Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:50:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price?  (Read 73444 times)
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:46:22 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
Usually manipulation is done by big whales to change the market situation and gain huge profits.But bitcoin has a very big market cap and it has lots of investors universally.So it is not easy to manipulate bitcoin.But altcoin could easily be manipulated as it has very little market cap.
One rof many reasons​ is big market cap which makes bitcoin stand so far. The answer is yes we can manipulate bitcoin with proper amount of money or a lot of people cash out, convert bitcoin. But, we know people believe in bitcoin, its valuable more than fiat money.
Many of us here in the forum already did the best to support bitcoin community instead of make it less valuable. But, the cycle remain the same, bitcoin price will still fluctuate according to the market demands.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:51:38 PM

I am afraid that we have grown beyond the point where manipulation is possible by simple trading practises such as dumping and mass purchase. Still it is possible to slightly manipulate the exchange rates, by hacking in to the exchanges and wallet sites. But don't expect the results which we got after the hacking of Mt Gox and Sheep Marketplace.
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:16:46 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let oo impossible bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
it's too impossible for the individuals users of bitcoin to manipulate the value price of BTC. Only the big whale investors or big companies had a capacity to manipulate the price of bitcoin.

yes, it is only impossible for big holders like exchange sites who can sell their stock at higher prices when there is downfall in Bitcoin prices and buying it from other side. Whereas individuals like us have a negligible control over Bitcoins prices.
although it is look like possible but i think it is not such as easy job. and specially in present time when the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time, so it now becoming difficult even for a long long time an.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 08:03:06 PM

I am afraid that we have grown beyond the point where manipulation is possible by simple trading practises such as dumping and mass purchase. Still it is possible to slightly manipulate the exchange rates, by hacking in to the exchanges and wallet sites. But don't expect the results which we got after the hacking of Mt Gox and Sheep Marketplace

I have to disagree with this point

In fact, we have come even closer to the point where price manipulation is more possible and likely. You should understand that the number of coins remains essentially the same, while the supply is limited and is going to be even more limited in the future. So with the future price growth you have to expect the markets thinning (less supply and less demand). Basically, we are already there. Since the beginning of this year we have seen a few flash crashes down to 750 dollars per coin (and twice down to 900 dollars). I guess this pretty well cuts as manipulation as well as proves my point in practice

ipungadhi

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:25:56 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

Ya sure, we call pool all our 0.001BTC and move the Bitcoin market. No problemo.
I am thinking of thousands of BTC already, the people who are holding that big number of bitcoins can manipulate the price of bitcoin, but it will only happen if the adoption is still low and they control the majority of bitcoin supply.
But today the adoption of bitcoin is very large and spread all over the world. And certainly a great adoption would make it a more difficult manipulator to manipulate bitcoin prices

Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:34:29 PM

I think depending on the strength of our money, if we have stock of the bitcoin dominant than circulating in the market then we easily manipulate the price of the bitcoin.
It all depends on the bitcoin user, if the user is a little bit it will be easy to manipulate the bitcoin price But the current bitcoin users are already very large would be much more difficult
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:36:03 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 09:46:03 AM by Fireblade

I knew it now just now that we can't manipulate the price of bitcoin. bitcoin price changes because of our economy or those traders in the market they're the one reason why bitcoin price is changing it depends on the market when the price of bitcoin will dump or pump. and one more thing in bitcoin price changing there's always a richs people where when they pull out their money the price of bitcoin will definitely dump.
in fact it is b now really become more difficult to manipulate the price of bitcoin and i think it is becoming more and more difficult as time pass, because the users of bitcoin are continuously increasing, which is mow making it more difficult for the big whale to manipulate the price of bitcoin, i am hopeful that in future bitcoin will be trading as in its original price and no one will be able to manipulate the price of bitcoin any more.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:00:24 AM

Depends if you are holding tons of bitcoin you can manipulate the price of bitcoin and i think there one country who are lots of users of bitcoin currency china and us if theres dumping happen they following the flow of each other because they don't want to lose any profit .
Yes It is depend on supply and demand. Beside owning a lot if capital we also can influence the demand of bitcoin by makes a lot of more people to use bitcoin, we must be a part of people that work in journalism to make it happen. Or atleast if we have a lot of follower in social media we can post something good about bitcoin.
So The price of bitcoin can move up.

The journalism part is kind of a no-no since a journalist can't just publish about bitcoins for his personal preference. Bitcoin might be talked about once or twice in the news but it'll be a part of some small part which will make very little effect. Bitcoin has to be in the headlines for it to have an effect for being in the news. But that will only happen when bitcoin is already booming.

Social influencers will do literally anything for money. There's tons of stupid challenges on Youtube just to get money from the views. If you sponsor a social media influencers, they'll feature bitcoins on their channel. The funds is the only thing that's missing.

phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:43:26 AM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let oo impossible bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
it's too impossible for the individuals users of bitcoin to manipulate the value price of BTC. Only the big whale investors or big companies had a capacity to manipulate the price of bitcoin.
Not only individuals but it is now even hard for big whales and companies in alone to manipulate the price. The market cap is in billion dollars so all the big whale have to come together in order to manipulate the price.
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:10:58 AM

Not only individuals but it is now even hard for big whales and companies in alone to manipulate the price. The market cap is in billion dollars so all the big whale have to come together in order to manipulate the price.

A few months ago people were saying that china is manipulating the prices of bitcoins as they have big percentage of bitcoin supply and they can play with artificial buy and sell.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:16:23 AM

A few months ago people were saying that china is manipulating the prices of bitcoins as they have big percentage of bitcoin supply and they can play with artificial buy and sell.

That was mainly due to Chinese exchanges but then those exchanges have been controlled and what price we see of bitcoin today is a real price and not of any manipulation.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:28:51 AM

I think depending on the strength of our money, if we have stock of the bitcoin dominant than circulating in the market then we easily manipulate the price of the bitcoin.

The people that holds a lot of bitcoin can have the power to manipulate the price of it. And we know on how the whales are manipulating the market and there are pump and dump groups that are helping each other to get some decent profit. There is a way to manipulate bitcoins price but it is not that an easy thing if you only have very few.
I think big capital will still be difficult to use to manipulate bitcoin prices. If they do not have a good plan. One person is not enough to manipulate bitcoin prices
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:23:16 PM

The people that holds a lot of bitcoin can have the power to manipulate the price of it. And we know on how the whales are manipulating the market and there are pump and dump groups that are helping each other to get some decent profit. There is a way to manipulate bitcoins price but it is not that an easy thing if you only have very few.
I think big capital will still be difficult to use to manipulate bitcoin prices. If they do not have a good plan. One person is not enough to manipulate bitcoin prices

When you have a big capital, it's pretty obvious that others have a big capital also. Your chance to manipulate the
price is when you have a big percentage of holding on the pie or the total circulation to make it simple.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:32:54 PM

When you have a big capital, it's pretty obvious that others have a big capital also. Your chance to manipulate the
price is when you have a big percentage of holding on the pie or the total circulation to make it simple.
Yes, but it is not that easy with manipulating bitcoin.
The market capitalization of it is insanely huge right now, which makes any manipulating very hard, even for the big fishes at the markets.
Currently, its $19,907,616,193 so how do you manipulate a market like that? Only during special incidents, that is possible to launch a big burst of specific positions to achieve your goal.

I think that most of the people who want to manipulate market on cryptocurrencies, are going for some altcoins, probably these cheap ones.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 03:40:54 PM

Yes, but it is not that easy with manipulating bitcoin.
The market capitalization of it is insanely huge right now, which makes any manipulating very hard, even for the big fishes at the markets.
Currently, its $19,907,616,193 so how do you manipulate a market like that? Only during special incidents, that is possible to launch a big burst of specific positions to achieve your goal

What makes you think that all this amount gets traded?

If someone sold 1 satoshi just for 1 dollar would can we actually claim that the Bitcoin price has reached 1M dollars per coin and thus total market cap would be equal 17M x 1M = 17T dollars (i.e. more than 2 times greater than the total market of gold)? Market cap is a meaningless number without knowing how many coins get traded. If only a few bitcoins are traded at current prices (which is how market cap is calculated, just in case) that basically means anyone who has that many coins can easily move the price in any direction

grobura

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:35:14 PM

I do not think that there are a lot of such holders of a large number of bitcoins. And this means that in fact, only a few people in the world can manipulate the price
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:00:00 AM

Every time you buy and sell you are manipulating the market but since you don’t have a lot of bitcoin your influence over the price is very small but there are other ways to manipulate the price like those that use FUD do but you could also manipulate the price by spreading good news.

Activity: 331

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:14:49 AM

Certainly not since the only person/people who can access it is/are its developer which he/they wouldn't not let it down or manipulate it. It can be affected by huge groups by dumping/pumping it yet they can't manipulate it.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:15:54 PM

Every time you buy and sell you are manipulating the market but since you don’t have a lot of bitcoin your influence over the price is very small but there are other ways to manipulate the price like those that use FUD do but you could also manipulate the price by spreading good news.

The movement will be so little that if you would wish to buy again with the new price, you'll lose some money. Remember that the buy order and the sell order have a difference. I wouldn't call it manipulation at all since you can't make it move that much. You simply affected the price of bitcoin but you're not manipulating it. Thinking that you've manipulated the market just because you caused the price to decrease by 1$ is totally absurd IMO.

FUD wouldn't do that much if you're just an average turd. People will think that you're just a troll especially if it's obvious and when you have a low standing in the bitcoin community. You need to have connections and be kind-of popular first before your FUD starts having an actual effect. Posting FUDs here and then would only victimized mindless newbies who don't even have a dollar worth of bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:27:43 PM

I do not think that there are a lot of such holders of a large number of bitcoins. And this means that in fact, only a few people in the world can manipulate the price

You are wrong. There are a lot of bitcoin holders worth millions. But you will not see them because they are whales and working behind the bitcoin ecosystem. They are the one who manipulates the bitcoin price. Those are millionaires or billionaires that are holding bitcoin. We can only speculate who are they, but they can manipulate bitcoin price anytime they want.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: