Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:07:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186362 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:45:31 PM

I think it is very likely, this is because many of the problems, for example the bitcoin transactions alone is confirmation of the transaction that requires a lot of confirmation see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1921507.0. Modern transaction should be safer, faster and cheaper.
Well maybe the recent news about ransomware is the one that brought this kind of demand in the first place, it is a chain reaction really big companies being hack and being requested for Bitcoin will automatically drive the Bitcoin price up also to follow the demand of other players will make its price movement upwards resulting to what we have now which is 1831$ a piece. Miners are doing their best to confirm all transactions it is just that the number of the transactions are overwhelming for them to start with.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:01:57 PM

Bitcoins cant be replaced by other cryptocurrencies because everyone is using the bitcoin rigtht now so i dont think other people would love to use an other one right now as you know.

Yes you are right because bitcoin are very popular currency and all those people are use this currency. There fore and majority people are invest in these currency and this reason bitcoin are very strong.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:13:32 PM

Be realistic, the answer for that is yes. There is nothing that will stay forever even bitcoin will die and be replaced by another good coin. I don't think that after 50 years, bitcoin will still be the king because it will die because of high mining difficulty and lack of attention in the market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:20:34 PM

In a long term, let's say 15-20 years, its 100% sure Bitcoin will be replaced. Don't forget quantum computer will change everything.

Satoshi made bitcoin to show that a system can work without bank, not to make the king of the cryptocurrency, so in a less short term, 5-7 years, why not ?? Or maybe a few one will share the market, it's not a big deal.

totally agree with john here. like i said somewhere bitcoin rise up all because of merchants using it and we kept using it. it does nothing besides that but the rest of the tokens do make greater functions for the public use. one token i'd like seeing rise is ethereum, xrp or probably even xem.
this 3 mentioned alts are already showing their moves now and possible in the near future those coins which really intend to be more functional
and useful for their sole purpose will have a better value so keep watching and see what will be the outcome.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:36:32 PM

Be realistic, the answer for that is yes. There is nothing that will stay forever even bitcoin will die and be replaced by another good coin. I don't think that after 50 years, bitcoin will still be the king because it will die because of high mining difficulty and lack of attention in the market.
Thats right theres now forever even bitcoin have end they will become dead in the future but as of now the bitcoin will still a live and everyday bitcoin will become stronger and bitcoin will become more powerful because the pricr is $1800 . Bitcoin will die I think in few decades because those people and even me not want  bitcoin die so we can try different ways to maintain the power of bitcoin and to be still number 1 in cryptocurrency. If bitcoin die there are many altcoin for sure want to become number like bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:46:35 PM

In a long term, let's say 15-20 years, its 100% sure Bitcoin will be replaced. Don't forget quantum computer will change everything.

Satoshi made bitcoin to show that a system can work without bank, not to make the king of the cryptocurrency, so in a less short term, 5-7 years, why not ?? Or maybe a few one will share the market, it's not a big deal.

totally agree with john here. like i said somewhere bitcoin rise up all because of merchants using it and we kept using it. it does nothing besides that but the rest of the tokens do make greater functions for the public use. one token i'd like seeing rise is ethereum, xrp or probably even xem.
Everyone know that. And if Bitcoin can not change itself, I believe that in the next 5 years Bitcoin will be replaced by another crypto. As you can see, I can not maintain a huge number of users and everyone have to wait for at least 1 day in order for their transactions to be confirmed
lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:49:17 PM

Check this:

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Ripple is getting so close. The Bitcoin market cap is stable at $29 billion, while Ripple is more than half of that amount at $14.5 billion. And most importantly, the share of BTC in the total crypto market cap has gone below 50%.
That's a big marketcap but I am convince with that, it rises due to the price bubble that has happen lately, in ordinary days it was the Ethereum who's at number 2 of bitcoin. Well, as I check the price now, it has gone down to 20,000 satoshis which I believe it will continue to drop down as investors started to pull out in the game. If that is the only basis, I think it's very weak IMO, the price has rise significantly in just a week while EThereum are doing it slowly until it reach a bigger marketcap.
that is the truth that Ripple can not get as high as it is at the moment. It is just a bubble and soon the price will drop terribly like Bitcoin in 2014 and everyone will regret for buying this coin. I do not understand why they keep investing their money in this coin
TheGodFather

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:58:27 PM

Bitcoins cant be replaced by other cryptocurrencies because everyone is using the bitcoin rigtht now so i dont think other people would love to use an other one right now as you know.

yes it is true no any other coin can replaced bitcoin because it is the greatest among all other coins, it has also the greatest value among all, bitcoin will always be the best , it is the king of all coins. many people trusting bitcoin so much, then i think this will be the reason why bitcoin is always be the first its because of the people who are using it and contributes with it.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:00:55 PM

Yes you are right because bitcoin are very popular currency and all those people are use this currency. There fore and majority people are invest in these currency and this reason bitcoin are very strong.
you are right that bitcoin is very much popular currency and a lot of people adopting bitcoin for the future and and maximum people investing their money in bitcoin so bitcoin is very stronger currency and other crypto currency never replace the bitcoin.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:15:03 PM

of-course bitcoin cannot be replaced by any other cryptocurrencies because bitcoin is such currency which a large number of people are using it and bitcoin is gaining the great popularity in the world and also the price of bitcoin is going to much high and the market cap of bitcoin is also very high, therefore the bitcoin is going stronger due to investors , so i do not think that bitcoin will be replace by another cryptocurrency.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:16:33 PM

you are right that bitcoin is very much popular currency and a lot of people adopting bitcoin for the future and and maximum people investing their money in bitcoin so bitcoin is very stronger currency and other crypto currency never replace the bitcoin.

Not only the reasons what you are giving one main reason is that Bitcoin is not controlled by any developer or one person but it is runed by users but in other cryptocurrency they are created by the developers and they are controlling it , that is the main reason of the success of the bitcoin.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 04:26:38 PM

Check this:

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Ripple is getting so close. The Bitcoin market cap is stable at $29 billion, while Ripple is more than half of that amount at $14.5 billion. And most importantly, the share of BTC in the total crypto market cap has gone below 50%.

That pretty clearly proves how shitty is market cap as a metric for evaluating a coin's performance

All these numbers (including that of Bitcoin's market cap) are utterly misleading if not outright deceiving. I can't help being fascinated why so many people are taking these numbers seriously for so long. So Ripple is said to have a market cap of 14.5 billion dollars which allegedly puts its in the second place after Bitcoin, right? And how many coins had been taken (out of their total number) to calculate this so-called market cap? 1% or even less? In this manner, I can sell to myself 1 satoshi for 1 dollar, and then start claiming that Bitcoin market cap is equal to 21 million coins × 100M dollars per coin. Just in case, that would be 2,100 trillion dollars, i.e. over 2 quadrillion dollars of Bitcoin market cap

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:50:36 PM

i think bitcoin is the one unique crypto currency which getting popularity too much faster and bitcoin is increasing their users also too much faster and all bitcoin users know that bitcoin future will be too much bright and rise because they investing their money in high amount in bitcoin.
hubinator

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:35:44 PM

Bitcoin will stay, it will be adopted for finance. There will be also other altcoins that will  meet different requirements (probably not fully legal, where privacy matters).
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:02:01 PM

i think bitcoin is the one unique crypto currency which getting popularity too much faster and bitcoin is increasing their users also too much faster and all bitcoin users know that bitcoin future will be too much bright and rise because they investing their money in high amount in bitcoin.
although there are so many other fiat currency, which have good volume and having good potential to increase their price, but still bitcoin is the number one currency of the world and will remain as number one currency of the world. because bitcoin is becoming more popular and investing their money in bitcoin,
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:32:06 PM

yes you are right that bitcoin can't be replace by another cryptocurrencies because bitcoin was the first digital currency, a lot of people have adopted it and the popularity of bitcoin took too much time as other cryptocurrencies were introduced after it and the popularity of bitcoin is greater as compared to some other cryptocurrencies, and people are working keenly in bitcoin because of its services, so i think also due to strong price the bitcoin will not be replace in future.

Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:36:00 PM

Bitcoin still being a powerfull currencie and has several money invested on it, soo it might loose its current place but it will be hard since investors/miners are focus into it. Altcoins are used to pump and dump, but every moment bitcoin up almost all altcoins goes down, bitcoin has the huge delay into the transactions, until they handle those at once others coins can grow against it.
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:18:30 PM

Bitcoin will stay, it will be adopted for finance. There will be also other altcoins that will  meet different requirements (probably not fully legal, where privacy matters).
Other altcoins will be there but that do not mean that they will have the requirements which bitcoin will not be able to adopt with the passage of time bitcoin will develop more and the features of it will increase to provide more convenience to the users of bitcoin and people will prefer only bitcoin and none of the con will have the power to replace bitcoin.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:34:42 PM

Bitcoin is most successful cryptocurrency ever in world. A bit difficult if bitcoin can be replaced by another crypto. Bitcoin stays in front of all cryptocoin. In future, there will be only a few surviving cryptocoin.
Yes, Bitcoin is indeed the most successful cryptocurrency ever developed. I mean for the past years, many cryptocurrencies started to make their own way in the world of crypto but they end up failing and suddenly disappear. Bitcoin is the only crypto that lasted for many years that became successful and getting more and more attention from people. So I doubt that there will be another cryptocurrency that can go toe to toe with bitcoin.

Indeed, I don't think another cryptocurrencies could replace bitcoin. As of now there are many coins are pop up inorder to beat bitcoin but no one could reach it. Bitcoin is most of the successful  cryptocurrencies that ever made.
you are right that other crypto currency could never replace bitcoin because there is a lot of services are available on bitcoin and bitcoin is very much powerful and popular currency of the world and we know that bitcoin getting much power day by day.
Yeah I agree the bitcoin is got a separate recognition in the line of the crypto currency. Saying it will not be wrong that the Bitcoin is a benchmark for the alternates and many of the alts are trying to copy the strategies of the Bitcoin. In fact being a pioneer all the others in the line are just copying the Bitcoin
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:35:24 PM

Everything is replaced eventually.
Yes I agree that everything has a replacement. If we look into the past in the history we will find many things replaced by others. Like we can say that the direct use of gold for the purchase and sales of goods and services was replaced by different coins and paper notes and even the coins and the paper notes use is now becoming less due to the plastic money or the digital money.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: