Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:01:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144143 times)
Jantapw
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:10:46 PM

Isnt BCY and XCP also blockchain based gaming platform?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 09:05:14 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 01:35:40 PM by mprep

The founders are claiming not looking to make money on this so they claim: A non-profit gambling product. MY ASS! I have worked in the gambling industry, and one thing I have learnt is that this industry is full of greedy people. I was going to invest, but this raises major red flags for me. I would have happily invested if the owners would take a small cut on every transaction. I'm not sure what the end game is of these people, but there is one and they are hiding it from us.

The non profit is for legal issues.  I think that your concern is likely based on misperception.

Check out the Telegram chat!

https://t.me/PeerplaysBlockchain

Exchange link?coinmarketcap.com dont have this coin information?

Currently in crowdfunding mode.  Coinmarketcap info will be reenabled after May 30th.

Isnt BCY and XCP also blockchain based gaming platform?

XCP is more not really a gaming platform.  They issue assets amongst other purposes.

BCY is a very specific gaming entity.  They are essentially a crypto version of Magic the Gathering and are not really involved in gambling.

Peerplays is a p2p gambling platform that will enable the world's first decentralized sports exchange.

Big differences for sure.
Carbonform

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:05:20 PM

This ICO is very quiet. Won't they do any effort on marketing here?

How many dollars have been raised so far?

Outside of the $4 million from private contributions, about 320 BTC have thus far been raised.

The ICO may currently be a bit quiet but the tech is anything but...

Also, the price between different stages is very different.
For angel investors, the price is about 2 dollars (and further they will get more tokens freely if they hold the UIA).
For private contributions, the price is 4dollars (1mil tokens for 4mil dollars).
For us (public), the price is at least 5dollars. So .... you know.

Every past token is a UIA lol

I was very excited about this ICO, was plan to buy big but decide to research and read the whole thread for few hours to finish. But lol, this is quite MISLEADING for new buyers. They think the past ico was sold for 2 and 3 dollars and now its only 5$. So its possible to buy. But in reality the price already pumped up to 41 dollar when their OWN exchange halted. I think they had it all planned to pumped to price up before freeze the exchange so they can profit from the 2nd ico for the public. If you read the whole thread people were suprise the price went to $41 and right after it get freeze. Someone bought over 60 btc at the end. Dont you guys think one of the members could just pump the price up before freezing and strike millions with 2nd ICO?

Yes thats possible. All the 1 million token are increase 10x. So there will be 10million  tokens. But they say maximum 9million. I wonder where the 1 million tokens went since the tokens increase 10x

So previous price of 1 token on the exchange was $41
Since its all User-Issued Assets (UIA) the whole 1million token its change 10x to 10million, so the price will be in reality 1 token will be 10 new tokens, each of $4.10 but i guess they upgrade it to $5 they need to make money from the end pump at least.
I meant, which idiot will buy 60 btc when the btc price was $600 and not complain here why the exchange is freezing. He bought 3k coins means with the 2nd ICO he will have 30k new coins.

So conclusion: YOU DONT BUY FOR $5 per token but in reality $50 per token

you spent `hours` doing research  yet you didnt read the peerplays bulletin? Your ramblings make little sense, here let me clear a few things up for you:

the part where it says in plain english - 200,000 uai`s were sold in presale. UAI holders got the choice to sell their tokens for $48 or whatever or get 10x PPY tokens (10x200,000 is 2 million showing in the `seed crowdfund` distribution table) I dunno where ur getting 10x10 million from, you clearly do not understand what you`re blabbering about

So i dont really get what you`re complaining about, Im sure if you prefer to pay $48 instead of $5 it could be arranged?
Arsenal49

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:02:21 PM

Do you think PeerPlay will dump after the ICO?
mixtaman

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:15:50 PM

6 million tokens at 41$
Where did you see that? afaik (and I might be wrong here), when the price was at $41 the total supply was only 1million.

but the founder state they end up with 42 mil marketcap so there was only  1 million supply at start and now they gonna change 1 old token for 10 new token for $5 for 2nd ICO round

hm... yes... where is the problem?  even with 10 million tokens the new marketcap will be 50 million, where do you see a problem here?

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/peerplays/

I see a huge problem. For the new investors they dont know the token is already increase 25x the first round of ICO. Its a huge risk to get dumped on. Founders should update it on the first page here so new investors are aware they change there token supply from 1mil to 6 or 9 mil. Its misleading, I though i could buy for 5$ seems a good price. Only 2.5x the pre sale. Seems reasonable but if you know the price is already 25x of there pre sale its too risky.

Seems a good project but shady to freeze the price at peak without announcing. If they announce before the freeze price it will never stay at $41. So i think its a inside trade to push the price up before freezing and let newcomers buy on peaks.

Published February 21 a week before the crowdfund started:

www.peerplays.com/docs/Peerplays_Bulletin-Feb_2017.pdf

In here we have given great detail of all distributions including the UIA 10:1 allotment which is being claimed above as being unknown.

In regards to "shady to freeze the price at peak without announcing".. I completely agree that is seriously shady. Good thing we gave everyone two weeks notice prior to closing the markets in order for them to buy/sell/hold as they saw fit:

www.peerplays.com/news/important-announcement-peerplays-snapshot-date/

The only market that was open was Bitshares DEX, the most transparent market in the world that operates on a decentralized blockchain. We had no involvement in the trading that took place. It's all public and on the blockchain, so anybody can certainly check into it.

I could go on, but I trust everyone can judge for themselves at this point.

So for all the newcomers, you are welcome to check into the facts of the matter rather that this. Join our Telegram group @Peerplays and ask questions.

Ok, I apologize for not researching 100% about the exchange freeze. About buying in the end of the freeze we can't proof its inside or not.

But I still stand 1:10 is misleading for new investors. But I hope I cleared up some knowledge for new investors at least.

This my last post here and I apologizing for the fud. Good luck with the project

Once again the persistence of false narrative is showcased in this final post.

All I can do is repeat once again what was already stated in the same transparent and very detailed and clear language we have illustrated throughout this project since it started:

Everyone should study this for themselves. The document is significant. Many professionals and legal counsel contributed to this document and it passed through many layers of approval before it was made public. We take communication very seriously and went to great lengths to provide more transparency than what is the defacto. So to say we have been 'misleading' in any way is a stark mischaracterization of the facts and our clearly demonstrated intentions over the span of nearly a year.

Join us in @Peerplays Telegram Group.. feel free to ask questions.

Is there anything to justify this jump in price though? Investors invested 1BTC in pre ico will have a lot of incentive to dump for immideate 25x gains... so better buy after the ICO ?
IamMeeoh

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:30:20 PM

Question (see also: https://www.reddit.com/r/Peerplays/comments/69ont1/crowdfunding/)

Today 9th May (4 days to go to the end of the Tier) we are only at 65.83% of the first tier.
If this ICO is honest, I think it is safe to assume that it will almost surely not reach the desired 5mil$.

So, what happens exactly if not all tiers are completed?  Huh

Possibility 1: Out of the 950.000 tokens distributed in this ICO, those that are not bought are burned.

Possibility 2: All 950.000 tokes are distributed anyway to those who participated to the ICO
(effectively reducing the price of 5$/token).
For example, if only the first tier is completed (5$/token for a total of 200.000 tokes), then all 950.000 tokes
are distributed to those who participated (proportionally), basically giving away the 950.000 tokes at about 1.25%.

I tried to have a look at http://www.peerplays.com/docs/Peerplays_Bulletin-Feb_2017.pdf
But doesn't seem to consider the possibility of not reaching the goal of 5mil$.

Please answer.

I like the project, but this ICO is very poorly advertized and promoted on the web.
I'd like also to mention that:
1) the reddit page is almost dead.
2) the webchat "https://peerplays.chat/" does not allow me to register ('wrong domain' error?)
3) this thread had very few questions and activity.

this seems a bit suspicious assuming that Peerplays aims at promoting a new gambling platform (and has already
accumulated significant money from previous pre-ICOs).

Please provide some explanations, I'm very interested and I'm still considering investing on this project.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:31:32 PM

6 million tokens at 41$
Where did you see that? afaik (and I might be wrong here), when the price was at $41 the total supply was only 1million.

but the founder state they end up with 42 mil marketcap so there was only  1 million supply at start and now they gonna change 1 old token for 10 new token for $5 for 2nd ICO round

hm... yes... where is the problem?  even with 10 million tokens the new marketcap will be 50 million, where do you see a problem here?

I see a huge problem. For the new investors they dont know the token is already increase 25x the first round of ICO. Its a huge risk to get dumped on. Founders should update it on the first page here so new investors are aware they change there token supply from 1mil to 6 or 9 mil. Its misleading, I though i could buy for 5$ seems a good price. Only 2.5x the pre sale. Seems reasonable but if you know the price is already 25x of there pre sale its too risky.

Seems a good project but shady to freeze the price at peak without announcing. If they announce before the freeze price it will never stay at $41. So i think its a inside trade to push the price up before freezing and let newcomers buy on peaks.

In here we have given great detail of all distributions including the UIA 10:1 allotment which is being claimed above as being unknown.

In regards to "shady to freeze the price at peak without announcing".. I completely agree that is seriously shady. Good thing we gave everyone two weeks notice prior to closing the markets in order for them to buy/sell/hold as they saw fit:

The only market that was open was Bitshares DEX, the most transparent market in the world that operates on a decentralized blockchain. We had no involvement in the trading that took place. It's all public and on the blockchain, so anybody can certainly check into it.

So for all the newcomers, you are welcome to check into the facts of the matter rather that this. Join our Telegram group @Peerplays and ask questions.

Ok, I apologize for not researching 100% about the exchange freeze. About buying in the end of the freeze we can't proof its inside or not.

But I still stand 1:10 is misleading for new investors. But I hope I cleared up some knowledge for new investors at least.

This my last post here and I apologizing for the fud. Good luck with the project

All I can do is repeat once again what was already stated in the same transparent and very detailed and clear language we have illustrated throughout this project since it started:

Everyone should study this for themselves. The document is significant. Many professionals and legal counsel contributed to this document and it passed through many layers of approval before it was made public. We take communication very seriously and went to great lengths to provide more transparency than what is the defacto. So to say we have been 'misleading' in any way is a stark mischaracterization of the facts and our clearly demonstrated intentions over the span of nearly a year.

Is there anything to justify this jump in price though? Investors invested 1BTC in pre ico will have a lot of incentive to dump for immideate 25x gains... so better buy after the ICO ?

Relatively obvious that $5 per coin now is pretty damn high compared to previous ICO and market prices. It's also concerning to me personally that there seems to be a mix of incorporation types, the exceptionally clear 'donation' language etc. Just can't figure out why anyone would construct an ICO in such a convoluted way.

That said, I have only skimmed the news and terms so hell who knows. Caveat Emptor as always.

BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:07:41 AM

6 million tokens at 41$

Well.. some facts: We closed last time at a $42m market cap.. today we are coming out at $30m market cap.. so there is room to grow.. this was at a time when a $42m market cap had us in the TOP 10 of CMC.. we were #9. Today that same spot is occupied by a project that at the same time we were valued at $42m was valued at $18m.. and is now sitting at $347m... its all speculation at this stage.. its amazing whats going on though.

The blockchain is launching.. with or without you. Our presale had people saying these exact same things at $2 to $3 when we had nothing but a whitepaper to show. Today we have a team of 25 developers worldwide, proven ability to deliver on our milestones... and a working technology and already have raised nearly $5 million.

These attempts to misdirect on price have increasingly seemed more like an attempt to shake us down to lower it in some fashion when we have in fact already come in at a discount. ICO dumpers just cant see it.. and really who wants them in a starting blockchain?
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:16:22 AM

Question (see also: https://www.reddit.com/r/Peerplays/comments/69ont1/crowdfunding/)

Today 9th May (4 days to go to the end of the Tier) we are only at 65.83% of the first tier.
If this ICO is honest, I think it is safe to assume that it will almost surely not reach the desired 5mil$.

Possibility 1: Out of the 950.000 tokens distributed in this ICO, those that are not bought are burned.

Possibility 2: All 950.000 tokes are distributed anyway to those who participated to the ICO
For example, if only the first tier is completed (5$/token for a total of 200.000 tokes), then all 950.000 tokes
are distributed to those who participated (proportionally), basically giving away the 950.000 tokes at about 1.25%.

I tried to have a look at http://www.peerplays.com/docs/Peerplays_Bulletin-Feb_2017.pdf
But doesn't seem to consider the possibility of not reaching the goal of 5mil$.

Please answer.

I like the project, but this ICO is very poorly advertized and promoted on the web.
2) the webchat "https://peerplays.chat/" does not allow me to register ('wrong domain' error?)

this seems a bit suspicious assuming that Peerplays aims at promoting a new gambling platform (and has already

Please provide some explanations, I'm very interested and I'm still considering investing on this project.

I appreciate the attempt at analysis of some kind.. but so many of these questions have already been answered many times over in many places. We also are available online to answer questions all the time. All you have to do is ask. Regardless, lets answer some of the questions here:

Asked time and again... and we have said time and again the remaining tokens simply will be unminted.

Please answer.

I looked for a question but saw none. Just observations of anything that could be cast in a negative light. Regardless of a reddit channel we never gained traction in, or a few chat channels that you had some trouble with or don't have a lot of activity in because there is more activity elsewhere, or a bitcointalk thread that we paid little attention too because we were engaged directly with people asking us questions... we have a working profit sharing gaming platform blockchain which launches in just over two weeks with or without some people.

If you're interest is in this bitcointalk thread you can go back to the beginnings where people couldn't understand how their $2-$3 'priced too high' presale tokens started trading at $10 then $20 then $30 nd ending at $42 each in less than six months. How we skyrocketed to #9 in Coinmarketcap in the end.

I highly recommend once again for anybody who wants the facts and want to really know what is going on to simply sign up on Telegram @Peerplays.. we have an awesome community forming and now have as of writing this 244 members.
Bailo

Activity: 700
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:13:23 AM

IT is always the same: nobody wants to take any risks for investments, but everybody wants to get rich  in a few days...  Cheesy
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:57:19 PM

IT is always the same: nobody wants to take any risks for investments, but everybody wants to get rich  in a few days...  Cheesy

Testify!  Grin
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:28:56 PM

Tier 1 is now sold out.

Tier 2 is selling...

www.peerplays.com
Carbonform

Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:26:07 PM

Testify!  Grin

Yeah everyone wants cheaper tokens than presale with moon launch Cheesy
mescalito

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:20:01 PM

The whitepaper is too general and vague IMHO. But most importantly, why there is no new code on Github since last summer?
Invest It In

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:15:38 AM

Research before you invest:
Interview with Peerplays: https://www.investitin.com/peerplays/
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:16:43 PM

The whitepaper is too general and vague IMHO. But most importantly, why there is no new code on Github since last summer?

There was a reason for that. We knew we had a long lead time.. and what we were releasing was quickly being copied and made it's way into several other projects whitepapers who have gone on to launch their own ICOs off our materials. So with that we felt it best to keep things to be released closer to when they are actually released lest a first mover advantage or confusion over who made what first happens.

That code that is public is of course public.. and demonstrates our capability to execute on what we are doing.

I understand some people itching to dig into the guts of this for their own curiosity, but sadly there are others in the world who dig for other reasons.

Hope this is understandable.
Saint-loup
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 2353

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:08:52 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 11:39:28 AM by Saint-loup

The global online sports betting and gaming market is continuing to boom.
The growth of the entire online sector has been more than impressive: In 2010, the global revenues of online gaming and betting amounted to about USD 30.3bn.
By the end of 2018, the market could nearly double in size to USD 59.1bn.

According to reliable forecasts, the market is expected to grow by a compound annual growth rate of 10.6% between 2015 and 2018.

https://www.bet-at-home.ag/en/bah/market

The global online gambling and betting market is expected to reach US$96.89 bn by the end of 2024. The market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 10.8% from 2016 to 2024. By the end of 2016, the global online gambling and betting market is expected to reach US$42.63 bn.

http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/online-gambling-betting.html

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
melea

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Not B troll & do something!

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 11:54:19 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 03:38:07 PM by melea

Last call! Passengers with PPY destination, the flight leaves in the middle of two hours, board already! Last call!

https://youtu.be/vqBsu3-4uqE

melea

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Not B troll & do something!

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 03:38:40 PM

00:00:00:00 Crowdfund end!

Congratulations to all.

4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:29:09 PM

I invested a bit last night.  I originally invested a pretty significant chunk in the pre-sale, only to sell out for the ridiculous prices the token was getting on the BTS exchange.   This token is basically the reason why I have what I have now in crypto.  For that reason, I had to get back in.  Not as significant of an investment this time, but a few hundred will be good to hold.   
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: