Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:18:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: panic selling  (Read 111153 times)
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:48:49 AM

Panic selling do only happens commonly when price of bitcoin sudden dips down again and for those newbie holder do panic sell in able to cut loss but in reality they lose always on negative thats why theres no point on panic selling.Instead of doing it better to hold it off than to sell just to cut loses,knowing bitcoin it do really drops it price but still it recovers.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:01:49 AM

The reason behind panic selling is that people lack patience and they get panic when they see price going down and start selling their coins at cheaper price and I think that is the time when we should hold our coins tight and wait for the price to bounce back again but generally people doesn't follow this simple rule.

It is not the patience that triggers panic selling.  It is the lack of knowledge on what it is their holding.  Lack knowledge meand lack of faith, and lack of faith means easily get shaken when dumps occurs, may it valid or fake dump.  So the first move this people who lack faith is to sell their holdings the soonest the can.
I think there are many reasons why users panic when something happens to the bitcoin market, it can happen because of lack of patience or lack of knowledge. All have an effect
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 01:07:31 PM

I hope that this pump will happen for a longer time. And I hope also that those whales aren't going to start the selling so that panic sellers will not do the same. The movement of bitcoin's price right is very calm and it's in the favor to all of us if this is going to continue then everyone that is holding for a longer time will be happy.

i know this is just not a temporary pump.
as you can read the news, there are so many good news happening basically on the ETF, the big company and investors that are planning to invest on bitcoin. that is why we need to collect more bitcoin and hold it tight.

It is what I'm believing too. And if you will check the price of bitcoin right now. It looks like it will be stable and it's new floor price will be ranging from $1,400 - $1,500+ and it will become higher if the ETF will have a positive result. But I'm also expecting that there would be some dumping by the panic sellers although it's not going to have a big impact.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:33:45 PM

Indeed, price is pushed upward by Bitfinex deposit and withdrawal issues (I refer to USD deposits and withdrawals, obviously), just like it was pushed downward after that exchange got hacked in August last year. But I still don't think there is an actual bubble, and I don't think either that the price is going to fall as low as 950 dollars per coin this time. Personally, I don't expect it to go substantially below 1,100 dollars since there is strong support in the range of 1,000-1,100 dollars (at least, not for long). Of course, if some really bad news hits the fan, the price could potentially go lower but that would have nothing to do with bubbles
The exchange hacking case was a total different thing and yes it was a bad experience for the bitcoiners but it made it a lesson for the future for the bitcoin community and the BTC overcome such type of stuff. The prices even if fall it will not be more than a $200 to $300 difference that the current rate. But I am not sure that any downfall in the price can be witnessed in near future to trigger panic selling.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:48:41 PM

I hope that this pump will happen for a longer time. And I hope also that those whales aren't going to start the selling so that panic sellers will not do the same. The movement of bitcoin's price right is very calm and it's in the favor to all of us if this is going to continue then everyone that is holding for a longer time will be happy.

as you can read the news, there are so many good news happening basically on the ETF, the big company and investors that are planning to invest on bitcoin. that is why we need to collect more bitcoin and hold it tight.

It is what I'm believing too. And if you will check the price of bitcoin right now. It looks like it will be stable and it's new floor price will be ranging from $1,400 - $1,500+ and it will become higher if the ETF will have a positive result. But I'm also expecting that there would be some dumping by the panic sellers although it's not going to have a big impact.

The price has been more stable in the last couple of weeks or so. Well dumping is inevitable, but I think the price will not be hit hard if ever there is one. Maybe just a hundred dollars below but it will not go down under $1000. If ETF is approved(which I doubt) then bitcoin will again sky rocketed its price. But that remains to be seen as the review and the subsequent result is not yet public.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:23:27 PM

to me i think people have now become more mature and they are not going to trap in panic selling. hope that this time they are going to hold their bitcoin and not going to sell it in panic like situation. hope that this time they are going to give good support to bitcoin, in case if its price will start decreasing

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:01:28 PM

If it's a massive sum like a 1BTCM then maybe yes, it could cause a drop, which would cause a chain reaction. However, I wouldn't worry about that. We have more to worry from the Chinese government releasing stuff into the media, causing people to panic.

But then again, if they all started to sell, the cheaper it gets. Their loss, our gain.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:02:33 AM

If it's a massive sum like a 1BTCM then maybe yes, it could cause a drop, which would cause a chain reaction. However, I wouldn't worry about that. We have more to worry from the Chinese government releasing stuff into the media, causing people to panic.

But then again, if they all started to sell, the cheaper it gets. Their loss, our gain.
Yep there is nothing to worry about because the price of bitcoin is getting stabled and if the price drops then we should not be in panic because we will just loss if we choose to join the panic selling and that will cut the possibility for us to earn a lot of money in the future because we already sell our bitcoins. It will never be our loss until we sell our bitcoin.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:53:31 AM

I had thinked the price at 1300 would come with anothe dump over bitcoin, and well since those bitcoin still flying away, even with a lot problems into it, its amazing to be present and able to follow bitcoin these days. Panic selling might come but well enjoy the ride while it last.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:31:45 AM

I had thinked the price at 1300 would come with anothe dump over bitcoin, and well since those bitcoin still flying away, even with a lot problems into it, its amazing to be present and able to follow bitcoin these days. Panic selling might come but well enjoy the ride while it last.
That's good. Last few days the price is moving with resistance forward and backward. If the same continues there won't be any panic situation. When some steep drop happens panic selling gets started. Big investors use this opportunity and buy to get profited. Users need to realize the steep fall will give a price increase and avoid selling.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:57:38 AM

Panic selling do only happens commonly when price of bitcoin sudden dips down again and for those newbie holder do panic sell in able to cut loss but in reality they lose always on negative thats why theres no point on panic selling.Instead of doing it better to hold it off than to sell just to cut loses,knowing bitcoin it do really drops it price but still it recovers.
I think not just at the price down course, panic selling happens. But when prices go up high though. Most users will panic selling so they can get a big profit
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:14:04 AM

I think not just at the price down course, panic selling happens. But when prices go up high though. Most users will panic selling so they can get a big profit

I think more users already sell their bitcoin that is why the value is continuous increase due to increasing of demand.
Selling bitcoin is not bad for investor if you see that you gain enough profit for your investment.
Then after selling just wait again for the right time to buy bitcoin for investment again.
ipungadhi

Activity: 272

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:05:29 AM

Yeah most people panic selling when they see the prices are falling so fast that users experience fear to get bigger losses, so they do cut loss

bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 09:38:59 AM

The price has been more stable in the last couple of weeks or so. Well dumping is inevitable, but I think the price will not be hit hard if ever there is one. Maybe just a hundred dollars below but it will not go down under $1000. If ETF is approved(which I doubt) then bitcoin will again sky rocketed its price. But that remains to be seen as the review and the subsequent result is not yet public.

We are not just noticing that there's some panic selling or dumping that's happening right now, why? Because the price is still too high for us and it really doesn't affect us though every pump and dump really matters for us who are holding bitcoins. ETF will be a good boost for the price of bitcoin but well we don't have to hope for it, if that will be approved then let's be thankful but if won't, there's nothing new.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
shycoins

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:07:58 AM

the price riser more,the Chinese buyer more,it's a very strange behavior,not any rational consider
but some one still earn some money and the others lose a lots of their money
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:24:02 AM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?
Its a technique usually used by big whales and chinese gamblers to make bitcoin price drop and buy it at cheaper price.It worked for them very well when more people were unaware of bitcoin's potential.but now situation has changed and more people all over the world have realized about bitcoin's potential.Only newbies who are new to trading become victims of such situations and get panic and sell their bitcoins immediately.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:27:15 PM

Yep there is nothing to worry about because the price of bitcoin is getting stabled and if the price drops then we should not be in panic because we will just loss if we choose to join the panic selling and that will cut the possibility for us to earn a lot of money in the future because we already sell our bitcoins. It will never be our loss until we sell our bitcoin.

Yup, I've seen charts and even during steep plunges, the price recover and then exceed the last peak price. Now my only problem is how to take advantage of those plunges. I don't always have cash at hand so it would be nice if it's possible to convert my bitcoins in an exchange to fiat, and then use it to buy more btc when it does plunge.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:50:34 PM

the price riser more,the Chinese buyer more,it's a very strange behavior,not any rational consider
but some one still earn some money and the others lose a lots of their money

It is not a strange behavior, it is actually normal in trading world, if there is panic selling, the counterpart of it is panic buying due to FOMO (fear of missing out)

Some huge dumps are orchestrated by whales or group of people who wanted to crash bitcoin price for their own profitability.  They spread FUD, make a fake dump and these people who have weak faith or knowledge about Bitcoin will certainly  shaken and will sell their holdings in an instant.
Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:02:40 PM

Those days are long gone,the Chinese government cannot put pressure on the price of bitcoin any more as you can see that the majority of volume is not from China and so these sort of follow up news wont see a huge dump in the price of bitcoin as we used to see in the past. People usually panics when they hear any bad news ,it is natural but if you are a trader you must consider the long term aspects too.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:45:24 PM

i think most of the people were thinking that bitcoin has to face strong barrier at that stage but we can see that bitcoin price has crossed the 1500 USD level and sill the price of bitcoin is increasing and now people are expecting that the price of bitcoin will cross 2000 USD level at the end of2017 while some people are thinking that the price of bitcoin certainly going to cross 2500 USD level.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: