Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRM] Verium PoWT | CPU mining | scrypt² | Scaling | New Roadmap Released  (Read 249894 times)
testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:34:51 PM

They are not missing, the stratum is just sending a notification that the network has found a new block. As far as i know this is used for sending out new "share packages" so you shouldnt old work from the last block.

Stratum for vrm.poolinat0r.com = eu.poolinat0r.com 4443 vardiff and fixed difficulties for bigger miners
Stratum for vrm2.poolinat0r.com = eu2.poolinat0r.com 7103/7104 as ports (both vardiff, 7104 if more vrm1 like and 7103 is for the small miners)
eddy85bg

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:39:24 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 09:22:27 PM by eddy85bg

Ok, i got it. Thank you for information. I'll try it on monday. But what is your explanation about the first picture? The miner was working for more than 30 min., and there was nothing on the dashboard? Or the other case, the miner was on the other pool vrm.au-fait.net, the dashboard shows miner as workng for 10 min and soon after that it dissaperas.. why is that?

https://image.ibb.co/c7GBOQ/WTF.jpg
testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:44:12 PM

Ok, i got it. Thank you for information. I'll try it on monday. But what is your explanation about the first picture? The miner was working for more than 30 min., and there was nothing on the dashboard? Or the other case, the miner was on the other pool vrm.au-fait.net, the dashboard shows miner as workng for 10 min and soon after that it dissaperas.. why is that?

I can only speak for poolinat0r.com pools: On the poolinat0r.com pools the VRM pools are different compared to default scrypt/sha256 etc pools. The difficulty on VRM is so high, that miners are sending (depending on miners speed and pools stratum difficulty) only a few shares. If let's say the hashrate/current worker count is calculated every 30s and your miner is only sending in a share all two mins, your miner will "dissapear" on the pools frontend, even if it's still hashing. The "real" hashrate is always visible on your miners software. If you don't send a big amount of invalid shares then everything is fine. I was working on the statistics in the early pool days and i think the poolinat0r.com stats should be close to your real hashrate. vrm2.poolinat0r.com is useing a different stratum difficulty settings but the changes i did for vrm1 poolinat0r a few weeks ago have already been implemented on the vrm2 poolinat0r. Miners reported that statistics have been more accurate after my last changes.
Feel free to ask me again if you have any more questions, you can also always send me a PM, i am answering PMs Wink

And now: HAPPY WEEKEND TO THE COMPLETE VRM/VRC COMMUNITY Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
eddy85bg

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:40:54 PM

I think my questions and your answers are in great benefit right here. So i'm asking again.... Cheesy Which miner is better for (ARM) raspberry pi, veriumMiner or cpuminer-opt?? I think that because of its low performance, there is no clear answer..
tamara163
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:59:15 PM

how to withdraw coins https://vrm.poolinat0r.com/index.php?
I have 9 coins and want switch back to vrm2.poolinat0r.com on the lower difficulty port 7103 or there is no difference?

and why a different limit for minimum withdrawal of coins and different Commission? 15/0.40     10/0.20 ?
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:15:35 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 08:43:13 PM by pwpwpw

is there a bootstrap for VRM ? I'm having 20+ connections and still it doesn't sync, stuck on block #19999 for hours. closed the wallet multiple times.

EDIT: nevermind, deleted the blockchain and it automatically downloaded a bootstrap, it works fine.

MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:35:51 PM

is there a bootstrap for VRM ? I'm having 20+ connections and still it doesn't sync, stuck on block #19999 for hours. closed the wallet multiple times.

In the Verium Vault, file>reload blockchain

There is a big in the GUI that shows the block sync incorrectly, leave it to load and it will correct itself. This is fixed in the next Verium Vault update.
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:36:25 PM

how to withdraw coins https://vrm.poolinat0r.com/index.php?
I have 9 coins and want switch back to vrm2.poolinat0r.com on the lower difficulty port 7103 or there is no difference?

and why a different limit for minimum withdrawal of coins and different Commission? 15/0.40     10/0.20 ?

Please contact @testbug and he might be able to help you
giroscope

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:04:32 PM

@testbug, is the pool down? None of my miners are connecting.
fbruckm

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:53:31 PM

@testbug, is the pool down? None of my miners are connecting.

Same here.

And can you please unlock my account (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1540023.msg19532320#msg19532320 )
EvilGTV

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:36:12 PM

I have a little question, because I'm very slow...

One of the devs made a post saying this is why you solo mine, and linked to a block on the explorer.  Now if I'm understanding this correctly, the 'Value out' figure is what the blockfinder receives?  So while normally you would expect to receive currently around 4.5VRM for finding a block, you could quite possibly receive 50, 100, even 1000 VRM for discovering a block?
winnway

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:45:25 PM

One of the devs made a post saying this is why you solo mine, and linked to a block on the explorer.  Now if I'm understanding this correctly, the 'Value out' figure is what the blockfinder receives?  So while normally you would expect to receive currently around 4.5VRM for finding a block, you could quite possibly receive 50, 100, even 1000 VRM for discovering a block?

That hasn't been my finding. I've gotten 4 blocks over the last few days across 3 computers and all are 100% in line with the stated block reward on the vault.

Re: questions about the pool, until difficulty spikes I am making significantly more solo mining than I was in the pool ATM. I don't know if it was something to do with the pool itself but I am roughly 12X over what I would be earning in the pool (I tested running all 3 machines to the same pool account simultaneously). That's 5 or 6 days running stats for me.

I could be getting lucky but something just seems amiss for the time being. I plan on going back to it at some point but for now, I even scored a block on an old i5, 4 core processor. Just my findings. Everyone will be different.
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:30:09 AM

winnway this is a very good result, what processors have this computer? I am waiting for 4 days on the block, and I have not extracted any.

Due to the large power of mining networks on the pool gives really bad effects   Huh Huh Undecided

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
shiki0

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 02:19:56 PM

One of the devs made a post saying this is why you solo mine, and linked to a block on the explorer.  Now if I'm understanding this correctly, the 'Value out' figure is what the blockfinder receives?  So while normally you would expect to receive currently around 4.5VRM for finding a block, you could quite possibly receive 50, 100, even 1000 VRM for discovering a block?

That hasn't been my finding. I've gotten 4 blocks over the last few days across 3 computers and all are 100% in line with the stated block reward on the vault.

Re: questions about the pool, until difficulty spikes I am making significantly more solo mining than I was in the pool ATM. I don't know if it was something to do with the pool itself but I am roughly 12X over what I would be earning in the pool (I tested running all 3 machines to the same pool account simultaneously). That's 5 or 6 days running stats for me.

I could be getting lucky but something just seems amiss for the time being. I plan on going back to it at some point but for now, I even scored a block on an old i5, 4 core processor. Just my findings. Everyone will be different.

How do you solo mine on Linux???
winnway

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:49:34 PM

winnway this is a very good result, what processors have this computer? I am waiting for 4 days on the block, and I have not extracted any.

Due to the large power of mining networks on the pool gives really bad effects   Huh Huh Undecided

I have an older i75960 on my main computer, and the others are at my house but nothing worth talking about. On the 5960 I've hit 4 blocks but none in the past 2 days (on any computer). On each of the other 2 I've hit 1 and 2 each. Took 4 days on one and 3 and 6 (I think) on the other. Hash rates on the crappy ones are showing 450-750.

My average take home on the pool was a little over 1/day. So at 4.8 down to 4.4 reward average = 32.2 over only 6 days. vs ~7.4 (based on initial difficulty) on the pool.

The number I gave is false as an average (as of today....over the period), so I didn't mean to mislead but it is misleading because of spiking difficulty. It was on that day and I was getting really ticked off because I was losing so much. Once the average evens out, I'll go back to the pool, but that's not for a while. I'm still ahead by about 24 coins. As I say I can't figure out the math on the pool.....it just didn't make sense to me.....maybe the pool creator can explain it. The high withdrawal rates also irritated me...I'm not sure why he would opt to do that but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hope that clarifies. Difficulty remains extremely low for this coin compared to others, but climbing very fast. It will be double what I started at in no time.

This is all still peanuts. If you like this coin, just buy it. Heck of a lot cheaper / faster.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:38:04 PM

Hi,

thank you for your answers.

Ich have one more question about solo-mining.
At the wallet I get about 1800-2000 H/s. With the cpuminer 3.4.6 in the pool about 3000-5000.
Can I use the cpuminer to mine into my local wallet? I read about that but I don´t know how to set it up.

Thank you.

Indeed the opt miner seems way more efficient than the in wallet miner, maybe it's just because it's trying to work across all different cpu's, I haven't tried to figure out how to get the opt miner to solo mine yet, I'm sure it must be possible.

I've only been able to get the opt miner to use 3 threads max on my AMD FX cpu, but those 3 threads give me better hashrate than the wallet mining on 7 threads through the wallet, so I'd love to figure out how use a couple more with the opt miner  -t3 works but -t4 doesn't?

Try hard setting your virtual memory, at least 16GB. Set min and max the same (16,384). And how much physical ram do you have?  I have 8GB on mine (although i don't think this matters for this) and i set virtual memory to 16GB.  This allowed me to up my threads to 7 for my AMD 8120.

-D

awesome thanks a bunch, I try to figure that out

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:43:09 PM

Due to the large power of mining networks on the pool gives really bad effects   Huh Huh Undecided

I have an older i75960 on my main computer, and the others are at my house but nothing worth talking about. On the 5960 I've hit 4 blocks but none in the past 2 days (on any computer). On each of the other 2 I've hit 1 and 2 each. Took 4 days on one and 3 and 6 (I think) on the other. Hash rates on the crappy ones are showing 450-750.

My average take home on the pool was a little over 1/day. So at 4.8 down to 4.4 reward average = 32.2 over only 6 days. vs ~7.4 (based on initial difficulty) on the pool.

The number I gave is false as an average (as of today....over the period), so I didn't mean to mislead but it is misleading because of spiking difficulty. It was on that day and I was getting really ticked off because I was losing so much. Once the average evens out, I'll go back to the pool, but that's not for a while. I'm still ahead by about 24 coins. As I say I can't figure out the math on the pool.....it just didn't make sense to me.....maybe the pool creator can explain it. The high withdrawal rates also irritated me...I'm not sure why he would opt to do that but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hope that clarifies. Difficulty remains extremely low for this coin compared to others, but climbing very fast. It will be double what I started at in no time.

This is all still peanuts. If you like this coin, just buy it. Heck of a lot cheaper / faster.

I mined for over a week from the wallet with no blocks found, and have never been the block finder on the pool... so If I was using the pool I would have found nothing.

3 to 5 coins per week isn't peanuts when the computer is on anyways and would have been costing money to have instead of making it.

WAVES
winnway

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:00:53 PM

I mined for over a week from the wallet with no blocks found, and have never been the block finder on the pool... so If I was using the pool I would have found nothing.

3 to 5 coins per week isn't peanuts when the computer is on anyways and would have been costing money to have instead of making it.

I hear you. Still no new blocks as of today. Looks like the party may be over for now. I think I'll leave it a couple more days and see if anything hits. But my finding rate hit the brakes.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:57:27 AM

I hear you. Still no new blocks as of today. Looks like the party may be over for now. I think I'll leave it a couple more days and see if anything hits. But my finding rate hit the brakes.

on the pool it seems like I'll be getting about 5 coins per week as long as the difficulty doesn't keep climbing Wink

allocating the 16g of virtual memory allowed me to put more cores on the pool so I'm stoked  Cool

WAVES
submine88

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:44:16 AM

vrm2.poolinat0r.com is down.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: