Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRM] Verium PoWT | CPU mining | scrypt² | Scaling | New Roadmap Released  (Read 249889 times)
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:28:42 PM

I'll talk to bittrex about delisting warning, we are just getting started.

Resolved?

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skrtel37

Activity: 478

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:03:32 PM

This shity coin will probably raise after i'll sell my share
Goruno

Activity: 401
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:38:46 PM

I think this coin will be dead . it's down and down
I'm scared of this coin. Good luck everyone.
vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:08:52 AM

Nearly every single coin is down ATM because of bitcoin bull rally, except for some rare quick pnd (but with very low volume), so VRM is just following the global alt trend.
ETH is crashing, XMR and ETC are very low, LTC crashed, ZEC is crashing (also because the mining ramp-up just finished), DOGE is crashing... VRM maintaining itself would be extraordinary, but there's still no reason for it to do so.

Interesting fact is that bittrex daily volume this past few days is less than 1k BTC, which is very low for an exchange with a full dev team, and I don't know how they can survive with fees alone.
They have ~200 BTC markets and today for example, only half of them had the minimum 0.5 BTC.

It's very strange for them to want and try to delist so many coins when we're clearly in a very alt bearish market.
I mean, even VIA which recently had a major dev change is in danger of de-listing.

It's a shame they equal development quality with volume, especially for recent ones that could not prove themselves yet.
In the case of a coin that everybody wants to hoard for staking, thus having very low exchange volume, it's just stupid.

One would suppose that the exchange is currently in a difficult financial situation, and they're trying to cut a lot of operation cost by halving their alt market count in a way that put pressure on devs/communities.
But that may very well be a bad strategy, because if the only alts remaining are the high volume ones, those are probably also on poloniex, and why trade on bittrex if you can do it on poloniex with much higher volume.
testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 07:55:28 AM

Nearly every single coin is down ATM because of bitcoin bull rally, except for some rare quick pnd (but with very low volume), so VRM is just following the global alt trend.
ETH is crashing, XMR and ETC are very low, LTC crashed, ZEC is crashing (also because the mining ramp-up just finished), DOGE is crashing... VRM maintaining itself would be extraordinary, but there's still no reason for it to do so.

Interesting fact is that bittrex daily volume this past few days is less than 1k BTC, which is very low for an exchange with a full dev team, and I don't know how they can survive with fees alone.
They have ~200 BTC markets and today for example, only half of them had the minimum 0.5 BTC.

It's very strange for them to want and try to delist so many coins when we're clearly in a very alt bearish market.
I mean, even VIA which recently had a major dev change is in danger of de-listing.

It's a shame they equal development quality with volume, especially for recent ones that could not prove themselves yet.
In the case of a coin that everybody wants to hoard for staking, thus having very low exchange volume, it's just stupid.

One would suppose that the exchange is currently in a difficult financial situation, and they're trying to cut a lot of operation cost by halving their alt market count in a way that put pressure on devs/communities.
But that may very well be a bad strategy, because if the only alts remaining are the high volume ones, those are probably also on poloniex, and why trade on bittrex if you can do it on poloniex with much higher volume.

Yes you are right. I also do not underdtans why they want to delist so many coins. I understand that maintaining an exchange with all the wallets is much work, but if bittrex is delisting all the coins they are saying trade volume might go to yobit or other smaller exchanges. So in the longterm bttrex is loosing even more volue and traderd. As you mentioned: why should we trade on lower volumes if er can trade on a bigger one?

You are also right about many altcoins going down. This might be related to powerfull BTC price increasement.
Another problem is that i believe, many very new BTC ppl (unexperienced people) came into VRM and thoight: wow thats all new i might get rich. But the fact is that you wont get rich 2-3 months after coin launch. If you want to go for the long term VRM might be a good choice, but i also suggest that you invest in 2-3 more coins for spreading.
I am personally still holding all my vrm, i didnt sell a single coin yet.
Some pages before i told you some simple steps for not loosing all your money and i think the following sentence can be signed by everybody who is in crypto for a fee years now: you should NEVER panic. If you panic quite easy zhe cryptoworld might be no good place for you.

@vrm dev team:
For me it would help if you post a bit more often on the forum Smiley
b.c4mp3ll

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 09:28:36 AM

y something like a timetable for the next few month would be nice if thats possible
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 09:52:36 AM

Bitcoin as bitcoin, large markets alts strongly react, not so much on small markets.  Most are mined and dump the botnet. Dev This is the so-far only writing, no evidence.

I ask where this massive marketing campaign? I did not see and had to be for a month.

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
thdim

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:55:28 AM

Nevertheless if my calculations are correct we need around 3 BTC of volume in 2 days so I think we should all do some active trading now since for the moment we don't have anything better. I agree that Bittrex is not what it used to be and the more they keep this illogical practices the worst they will be, I wrote them in Slack that if you de-list 3 months old coins then how do they expect people to touch new assets when they will always have the risk of de-listing before even taking the time to accumulate, they are obviously in panic and trouble and me personally I will start avoiding Bittrex. Even if they actually de-list VRM, personally I don't sell, I never invest more than I can lose and the possibility to be added to Poloniex (let's not forget that the devs have good relationship with Polo and a good name in the crypto community) is making the potential risk/reward so huge that in my point of view it deserves it. People don't seem to understand that in order to gain you need to risk and it's better to risk a small % of your portfolio in very risky times (and look for up at 50 times your investment) than risk all of your BTC at a hot market or an ICO (looking to make a 10%). VRM in less than 20k is one of the biggest opportunities out there.

Also the devs should be activated now, post something guys, say a word, many people deeply appreciate you but now everybody is waiting for a word.
wixfreeman

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:42:58 PM

Nevertheless if my calculations are correct we need around 3 BTC of volume in 2 days so I think we should all do some active trading now since for the moment we don't have anything better. I agree that Bittrex is not what it used to be and the more they keep this illogical practices the worst they will be, I wrote them in Slack that if you de-list 3 months old coins then how do they expect people to touch new assets when they will always have the risk of de-listing before even taking the time to accumulate, they are obviously in panic and trouble and me personally I will start avoiding Bittrex. Even if they actually de-list VRM, personally I don't sell, I never invest more than I can lose and the possibility to be added to Poloniex (let's not forget that the devs have good relationship with Polo and a good name in the crypto community) is making the potential risk/reward so huge that in my point of view it deserves it. People don't seem to understand that in order to gain you need to risk and it's better to risk a small % of your portfolio in very risky times (and look for up at 50 times your investment) than risk all of your BTC at a hot market or an ICO (looking to make a 10%). VRM in less than 20k is one of the biggest opportunities out there.

Also the devs should be activated now, post something guys, say a word, many people deeply appreciate you but now everybody is waiting for a word.

has anyone with development credentials even attempted to contact bittrex?  it would not surprise me at all if nobody has even attempted. 
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:31:28 PM

Nevertheless if my calculations are correct we need around 3 BTC of volume in 2 days so I think we should all do some active trading now since for the moment we don't have anything better.

3 BTC in 2 days? By my calculations if wash traded that's (2)*(0.0025)*(3)*(770) = $11.55 to keep this thing on bittrex.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 07:49:01 PM

what a shame VRM went this way, and the dev only comes on every few days with a  generic one-liner ignoring investors blood in the streets :/
happy i never invested in VRM, a botnet coin should never have an ICO, too easy to set and forget botnets, creating competition the price cant handle Sad
Bittrex btw has an auto system for those notifications,  i dont think it means they are pruning, its an auto thing with BTC pump alts being down, MANY coins are hitting the auto delist warnings :/

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
thdim

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:44:52 PM

From the Vericoin bitcointalk page.

It seems that indeed development is stagnant but the post is actually good news since it's better to have a new dev than to have no development at all.

As some of you may know, I finished graduate school this past summer and have now been working pretty busy hours. Because of this, I can't devote the time I was once able to, and would like to, working on VRC/VRM. Because of my inability to commit large amounts of time to the project, I am willing to donate up to 75% of my VRC holdings to help fund another developer. My VRC holding is pretty large, in the hundreds of thousands of VRC. I will be happy to disclose more specifics to any interested parties after vetting.

To make it clear, I am not leaving VRC/VRM and will not be stepping away as a developer. Instead, I will be donating my own hard-earned money to help keep VRC at the forefront of the sector. Instead of going down with the ship, hopefully I can help right it.

Details:
Send me an email if you are interested in this: pnosker@vericoin.info

The public address that holds the funds will be released to a candidate of my choosing with payments dispensed as 10% of holdings per 3 months, starting with the first payment as a goodwill payment before work starts. There is no minimum time commitment but milestones will be set based upon our discussion.

I would like a proposal about what features or elements of the VRC code you would like to add or improve upon. I would like to see some prior code relating to another cryptocurrency project.

This would be a great way to earn a large chunk of cryptocurrency.

Some projects we have planned and are working on that you may want to use in your proposal/help finish:

-Doug's anonymous sends/public usernames system which relies on multisig generation (you'll have to ask him for more details)
-Implementation of BIP32 hierarchical determination of keys into the main core VRC wallet
-An independent mobile wallet that does not rely on a central server (ideally would use SPV technology)
-Improvement of VRM core wallet mining speed

pi933

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:46:29 AM

Removal from Bittrex would suck but keep in mind that Livecoin is trading VRM as well as the VRC/VRM pair. So... Bittrex isn't the only low volume crappy exchange for this.
wgd
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:03:38 AM

Removal from Bittrex would suck but keep in mind that Livecoin is trading VRM as well as the VRC/VRM pair. So... Bittrex isn't the only low volume crappy exchange for this.

livecoin? Do not be funny, surely it will soon be closed

TREX is the No. 2 altcoin exchange, drink coffee because even you sleep

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet

████████████

████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

QORTECTOR

....JOIN....
thdim

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:24:46 AM

Ok now it looks really bad, yesterday's volume was non existent, 3 BTC volume in one day seems impossible task at the moment. RIP VRM
Goruno

Activity: 401
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:36:01 PM

Ok now it looks really bad, yesterday's volume was non existent, 3 BTC volume in one day seems impossible task at the moment. RIP VRM

This coin will be removed on bittrex at the end of this year. There is nothing to do with this coin
wgd
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:57:05 PM

There you can buy and sell from each other, what are you waiting to do volumen: D

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet

████████████

████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

QORTECTOR

....JOIN....
AleScamHole

Activity: 504

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:20:01 PM

o well, i think it was pretty ovbious this was just an exit scam

WHO would do an ICO, KNOWING they were walking away in 3 weeks?

total exit scam, they took in 100BTC for xmas money , you got shittokens, now the dev is quitting   , win?

what a joke, sneaky tho, wont even get negged i bet, good job OP!
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 08:53:18 PM

total exit scam, they took in 100BTC for xmas money , you got shittokens, now the dev is quitting   , win?

Verium was largely my idea, I did most of the development and I'm not exiting.
raven1322

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:11:47 AM

total exit scam, they took in 100BTC for xmas money , you got shittokens, now the dev is quitting   , win?

Verium was largely my idea, I did most of the development and I'm not exiting.

this is very reassuring to know. any news from bittrex?

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: