Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 12:13:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250131 times)
Luuk

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 05:54:28 AM

It was very unfortunate timing that 1.6.0 came when bitcoin started to rally, the timing couldn't of been worse with this release and a lot of people have not bothered to look and thinking only about the bitcoin price.

From my PoV I can't look at another wallet after using the new desktop wallets, the other QT wallets look so bland and the link between Android and Desktop is an amazing new feature. Extremely unlucky with timing is the only thing I can attribute the total media blackout on
this update.

PRIME 1 looks like it will have a much better release timing as bitcoin rally should be over and people will start looking at alternatives and finally take a serious look at what was done in this release.

bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:03:11 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2016, 12:55:39 PM by bram_vnl

Don't be a knucklehead - Bitcoin doesn't have a premine.

Still here crying like a little baby? You should leave before your mother finds out and takes your internet away.

I think satoshi have a lot of btc

@mani is it hard to compile the gulden code?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=886372.msg17249365#msg17249365
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:43:13 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2016, 04:27:31 PM by donnatello

It was very unfortunate timing that 1.6.0 came when bitcoin started to rally, the timing couldn't of been worse with this release and a lot of people have not bothered to look and thinking only about the bitcoin price.

From my PoV I can't look at another wallet after using the new desktop wallets, the other QT wallets look so bland and the link between Android and Desktop is an amazing new feature. Extremely unlucky with timing is the only thing I can attribute the total media blackout on
this update.

PRIME 1 looks like it will have a much better release timing as bitcoin rally should be over and people will start looking at alternatives and finally take a serious look at what was done in this release.

That is a fair way of looking at things.

Of course, the market does not need Prime to retrace.
RodgerRabbit

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:10:56 AM

this update.

I think the timing is perfect, Prime is meant to be the main project on the roadmap and as good as 1.6.0 is with all it's new innovative features I sense the confidence within the team when Prime is mentioned on slack and if you not taking the Gulden team serious after 1.6.0 then I suggest you download the new wallets and look for yourself.
konner

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:45:36 AM

this update.

I think the timing is perfect, Prime is meant to be the main project on the roadmap and as good as 1.6.0 is with all it's new innovative features I sense the confidence within the team when Prime is mentioned on slack and if you not taking the Gulden team serious after 1.6.0 then I suggest you download the new wallets and look for yourself.

The 1.6.0. update was very impressive indeed and I think the Gulden developers belong to one of the best in Crypto. Yet there is one problem I see here and that is the way things are promoted.

The latest update could have easy taken care of a massive spike in new users (I don't care for the price right now, that will come with those users) if only there would have been some campaign to promote it.

Prime will be another awesome technical development under the hood that will not be seen by the regular users, not even by the majority of crypto adepts. So also Prime will not bring in massive new users I fear.

People don't use the Dutch ING banking app because it is extremely technically advanced. Also not because they have the fastest transactions. They use it because they have a feeling of trust towards the bank which they mostly got because their PR department does a great job (and because they like the color orange I guess).

They also use it because it is very easy to use, way better than any crypto wallet (including Gulden). So I don't expect much growth coming from the Prime releases unless the Gulden community starts to adopt the thought of some good PR that needs to be done.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:18:02 PM

2. Is BIP68, BIP112, and BIP113 integrated? If so when is the activation date?
Yes, depends on miners, but in the next few days I believe.

The final 1.6.0 soft fork has now kicked in, all of the above is officially active.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:02:48 AM

The final 1.6.0 soft fork has now kicked in, all of the above is officially active.

You guys have thought of everything but I do think your too humble with your achievements. I don't believe in hyping but Gulden team is certainly under selling the 1.6.0 update and under selling is a under statement in this case.

konner

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:48:06 AM

You guys have thought of everything but I do think your too humble with your achievements. I don't believe in hyping but Gulden team is certainly under selling the 1.6.0 update and under selling is a under statement in this case.

That's exactly what I was trying to say above! Look at the 6y old kid at your serious request radio marathon. He raised over € 1mm with something simple as painting peoples nails. It's now the most trending in The Netherlands and all major celebs and politicians are joining in.

If a 6y old kid can achieve that in two days, why does it take the Gulden community that funded their developers with hundreds of thousands in Euro's so long to step up and draw some attention?

Over 500BTC has been raised by the dev team. Money that they got from the shares program (read their community). The first 50BTC was enough to pay for the entire roadmap currently at display. That leaves 450BTC (currently € 380.000,-) to be spend. Surely they can take some of that money and use it foor good promotion right? Or do they need all of that to pay the one true developer his salary for the next 5 years? By then Gulden will probably be technically superior to all other coins, only no one will know, because they keep forgetting to promote it!
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:11:16 AM

That's exactly what I was trying to say above! Look at the 6y old kid at your serious request radio marathon. He raised over € 1mm with something simple as painting peoples nails. It's now the most trending in The Netherlands and all major celebs and politicians are joining in.

If a 6y old kid can achieve that in two days, why does it take the Gulden community that funded their developers with hundreds of thousands in Euro's so long to step up and draw some attention?

Over 500BTC has been raised by the dev team. Money that they got from the shares program (read their community). The first 50BTC was enough to pay for the entire roadmap currently at display. That leaves 450BTC (currently € 380.000,-) to be spend. Surely they can take some of that money and use it foor good promotion right? Or do they need all of that to pay the one true developer his salary for the next 5 years? By then Gulden will probably be technically superior to all other coins, only no one will know, because they keep forgetting to promote it!
If one builds it, they will come.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 464
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 12:38:52 PM

All marketing would achieve at this point is an artificial pump in the price, followed by a dump that would alienate new investors/users. Something the team have absolutely no interest in doing.

The Gulden team are quite clear on this. If users want to undertake their own marketing activities that is encouraged but all funds received for development will be used to produce the most seamless user experience and build an infrastructure for the use of the coin.

It is pointless having new users if they don't know how to use the technology, have nowhere to use the technology and quickly become disillusioned with the whole experience.

Gulden is targeting people new to crypto and the team realise there has to be a new approach for this. They are currently inventing this approach while many other coins sit on their hands wondering whether to implement anon features or some other useless, soon to be antiquated feature.

Gulden is the most innovative coin in crypto and is already way ahead of any other alt out there. Every day it gets further ahead because the team behind it are ignoring the crypto consensus and forging a new path.
konner

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:06:19 PM

I get the path the team has chosen and for the most of it I agree with it. At a certain point you have to start investing in awareness though.

You say new users won't be interested if they can't spend it anywhere. On the other hand, merchants are not interested if we don't have enough users (Dev says this himself). The only way to break through this vicious circle is to incentivize the markets a bit.

You invest in awareness to attract new users on one side and approach merchants with a good support package and clear benefits on the other. If a merchant sees there is a well thought marketing plan behind this initiative it will give him more trust to take the leap then if he only sees an awesome app without any support or promotion.

You can spend the next ten years trying to make things perfect, but at a certain point you will just get passed by lesser products that have done their share of good marketing. I'm not saying it is totally going to fail without marketing, just that together with good marketing it will surpass all others without a doubt!
MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:35:14 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 01:45:36 PM by MaNI

I get the path the team has chosen and for the most of it I agree with it. At a certain point you have to start investing in awareness though.

You say new users won't be interested if they can't spend it anywhere. On the other hand, merchants are not interested if we don't have enough users (Dev says this himself). The only way to break through this vicious circle is to incentivize the markets a bit.

You invest in awareness to attract new users on one side and approach merchants with a good support package and clear benefits on the other. If a merchant sees there is a well thought marketing plan behind this initiative it will give him more trust to take the leap then if he only sees an awesome app without any support or promotion.

You can spend the next ten years trying to make things perfect, but at a certain point you will just get passed by lesser products that have done their share of good marketing. I'm not saying it is totally going to fail without marketing, just that together with good marketing it will surpass all others without a doubt!

It's all about timing. Nobody is planning on spending the next 10 years 'making things perfect' but at the same time that doesn't mean an over emphasis on marketing without the fundamentals is the way to go either.
When the last bit of 'hype/bubble' came a few months ago we were not yet ready (despite having what some already think is the most usable mobile wallets in crypto), and it showed, we were flooded with support queries to a point where we almost couldn't cope, and make no mistake that little 'hype' was just a tiny taste of what might come if we were to really start pushing 'marketing'.

With 1.6 out we are now in a far better position - but make no mistake we are still not ready, if another 'hype/bubble' were to come right now a lot of the growth would be wasted as a result, for many people you only get 1 shot to make the right impression on them.

So forgive us if we want to take a bit longer to do things right, but we want to build something that will last here, not just fuel the next pump and dump. We are well on our way to where we need to be and it definitely isn't going to be 10 years - 2017 is going to be truly exciting - but we are not at that point yet, thats the honest truth.

Despite what some people here seem to be trying to claim - we are not morons living in some bubble oblivious to the realities of the world.
Rijk knows what he is doing he is a good leader, he knows how to listen to other people when it is important and also how to ignore other people when it is important, and both of these are very important leadership traits. Waterloodown has a lot of experience, in my own capacity I have a lot of experience I work not just a programmer but have co-owned my own company for 10 years now...  As a team we have a huge wealth of real world experience to draw from.
And then there is the community a lot of whom also have lots of experience and who we listen too when appropriate.

So I do hope that when most people take a look at what we have done so far, they will be able to think "Hey these guys haven't done badly so far, maybe they have a plan", because anything else is honestly quite insulting. if you hate our work so far then fine go ahead and insult us, but if you like our work a little bit of faith/respect would be nice Smiley
konner

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:27:37 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond MaNi! If I hated your work, I would not even have taken the time to vent my opinion here. I love your work! As I described above: "The 1.6.0. update was very impressive indeed and I think the Gulden developers belong to one of the best in Crypto."!

Thats why I tried to figure out why all this good stuff is not being noticed. I came to the conclusion you just oversaw the potential of marketing. If you say 2017 is going to bring more good stuff then I put my faith in that.

Thanks again for the good job done so far and you do have my respect!  Smiley
gamersea

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 06:31:43 PM

Dear Gulden Owners,

This is our last and final call. We ask you kindly to donate some Gulden for a good cause: Serious Request. You can donate untill 14:00 tomorrow, after which Alexander (community member) will handout a Gulden cheque to the DJ's of 3FM.  You can donate through the following link: https://seriousgulden.nl
********Let the Christmas feeling grow and donate*****
Let's make sure with one another that we atleast reach the magical number of 150.000 Gulden. This way Alexander can deliver a big fat cheque to the Glass house, and - hopefully - get us some primetime with Gulden, the sword cuts both ways! 

So donate and share this message please! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 12:04:37 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2016, 12:19:33 AM by donnatello

All marketing would achieve at this point is an artificial pump in the price, followed by a dump that would alienate new investors/users. Something the team have absolutely no interest in doing.

The Gulden team are quite clear on this. If users want to undertake their own marketing activities that is encouraged but all funds received for development will be used to produce the most seamless user experience and build an infrastructure for the use of the coin.

This is an elementary school either/or analysis.
TwoRightsMakeARight (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:50:50 AM

I started purchasing more coins, have a feeling this one is going  places. Only wish I had purchased more when I first started looking at this coin.  Angry
gamersea

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 02:07:41 PM

We where on TV once again: http://seriousrequest.3fm.nl/liveblog/detail/4940
Starting at 2:51
andaristastore

Activity: 388
Merit: 100

https://t.me/jojotequila

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:03:36 PM

I don't think either of us have a crystal ball to see the future; Everything is relative and obviously people have the right to their opinion but if you are negative about something at least follow up with facts rather then sentiments so that the OP can actually make a clear assessment rather then this "everything other then BTC sucks" mentality which I see too often.

my whatsapp +6285246232232
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 09:10:06 AM

Dear Gulden Owners,

This is our last and final call. We ask you kindly to donate some Gulden for a good cause: Serious Request. You can donate untill 14:00 tomorrow, after which Alexander (community member) will handout a Gulden cheque to the DJ's of 3FM.  You can donate through the following link: https://seriousgulden.nl
********Let the Christmas feeling grow and donate*****
Let's make sure with one another that we atleast reach the magical number of 150.000 Gulden. This way Alexander can deliver a big fat cheque to the Glass house, and - hopefully - get us some primetime with Gulden, the sword cuts both ways!  

So donate and share this message please! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

http://seriousrequest.3fm.nl/liveblog/detail/4940

TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:03:02 AM

Prime Prime Prime Prime!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: