Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:41:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: panic selling  (Read 111155 times)
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:41:35 AM

back in the day i panic sold a few times. btc, ltc, eth.

in each case if i had hodled i would have in much better shape. i mostly hodl now and sell a bit here and there when the price is good.

live and learn.
I can tell you have learn from your experience, you have been here in the crypto world for so long and that experience will make you matured.
My focus now is to hold only, I am so amaze by how the price rise in a short period of time and it seems like there is no stopping for bitcoin, I just coudn't imagine how people have supported with bitcoin and those who adopted early are so lucky.

Same as you, I wish I have known Bitcoin sooner. In my short period of time in Bitcoin, I go panic selling when the price is high and I miss the opportunity since what I though was high has gone higher than it was. So it is good to wait a little bit and see where the price will take its path by keeping yourself with news, updates, and seek other people's point of view which are far more experienced than you.

Everyone is smart after the event. To avoid future failures you should do two basic trading tactics.

1. Do not sell and buy everything at the same time.
2. Set yourselfs target prices to buy and sell.
3. Leave yourself a margin of error.
4. Act accordingly to your psychological profile.
Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:52:21 AM

Most panic sells i noticed are just large stop losses being triggered.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:57:26 AM

There will  be no more panic selling this year, although people will be in panic mode in buying bitcoin at this current price,  i saw a post on bitcoin discussion that they cant buy cheap btc when september comes.
I wonder why panic selling does not happen when the pump comes and makes the price very high. Usually users sell all their bitcoins because they want to get a high profit from this price increase. But panic selling does not happen?

Maybe because people expect the price to move even higher? Just because you think something is high and needs to be sold does not mean other people must be of the same opinion. And do not forget the big boys with deep pockets. If they wanna see a coin increasing in value way more they can easily pump it higher until they decide to pump after the dumb has followed.This is how the game usually works.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:28:44 AM

There should be panic selling because there are so many weak hands in the market now which must be eliminated.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:11:07 AM

There will  be no more panic selling this year, although people will be in panic mode in buying bitcoin at this current price,  i saw a post on bitcoin discussion that they cant buy cheap btc when september comes.
I think panic selling tidal happens because of too large demand in the market bitcoin, so it closes panic selling happens. And make the bitcoin price also higher
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:45:19 AM

Selling will be now not the best thing that you can do and that is because the value is not even that high now and that have to change because the value of Bitcoin is now rising slowly.
And many people are now holding it for a long time because they see that the value of the Bitcoin is rising slowly and that the halving is also coming.
Exactly, its better to hold your bitcoin right now than to sell it. The fact that bitcoin price is continuously increasing, you can get some profit when you hold it. Panic selling is not a good idea because if the price of bitcoin fall instead of getting a profit you'll lose some of it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:07:30 AM

Selling will be now not the best thing that you can do and that is because the value is not even that high now and that have to change because the value of Bitcoin is now rising slowly.
And many people are now holding it for a long time because they see that the value of the Bitcoin is rising slowly and that the halving is also coming.
Exactly, its better to hold your bitcoin right now than to sell it. The fact that bitcoin price is continuously increasing, you can get some profit when you hold it. Panic selling is not a good idea because if the price of bitcoin fall instead of getting a profit you'll lose some of it.
The price just drop recently and I hope it will not cause panic to you people, remember that we've been here before
and we have seen this scenario already, just trust bitcoin and hold.
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:11:37 AM

^ Most idiotic comment ever

Why would anyone hold stuff which will fall?Huh?
LEEMEEGO

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:06:07 AM

The price just drop recently and I hope it will not cause panic to you people, remember that we've been here before
and we have seen this scenario already, just trust bitcoin and hold.

the most dumbest thing to do is to panic sell he there will a huge fall to the price.  yet the smartest thing to do in such scenario is to panic buy.  buy more and hold strong.  that's the key!
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:30:26 AM

It is a sure thing going that bitcoin prices will definitely go down? But the falling price is a reasonable cycle in bitcoin. And the price will definitely go back up because it's a cycle. So that's why we hold back
yrreg ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:32:29 AM

At this times more bitcoin user are greedy and they want to sell their bitcoin, panic selling never avoid,the truth, is because we don't know what will happen in the future or the following days so they result of selling their bitcoin.

When we compare to the past trading history in bitcoin market it has a big difference so we are amaze to the price of bitcoin and turn to sell our bitcoin. Additionally, they think that its enough and a big help for our need.
Viscore

Activity: 3080
Merit: 649

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:57:21 AM

It is a sure thing going that bitcoin prices will definitely go down? But the falling price is a reasonable cycle in bitcoin. And the price will definitely go back up because it's a cycle. So that's why we hold back
It's not a surprise if anyone will sell their bitcoins, they are just panic because they have a weak hands, lack of knowledge will
lead to that action and they will regret in the end once the price started to pump.
Smart traders makes money from dumb people, they tend to make fast and easy money without understanding the market
that's why they loss.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
kuyaJ

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:53:04 AM

It's not a surprise if anyone will sell their bitcoins, they are just panic because they have a weak hands, lack of knowledge will
lead to that action and they will regret in the end once the price started to pump.
Smart traders makes money from dumb people, they tend to make fast and easy money without understanding the market
that's why they loss.
That's why you need to be knowledgeable enough so you will not end up losing the opportunity which really is a sad thing. Open up your hears and hear out the trusted ones then learn from them. You might as well use your eyes and view some articles that will help understand how the system works so you will not be ignorant and just go with the flow that is without knowing what is the right path to choose which you just go where others are. Be smart and wise in making decisions.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:59:22 AM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
CODE200

Activity: 1484
Merit: 323

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:04:22 AM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?
Learn from the past mistakes, Because me as a trader I make a many lose because of panic selling so I think now If that will happen I will not sell my coins rather bitcoin because I am sure that after that huge dump the bitcoin price will pump again and surpass the last pick price that he make because bitcoin have a many supporters.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:09:15 AM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?
Learn from the past mistakes, Because me as a trader I make a many lose because of panic selling so I think now If that will happen I will not sell my coins rather bitcoin because I am sure that after that huge dump the bitcoin price will pump again and surpass the last pick price that he make because bitcoin have a many supporters.
Yes, that is right. If you will just a lot of patience then you will not lose any amount of money and panic selling is just for newbies who didn't know what is the importance of being a believer of bitcoin. Most of the times, dumps are just for temporary and if you look for long term then holding will be the best because in long term chart, the price seems always going up and that what you need to stick in your mind that don't panic sell and just hold.
Kamarah

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:00:28 AM

I think panic selling tidal happens because of too large demand in the market bitcoin, so it closes panic selling happens. And make the bitcoin price also higher

investors know that there will be a good time to sell their bitcoin for the profit and they can collect more bitcoin if they sell all of their bitcoin

mornabo

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

I think it would be better if you arrest him. Look at bitcoin prices keep moving up and start craze. Surely you do not want to lose? It would be better if you arrested him. Surely you will get bigger profit?

mornabo

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:40:56 PM

I think bitcoin users are smart enough nowadays. They will not easily panic as prices rise. They will be patient and see the market situation to make sure first. That's why there is no panic selling
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:50:39 PM

I diasagree. He means the falling is a temporary thing, so why to sell at low price and thus making it to drop even more? Remember 2014 when people who bought at $1,200 were panic selling at $800. They should have hold their coins and now they would be in profit.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: