Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you know when to stop?  (Read 37923 times)
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:47:16 PM

When you see that you are losing to much then you know that it is time to take a break, wait until the next month for you to get your money then try again.
Do not go and keep spending because that is going to mess you up.
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:24:44 PM

If I start to lose more than I can afford I immediately stop because I can't turn around when I lose major part of my money. When you lose big money in a row you know the part that left looks useless so you put all your money again for a desperate odd. That happens to all gamblers at least once in a lifetime. After that, big regret but that won't help.
raaajlucky

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:19:28 AM

You should always set your goals before you even started gambling, and then stick to your goals no matter what. Lot of people sometimes pass their goals and they say "Well I feel lucky, maybe I should play some more" and then lose everything. So yeah, make your goals before gambling not during gambling and stick to them.
Gambling is like that only first it will give winning taste later it will grab everything forms us. So don't be greedy in gambling. Fix one target and play if you reach that target quite your game. If we follow this method means we will get to know when to stop. Otherwise in the end automatically it will stop when means when our pocket becomes empty.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:18:18 AM

You should always set your goals before you even started gambling, and then stick to your goals no matter what. Lot of people sometimes pass their goals and they say "Well I feel lucky, maybe I should play some more" and then lose everything. So yeah, make your goals before gambling not during gambling and stick to them.
It will not work I guess, hard to think with your head when you are in-play.
When the game started everything change! You will think with your emotion not your brain!
So what you suggest to stick to the rules and set a goal are totally bullshit Sad
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:29:23 AM

When do you stop? Do you have a daily limit or something?

As for me i keep telling myself to stop when i am winning or losing. But i cannot do it because i can't control myself. If i am winning i kept playing to get more. And when i am losing i kept playing til i recover. But everytime i just lose everything i have. Maybe someday i will be able to control myself and stop when i am in positive profit.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:57:42 AM

When do you stop? Do you have a daily limit or something?

As for me i keep telling myself to stop when i am winning or losing. But i cannot do it because i can't control myself. If i am winning i kept playing to get more. And when i am losing i kept playing til i recover. But everytime i just lose everything i have. Maybe someday i will be able to control myself and stop when i am in positive profit.
Thats is the problem if you already addicted it is really hard to stop. As you said you will kept playing if you win but you can not control your self i think you can not stop that if you have money left on your wallet. It helps to stop you when you do not have enough money in your pocket or in your wallet because you do not have any capital to gamble.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1456

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:01:20 AM

Sometimes you just have a feeling that you should stop. This comes with experience I think. If you doubt it then think of the times when you already won a certain amount and telling yourself to stop but continued playing on. What was the result? You lost, right? There's a little voice in our heads that tells us to stop. We should listen to it. Same goes for having a small loss, that little voice tells us to stop and if you don't listen your loss will become huge.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:40:44 PM

Let me share my experience today:

I received 0.001 BTC giveaway from a dice gambling site.
I was able to double it and from that point I stopped and withdrawn.

Lesson? Be contented with your winning even if it's just a dime.
A dime is better than nothing.
Limit yourself. You can always go back another day.
Those gambling sites won't disappear.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:58:23 PM

When you have lose everything you know you shut been stop before the last click Tongue

In my opinion there is no stop point once you've started gambling, because even on continued fails users urge themselves to earn the loss occurred due to fails. One can stop if he earns or loss certain amount in a time period.

That's where self control comes into place. If you say that I'll stop when i lose/win x amount and you do so then there's is no real harm done since the loss is "controlled" and you get to keep what you won in case you win.

but not all people have that ability to control their self it will never work if they are really want to earn what they have lost i guess 10% or less of the gamblers have self control and the rest they can't prevent their self from going and losing more money .
maxhor

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:01:32 PM

Still learning this precious technique how to get stop there when I am in profitable situation but it is very hard for me to make stop there, to be honest I don't know when to stop playing with positive mode because I am always looking to make huge amount with gambling.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:15:56 PM

I am not a regular gambler. But I will play it for my fun. Whenever I feel bored, I just play some games. But yes I will fix one amount but not daily basis I will set one price for one week. If I lose that amount in single day, i will stop playing that week. I have that much control over my mind.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:10:23 PM

When you have lose everything you know you shut been stop before the last click Tongue
but i have a limit before losing all my money. i have a limit on both wining and losing side. when i reached to limit i stop playing any more. although some time i cross the limit but not for all time. i usually do gambling in a limit. which is really helpful for me. by the way i have select this limit from my daily pocket money.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:50:43 PM

I put target for my betting session. I usually deposit some satoshi and will stop if I lost that deposit money and wont deposit again to chase the lose. The other condition is when I turn that deposit money doubled and withdrawal all. And start again the other session next day with the same method!

bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:22:22 PM

I am not a regular gambler. But I will play it for my fun. Whenever I feel bored, I just play some games. But yes I will fix one amount but not daily basis I will set one price for one week. If I lose that amount in single day, i will stop playing that week. I have that much control over my mind.

I also play it for the enjoyment and not for the profit you can make with it because a lot of people are just doing it for the profit and that is I'm nog doing at all right now.
I think its just not worth doing it for the profit, I also stop when I hit my limit that I can lost a certain time.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:50:47 PM

though i doubt there is any way to determine if you will win or not so there is no last click, you will not know when to stop ever and you will lose after some time in my opinion
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:54:00 PM

I think before losing evrything the player should have to know that he is unable to play and do not have knowledge and skills to win and have to stop, gambling is for those people who get full knowledge about that and have good skills in playing that games,
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3030

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 08:57:16 PM

I also play it for the enjoyment and not for the profit you can make with it because a lot of people are just doing it for the profit and that is I'm nog doing at all right now.
I think its just not worth doing it for the profit, I also stop when I hit my limit that I can lost a certain time.
Yeah its not worth it better to play just making fun with gambling because if you are thinking that you are looking for a profit it may lose your balance fast/ better to play just for fun. and if you are looking a real profit better to stop gamble ebecause it may drain your wallet instead of making more profit..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:59:43 PM

I'll stop gambling when I already win big or lose big. No point in being greedy, and no point in chasing losses. If I were to chase all my losses in gambling, I would be broke in the long run and be pretty much penniless whereas on the opposite situation, I might lose it all and be broke again.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:05:33 PM

I'll stop gambling when I already win big or lose big. No point in being greedy, and no point in chasing losses. If I were to chase all my losses in gambling, I would be broke in the long run and be pretty much penniless whereas on the opposite situation, I might lose it all and be broke again.

You are true chasing our loses will make us lose more , so the better option is that we have to think for the future and have to play for today and have to forget about what we lose yesterday, with that we will be fair in there and will not lose everything.
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:37:30 PM

I follow the same strategy and always decide a time as to how long I will spend on gambling.
This way i never get tempted to make bets which will lose me all my money. With many gamblers who are addicted the problem is they get a lot of temptation, if you limit your time there is less room for temptation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: