Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:58:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
legdunes

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 01:28:07 PM

No definitely not a good investment for the long term. You may be lucky and get a quick return but it's still not worth holding. The more people that try to make more from alts the more alts there will be and there is really only one true altcoin - Litecoin.

Hahaha this has to be a wind up. Gulden destroys Litecoin in every way that matters or will matter

The issue is that there was no point for Gulden to even be created - we have Bitcoin and Litecoin is the altcoin, that's enough. Too many alts will destroy crypto.
vinci

Activity: 73

Be a NEMber- nem.io

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 09:42:26 PM

No definitely not a good investment for the long term. You may be lucky and get a quick return but it's still not worth holding. The more people that try to make more from alts the more alts there will be and there is really only one true altcoin - Litecoin.

Hahaha this has to be a wind up. Gulden destroys Litecoin in every way that matters or will matter

The issue is that there was no point for Gulden to even be created - we have Bitcoin and Litecoin is the altcoin, that's enough. Too many alts will destroy crypto.

lol you dont know what you're talking about. So can you please tell me why satoshi made bitcoin an open source code? just to make litecoin?  Tongue more crypto means more improvements on the tech. I'ts not an issue.

★☆★ NEM CATAPULT HYPE! READY TO LAUNCH ★☆★
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:23:26 AM

I only partially agree with that way of thinking.  Altcoins are a good idea if it is to improve upon the technology.  Bitcoin being the first, it also has the least developed technology.   Because there's something to crypto that is different from all  other forms of technology: because the principal value proposition of a crypto is immutability, essentially the principles are "frozen in" at launch.  One can still tweak the tech a bit without breaking the immutability of principle, but that's about it.  A crypto cannot evolve fundamentally.  Bitcoin will remain with its limitations and shortcomings forever.  Most cryptos will.  There are cryptos like monero who have in their "immutability principles" also "regular hard forking", or who have evolved some kind of other state-like gouvernance like DASH, but I consider these cryptos more like interesting prototype development boards than actual immutable cryptos.  "evolving" cryptos are, I would say, by definition, not immutable - but as long as they stick to their basic principles, one could still accept that.  "voting coins" like ETH have essentially totally lost their immutability.

All this to say that, contrary to most technology, where the first mover also has most experience in evolving and improving, crypto is crippled that way.  So the way to invent new crypto tech is not to try to implement it on an existing system and fight the "immutability inertia" (which is on the other hand the essence of crypto), but to make a new coin.

So no, altcoins will not destroy crypto, on the contrary. It is the only way to go forward.  I see it actually as a continuous abandoning old crypto for newer ones.  That time scale can be long (exactly because it takes time to build up the monetary belief system and because of immutability), and old successful coins like bitcoin will probably take ages to die, but when they are REALLY technically totally and economically backwards and surpassed for tens of years, I cannot imagine, apart from a bunch of nostalgics, that people keep the old stuff running forever.  I see it rather that new generations of altcoins overtake old generations, if they really are much better technically and economically.

But new altcoins have to make technical/economical propositions that are really groundbreaking, and are not just tweaks of old stuff.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 06:32:52 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 07:05:30 AM by Bluestreet

I only partially agree with that way of thinking.  Altcoins are a good idea if it is to improve upon the technology.  Bitcoin being the first, it also has the least developed technology.   Because there's something to crypto that is different from all  other forms of technology: because the principal value proposition of a crypto is immutability, essentially the principles are "frozen in" at launch.  One can still tweak the tech a bit without breaking the immutability of principle, but that's about it.  A crypto cannot evolve fundamentally.  Bitcoin will remain with its limitations and shortcomings forever.  Most cryptos will.  There are cryptos like monero who have in their "immutability principles" also "regular hard forking", or who have evolved some kind of other state-like gouvernance like DASH, but I consider these cryptos more like interesting prototype development boards than actual immutable cryptos.  "evolving" cryptos are, I would say, by definition, not immutable - but as long as they stick to their basic principles, one could still accept that.  "voting coins" like ETH have essentially totally lost their immutability.

All this to say that, contrary to most technology, where the first mover also has most experience in evolving and improving, crypto is crippled that way.  So the way to invent new crypto tech is not to try to implement it on an existing system and fight the "immutability inertia" (which is on the other hand the essence of crypto), but to make a new coin.

So no, altcoins will not destroy crypto, on the contrary. It is the only way to go forward.  I see it actually as a continuous abandoning old crypto for newer ones.  That time scale can be long (exactly because it takes time to build up the monetary belief system and because of immutability), and old successful coins like bitcoin will probably take ages to die, but when they are REALLY technically totally and economically backwards and surpassed for tens of years, I cannot imagine, apart from a bunch of nostalgics, that people keep the old stuff running forever.  I see it rather that new generations of altcoins overtake old generations, if they really are much better technically and economically.

But new altcoins have to make technical/economical propositions that are really groundbreaking, and are not just tweaks of old stuff.

The ability to update on old tech is more important then starting a coin on new tech. This is what Gulden does well and why there is more confidence in them each passing day. Gulden was first to update to 0.11 codebase, for instance Dash is still on 0.10.

What a lot of developers do is abandon the old coins leaving the investors with worthless junk and then copy new coins with the latest and greatest features and then fall behind again in a year but they not skilled enough to update.

MaNI and Waterloodown are very underrated but they also humble and this is why you haven't seen the hype like you get with other coins.
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 09:17:00 AM

I still think that Gulden just started his way up despite that some people are laughing in my face when I say this. Of course, it is possible to go down after update release. We know examples that updates sometimes are negative for crypto.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 09:39:43 AM

I still think that Gulden just started his way up despite that some people are laughing in my face when I say this. Of course, it is possible to go down after update release. We know examples that updates sometimes are negative for crypto.

After 1.6.0 comes the huge project called PRIME with it's own whitepaper. 1.6.0 is only taken 4 months from last Android release. This is very fast development if they release 1.6.0 this month.
SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 11:30:53 AM

2300 will be top for a few months to a year.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:37:52 AM

I only partially agree with that way of thinking.  Altcoins are a good idea if it is to improve upon the technology.  Bitcoin being the first, it also has the least developed technology.   Because there's something to crypto that is different from all  other forms of technology: because the principal value proposition of a crypto is immutability, essentially the principles are "frozen in" at launch.  One can still tweak the tech a bit without breaking the immutability of principle, but that's about it.  A crypto cannot evolve fundamentally.  Bitcoin will remain with its limitations and shortcomings forever.  Most cryptos will.  There are cryptos like monero who have in their "immutability principles" also "regular hard forking", or who have evolved some kind of other state-like gouvernance like DASH, but I consider these cryptos more like interesting prototype development boards than actual immutable cryptos.  "evolving" cryptos are, I would say, by definition, not immutable - but as long as they stick to their basic principles, one could still accept that.  "voting coins" like ETH have essentially totally lost their immutability.

All this to say that, contrary to most technology, where the first mover also has most experience in evolving and improving, crypto is crippled that way.  So the way to invent new crypto tech is not to try to implement it on an existing system and fight the "immutability inertia" (which is on the other hand the essence of crypto), but to make a new coin.

So no, altcoins will not destroy crypto, on the contrary. It is the only way to go forward.  I see it actually as a continuous abandoning old crypto for newer ones.  That time scale can be long (exactly because it takes time to build up the monetary belief system and because of immutability), and old successful coins like bitcoin will probably take ages to die, but when they are REALLY technically totally and economically backwards and surpassed for tens of years, I cannot imagine, apart from a bunch of nostalgics, that people keep the old stuff running forever.  I see it rather that new generations of altcoins overtake old generations, if they really are much better technically and economically.

The ability to update on old tech is more important then starting a coin on new tech. This is what Gulden does well and why there is more confidence in them each passing day. Gulden was first to update to 0.11 codebase, for instance Dash is still on 0.10.

What a lot of developers do is abandon the old coins leaving the investors with worthless junk and then copy new coins with the latest and greatest features and then fall behind again in a year but they not skilled enough to update.

MaNI and Waterloodown are very underrated but they also humble and this is why you haven't seen the hype like you get with other coins.

I have never see a new coin with Algorithm: scrypt PoW DELTA Wink
Reallist

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 03:24:13 PM

Did the OP say if he bought coins or not? He or she missed out huge gains. The price is stable at these levels too.
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 06:08:55 PM

Did the OP say if he bought coins or not? He or she missed out huge gains. The price is stable at these levels too.

This price is still cheap
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:50:16 PM

Indeed and due to that I think it stays a pretty okay investment, lets hope it will rise more and more in the future.
It would be great right ?
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:53:24 PM

Indeed and due to that I think it stays a pretty okay investment, lets hope it will rise more and more in the future.
It would be great right ?

i'm a long holder for the future I wil not sell this year and still buy NLG
Erzatium

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 12:08:51 AM

I think that we can invest in it but that I think we also should take a good look at it before we will do this.
Most likely investing on this coin is good but I do not know if it really will be profitable.
CoinsRoyal

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 02:48:41 AM

Gulden is good and we should invest in it, I think that we can hold it for a pretty long time and still make some good profit with this altcoin.
It has a good future and can also rise more these days.
Mavricks

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:50:07 AM

Gulden is good and we should invest in it, I think that we can hold it for a pretty long time and still make some good profit with this altcoin.
It has a good future and can also rise more these days.
which exchanges is it on?
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 04:40:50 AM

go to https://coinmarketcap.com/

look for the line with Gulden, NLG

click on the Volume(24h) colomn amount

you wil get the exchange where it is traded sorted by volume: Bittrex and Nocks
TwoRightsMakeARight (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 06:42:02 AM

OH MY HAT!
That will teach me to listen to negative posters, I only bought 27k in the 400s.  Angry Angry Angry

What happened with this coin that the price grew like this?

Has a time machine been invented yet?
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 06:58:32 AM

I think that we can invest in it but that I think we also should take a good look at it before we will do this.
Most likely investing on this coin is good but I do not know if it really will be profitable.
you can try playing buy low and sell high for this time if you just like to observed how you can make a good profits from it
me personally before i invest in a long term alt i play first and check every ann page and here it seems that the project is for long
term and price still cheap i guess.
Dank14

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:58:03 AM

The price of Gulden is rising gradually...
InsideBjorn

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:42:56 PM

Investing in the Gulden can be good and I think that we can make some good profit on it too, I  see some people holding it for a long term and making profit so that is pretty good news right ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: