed the same.  Even purchases like the price of new cars have increased 20-25% over the last decade, yet the sheeple act like nothing happened.
MatDerKater

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:39:27 PM

Yeah, inflation is real and has been going on for some time now. It's the way the Powers that Be can 'socialize their losses' to the masses without raising taxes.  Privatize successes, socialize losses. That's their game.

Yep. We should have had a massive deflationary crash, but Helicopter Ben staved it off, and shored up the balance sheets of the financial institutions with trillions of fresh new M0 USD, created as a debt on the US taxpayers. Thus far, because the economy has been stagnant, that capital is all been stored up in bonds and has been responsible for pushing equities up. We haven't seen the real effects of inflation on prices, because all the new cash just hasn't been flowing around.....but when it does, i.e. when/if Trump gets his way, then I believe we will see the prices of everything rocket.

Whether this translates into another boom period or not, I think is impossible to predict. We are in unprecedented territory here with near zero or even negative interest rates. How does this even work? How are 'savings' meant to function? Furthermore, much of global consumption/demand in recent decades has been to feed China's export driven economy. As everyone knows, in order to keep themselves competitive, China pegged their CNY to the USD, keeping it artificially low, by printing more and more CNY to buy up all the excess USD being used to buy Chinese goods, thus importing US inflation. If Trump gets his way, and the probable rapid price inflation sets in as a result, then this seriously undermines the value of all the USD bonds held by the Chinese and indeed all other foreign entities, and this is not to mention the notion of Trump imposing tariffs on Chinese imports and/or finding other means of discouraging Chinese and other foreign imports.

So Chinese/global exports down, USD price inflation drastically up, trust in US debt down, which means that interest rates have to either rise a lot, or the Fed will have to keep on printing. Whilst the US economy may experience a brief boom due to Trump's spending spree; the global economy which was being fed by the US's seemingly unlimited consumption based on the power of the USD and the capacity of the financial system to increasingly expand the supply of those dollars, will surely experience a slow down. A real melting pot of contradictory forces, the offshoot of which for me is, that is all surely must lead to a big lapse in the confidence of US debt, if not an outright collapse, and to what, does capital turn to when confidence in the reserve currency subsides?

Bitcoin? (lol). Sure, Bitcoin and other cryptos may well catch a stupendous bid here, but hold on to yer hat and be prepared for the possibility of losing yer entire pot.

Gold! Gold is real wealth, and to where the serious money will always run.

They don't really notice that their school loans, power bill, food bill, cable bill, health insurance, and maintenance costs have doubled over the last 7 years, while their income stayed the same.  Even purchases like the price of new cars have increased 20-25% over the last decade, yet the sheeple act like nothing happened.

They notice alright, and then they turn around and blame immigrants. This is why 'they' have seen to it that Europe has been flooded with Islamic immigrants as a result of the Zionist wars destabilising the Middle East and removing stable regimes which would otherwise control areas and enforce borders, and why Hillary was chomping at the bit to give America it's dose of Islamic immigration as well. Give the proles a scapegoat. Keep everyone at everyone else's throats.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:07:25 PM

No man. Gerbil droppings are real wealth! Because I just said so! No need to back it up with anything like logic and evidence or other such nonsense! Invest in gerbil droppings today!

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MatDerKater

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:44:59 PM

No man. Gerbil droppings are real wealth! Because I just said so! No need to back it up with anything like logic and evidence or other such nonsense! Invest in gerbil droppings today!

Yes, because the elites of various ancient civilisations spanning from the Orient to the New World, used to venerate gerbil droppings. They would decorate their palaces with gerbil droppings, make statues of their gods out of the stuff. They would wear gerbil droppings as jewellery. It is a lilttle known fact that the real goals of the Spanish conquistadors in South America, was to secure the copious supply of gerbil droppings to be found in that continent. Indeed, the Rothchild's cemented their financial power not by controlling the gold market, but by owning all the gerbil droppings.

More recently, post the flattening of Libya and ousting of Gaddafi. Along with all Libya's gold, the 'rebels' also handed over Gaddafi's supply of Gerbil droppings, thus bringing an end to Gaddafi's proposal to launch an African Dinar, backed by Libyan Gerbil droppings, which would be required to buy Libyan oil.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 10:54:16 PM

If you ever thought the debt would not be defaulted on or alternatively devalued by hyperinflation, this mike maloney chart tells you all you need to know about that: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7q-73dpBKo

Alternatively, they can do something like revalue gold at $20,000-$50,000 an ounce, but those are basically the only 3 options.  Places like china + india + russia now own such large amounts of gold they have no incentive to force a gold only standard on people because it would make india too powerful, so they don't really have any reason to try and stop silver from rising too.  The profits are almost mindblowingly unbelievable, but I think you will eventually see something like gold $20,000 silver $600.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatDerKater

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:01:00 AM

If you ever thought the debt would not be defaulted on or alternatively devalued by hyperinflation, this mike maloney chart tells you all you need to know about that:  

Alternatively, they can do something like revalue gold at $20,000-$50,000 an ounce, but those are basically the only 3 options.  Places like china + india + russia now own such large amounts of gold they have no incentive to force a gold only standard on people because it would make india too powerful, so they don't really have any reason to try and stop silver from rising too.  The profits are almost mindblowingly unbelievable, but I think you will eventually see something like gold $20,000 silver $600.

Historically, at the end of a primary business cycle, Gold has always hit parity, or 1/2 with the Dow. If that were to happen tomorrow, then gold would be $21K. That would be something like an 1500% rise. Astounding returns. If/when this happens, it will be a once in a lifetime event and so incredible, that no one will be able to quite believe it...apart from those who have looked at financial history that is.

Meanwhile, DASH is up about the same amount this year, and 1000% in the past month, or 500% in the past week. ETH and XMR just made astounding gains also.

Gold isn't really all that great for speculation. It is a safe guard of wealth. I wouldn't be moving a big bunch of capital into gold seeking gains of several orders of magnitude like we see in Crypto and indeed many conventional stocks. I like holding gold, because it is real wealth and in the long long run, it will also win out, no matter what. In the meantime, we have a very probable US equities boom in front of us, and fuck knows what with crypto. For anyone with a proven track record in trading, I doubt that precious metals are the place to be for the time being. They still consolidating and going by the chart, could do so for another year at least......

.......but for your local friendly neighbourhood black marketeer, who has all his capital in bundles of notes wedged in between his floorboards, now would be a very good time to convert a good chunk of that into precious metals.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:24:51 AM

Alternatively, they can do something like revalue gold at $20,000-$50,000 an ounce, but those are basically the only 3 options.  Places like china + india + russia now own such large amounts of gold they have no incentive to force a gold only standard on people because it would make india too powerful, so they don't really have any reason to try and stop silver from rising too.  The profits are almost mindblowingly unbelievable, but I think you will eventually see something like gold $20,000 silver $600.

Historically, at the end of a primary business cycle, Gold has always hit parity, or 1/2 with the Dow. If that were to happen tomorrow, then gold would be $21K. That would be something like an 1500% rise. Astounding returns. If/when this happens, it will be a once in a lifetime event and so incredible, that no one will be able to quite believe it...apart from those who have looked at financial history that is.

Meanwhile, DASH is up about the same amount this year, and 1000% in the past month, or 500% in the past week. ETH and XMR just made astounding gains also.

Gold isn't really all that great for speculation. It is a safe guard of wealth. I wouldn't be moving a big bunch of capital into gold seeking gains of several orders of magnitude like we see in Crypto and indeed many conventional stocks. I like holding gold, because it is real wealth and in the long long run, it will also win out, no matter what. In the meantime, we have a very probable US equities boom in front of us, and fuck knows what with crypto. For anyone with a proven track record in trading, I doubt that precious metals are the place to be for the time being. They still consolidating and going by the chart, could do so for another year at least......

.......but for your local friendly neighbourhood black marketeer, who has all his capital in bundles of notes wedged in between his floorboards, now would be a very good time to convert a good chunk of that into precious metals.

And if gold were to be revalued so high, that would mean instant inflation. The gold gains would mean you retain your purchasing power, not necessarily become fabulously wealthy.

The crypto gains can and have literally made (and lost) people millions in a very short space of time - btc earliest adopters, eth, xmr.

a lot of luck involved and a lot of obstacles to overcome.

i think it needs a big picture outlook; if you see crypto as an ecosystem / tech growing into the future, this is still kind of the groundfloor. I kick myself for not looking at eth like 2010 bitcoin, & putting 5k in during the crowdsale. It would not hurt too much if I lost it, but the returns are potentially huge.

if crypto gains decent global adoption and the ecosystem continues to grow, it wouldnt be out of order to expect 50x over the next decade. i even read an opinion that if a mid sized btc etf was approved, you'd be looking at 35k per coin. that's a massive risk reward scenario.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:55:06 AM

And if gold were to be revalued so high, that would mean instant inflation. The gold gains would mean you retain your purchasing power, not necessarily become fabulously wealthy.

It won't be inflation, it will be transfer of wealth.  But sure, there could be hyperinflation and god knows what else going on at the same time and maybe you'll see gold revalued to $200,000 an ounce instead.  The act of doing so won't be inflationary though, it will be transfer of wealth of digital and/or paper fiat being invalidated.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:15:02 AM

It won't be inflation, it will be transfer of wealth.  But sure, there could be hyperinflation and god knows what else going on at the same time and maybe you'll see gold revalued to $200,000 an ounce instead.  The act of doing so won't be inflationary though, it will be transfer of wealth of digital and/or paper fiat being invalidated.

so as a way of rebalancing the ridiculous debt situation, governments revert to a gold backed system but all prices stay the same? The reason to revert to gold would be to induce inflation to devalue the debt. It would mean instant inflation as everything is repriced according to gold, no?
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1414

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 02:14:08 PM

The ironic thing is fortunes have been made in manure.  I think it was bird droppings or guano that was actively traded, it helps create good profitable crops

As a manure, guano is a highly effective fertilizer due to its exceptionally high content of nitrogen, phosphate and potassium: nutrients essential for plant growth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guano

There you go, but I dont know about gerbils so much.   Meanwhile the cost of printing of a dollar is an additional burden on tax payers to use, but its ok because in that case we are subdising the farmers to grow the cotton that dollars are printed on.   It would be better if they used crap for batches of money then the present system, kinda unbelievable.  

In that scenario I can only assume bitcoin will find a way to be useful and a better currency then the commodity of crap or the failure of dollar.

Why is BTCchina volume appearing far lower now then year start.  Is all of the current action not as significant.  The chart for BTC In CNY looks better and possibly still in a process of gains if confirming above 6936.   In dollar terms I think its sideways at best till 1073 is regained with apparent confidence

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
MatDerKater

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:47:36 AM

Why is BTCchina volume appearing far lower now then year start.  Is all of the current action not as significant.  The chart for BTC In CNY looks better and possibly still in a process of gains if confirming above 6936.   In dollar terms I think its sideways at best till 1073 is regained with apparent confidence

PBoC told all the Chinese exchanges to stop monkeying around and start charging trade fees for each trade, as a means of putting a halt to high frequency trading, most of which will have been conducted by the house themselves.
MatDerKater

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

This short term trade setup is an absolute Classic with a Capital C.

Flag formation right beneath the 38.2% retrace line, Harmonic AB=CD lining up with Volume Profile POC and 61.8% retrace. A no brainer (if it fires):

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 08:32:12 PM

I see lots of good opinions on this thread confirming what I've known for a few years now. Gold, Silver and Bitcoin.
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1414

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 11:21:36 AM

And copper ?  the peoples metal and of industry.  In china they have been banned from exchanging copper as a currency substitute, this was largely between building firms as it was considered superior to cash

1270 is 78.6% retracement of the recent irregular high to low and matches the more regular previous highs. Seems a fair place to mark significance in either holding as a ceiling or passing and establishing above for further gains.

1270 marked a high and a good place to sell in the ongoing protocol 'debate'     I dont know if we have passed that potential fork idea and so calm has returned to otherwise quite regular uptrend (relative to btc volatility)

Bitcoin has recently passed 1050 with good momentum that appears confident to build further.   Very close but also significant I think is 61% retracement of the ETF low and high, which is 1100.   Again marking this area with confidence is bullish longer term and short term its reasonable for it to be a rough ceiling till the market can achieve that.

The multi year trend matches the recent low of 900 or 888 and my guess is bitcoin retains a good trend upwards over this year despite recent doubts.   Many expected gains after the block reward reduced but proper moves take much more time and I think this action now is the tail end of previous changes and good continued use of the blockchain by many global entities. 
  As well as the chart it'd be good to have a record of transaction and perhaps approximate value conveyed within hashing operations to confirm a positive trend in business not just apparent price of each coin

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 04:40:22 AM

I see lots of good opinions on this thread confirming what I've known for a few years now. Gold, Silver and Bitcoin.

I think the odds are kind of high that bitcoin will have no use or value at all during the coming financial implosion.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:59:57 AM

And why bitcoin can't compete with gold and silver in that new system in the long run:

Bitcoin is a currency not money.  If you don't agree, YOU don't understand finance.  It's a Rube Goldberg machine and nothing more.  No random bullshit made up of completely arbitary variables created by humans is money.  Money represents goods and services or the ability to do work.  It's required to be connected to some type of commodity or energy resource if you're abstracting the system away from barter, otherwise the system is easily gamed and implodes as always.

Bitcoin is not a real commodity, it's a poor immitation like some type of tranny.  The sunk cost in so called "creating" a bitcoin in the past does not transfer into delivering anything tangible into the future.  It's more like a steady state system that can catastrophically fail and vaporize all imaginary "wealth" attached to it at any time - the glaring trait of all currencies past and future.  One of the main reasons the noble metals are valued (gold and silver) are the anti-corrosive properties to defeat time itself, which guarantees you the ability to transfer that unit of account from the past to future, UNLIKE bitcoin.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MatDerKater

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:03:45 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 09:16:00 AM by MatDerKater

I think the odds are kind of high that bitcoin will have no use or value at all during the coming financial implosion.

I wanted to buy an expensive item the other day, for which I needed to transfer EUR to GBP.

My first thought was to use Bitcoin for the 'fast easy transfer' of wealth. Obviously, I couldn't be bothered with transferring funds to Stamp, where I still haven't submitted to their ridiculous KYC requests, and I shall never transfer funds to Kraken ever again, cos these fuckers robbed me, told me my computer must have spyware and then told me to fuck off. This left LocalBitcoin. By the time all the vendor premiums were factored in, I would have been taking an 8% haircut on my capital. Fuck that! Better just taking a shafting from the banks!

Instead, I used Transferwise and incurred a fee of 0.36%.

In the developed world, Bitcoin really has no viable use beyond speculation and black market transactions and Bitcoin totally relies upon fiat currencies and their associated infrastructure in order to have any purpose whatsoever. I could see Bitcoin really taking a bid during periods of instability in one particular fiat currency should external currencies remain 'strong', (I am thinking CNY v USD here), but in the long run, Bitcoin is of course vapour.

Whilst crypto is here to stay, Bitcoin is to crypto what the Zeppelin 'von Hindenburg' was to trans-Atlantic flight. A monstrous looking contraption that got a hitherto impossible job done, until it all went up in a ball of flames and was replaced by better alterntives.

And why bitcoin can't compete with gold and silver in that new system in the long run:

Bitcoin is a currency not money.  If you don't agree, YOU don't understand finance.  It's a Rube Goldberg machine and nothing more.  No random bullshit made up of completely arbitary variables created by humans is money.  Money represents goods and services or the ability to do work.  It's required to be connected to some type of commodity or energy resource if you're abstracting the system away from barter, otherwise the system is easily gamed and implodes as always.

Bitcoin is not a real commodity, it's a poor immitation like some type of tranny.  The sunk cost in so called "creating" a bitcoin in the past does not transfer into delivering anything tangible into the future.  It's more like a steady state system that can catastrophically fail and vaporize all imaginary "wealth" attached to it at any time - the glaring trait of all currencies past and future.  One of the main reasons the noble metals are valued (gold and silver) are the anti-corrosive properties to defeat time itself, which guarantees you the ability to transfer that unit of account from the past to future, UNLIKE bitcoin.

Still very curious about this sudden change of tune that seemed to totally and 100% coincide with the Bitfinex scam r0ach? Cos you never lost a single penny there, right!?

I of course agree with you that Bitcoin is vapour, but that doesn't mean that there still isn't a good 35% up move left to come in Bitcoin before the fat lady sings? Isn't it your job to take advantage of market swings regardless of any philosophical concerns about the underlying asset?

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: