Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
Dashltc

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 11:33:03 AM

MaNI I want to say massive respect to you and your team, I almost couldn't believe I was opening up a crypto wallet when opening up 1.6.0 for the first time. I like the freedom accounts give you and the link feature from Android to desktop is revolutionary. Thank YOU!!
Thanks.

For the bad news the traders are behaving the way I expected and disrespecting your teams development, if you could let the traders take over the coin and let them fuck around with it and start a new Gulden and only have users swap. There is no denying your teams development skills and it's unfair a handful of whales are stamping all over your work.
I'm not sure where you ever got the impression that anything in life is fair. It isn't, life is a constant struggle, anything of worth that anyone ever accomplished was done through blood sweat and tears.

There are no easy solutions, these 'cheap' ideas like coin swaps or new coins solve nothing, all doing such a thing would show is that the team has no backbone and will happily ditch something when things don't go our way, is it this sort of thinking (your sort of thinking) that is exactly what is wrong with the crypto scene - nobody is prepared to stand for anything any more.

That traders have 'won' this round is sad, I am sorry it has happened (mostly for the people who will have lost money as a result), though not surprised, people should be in less of a rush to push the price up. they should place buy support instead of buying at high prices, they should think long term, until this mentality becomes more normal traders will continue to win. But focusing on this is silly and only half the picture, thinking about price is small minded and way too short term.

We end the year with a better product, with more users than we have ever had before, with a large real community of real nice people who aren't price obsessed and aren't part of the normal toxic crypto crowd, with enough funding to continue our good development into the new year. The low price will make it easier to attract new users, and we have the product to do it. These are the things that matter, this is what the dev team cares about, the current price today, that is not significant to us.

So no, we will not behave like a bunch of spineless cowards like you suggest and perform some silly 'coin swap' or other nonsense, we will carry on doing exactly what we already are, we will stand for something and stand behind our product. We will continue to build something one bloody step at a time, the way things are always done in the real world, nothing worthwhile ever comes easily.
You should snap out of this toxic mindset and come join us on slack where we are building something real.

Eventually we will have so many users that the price will rise legitimately to a point that these current traders will become irrelevant, a long forgotten memory, other than the fact that they will be here, whinging that they sold out too soon, this is what happens to all short sighted people in the end.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

This feedback will give a lot of long term investors confidence, I look forward to another good year for Gulden!

MOOOOON !!!!

True Gulden investors are very lucky to have you MaNI, a lot of developers would of walked away with some profits and never returned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:17:35 PM

MaNI I want to say massive respect to you and your team, I almost couldn't believe I was opening up a crypto wallet when opening up 1.6.0 for the first time. I like the freedom accounts give you and the link feature from Android to desktop is revolutionary. Thank YOU!!
Thanks.

For the bad news the traders are behaving the way I expected and disrespecting your teams development, if you could let the traders take over the coin and let them fuck around with it and start a new Gulden and only have users swap. There is no denying your teams development skills and it's unfair a handful of whales are stamping all over your work.
I'm not sure where you ever got the impression that anything in life is fair. It isn't, life is a constant struggle, anything of worth that anyone ever accomplished was done through blood sweat and tears.

There are no easy solutions, these 'cheap' ideas like coin swaps or new coins solve nothing, all doing such a thing would show is that the team has no backbone and will happily ditch something when things don't go our way, is it this sort of thinking (your sort of thinking) that is exactly what is wrong with the crypto scene - nobody is prepared to stand for anything any more.

That traders have 'won' this round is sad, I am sorry it has happened (mostly for the people who will have lost money as a result), though not surprised, people should be in less of a rush to push the price up. they should place buy support instead of buying at high prices, they should think long term, until this mentality becomes more normal traders will continue to win. But focusing on this is silly and only half the picture, thinking about price is small minded and way too short term.

We end the year with a better product, with more users than we have ever had before, with a large real community of real nice people who aren't price obsessed and aren't part of the normal toxic crypto crowd, with enough funding to continue our good development into the new year. The low price will make it easier to attract new users, and we have the product to do it. These are the things that matter, this is what the dev team cares about, the current price today, that is not significant to us.

So no, we will not behave like a bunch of spineless cowards like you suggest and perform some silly 'coin swap' or other nonsense, we will carry on doing exactly what we already are, we will stand for something and stand behind our product. We will continue to build something one bloody step at a time, the way things are always done in the real world, nothing worthwhile ever comes easily.
You should snap out of this toxic mindset and come join us on slack where we are building something real.

Eventually we will have so many users that the price will rise legitimately to a point that these current traders will become irrelevant, a long forgotten memory, other than the fact that they will be here, whinging that they sold out too soon, this is what happens to all short sighted people in the end.

To backup what MaNI said, something I wrote back in May 2014 and have repeated it a few times since. We not going anywhere.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg6925636#msg6925636

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:53:19 PM

Good update, waiting for iOS to test the innovative link process.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
01RIG

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 11:19:26 PM

Hello,

If you need a pool

You can mine here

https://gulden.01rig.com

Smiley Good mining
larryfromjapan

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 11:59:04 PM

Guidem is just another sh** coin. Like we need anymore of these.
TomPetty

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:56:00 AM

Guidem is just another sh** coin. Like we need anymore of these.

It's the 2nd best coin now imo. After Bitcoin, it must be embarrassing for the coins above and just below on marketcap that they are way behind Gulden technically.

donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:34:00 AM

Looking at the orders, whales are getting ready for another move.

Gulden is a good coin technically, with a feasible use case. I don't give good marks for the immature devs though.
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:04:51 AM

Gulden is a good coin technically, with a feasible use case. I don't give good marks for the immature devs though.

Where are the devs being immature?
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:08:14 AM

Where are the devs being immature?

By immaturity I am referring to attitude, not competence. I form this opinion based on my interaction with them.

If want something you can see, locking the ann thread is one example.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:25:01 AM

The devs lock the main ann because they're sick to death of the constant wave of trolls and bellends that fill this place. You have to have a thick skin to even read this forum. Imagine having a project you're passionate about, and have worked hard on, constantly trolled by scores of pasty faced social inadequates sat in their bedrooms with their cocks in their hands. Annoying to say the least.

If you want to have more constructive discourse with the dev team, come to slack where there are over 1800 members and constant conversation about Gulden rather than trying to get any info in this lunatic asylum. The devs are around constantly.
Actualiteit

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:11:56 AM

locking the ann thread is one example.

To be fair, It's an ANN thread. That indeed means it's a thread for announcements, not discussing, hyping or FUD'ing. I see no problem with them locking the thread when there are no announcements to be made for the moment being.

If you want to talk to the devs just join the Slack, they're there pretty much every day, interacting with the community.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:34:03 AM

locking the ann thread is one example.

To be fair, It's an ANN thread. That indeed means it's a thread for announcements, not discussing, hyping or FUD'ing. I see no problem with them locking the thread when there are no announcements to be made for the moment being.

If you want to talk to the devs just join the Slack, they're there pretty much every day, interacting with the community.

http://gulden.com/#join
RodgerRabbit

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:44:40 AM

It is extremely sad to see different coin-supporters fighting eachother,
and to have traders manipulating the market to make a quick buck,
at the same time wrecking the chances of worldwide mainstream growth in crypto.

The goal of crypto was to get out of the manipulative and corrupt financial system based on fiat currency.
Currently a small group within the crypto community is acting like the manipulative and corrupt financial system itself.

Gulden is a great coin backed by a great team.
And there are many other great coins like Gulden, moving forward with positive intentions.
Coins should be welcoming new features, innovations and progress presented by fellow coins.
It is totally stupid to damage the image of other coins and their marketvalue,
trying to protect an imaginary market position of another coin.
In the long run no single crypto coin will benefit from this.
It only damages the name of crypto as a whole.

A few weeks ago many citizens in The Netherlands read about Gulden in the media.
Many of them liked it and joined; new eager crypto users spending their fiat money and buying coins for the first time.
Shortly after that Gulden was a dump-target by traders and/or other coin-supporters.

Quickly the media jumped on it, emphasizing the risk and volatility of crypto.
The new Gulden users and those who were thinking about buying, have been effectivily scared and burned their hands.
But the main effect is these people and those reading the negative media coverage, will not invest in nor buy any crypto coin in future.
And this effect is solely caused by people from within the crypto world, attacking one of their own crypto coins.
You are only scaring new users away, while crypto should focus on growth in usernumbers.

Gulden will not be stopped by bringing its value down.
In only 6 months time the small Gulden community funded 508 BTC for development ( https://shares.gulden.com/ ),
so development will continue for a long time, regardless of market value manipulation.

If the disruptive forces within the crypto world would just stop the sabotage,
crypto could become a really great thing.

Gulden because of it's name could really spark off a revolution in the Netherlands but they will see Gulden as the same as Bitcoin which has a bad reputation by a lot of people in the NL because of all the scams around it. You can't easily explain it's not bitcoin itself that is the problem. In October and November there was a lot of focus on Gulden in the media which drove speculation and got a lot of new users into crypto. This is quite important to say but Gulden is the one coin bringing in a lot of new users outside of crypto  Unfortunately these new people have experienced a major drop in price and a lot of them are left disappointed and they don't understand what Gulden has achieved technically with 1.6.0 is any good because all they see is a bad investment.

This is ultimately bad for crypto as you have stated.

The truth is traders only care about fiat profit where the Gulden devs and community care about the future of crypto and this is where the battle is.
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:56:41 AM

Hello,

If you need a pool

You can mine here

https://gulden.01rig.com

Smiley Good mining

I have add you on my site http://www.guldenpagina.nl
TamiLee

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:20:47 AM

Who isn't thrilled that PRIME is next Gulden project?!?!?!

After the 1.6.0 update I can hardly hold back the excitement of what to expect for this project. What does everyone think it will involve?

https://developer.gulden.com/roadmap/
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:30:29 AM

After the 1.6.0 update I can hardly hold back the excitement of what to expect for this project. What does everyone think it will involve?

We are on 1.6.1 desktop wallets some bugfixs
Veritas Platform

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:52:47 PM

Just made a 400% earning few days ago so for me is a nice investment!
TamiLee

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:06:41 AM

We are on 1.6.1 desktop wallets some bugfixs

The Gulden devs work on a different level. Litecoin still working on only 0.13 codebase update and that was only a small part of the 1.6.0 release for Gulden.
Anna_nicole_smith

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 08:48:49 AM

Hello, few question from a newbie
Why on bittrex the wallet is in maintenance ?
Do you think gulden will get high or it's better to sell when we can ?
MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:26:10 AM

Why on bittrex the wallet is in maintenance ?
Bittrex are in the process of upgrading their wallet to the new 1.6 codebase.
As there are a lot of changes that 1.6 brings to the table (specifically in this case Accounts and HD) this requires some changes from their side in order to switch over correctly so is taking them a bit more time than normal, probably they will be done in the next day or so.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: