Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price?  (Read 73444 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:50:08 PM

I don’t think anyone here has the amount of coins needed to manipulate the price of bitcoin, even after ETF got rejected we are back with a price of 1234 dollar per bitcoin at the moment of this writing so it seems bitcoin is slowly becoming more resistant to manipulation.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:49:36 PM

Bitcoins price is based on supply and demand on the market.More demand higher price more supply down price.Yes you can manipulate bitcoins price if you hold a huge supply or supply that may be enough to sell or buy in the current market status
by regulating demand and supply that means you can manipulate the price of bitcoin. but this time because bitcoin users have very much of course to manipulate demand and supply has been very difficult dude
The manipulation of supply just can be done by the bitcoin exchange site , and look at the chinese exchange in the previous time too many the ghost volume in his circulation and after the PBOC had done the audit and all of the fake volume was disappearing. and it will need a lot of the effort to do that.

yes i am agree with this and we see this is happen in chinese exchange although we don't know how much the real amount that they manipulated but we only know that they manipulation the volume. beside that, we don't know what is their purpose so they doing this and i think they will do again in someday after they have stable position from any of audit.

Unfortunately, I also think that China continues to manipulate the price of bitcoin. This is due to the fact that in China the largest holders of cryptocurrency
bu ti think they are not such effective any more, because the users of bitcoin are continuously increasing which is making it more difficult even for the big whale to manipulate the price of bitcoin.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:12:08 PM

Price manipulation is an old topic people have been agonizing over in stock markets for centuries.

#FakeNews is a common method of manipulating stock market prices.

#RealNews also has a powerful effect.

Those are probably the two main methods utilized.

This also applies to bitcoin in a sense. Announcements like the SEC denying the bitcoin ETF have a powerful effect on valuation.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:52:06 PM

Yes, we can definitely manipulate bitcoin's price if we do have large amount of $$$ to begin with and we know how to play and how to scare off little fishes in this great lake of opportunities. It was done successfully by Willy bot on the rise to ATH on Nov. 2013 and it might be the same thing that happened again on this current year's run.
I think seeing more and more fish in this lake. you would be more difficult to manipulate the price of bitcoin. its could have several weak fish will be affected but certainly other fish will still survive because there are so many fish now
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:25:48 AM

Price manipulation is an old topic people have been agonizing over in stock markets for centuries.

#FakeNews is a common method of manipulating stock market prices.

Yes faking the news and giving those newbie in bitcoin trading gives them fear to do panic selling and just get on with their plans on buying more coins at lower price.

#RealNews also has a powerful effect.

But because of those fake news (speculations) it's hard now to identify who is telling the truth.

Those are probably the two main methods utilized.

This also applies to bitcoin in a sense. Announcements like the SEC denying the bitcoin ETF have a powerful effect on valuation.

There's a lot more methods but yeah I can consider that as main methods of manipulating the price and get on hype.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 05:19:06 AM

Yes, we can definitely manipulate bitcoin's price if we do have large amount of $$$ to begin with and we know how to play and how to scare off little fishes in this great lake of opportunities. It was done successfully by Willy bot on the rise to ATH on Nov. 2013 and it might be the same thing that happened again on this current year's run.
I think seeing more and more fish in this lake. you would be more difficult to manipulate the price of bitcoin. its could have several weak fish will be affected but certainly other fish will still survive because there are so many fish now
Manipulation is still possible due to the fact that whales are controlling a bigger portion in the total circulation, however it's not a basis to stop investing on bitcoin and be worried about the future because as we go bigger their power to manipulate will become smaller. In early times manipulation can really happen but we are decentralized and with more circulation of bitcoin own by major number of people, I think we can make things right which will result the price to the real market scenario.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:24:18 AM

Bitcoins price is based on supply and demand on the market.More demand higher price more supply down price.Yes you can manipulate bitcoins price if you hold a huge supply or supply that may be enough to sell or buy in the current market status
by regulating demand and supply that means you can manipulate the price of bitcoin. but this time because bitcoin users have very much of course to manipulate demand and supply has been very difficult dude
The manipulation of supply just can be done by the bitcoin exchange site , and look at the chinese exchange in the previous time too many the ghost volume in his circulation and after the PBOC had done the audit and all of the fake volume was disappearing. and it will need a lot of the effort to do that.

yes i am agree with this and we see this is happen in chinese exchange although we don't know how much the real amount that they manipulated but we only know that they manipulation the volume. beside that, we don't know what is their purpose so they doing this and i think they will do again in someday after they have stable position from any of audit.

Unfortunately, I also think that China continues to manipulate the price of bitcoin. This is due to the fact that in China the largest holders of cryptocurrency
I do not think so right now maybe in a couple of years ago I still believe it for miners and bitcoin users in China is huge
but this time the user from various countries began to swell like russia, Indonesia, etc.
wxa7115

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:59:54 AM

Could be. That is why they are too scared that it will become uncontrollable. Their government is really wise in making fast decision. Telling their country it is banned in some parts then making a statement thru their media that they are starting to work for a new blockchain that they will use as their own. Kind of creepy but they really acted fast there.
True, but who in their right mind would take a coin made by the Chinese government instead of bitcoin, governments think we are dumb, the reason we use bitcoin is precisely because no government can regulate it, no government can just do as they wish with bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:17:48 AM

because decentral bitcoin the prices are determined by supply and demand I thought to manipulate the price of bitcoin must to require a lot of bitcoin probably about 60%bitcoin of the world.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:30:06 AM

because decentral bitcoin the prices are determined by supply and demand I thought to manipulate the price of bitcoin must to require a lot of bitcoin probably about 60%bitcoin of the world.
Yup, it will needs long time for collect the groups investors who will joint to manipulators bitcoin price,
it is must has structure until successful manipulate bitcoin price include the time for pumping and dumping
bitcoin price, we can manipulate bitcoin price of course it will be easy.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:07:25 AM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

If you are just an ordinary community in this industry, you cannot manipulate bitcoin. The only person can do manipulate it are  those people who can afford to buy a huge volume of bitcoin, or big group organization, also the ex changers too has a able to do it too.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:37:57 AM

Exactly, if we want to manipulate the bitcoin surely we must have a larger than outstanding stock. On this time I have not found the news stating that anyone has the dominant, so I'm sure that the price of bitcoin is natural, depending on demand and supply.
BlokF4No27

Activity: 138

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:43:02 AM

Of course we can, no secret again if china is the largest owner of the bitcoin, many forums which states they unite for get the benefit of the price of the bitcoin.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:33:54 AM

Of course we can, no secret again if china is the largest owner of the bitcoin, many forums which states they unite for get the benefit of the price of the bitcoin.
although it could be but is not as easy as they could manipulate the price of bitcoin they would play demand and supply. but this time bitcoin has spread to many people around the world of course it will be more difficult to manipulate demand and supply
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:38:38 PM

Exactly, if we want to manipulate the bitcoin surely we must have a larger than outstanding stock. On this time I have not found the news stating that anyone has the dominant, so I'm sure that the price of bitcoin is natural, depending on demand and supply.
in fact it is possible to manipulate the price of bitcoin but still it not such an easy job, i think not it is becoming difficult to manipulate the price of bitcoin because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time.
crockoo

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:51:03 PM

in fact it is possible to manipulate the price of bitcoin but still it not such an easy job, i think not it is becoming difficult to manipulate the price of bitcoin because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time.

I agree - the user is getting bigger and bigger and Bitcoin can not be concentrated in the same hands. Due to this, a group of people can not manipulate the price of bitcoins
wxa7115

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:50:53 AM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

The price of Bitcoin was already manipulated and is manipulated right now as well.

Nothing new, there is really big spenders that wouldn't want to lose money within this Bitcoin thing so they make special clubs that only large Bitcoin holders could join and the pump or dump the price depending on the news or whatever they feel and the people and the news websites have to play catchup while the rich Bitcoiners are busy giggling counting the cash that they made.
Normal people, "we", can't really manipulate the price though unless we form huge collectives.  I think most people on the Bitcointalk forum are mature enough not to panic sell at every little piece of bad news so we keep the price pretty safe in that regard.

Once you have enough money you can manipulate the price of anything, but I would say in most cases altcoins are a much easier target than Bitcoin due to their lower market cap and often less experienced fanbase.
This is definitely true, since the market cap of bitcoin is so high, to manipulate the price we need a huge sum of money, but in the case of altcoins the amount of money needed to manipulate the price is a lot lower due to the low market cap.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
X-ray

Activity: 2870
Merit: 520

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:01:32 AM

No, in this time you can't manipulate the price of bitcoin. It will need a lot of the effort, like you must have the big hashrate of the bitcoin network, and it's really possible for the major chinese exchange site.
In this time there are no parties be able to manipulate bitcoin

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
mastermold

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:06:21 AM

The biggest way is through the use of trading bots in exchanges.  One can be setup, for instance to buy Bitcoin for nothing.  I am speaking plainly, of course, because what the exchange would do is actually credit the sellers accounts with USD balances.  Though in truth they may have no intention of ever allowing those balances to be withdrawn because in the best case scenario, they are running a fractional exchange banking model and they intend to pay for those liabilities with future profits, or in the worst case scenario they just simply intend to defraud their customers and declare a bankruptcy due to a hack.

That is really the only way you can manipulate the price of bitcoin. That is, dishonest exchanges are the only ones that can manipulate the price of bitcoin. Arguably there are enough diverse exchanges now that any one of them driving up the price would receive serious difficulty by arbitrageurs working across other exchanges. No individual no matter how large is able to single handed manipulate the price of Bitcoin anymore.  The moment when we could say that fact with confidence was the moment bitcoin successfully passed the bootstrapping stage and became a real money.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:46:19 AM

I agree - the user is getting bigger and bigger and Bitcoin can not be concentrated in the same hands. Due to this, a group of people can not manipulate the price of bitcoins
therefore I would be very happy when the deployment of bitcoin, and bitcoin rapid adoption because with it the user will continue to have hands from around the world and certainly the manipulation will be increasingly difficult in doing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: