Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473060 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 10:12:43 PM

I have an honest question. How are electrons that were produced by Atoms, outside of the game, going to be imported into the game. If you can purchase electrons through in app purchases google and apple make profit. Why would apple or google let you bring them in from the outside and bypass getting their cut? Was some type of agreement made? I'm pretty sure apple won't let it happen without taking their cut. Do you have to pay to import them perhaps?

Not that I know the answer but since the "team" isn't gonna respond here anyway... I think this might be a legitimate loophole, or at least the "team" thinks it is. I doubt Apple and Google would be able (or even care) to control the flow of in-game tokens outside of their devices. So the game could use the magic secret "API" and sync the electrons with the ionomy PNGs.

Of course the question then is: who in their right mind - except hardcore bagholders - would bother setting up ionomy accounts and spend money on atoms to get "free" electrons in game? I can see how it may appeal to whales and founders who already own shitloads of otherwise useless atoms and have no choice but praise and shill and use everything ionomy produces, but for the average mobile gamer with an attention span of a squirrel on cocaine... this would be a resounding "meh" even if the game itself is not complete shit.

tl;dr: you're not supposed to question it. Repent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 12:30:57 AM

I have an honest question. How are electrons that were produced by Atoms, outside of the game, going to be imported into the game. If you can purchase electrons through in app purchases google and apple make profit. Why would apple or google let you bring them in from the outside and bypass getting their cut? Was some type of agreement made? I'm pretty sure apple won't let it happen without taking their cut. Do you have to pay to import them perhaps?

Not that I know the answer but since the "team" isn't gonna respond here anyway... I think this might be a legitimate loophole, or at least the "team" thinks it is. I doubt Apple and Google would be able (or even care) to control the flow of in-game tokens outside of their devices. So the game could use the magic secret "API" and sync the electrons with the ionomy PNGs.

Of course the question then is: who in their right mind - except hardcore bagholders - would bother setting up ionomy accounts and spend money on atoms to get "free" electrons in game? I can see how it may appeal to whales and founders who already own shitloads of otherwise useless atoms and have no choice but praise and shill and use everything ionomy produces, but for the average mobile gamer with an attention span of a squirrel on cocaine... this would be a resounding "meh" even if the game itself is not complete shit.

Those useless Electron are good for doubling the APR on Ionomy stakers... Twice the profit!!!

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 12:43:41 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 04:14:50 AM by suchmoon

Those useless Electron are good for doubling the APR on Ionomy stakers... Twice the profit!!!

... in ION, which you can use for... uhm... making more ION? And then entertain yourself by watching it go down?

You can't even dump it properly, it's less than $50 away from single digits again (below $0.10)

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image

So why don't you pause your shilling for a few minutes and maybe spend the time on something useful, like learning a new skill, for example - how to quote forum posts. It's not rocket surgery.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:37:09 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2017, 11:26:48 AM by CryptoBuds

Once again, not even close to answering the question. Definitely makes you more than qualified to provide input on a platform. Way to be the face of ION, you're doing great things for them. Keep it up WildShill.

Where do those coins come from when a staker gets magically doubled?

WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 09:00:50 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2017, 10:18:10 PM by WildShark

Once again, not even close to answering the question. Definitely makes you more than qualified to provide input on a platform. Way to be the face of ION, you're doing great things for them. Keep it up WildShill.

The staker does not get doubled, the staking rate is doubled for the staker Electrons are being applied too... twice the "free" coin!!!

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:39:42 PM

The staker does not get doubled, the staking rate is doubled for the staker Electrons are being applied too... twice the "free" coin!!!

Where do those coins come from? Which part of the premine?

If that's all they're good for, Atoms are rather useless. Are you saying that electrons produced by Atoms cannot be used in the game itself?

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:47:41 AM

did that detailed update happen yet?

Or is it not yet Friday in wherever they are located?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 02:00:32 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 04:15:22 AM by suchmoon

did that detailed update happen yet?

Or is it not yet Friday in wherever they are located?

To be fair, they didn't say which Friday exactly.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 04:14:49 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 04:28:19 AM by suchmoon

ION is quite thoroughly fucked and needs to be restarted from scratch. But that's ok because that was always the plan.

https://news.ionomy.com/ion-timeline-update/
https://web.archive.org/web/20170107042749/https://news.ionomy.com/ion-timeline-update/

Oh, and send all coins to ionomy.

we isolated a problem in the genesis block of ION that prevents us from implementing an update that’s crucial to listing on Bittrex. We need to update it before we can go live on Bittrex.

this requires more than just a hard fork. It will take a full rebase of the code to generate a new blockchain

Don’t want to deal with the technical complexity of importing your wallet.dat file into the rebased ION? [...] Anyone who sends their coins to their wallet address on ionomy.com before the scheduled snapshot can just send them back out once they’ve installed the new wallet.

We have always planned to rebase the core ION code so that we could add side-chains and tokens. Converting Atoms and other platform assets into blockchain based assets has always been on our roadmap***. Implementing the rebase now brings us even closer to achieving this goal.

No target dates provided of course.

*** That's a lie unless they're talking about some secret whale roadmap and not this one: https://ionomy.com/about/roadmap
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:29:49 AM

seems like they needed a lot of alpha testing of gravity, do they really need no testing to see if everything works with the rebase?
kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:01:22 AM

so it was a stillbirth after all

what happened to the wallet being stable as hell? i remember reading mrcoins saying its the users fault if its crashing. you know since he is running 50 instances with no problems  Grin bittrex says no-go to the crappy wallet and suddenly its a real problem? your fellow ionites told you this for the past 6 months. oh yeah those muggles no need to listen to them. matlack said the wallet was "fine" to rdewilde just few weeks ago
altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:30:38 AM

seems like they needed a lot of alpha testing of gravity, do they really need no testing to see if everything works with the rebase?

They've apparently set themselves an 'aggressive target' of the 15th, but I'd honestly be shocked if it was complete by then. So the open beta for gravity or crypto gravity or whatever it's called is realistically probably not going to happen before early February. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be spun as miraculous, innovative and wonderful nonetheless in the meantime by the whales.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:21:37 AM

i smell bullshit. an incorrectly formed genesis block cmon. its a shitty daemon a shitty wallet. thats the issue. they are copy pasting from scratch hoping to have no mem leaks. if there was past block issues their wallet updates could run ruleset 1 till block x then new rulesets. so in the future if their copy paste doesnt work do they rebase again?

these retards are telling lies they are masters of fancy words. the truth is their wallet is stuffed so is the daemon and bittrex wont add due to this. they cant fix it cause they dont know how to. they are doing a recopy paste to fix and put some shitty news post up to confuse users.

hows their slack loving this?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 12:46:40 PM

i smell bullshit. an incorrectly formed genesis block cmon. its a shitty daemon a shitty wallet. thats the issue. they are copy pasting from scratch hoping to have no mem leaks. if there was past block issues their wallet updates could run ruleset 1 till block x then new rulesets. so in the future if their copy paste doesnt work do they rebase again?

these retards are telling lies they are masters of fancy words. the truth is their wallet is stuffed so is the daemon and bittrex wont add due to this. they cant fix it cause they dont know how to. they are doing a recopy paste to fix and put some shitty news post up to confuse users.

The team can do know wrong in the eyes of the hardcore Ionites. I'll let you guess how much the slack is loving this.

altheshort

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:36:22 PM

The team can do know wrong in the eyes of the hardcore Ionites. I'll let you guess how much the slack is loving this.

To be honest most of the 15-20 or so guys who are consistently on the slack have been involved for so long now & are mostly either team members or whales anyway, so they aren't really likely to care about another month or so to wait. For what it's worth, I don't think this latest delay will have any effect on the success or failure of ionomy anyway, since there really isn't any outside expectation at this point for them to deliver anything. People who were on the fence at the beginning of the ICO will have long since chalked this up as vapourware, I would imagine.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 02:35:20 PM

what happened to the wallet being stable as hell? i remember reading mrcoins saying its the users fault if its crashing. you know since he is running 50 instances with no problems  Grin bittrex says no-go to the crappy wallet and suddenly its a real problem? your fellow ionites told you this for the past 6 months. oh yeah those muggles no need to listen to them. matlack said the wallet was "fine" to rdewilde just few weeks ago

MrCoins is now shilling hard for the rebase. Of course the "team" are heroes for uncovering such a nasty bug and fixing it so quickly. I'm hearing timelines from two weeks to a month (not sure if that's special ionomy whale time units though).

It's mighty coincidental that the issue was uncovered just around the same time when they said Bittrex will approve it in a couple of days. Did they find it out before or after they submitted it to Bittrex? Did the "team" or Bittrex find the issue? And how can the "team" that couldn't figure it out in 8 months now make it all work flawlessly within a couple of weeks? What are they going to replace the uber-advanced Blackcoin+Dash "hybrid" with?
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:21:22 PM

serious question for all believers.

how can you sit there while mrcoins shills?

Isn't him saying the same things about this coin that he said about xpy a red flag?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:55:57 PM

serious question for all believers.

how can you sit there while mrcoins shills?

Isn't him saying the same things about this coin that he said about xpy a red flag?
MrCoins feeds them tons of BTC. They'll trust any word that comes out of his mouth. The coin could cease to exist and MrCoins would still say positive things about it. He only makes profit if he gets more people to invest.

I find it funny that during the XPY days he was shilling hardcore even though it was an obvious scam. Once shit "officially" hit the fan, he went and hid. Didn't face the music of all the damage he caused people by his rampant shilling. Then he pops back up and they convert all his coins for him and welcome him with open arms.

The team isn't stupid. They know he'll throw BTC after BTC at the team and BTC seems to be ultimately what they want to get.

altheshort

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:58:54 PM

MrCoins is now shilling hard for the rebase. Of course the "team" are heroes for uncovering such a nasty bug and fixing it so quickly. I'm hearing timelines from two weeks to a month (not sure if that's special ionomy whale time units though).

It's mighty coincidental that the issue was uncovered just around the same time when they said Bittrex will approve it in a couple of days. Did they find it out before or after they submitted it to Bittrex? Did the "team" or Bittrex find the issue? And how can the "team" that couldn't figure it out in 8 months now make it all work flawlessly within a couple of weeks? What are they going to replace the uber-advanced Blackcoin+Dash "hybrid" with?

This reversal in attitude in two weeks or so between saying 'it's fine, just get on with it' and 'this is massively important issue that needs fixing now' is stark. The fact that this very problem was discussed around the time they were talking up the recent submission to bittrex for review and dismissed should ring all sorts of alarm bells amongst the whales and bigger holders and signal that at the very least, there needs to be an honest discussion about how the 'team' is running the project and how much they actually value community input. Given their history as a community, they'll likely simply plug collective fingers in ears and careen on to the next misstep instead.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 04:31:05 PM

I'm sure our dear whales will stop by to explain how they knew about this all along and asked hard questions and provided valuable feedback to the team.
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: