Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:39:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
SuperOrca

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:06:01 PM

You capslock dicks should understand the number 1 rule of currency. acceptance
doesn't matter if it does not work as well, or copies. As long as people accept it over others, that's the only thing that counts not logic

It's a double edge sword, more people spending = more pressure on the price, lower price = less attention.
When this coin got pumped last year there was lots of media attention, correct? No one cares about losers that can't make the top 100 on coinmarketcap. I know this coin can this is why I hang around and buy the cheap ones when the poor people in the community are selling to pay for food and rent.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:22:34 PM

doesn't matter if it does not work as well, or copies. As long as people accept it over others, that's the only thing that counts not logic

It's a double edge sword, more people spending = more pressure on the price, lower price = less attention.
When this coin got pumped last year there was lots of media attention, correct? No one cares about losers that can't make the top 100 on coinmarketcap. I know this coin can this is why I hang around and buy the cheap ones when the poor people in the community are selling to pay for food and rent.

Before people can spend... they have to buy, right?
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:58:28 AM

I have to be on this side too. Number 1 is acceptance. Number 2 is how good it works. And Number 2 can eventually affect Number 1 if people have to choose between good coin or better coin. But acceptance is so powerful that even if there is a competitor that is better, it has to be so much better to change acceptance of the old.

Copy or original is not important at all. I happily use a copy of anything if it works well or works even better. I will do the same for any alt.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:12:26 AM

I have to be on this side too. Number 1 is acceptance. Number 2 is how good it works. And Number 2 can eventually affect Number 1 if people have to choose between good coin or better coin. But acceptance is so powerful that even if there is a competitor that is better, it has to be so much better to change acceptance of the old.

Copy or original is not important at all. I happily use a copy of anything if it works well or works even better. I will do the same for any alt.

They need to get their release out before ETH does metropolis or it's a pointless excersise.Dutch people will want to earn the interest from PoW2 but if ETH offers this first then Gulden will be done for.

SegSig I know is the reason there is major delays for the release, if the bitcoin devs could save 58% on each transaction they would of.

You want PoW2 then get the devs to drop SegSig and use SegWit and you will have PoW2 this year.
Dannaey

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:16:12 AM

Gulden is good to invest. It features just any other cryptos will low tx fees. And I know some of online merchants and stores adopted Gulden as payment. If you know Subway, it said that it adopted to use Gulden coins.

RodgerRabbit

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:27:52 AM

They need to get their release out before ETH does metropolis or it's a pointless excersise.Dutch people will want to earn the interest from PoW2 but if ETH offers this first then Gulden will be done for.

SegSig I know is the reason there is major delays for the release, if the bitcoin devs could save 58% on each transaction they would of.

You want PoW2 then get the devs to drop SegSig and use SegWit and you will have PoW2 this year.

Worried a $33 million marketcap coin is better then a $90 billion and $30 billion marketcap coins?

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:42:02 AM

Craig Customer and Mark Merchant don't care about the tech below the hood. All they care is that stuff just runs fine and that they don't loose money during the transaction. Compare it with cars, does the average driver care about which type of engine the car runs? Nope, they just care that it doesn't break down.
Danuberiver

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Craig Customer and Mark Merchant don't care about the tech below the hood. All they care is that stuff just runs fine and that they don't loose money during the transaction. Compare it with cars, does the average driver care about which type of engine the car runs? Nope, they just care that it doesn't break down.

This is why innovation is not needed. EFL has 1900 satoshi without much development under the hood. Gulden with all it's development is only 1700 satoshi. When Satoshi Nakamoto created bitcoin he created it the best way he thought a currency must run and this is with less new supply every 4 years. EFL adopted the halving strategy but at a much faster rate. Gulden should of stayed with halving and they would not need any fancy development to get value increase.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:02:39 AM

You should consider a job with Volkswagen. 😜. They also thought innovation is for retards, as long as you have a good marketing plan. We all know how that ended.

In reallity it will be the sum of all parts which will help Gulden to mass adoption. Not just good development and an honest team, but also people seeing the advantages Gulden has. As a community we can help there, inform people, show people how things work.

Great journey ahead, have fun.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:05:45 AM

As far as I know, the Gulden crypto currency with respect to the crypto currency bitcoin behaves very much even on its own and has broken all its ties with it.
This is already an indicator that it is independent, and can set its demands in the world of economics. As I watched this currency, I made the following conclusions for myself. For example, when you earn a bitcoin then it is not so easy to get it out, you need to make a lot of knowledge in order to withdraw it, but the currency that you represent, seeks the initial conclusion, so as not to lean for help to the exchanges. And this fact appeals to me and I'm glad that there will be less commissions, thus no one will earn on me, except myself. Therefore, I recommend the Gulden currency.
Marstrand

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:37:09 AM

You should consider a job with Volkswagen. 😜. They also thought innovation is for retards, as long as you have a good marketing plan. We all know how that ended.

What's wrong about VW? About the diesel scandal? Did someone really care about that? (whether it is 0.01 or 0.02 grams) I honestly don't. Was just a corrupt game behind all this, probably cause some fat lobbyists didn't get paid. I still think it's the best price/quality car out there

FUD squad
DashNLG

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:38:42 PM

Next 2 days will be a good buy, traders will be on the sidelines with btc expecting 1 more rally before the Bitcoin Gold HF. Gulden price will remain around these levels until the trend is established.
altcoinsrule

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:16:34 PM

Next 2 days will be a good buy, traders will be on the sidelines with btc expecting 1 more rally before the Bitcoin Gold HF. Gulden price will remain around these levels until the trend is established.

that for all the alt coins. i was hoping that with the euro exchange the gulden would be more stable.
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:28:43 PM

that for all the alt coins. i was hoping that with the euro exchange the gulden would be more stable.

My opinion is that development gap has been far too large to keep a steady price, if they split PoW2 and SegSig into 2 releases it would of been better for the price but the devs said long term it was not a good way.

We have to wait until next year because of SegSig which sucks but use the chance to get cheap coins
shawn995

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:16:12 AM

Well it depends on what succeeding means.. if Gulden gets accepted by more and more merchants every day i can only think of that we are on the road to somewhere.. Prices will follow when the time is right
Golden or money or coins all are the best for investment but it depend specially on the present rate of interest of people that in which thing people are taking more interest while also people think about which thing will give more profit either gold or coin or anything more. Then according to that they will take interest.
Gambit1306

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:47:09 AM

Gulden will always play second fiddle to something. I can't see it replacing BTC, not even in the Netherlands, and when European regulation will be made I don't believe it will favor Gulden.
TimBurton

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:51:57 AM

Gulden will always play second fiddle to something. I can't see it replacing BTC, not even in the Netherlands, and when European regulation will be made I don't believe it will favor Gulden.

I would agree but PoW2 changes this, it gives Gulden secure 1 conf transactions and people can earn interest on their coins by being a witness. The telegram group is getting frustrated with the delay in PoW2 not because of how long it's taking but because they know what a huge moment it will be for Gulden.

The other concern is that some other coin comes up with the same idea as Gulden as the whitepaper has been out for awhile and Gulden will move to second fiddle.

The choice is simple, release PoW2 with some bugs but be first or release a bug free version but not be first. The SegSig decision could be bad if it's the reason the release is being delayed. SegSig is good for long term because it will keep the blockchain 58% smaller and allow ordinary people to participate longer as a node then compared to bitcoin and eth whos blockchains are already exceptionally large and out of reach from users with limited storage space.  
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Gulden has another problem, it is falling fast in www.coinmarketcap.com ranks and by the time PoW2 is released will people still care?

Rank
112   Gulden
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:24:34 AM

I would agree but PoW2 changes this, it gives Gulden secure 1 conf transactions and people can earn interest on their coins by being a witness. The telegram group is getting frustrated with the delay in PoW2 not because of how long it's taking but because they know what a huge moment it will be for Gulden.

The other concern is that some other coin comes up with the same idea as Gulden as the whitepaper has been out for awhile and Gulden will move to second fiddle.

The choice is simple, release PoW2 with some bugs but be first or release a bug free version but not be first. The SegSig decision could be bad if it's the reason the release is being delayed. SegSig is good for long term because it will keep the blockchain 58% smaller and allow ordinary people to participate longer as a node then compared to bitcoin and eth whos blockchains are already exceptionally large and out of reach from users with limited storage space.  

It is a good coin, it is originated in Holland also known as the Netherlands, gulden is now accepted over more places and many are yet to come, Dutch people love gulden because before the whole euro money gulden was the most trustfull and reliable fiat here in the Netherlands, back in the days you could buy a full cart of groceries with gulden, the euro however made it worse, it is more expensive and you can buy less stuff with it, I hope gulden is accepted in the whole country and brings a lot of memories back when all people loved gulden.

numroe

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:55:54 PM

Interesting point. A crypto coin has to work, today. That's all that matters.

Most coins are far too slow to scale up for real world transaction rates, and Lightning is misunderstood hype.  But no one cares about that right now. Coins like BTC chug along ok and store value nicely, today.

Gulden 2.0 is supposed to be far more secure than Bitcoin. That makes me wonder about Bitcoin's known security flaws.  If/when one of these flaws is exploited, does that mean the price of BTC (and most altcoins) goes to nearly zero in a couple of days?   I guess the value crashes severely, and if Gulden 2.0 is deployed at that time, then NLG price changes would be very interesting to watch.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: