Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:14:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473050 times)
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:55:48 PM

Quote from Huey in Slack in regard to his past involvements:

"Just fyi my and others involvement in xpy was that of a we bought a ton of it and we're scamed
We didn't run it.. design it... launch it.. or profit from it.
We tried to help salvage it yes.. but that was doomed from the start"

why not tell the whole story Huey? Why didn't you explain to the user how deeply engrained with GAW you were? How awesome you thought Josh and GAW were?  Per an archived post around here somewhere, Huey basically declared his allegiance to GAW and gave the XPY project credibility. Saying it was real and he met the GAW team and he has no reservations about XPY and GAW.  But wait, he just said he knew it was doomed from the start. Welcome to the contradiction train fellas.

Buy moar ION, Ask MrCoins for advice. Eh, just save a mind numbing conversation and just buy more ION than you can afford!

As you are quoting out of context, i will tell your full story.

This was huey's response from someone who did HIS OWN research and came to certain conclusions.

If you quote someone without asking permission, please be sure you do it right. Also I think you are expressing your opinion while you try to make it look factual, but in fact it is really vague "Per an archived post around here somewhere". I would suggest not jumping conclusions if you are not sure.

Can you quote what source you use to conclude he was more involved than what he says he is?

Alltheshort kindly linked it for me. See it in the post above you. You will see where he states that he believes in GAW and what they weee doing, yet today stated he knew it was doomed from the start. Which is it?

Here it is directly: http://archive.is/pEsCb#selection-773.1-811.54

Please explain how what he said today is not in complete contradiction to what he said in this archived post. That enough sources for you or would do you need me to post the exact screen shot of Huey saying it, just in case I spelled a word wrong?

Thanks for sharing! I understand the contradiction, but I don't see how this has to be a lie. Also he makes very clear he has been a "customer". I think it is good if we could agree on that.

How can having faith in GAW and the project and declaring it for all to read on Hashtalk be the same as knowing it was doomed from the start?  Could you explain how you don't think this has to be a lie?

Customer, agreed.
If Huey was just a "customer" of GAW, why did he use the titles "GAW Founder" and "Paycoin Innovator" on Hashtalk? http://archive.is/pEsCb#selection-773.1-811.54

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:56:33 PM

I should post this, with respect to rdewilde stating to not quote out of contect. I did also read in that Slack conversation that Huey and the Ionomy team were going to make more information public, which is a step in the right direction. I do feel that they damaged the project heavily by not releasing that transparent information in the beginning.

But any form of transparency is better than none.

With respect, poor communication and transparency has been a point that has consistently been brought up both by people here and their own users on their slack and forums going back to XPY.io. Every few months they say 'we'll try and do better!' and then a further three months will pass without any official information.

Whilst I'm sure the subscribers to Ionomy appreciate the gesture, i very much doubt they will be better in the future.

I think mharter is giving them the benefit of the doubt, which I don't agree with. As you just illustrated, the proof is in the pudding. They have said they will be more transparent many times but fail to do so.

Edit: and that post is deleted. I guess he/she didn't want to give them the benefit of the doubt after all.

I deleted it cause I didn't want to get involved in an argument.

Brand new account, LOL! Which Ionite are you? Ha ha ha!

altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:16:06 PM

I should post this, with respect to rdewilde stating to not quote out of contect. I did also read in that Slack conversation that Huey and the Ionomy team were going to make more information public, which is a step in the right direction. I do feel that they damaged the project heavily by not releasing that transparent information in the beginning.

But any form of transparency is better than none.

With respect, poor communication and transparency has been a point that has consistently been brought up both by people here and their own users on their slack and forums going back to XPY.io. Every few months they say 'we'll try and do better!' and then a further three months will pass without any official information.

Whilst I'm sure the subscribers to Ionomy appreciate the gesture, i very much doubt they will be better in the future.

I think mharter is giving them the benefit of the doubt, which I don't agree with. As you just illustrated, the proof is in the pudding. They have said they will be more transparent many times but fail to do so.

Edit: and that post is deleted. I guess he/she didn't want to give them the benefit of the doubt after all.

I deleted it cause I didn't want to get involved in an argument.

My apologies, I wasn't looking to argue with you. I agree that more transparency and better communication would be great, but I genuinely don't think they'll deliver that when we've gone this far into the project already.
altheshort

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:20:50 PM

Quote from Huey in Slack in regard to his past involvements:

"Just fyi my and others involvement in xpy was that of a we bought a ton of it and we're scamed
We didn't run it.. design it... launch it.. or profit from it.
We tried to help salvage it yes.. but that was doomed from the start"

why not tell the whole story Huey? Why didn't you explain to the user how deeply engrained with GAW you were? How awesome you thought Josh and GAW were?  Per an archived post around here somewhere, Huey basically declared his allegiance to GAW and gave the XPY project credibility. Saying it was real and he met the GAW team and he has no reservations about XPY and GAW.  But wait, he just said he knew it was doomed from the start. Welcome to the contradiction train fellas.

Buy moar ION, Ask MrCoins for advice. Eh, just save a mind numbing conversation and just buy more ION than you can afford!

As you are quoting out of context, i will tell your full story.

This was huey's response from someone who did HIS OWN research and came to certain conclusions.

If you quote someone without asking permission, please be sure you do it right. Also I think you are expressing your opinion while you try to make it look factual, but in fact it is really vague "Per an archived post around here somewhere". I would suggest not jumping conclusions if you are not sure.

Can you quote what source you use to conclude he was more involved than what he says he is?

Alltheshort kindly linked it for me. See it in the post above you. You will see where he states that he believes in GAW and what they weee doing, yet today stated he knew it was doomed from the start. Which is it?

Here it is directly: http://archive.is/pEsCb#selection-773.1-811.54

Please explain how what he said today is not in complete contradiction to what he said in this archived post. That enough sources for you or would do you need me to post the exact screen shot of Huey saying it, just in case I spelled a word wrong?

Thanks for sharing! I understand the contradiction, but I don't see how this has to be a lie. Also he makes very clear he has been a "customer". I think it is good if we could agree on that.

How can having faith in GAW and the project and declaring it for all to read on Hashtalk be the same as knowing it was doomed from the start?  Could you explain how you don't think this has to be a lie?

Customer, agreed.
If Huey was just a "customer" of GAW, why did he use the titles "GAW Founder" and "Paycoin Innovator" on Hashtalk? http://archive.is/pEsCb#selection-773.1-811.54

These were just titles handed out to people who invested in GAW or contributed to the community in the days of hashtalk, if I remember correctly. They don't mean that he was literally the founder of GAW, though I can totally understand the confusion. As with most of these things, there are numerous terms and phrases used within the community that make sense largely only to the community itself.

The 'founder' title lives on in Ionomy, by the way.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 09:32:48 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 09:47:26 PM by suchmoon

I am super curious if Ionomy is expecting to pay tax on their ICO. Why or why not? At the time of their ICO, there was no registered company in Singapore. To my knowledge there is still no registered company.

Has the team explained this previously?

I'm sure korvas will be stopping by to "explain" that there are jurisdictions with no taxes and/or it doesn't need to bother us "cuz business secret"  Grin

Seriously though, they could probably blow those ICO funds into expenses or offset with their prior XPY losses if the hell freezes over and they want to play it legit.

These were just titles handed out to people who invested in GAW or contributed to the community in the days of hashtalk, if I remember correctly. They don't mean that he was literally the founder of GAW, though I can totally understand the confusion. As with most of these things, there are numerous terms and phrases used within the community that make sense largely only to the community itself.

GAW Founder was a badge for early customers. Paycoin Innovator was a bit more than that, basically you had to lick Homero's ass really hard to get there. It was a replacement for Paycoin Origin, which was more of a merit badge for contributions to Paycoin whitepaper, but once many Origin people abandoned ship Homero decided to reward some remaining shills and other assorted trash with the "Innovator" badge (himself being of course the "Industry Innovator").

For example - Bitcoin-bar and MrCoins were "innovators".

https://archive.is/GUurB
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:52:33 PM

The volume of trade is too low.

It it bad situation.

The communitiy of this project needs something to do.

From wan.
altheshort

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:56:45 PM

I am super curious if Ionomy is expecting to pay tax on their ICO. Why or why not? At the time of their ICO, there was no registered company in Singapore. To my knowledge there is still no registered company.

Has the team explained this previously?

I'm sure korvas will be stopping by to "explain" that there are jurisdictions with no taxes and/or it doesn't need to bother us "cuz business secret"  Grin

Seriously though, they could probably blow those ICO funds into expenses or offset with their prior XPY losses if the hell freezes over and they want to play it legit.

GAW Founder was a badge for early customers. Paycoin Innovator was a bit more than that, basically you had to lick Homero's ass really hard to get there. It was a replacement for Paycoin Origin, which was more of a merit badge for contributions to Paycoin whitepaper, but once many Origin people abandoned ship Homero decided to reward some remaining shills and other assorted trash with the "Innovator" badge (himself being of course the "Industry Innovator").

For example - Bitcoin-bar and MrCoins were "innovators".

https://archive.is/GUurB

Thanks, that's pretty much what I remembered, but I couldn't find the archive -- kudos for finding that one so quick.
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 12:29:43 AM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

ionomy has relocated its corporate headquarters!

Effective December 2016, ionomy established its Corporate Headquarters in the Republic of Seychelles.

Ionomy Limited
 Global Gateway 8 Rue de la perle
 Providence, Mahe, Seychelles

Registration Number: 189524

ionomy relocated from Singapore to Seychelles for two reasons. First, Seychelles offers a more responsive administrative environment. Second, the regulatory landscape of Seychelles better facilitates ionomy’s plans for future enterprises. Additional consideration was made to protect our users privacy as the regulatory environment in Singapore has become more constricted in regard to Digital Currency startups and operations.

What does this mean for you?

This move does not affect current day-to-day operations.

ionomy has updated the terms of service to reflect the new Corporate Headquarters location. In the coming days, you will be prompted to review the new terms and must acknowledge this change to continue using the ionomy platform and its services.

Rest assured, you will not experience any impact to the use of the platform.

Regards,

The ionomy team

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 12:37:13 AM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

Effective December 2016, ionomy established its Corporate Headquarters in the Republic of Seychelles.

Ionomy Limited

ionomy relocated from Singapore to Seychelles for two reasons. First, Seychelles offers a more responsive administrative environment. Second, the regulatory landscape of Seychelles better facilitates ionomy’s plans for future enterprises. Additional consideration was made to protect our users privacy as the regulatory environment in Singapore has become more constricted in regard to Digital Currency startups and operations.

ionomy has updated the terms of service to reflect the new Corporate Headquarters location. In the coming days, you will be prompted to review the new terms and must acknowledge this change to continue using the ionomy platform and its services.

Regards,

The ionomy team

Of course no impact because it was never in Singapore to begin with  Grin

It's not in Seychelles either, registering or buying a shell company doesn't involve any "relocation".

But at least there is a registration number. Sadly https://eservice.egov.sc seems to be broken but if it comes back up we'll have something we can verify.
WildShark

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 12:45:54 AM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

Ionomy Limited

Regards,

The ionomy team

Of course no impact because it was never in Singapore to begin with  Grin

It's not in Seychelles either, registering or buying a shell company doesn't involve any "relocation".

But at least there is a registration number. Sadly https://eservice.egov.sc seems to be broken but if it comes back up we'll have something we can verify.

@suchmoon Chill back and have a drink to celebrate progress in the Ionomy...

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 01:17:29 AM

I'm celebrating pretty much non-stop since April. Many progress. Wow excite.

When's Gravity coming?
WildShark

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 02:04:46 AM

I'm celebrating pretty much non-stop since April. Many progress. Wow excite.

When's Gravity coming?
SOOM!!!

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:50:03 AM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

Ionomy Limited

Regards,

The ionomy team

Change in TOS, good time to not agree with it and get your coins out of locked, long term stakers. To those that want to get out of Ionomy jail.

Which ION team members will be stationed at the "new" office? Since Huey is the mastermind and he lives in Texas, why not make he company in the US? What are they afraid of? Why all the shell games and shell companies?

Tips4TaT

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:47:58 AM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

Ionomy Limited

Regards,

The ionomy team

Change in TOS, good time to not agree with it and get your coins out of locked, long term stakers. To those that want to get out of Ionomy jail.

Which ION team members will be stationed at the "new" office? Since Huey is the mastermind and he lives in Texas, why not make he company in the US? What are they afraid of? Why all the shell games and shell companies?

Feds are crack’n down in the US and other countries. Look at Circle, Coinbase and a number of exchanges! I actually think it's a good move…
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:59:07 PM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

Ionomy Limited

Regards,

The ionomy team

Feds are crack’n down in the US and other countries. Look at Circle, Coinbase and a number of exchanges! I actually think it's a good move…

What are they cracking down on? Is team Ionomy doing something questionable that they are worried about a US based business. I'm looking at Circle and Coinbase, both successful crypto companies in the US. So why doesn't Ionomy incorporate in the US again?

So their goal is to jump from country to country to avoid any regulation?

kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:20:50 PM

is this a rehash of their fake singaporean company they "ran" for years? maybe it will show up one day, somewhere... if it doesnt show up next week i doubt it ever will

funny they still dont admit they had no entity for ionomy pte or xpy.io

korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:45:46 PM

is this a rehash of their fake singaporean company they "ran" for years? maybe it will show up one day, somewhere... if it doesnt show up next week i doubt it ever will

funny they still dont admit they had no entity for ionomy pte or xpy.io

Funny how everyone will be prompted to review the new terms and need to acknowledge the change in corporate headquarters  Grin I wonder why ? No need to answer it's a rhetorical question 

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
Tips4TaT

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:52:13 PM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

Ionomy Limited

Regards,

The ionomy team

What are they cracking down on? Is team Ionomy doing something questionable that they are worried about a US based business. I'm looking at Circle and Coinbase, both successful crypto companies in the US. So why doesn't Ionomy incorporate in the US again?

Circle is no longer converting to Fiat, Coinbase is getting hammered (court injunctions) by the feds to release Personal Data and all BTC Transactions on it's users. That's BS!

The US is not crypto friendly!
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:55:27 PM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

Ionomy Limited

Regards,

The ionomy team

It's called business..... why don't you send Donald Trump a mail and ask maybe one of his aides will respond.

I actually don't think it's a good thing but unfortunately it's a by product of globalisation which can be argued either way on whether this is good or bad.

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:42:14 PM

ionomy Corporate Move

Hello BCT ionomy,

Ionomy Limited

Regards,

The ionomy team

Circle is no longer converting to Fiat, Coinbase is getting hammered (court injunctions) by the feds to release Personal Data and all BTC Transactions on it's users. That's BS!

The US is not crypto friendly!

Yes, so circle and coinbase are responding by following the laws by changing their businesses and/or their customer bases.

How does someone in Texas pretending to be in another country benefit anyone but him?

How can a legitimate user be excite about anew shell company being announced when the product is behind schedule?

Is there any explanation as to what went wrong in Singapore? did something change to cause the "move" or were all previous claims about Singapore lies?
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: