Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473054 times)
pcminerx

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:01:43 PM

I am no dev, but according to slack the wallet is a fork of the Dash wallet which still contains branding of Dash in the ION version.   Roll Eyes

Well is that not what every coin wallet is except a select few? He is only one guy with a small amount of time.

Who's "he"? Ionomy supposedly has 5-10 full-time employees so please be more specific.

He is rd, he is talking about the android mobile wallet I think, it still had a few dash png's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 10:15:11 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 01:11:01 PM by rdewilde

I am no dev, but according to slack the wallet is a fork of the Dash wallet which still contains branding of Dash in the ION version.   Roll Eyes

Yes it is a fork, which makes sense because, ion, dash etc are forks too. That's how it works, nobody's going to re-invent the same wheel, at least not the smart people. Forking is not a bad thing.

If you see Dash brandings where ut is not supposed to be, message me and I'll fix it when I have time. Just pushed an update to fix the small notification icon when you get a new transaction.

Also, I have no problem with Dash. In the little time I have, I tried to remove the Dash references as it is supposed to be an ION wallet, but the developers that created bitcoinj and this wallet get full credit from me. If you open the wallet, and go to settings, about, you will see it is all there. They deserve it. It's no secret either.

And yes, bounty was 10k + 5k + 5k bonus. More bounties available, so if you are good at forking and/or coding, you're more than welcome.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:57:40 AM

Quote from Huey in Slack in regard to his past involvements:

"Just fyi my and others involvement in xpy was that of a we bought a ton of it and we're scamed
We didn't run it.. design it... launch it.. or profit from it.
We tried to help salvage it yes.. but that was doomed from the start"

why not tell the whole story Huey? Why didn't you explain to the user how deeply engrained with GAW you were? How awesome you thought Josh and GAW were?  Per an archived post around here somewhere, Huey basically declared his allegiance to GAW and gave the XPY project credibility. Saying it was real and he met the GAW team and he has no reservations about XPY and GAW.  But wait, he just said he knew it was doomed from the start. Welcome to the contradiction train fellas.

Buy moar ION, Ask MrCoins for advice. Eh, just save a mind numbing conversation and just buy more ION than you can afford!

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:26:23 AM

"Just fyi my and others involvement in xpy was that of a we bought a ton of it and we're scamed

why not tell the whole story Huey? Why didn't you explain to the user how deeply engrained with GAW you were? How awesome you thought Josh and GAW were?  Per an archived post around here somewhere, Huey basically declared his allegiance to GAW and gave the XPY project credibility. Saying it was real and he met the GAW team and he has no reservations about XPY and GAW.  But wait, he just said he knew it was doomed from the start. Welcome to the contradiction train fellas.

Buy moar ION, Ask MrCoins for advice. Eh, just save a mind numbing conversation and just buy more ION than you can afford!

i think its well established huey is a scumbag with a debt he wants to eliminate. an honest person would tell the whole story. truth is huey has no clue and is an ideas guy trying to run s coin. he thinks getting an ico and funding dev stuff will make him riches. he bags game credits out of competition spite. in truth hes a guy with no experience or skillset trying to be the next crypto millionaire. its beyond me how wildshark and others have faith in him.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 11:28:28 AM

i think its well established huey is a scumbag with a debt he wants to eliminate. an honest person would tell the whole story. truth is huey has no clue and is an ideas guy trying to run s coin. he thinks getting an ico and funding dev stuff will make him riches. he bags game credits out of competition spite. in truth hes a guy with no experience or skillset trying to be the next crypto millionaire. its beyond me how wildshark and others have faith in him.

He must only speak in half truths. For the sake of all who are deeply invested (minus the ignorant fucking shills), that Huey does pull this off. I honestly don't want to see this crowd be involved in another failed project, even though it is their choice to play with this team. It'll only cast more black clouds over crypto. Which is why half baked clone coins are good for nothing but negative exposure to the crypto world.

altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 12:41:35 PM

He must only speak in half truths. For the sake of all who are deeply invested (minus the ignorant fucking shills), that Huey does pull this off. I honestly don't want to see this crowd be involved in another failed project, even though it is their choice to play with this team. It'll only cast more black clouds over crypto. Which is why half baked clone coins are good for nothing but negative exposure to the crypto world.

Is this the link you mean? To be fair to Huey, and as much as I enjoy laughing at the ionites generally, I don't think he ever claims to have met Garza or the GAW team in person. This isn't a Roger Ver & MtGox level of shadiness we're talking about here. This just strikes me as being (and I've said this before) the words of a very trusting and naive investor who probably genuinely did believe at the time that GAW and the wider paycoin community was going to kickstart taking crypto 'mainstream'.

I'm not disputing the fact that trying to continue with paycoin even after Garza had left and the 'community' was decimated was foolish. It clearly wasn't going anywhere and clearly wasn't going to work. Honestly, though, this project is exactly the same as most crypto projects. It's being run on a relatively small budget from crowdfunding, and relies heavily on volunteer and part time staffing. There are numerous holes in the business plan, strategy and most notably their communications because honestly, it's a largely amateur outfit.

The bar for entry with crypto projects, particularly ICOs, is very, very low. There are enough people who are either desperate for ideological reasons for crypto to succeed or who are obsessed with chasing the dream of being an early investor in something that blows up like Bitcoin that if you even project yourself as half competent, you can raise enough cash to either make an exit scam seem attractive, or keep a 'company' afloat for a while.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:12:15 PM

Is this the link you mean? To be fair to Huey, and as much as I enjoy laughing at the ionites generally, I don't think he ever claims to have met Garza or the GAW team in person. This isn't a Roger Ver & MtGox level of shadiness we're talking about here. This just strikes me as being (and I've said this before) the words of a very trusting and naive investor who probably genuinely did believe at the time that GAW and the wider paycoin community was going to kickstart taking crypto 'mainstream'.

I'm not disputing the fact that trying to continue with paycoin even after Garza had left and the 'community' was decimated was foolish. It clearly wasn't going anywhere and clearly wasn't going to work. Honestly, though, this project is exactly the same as most crypto projects. It's being run on a relatively small budget from crowdfunding, and relies heavily on volunteer and part time staffing. There are numerous holes in the business plan, strategy and most notably their communications because honestly, it's a largely amateur outfit.

The bar for entry with crypto projects, particularly ICOs, is very, very low. There are enough people who are either desperate for ideological reasons for crypto to succeed or who are obsessed with chasing the dream of being an early investor in something that blows up like Bitcoin that if you even project yourself as half competent, you can raise enough cash to either make an exit scam seem attractive, or keep a 'company' afloat for a while.

I agree, I don't see where he specifically says he meets the GAW team personally. I also wasn't trying to insinuate that. I was trying to illustrate the contradictions between what Huey said in Slack today (new it was doomed from the start) to what he said in the GAW days (the more I get to know this team, the more comfortable I get, yada, yada, yada). He sure as shit made it sound like he believed 1000% in XPY. But today he says it was doomed from the start.

So I am confused by Huey. If he knew it was doomed from the start, why make that post (thanks for the archive link by the way) and why continue to try and prop up something that was so obviously doomed from the start?

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:14:12 PM

As you are quoting out of context, i will tell your full story.

This was huey's response from someone who did HIS OWN research and came to certain conclusions.

If you quote someone without asking permission, please be sure you do it right. Also I think you are expressing your opinion while you try to make it look factual, but in fact it is really vague "Per an archived post around here somewhere". I would suggest not jumping conclusions if you are not sure.

Can you quote what source you use to conclude he was more involved than what he says he is?

Alltheshort kindly linked it for me. See it in the post above you. You will see where he states that he believes in GAW and what they weee doing, yet today stated he knew it was doomed from the start. Which is it?

Here it is directly: http://archive.is/pEsCb#selection-773.1-811.54

Please explain how what he said today is not in complete contradiction to what he said in this archived post. That enough sources for you or would do you need me to post the exact screen shot of Huey saying it, just in case I spelled a word wrong?

kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:17:05 PM

does anyone really think they sold subscriptions and other fluff for a loss (things they generated from thin air)? no
they just noticed they werent making enough profits
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:26:41 PM

This was huey's response from someone who did HIS OWN research and came to certain conclusions.

If you quote someone without asking permission, please be sure you do it right. Also I think you are expressing your opinion while you try to make it look factual, but in fact it is really vague "Per an archived post around here somewhere". I would suggest not jumping conclusions if you are not sure.

Can you quote what source you use to conclude he was more involved than what he says he is?

Alltheshort kindly linked it for me. See it in the post above you. You will see where he states that he believes in GAW and what they weee doing, yet today stated he knew it was doomed from the start. Which is it?

Please explain how what he said today is not in complete contradiction to what he said in this archived post. That enough sources for you or would do you need me to post the exact screen shot of Huey saying it, just in case I spelled a word wrong?

Thanks for sharing! I understand the contradiction, but I don't see how this has to be a lie. Also he makes very clear he has been a "customer". I think it is good if we could agree on that.

How can having faith in GAW and the project and declaring it for all to read on Hashtalk be the same as knowing it was doomed from the start?  Could you explain how you don't think this has to be a lie?

Customer, agreed.

altheshort

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:52:02 PM

Thanks for sharing! I understand the contradiction, but I don't see how this has to be a lie. Also he makes very clear he has been a "customer". I think it is good if we could agree on that.

How can having faith in GAW and the project and declaring it for all to read on Hashtalk be the same as knowing it was doomed from the start?  Could you explain how you don't think this has to be a lie?

Customer, agreed.

I think what he means is that (with the benefit of hindsight) the attempt XPY.io made to salvage paycoin post-Garza was doomed from the start.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:01:46 PM

How can having faith in GAW and the project and declaring it for all to read on Hashtalk be the same as knowing it was doomed from the start?  Could you explain how you don't think this has to be a lie?

Customer, agreed.

I think what he means is that (with the benefit of hindsight) the attempt XPY.io made to salvage paycoin post-Garza was doomed from the start.

I got you.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:05:50 PM

Not being smart enough to realize GAW was a scam from the start AND getting as deeply invested as he did is not a good thing for someone claiming to be able to do what he is claiming to be able to do.

None of that changes the fact that xpybits or whatever team or foundation he was part of after Garza ran away was a complete failure.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 05:29:19 PM

Customer, agreed.

Which he still attempted even though everyone else except the ~100 or so hardcore XPY bagholders had already realized that it's a bad idea.

How that (not to mention having bought "a ton" of XPY to begin with) never bothers ionomy bagholders is still a great source of amusement to me. It looks more like a gambling addiction than a business plan at this time. Let's buy some shitcoin, oops we got scammed. Let's try to resuscitate said shitcoin, oops that was doomed. Let's start another project, oops we can't deliver on time or communicate or register a business. But let's keep asking for money cuz those slackers love giving it to us. Amazeballs.
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 06:56:11 PM

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
altheshort

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:44:05 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 08:40:08 PM by altheshort

I should post this, with respect to rdewilde stating to not quote out of contect. I did also read in that Slack conversation that Huey and the Ionomy team were going to make more information public, which is a step in the right direction. I do feel that they damaged the project heavily by not releasing that transparent information in the beginning.

But any form of transparency is better than none.

With respect, poor communication and transparency have been points that have consistently been brought up both by people here and their own users on their slack and forums going back to XPY.io. Every few months they say 'we'll try and do better!' and then a further three months will pass without any official information.

Whilst I'm sure the subscribers to Ionomy appreciate the gesture, i very much doubt they will be better in the future.
ThePointlessOne

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:58:30 PM

I am super curious if Ionomy is expecting to pay tax on their ICO. Why or why not? At the time of their ICO, there was no registered company in Singapore. To my knowledge there is still no registered company.

Has the team explained this previously?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:15:16 PM

I should post this, with respect to rdewilde stating to not quote out of contect. I did also read in that Slack conversation that Huey and the Ionomy team were going to make more information public, which is a step in the right direction. I do feel that they damaged the project heavily by not releasing that transparent information in the beginning.

With respect, poor communication and transparency has been a point that has consistently been brought up both by people here and their own users on their slack and forums going back to XPY.io. Every few months they say 'we'll try and do better!' and then a further three months will pass without any official information.

Whilst I'm sure the subscribers to Ionomy appreciate the gesture, i very much doubt they will be better in the future.

I think mharter is giving them the benefit of the doubt, which I don't agree with. As you just illustrated, the proof is in the pudding. They have said they will be more transparent many times but fail to do so.

Edit: and that post is deleted. I guess he/she didn't want to give them the benefit of the doubt after all.

mharter

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:51:58 PM

With respect, poor communication and transparency has been a point that has consistently been brought up both by people here and their own users on their slack and forums going back to XPY.io. Every few months they say 'we'll try and do better!' and then a further three months will pass without any official information.

I think mharter is giving them the benefit of the doubt, which I don't agree with. As you just illustrated, the proof is in the pudding. They have said they will be more transparent many times but fail to do so.

Edit: and that post is deleted. I guess he/she didn't want to give them the benefit of the doubt after all.

I deleted it cause I didn't want to get involved in an argument.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:52:14 PM

24 hour trading volume of $2. Brilliant.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: