Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:55:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186361 times)
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:17:00 PM

maybe yes, maybe not. depending on what happens in the future. no one can predict for sure.

the question is. what can cause obsolete bitcoin? of course there should be a coin that exceeds that of bitcoin instead.
and to this day bitcoin still perched at number one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:34:33 PM

there is no two Gold in life .. we have silver but no gold .
and bitcoin is only one in cryptocurrecny so i didn't think any crypto will replaced .
and if Dash or ETH hit 4600 .. i think bitcoin will go to more than 15000 .
feiss

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:21:41 PM

It will really be hard to say whether it will be replaced or not, time will tell but a lot of Alts have tried and failed maybe "the next big thing" can do the magic we are waiting. But in the real sense, Bitcoin has really come to stay and has maintain its position right up there and even other cryptos real value are determine in relation to the price of Bitcoin just like the USD in the FIAT world but who knows? The future is uncertain.

Bitcoin price and altcoin price are always related to each other, if the bitcoin demand high, the altcoin price will drop but in reverse, bitcoin price will drop simultaneously.

As of now, I'm not even thinking that bitcoin will be replaced by another crypto currency. Because if we will just look upon the achievements of bitcoin then no one can really able to reach it and look upon those hundreds of alts. I will frankly say that no one can ever replace bitcoin for these days or for next 10 years, but after that I can't tell.

Me too, I'm not thinking about the replacement of bitcoin. The important now is how to earn bitcoins in on your hard-work.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:44:29 PM

i think its possible because some coins has also a potential  like etherium which value is also increasing and soon to overcome bitcoin or will replace his throne. some other coins also is better because of thier low transaction fees which is good to use if your saving up some bucks. but today more still more people loves bitcoin rather than any other coins because bitcoin has the highest value and continue to increase also it has alot of exposure and more popular.
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:54:38 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

It is tough but not impossible. Bitcoin will be available till 2023 and it is very much possible for some other crypto currency to take over its place. Even though it will not be very easy, but not impossible also. However, I don't see that happening in 5-6 years. The kind of positivity and public trust is bestowed up on bitcoin, it will remain as the most valuable crypto currency till the time it is available.

Later on, some technically superior crypto currency can certainly get more investments than bitcoin and can replace it from the number one position. Anything can happen in future, that only time will tell. 

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:00:09 PM

It is tough but not impossible. Bitcoin will be available till 2023 and it is very much possible for some other crypto currency to take over its place. Even though it will not be very easy, but not impossible also. However, I don't see that happening in 5-6 years. The kind of positivity and public trust is bestowed up on bitcoin, it will remain as the most valuable crypto currency till the time it is available.

Later on, some technically superior crypto currency can certainly get more investments than bitcoin and can replace it from the number one position. Anything can happen in future, that only time will tell. 

Agree. It is not that difficult for another cryptocurrency to take over Bitcoin's place. However, it may take a couple of years from now for that to become a reality since Bitcoin has an established branding and user acceptance.

If another cryptocurrency comes in with better technology, and with the ability to scale at a fast pace than Bitcoin, then it might probably take its place given that it will gain greater adoption and acceptance among the mainstream world.

But, in the meantime, we could enjoy all the benefits that the pioneer cryptocurrency provides, until the time comes to departure from it. The future brings many exciting things ahead and it will tell whenever Bitcoin will remain within its rightful place on the markets or not. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:16:16 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Thats impossible because bitcoin is more uses than the other cryptocurency but if the cryptocurrency have new feature, new project or profitable than bitcoin i think that the reason to replaced by another crytocurrency. But i think theres no crypto currency can greater than bitcoin cause bitcoin is profitable than other cryptocurrency.
I agree with you . bitcoin is impossible to replaced by another cryptocurrency becuase bitcoin is bitcoin is strong and good and continiously to increase the value. And i think after 50 years new and muchbetter cryptocurrency than bitcoin will appear. Only time can replaced by bitcoin.

Please don't say this ever again. I really feel myself crying when someone compares bitcoins with altcoins. The alternative coins are no match for bitcoins.

They don't even stand near it. How any of the altcoins can can take it place. Just check the difference between the values. One last thing, nothing is gonna happen to bitcoins.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:32:23 AM

Nothing is impossible. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and thus has its advantage. However, more advanced cryptocurrency may keep popping up. Hope Bitcoin can evolve,  improve and keep the leader role.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
alex 777

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:49:19 AM

for short range answer will be big no but for long one yes must came coin better than bitcoin
zergenyt09

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:23:24 PM

There is no way bitcoin is going to be replaced by another crypto currency because bitcoin is the game leader and it led the way for other coins to start coming up, anything that is going to make bitcoin go down is also taking other coins with it.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:02:55 AM

Not in the near future by any chance (take it with a pinch of salt though). If it's that hard for the world to just accept one currency coin (and we are not even halfway there yet to be honest), how would you expect that one currency be replace by some other crytocurrency? Even if Apple or Microsoft bought over some other crypto entirely / create their own, it would be still an uphill task to overtake BTC in terms of awareness.
We do not know what it may happen in the future but at the moment there is not a single coin that is even close to replace bitcoin, just a few months ago people were talking about the flipping which was supposed to be the moment when ETH surpassed BTC and that did not happen and it seems it is never going to happen, besides with segwit finally activated bitcoin is finally ready to get world wide adoption.

Bitcoin is certainly the king of this sector. No matter if another coins is better than bitcoin in terms of functionality, bitcoin will maintain its leadership position in the market. It has a symbolic meaning for all of us.
The best thing is that bitcoin is still the best, there are some coins that have some uses, but most of the coins are nothing more than bitcoin with some modifications, and now with the new improvements on the network bitcoin may finally be able to get the adoption we are waiting, and if it does, then prepare yourself since the price of bitcoin is probably going to skyrocket in the next years.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:18:32 AM

Maybe it will happen. if Bitcoin loses the trust of its users or the government prohibits the use of Bitcoin to transact or also the emergence of newer, more sophisticated crypto coins from Bitcoin.
But for now I think Bitcoin is irreplaceable.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Jerfer

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:35:28 AM

I see no obvious contender to bitcoin yet, besides ethereum. But I will still keep my main stash in bitcoin until I see an obvious change happening.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
sishahid

Activity: 212

I am a Professional Graphic Designer

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:37:06 AM

I do not understand, why some people always think negative. Bitcoin is the mother of crypto currency. In future exchange rate may differ but it is impossible to replace by another one. It does not have the possibility of extinction.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:55:02 AM

i think no but we can think after a few years some altcoin will be so high like bitcoin so i think some altcoins will be going similar to bitcoin like eth now the price of eth now is a going similar little by little to bitcoin so i think the next popular is eth,this is my prediction only i dont know the future

Marcus yoyo

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:55:24 AM

in my opinion for now bitcoin can not be replaced by any coin.
because bitcoin is famous so to be replaced takes a long time
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:54:18 PM

Anything can happen in cryptocurrency world  . any crypto can be replaced btcoin at any time. But it will be tough enough.
yes anything can happen but i think it is still not so easy. because currently bitcoin is the main crypto currency and still people like and give more preference to it as compare to any other altcoin. therefore i do not think that any other altcoin will have the power to overcome bitcoin so easily, i do do not think that it will happen in near future.
If something goes wrong with bitcoin and if the problem is cannot be solved by any solution then there is a lot of altcoins to choose from because they are all potential competitor of bitcoin and the only reason why they are not famous is because they don't have too much attention and volume but when bitcoin goes wrong then it is the best time for them.
I do not think that is the case, there is going to be a lot of turmoil if something happens to bitcoin, all cryptos besides bitcoin are priced in bitcoin, and you need bitcoin to buy it, if bitcoin disappeared then all of the sudden people holding those coins will be unable to sell them and the price is going to plummet, I think eventually a new coin will take the top spot but fortunes will be lost in the process.
Wexnident

Activity: 2506
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:59:27 PM

It's hard to say that there's no possibility of this thing to happen since all cryptocurrency including Bitcoin are dependent on its market demand in terms of each of its market value. So if there'll be another crypto that will be more indemand than Bitcoin, for sure it will have a higher market value and will replace Bitcoin as the no.1 cryptocurrency l. But I highly doubt that it will totally obsolete Bitcoin because there are lots of loyal users of Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:19:21 PM

Maybe it will happen. if Bitcoin loses the trust of its users or the government prohibits the use of Bitcoin to transact or also the emergence of newer, more sophisticated crypto coins from Bitcoin.
But for now I think Bitcoin is irreplaceable.
You're right.And besides bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies so no wonder,all cryptocurrencies are just evolving around bitcoin.But if there are chances that new advanced cryptocurrency will appear,maybe it can replace bitcoin in its position.But as of today,bitcoin still rules all other cryptocurrencies.
fitriyanti

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:22:50 PM

I think its so hard to do..because bitcoin is one of strong and famous and have a great algoritm..
if other crypto want to shifting bitcoin..its mush be hard work to do
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: