Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 595 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free)  (Read 834446 times)
Mister305

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:48:22 PM

Someone post a working command line to mine neoscrypt with  rx 580’s
I will tip the person, I am tired of trying to get it to hash right.

Done

you can use the recently added Gateless Gate miner.

AMD cards are very poor in Neoscrypt - you get better results with NVIDIA.

Anyways you can try this below - worked for my 470/480, no need tip

--kernel neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.hk.nicehash.com:3341 -u <btc-address>.$rigName -p x -T

TY that line with the -T makes my system crash.

-T I think is for text mode

you can omit this if you want but smos may not be able to format the console properly

if your miner is still crashing then most likely its your OC settings

reset them to stock by putting "0" / "zero" in me core and mem field and 800 or 900 undervoltage

I am getting 127 h/s total for 6 rx 580.  I see I should be around 400-500 h/s each. Not 127h/s total.  Any other settings to check? Recommendation anyone ?
gegman2

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:09:44 AM

Hey guys,

I have Asrock H110 BTC+ motherboards with Sandisk USB3 flash drives for SmOS. Lately I am getting a strange intermittent error the OS stops booting. Here is a short description of it:
usb usb2-port1: cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad
usb usb2-port1: unable to enumerate USB device
usb usb2-port1: cannot disable (err = -32)
Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems:
- Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
 - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
 - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
- Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT! UUID=<some hexadecimal numbers> does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
(initramfs)

It seems to me USB module issue or kernel bug. I have switched to SSD via SATA and did not have the issue yet. Did any of you guys had the same issue? Fix?

I have multiple rigs out there still booting from USB thumb drive and would like to find the culprit and solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Had same exact issue. Just take the thumb drive and put it in a normal computer. Fix any errors on it and then reburn the image onto it again. Put your email in the text file. Put drive back and restart everything. Fixed it for me

I have burned the first image with HDD Guru (Raw Image Copy) tool. This time I have tried with etcher.io flashing tool as it has been suggested on the simplemining.net . I will see what is going on soon. I have a brand new Patriot blitz USB flash drive also got Samsung one. Will try both. Hope it will work this time.

Thank you!
crashfive

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:04:47 AM

https://imgur.com/a/hjfKY

Any idea why my boxedRIG (6-GPUs) has more shares than my 8-GPU rig?
Skeda

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:00:41 AM

I have night turned off all the miners!!! And still not included! Prior to that, all right six months worked!
Saki3d

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:29:21 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 06:17:14 AM by Saki3d

Hello,

i have Msi 890fxa-gd70 motherboard it is quite old one, when i try to run simpleos by usb screen shows error;

-------------------------
GNU GRUB version 2.02~beta2-36ubuntu3.2

Minimal BASH- like line editing supported. for the first word, TAB lists all possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB list possible device or file completions.

grub>
------------------------

i tried 2 different usb both gave same error and they working at another motherboard.
how can i solve this problem thanks.

EDIT: Problem solved by downgrading bios to older one  Grin
weeminer

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:43:46 AM

Can you please add bminer to your SMOS? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2519271.0

I have a problem with dstm miner in your SMOS. Using 12 x P106 mining cards, they all work good for about 2-3 hours, after that time, the hashrate is starting to decline from 3700+ Sol/s to 2000 Sol/s for unknown reason. When using ewbf miners, the speed is lower and the machine is restarting more frequently, but the miner stays at 3500+ Sol/s. bminer should be better alternative to both of these miner programs, and I found out that it gives higher performance and also better stability.

I am having the same problem as you..running 12x GTX1060...tried DSTM miner..after 2-5 hours..hashrate drop from 3700 to 2000 sol/s.
EWBF having lower hashrate but somehow stable after running 12 hours...
Developer please help to add in bminer .
Thanks
Saki3d

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:33:50 AM

@tytantic,

Downloading  RX OS & NV OS images are same, can u fix links please.

Thanks.
Squintz

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:56:08 AM

PHI PLEASE
Saki3d

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:34:09 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 08:07:40 AM by Saki3d

Hi,

I set up my secong rig now, i want to mine second rig different coin but i couldn't do it. i created new group (H2) but i can not add second rig to this group all rigs grouped under default group.

Code:
H01 GTX 1060 Mix	-	2/2	dstm-v0.5.8 --server ***	  
H02 - 0/0 ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1 -a cryptonight***

Can someone help me to figure this please, thanks.
Cryptomaniac1000

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:58:54 AM

Hello everyone! I recently got into mining and 2 days ago I finished setting up my first mining rig (6 RX 470 XFX 8GB on a gigabyte H110-D3A with a intel Pentium Dual-Core 3.3 GHz). I use SMOS with claymore 10.5 and thus far I got twice (once every 24h) an error that makes a lot of hardly readable text rain down my screen (I'll attach vid). Any ideas on why this might happen? What should I do to try correct this? I want to let my rig mine while I am 200km away. This error makes it unresponsive to simplemining dashboard commands (I can't reboot/ restart from it) so I'll have to figure out how to use SRR which seems difficult  Sad
The error(vid): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5zvXz1ias&feature=youtu.be
The error(pic): https://ibb.co/iXXaJb
adore

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:29:25 AM

@tytantic,

Downloading  RX OS & NV OS images are same, can u fix links please.

Thanks.
lol
tytanic add this ISSUE ( Grin) to the help page please
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:04:58 AM

@tytantic,
Downoading  RX OS & NV OS images are same, can u fix links please.
Thanks.
lol
tytanic add this ISSUE ( Grin) to the help page please

Yes they are Smiley I know Tongue
Accually the NV and RX image should and will work on most R9 GPUs as well.
I will soon merge this into ONE image.
The reason that i have separate images is to give more clear info that you CANT MIX amd and nvidia in one rig Tongue

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
minimalist55

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:44:27 AM

Yes they are Smiley I know Tongue
Accually the NV and RX image should and will work on most R9 GPUs as well.
I will soon merge this into ONE image.
The reason that i have separate images is to give more clear info that you CANT MIX amd and nvidia in one rig Tongue

Tytanick Hi,
We have a problem with 2GB RX 550 cards Sad
Dennis77

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:26:31 PM

@tytanick

Is it possible that you add this miner : https://www.bminer.me/? It runs much better as Dstm not only with better Rates, it use less Power then all other Miners withe better Hash Rates.
eek55

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:17:07 PM

Just an idea, but be mindful of your power situation. I have 4 D3's and they will throw errors if I run too many in the same room because the house wiring is weak, there's not enough power for all of them. If it doesn't trip the breakers, they will throw the errors. Another issue could be your power cables. You want a 14 gauge I believe? And you want them short, longer cables lose efficiency per foot.

The fact that 1000 watts powers one rig fine but fails to do so for the others indicates a power sourcing or delivery issue to me. Potential fire hazard. Take care with your other PSU cables as well, I've read they can catch fire sometimes if overloaded. Better safe than sorry.

Another idea could be poor internet connection that causes errors while updating, ip conflicts or data dropping, but that's unlikely.

Lastly, it could be a problem with the OS itself, which also seems unlikely.

Hi, maybe a motherboard problem?
Putting on and off again and again many times the riser connectors may damage ports.
Yesterday I noticed that one of my Pci-Ex ports cause senseless heat problem to GPU.
What are the last errors of OS before rebooting?

Thank you for the substantial inputs!

I solved the problem, actually found the problem. One PCI port in each card is not working. I added the cards one by one and found the slot causing problem. I tried with one gpu on that slot and it is not working. Sometimes it starts to mine with that slot but lasts 5mins or so. Tbh it does seem unlikely to have one slot in two mobo, but maybe I screwed smth during restarts, changing risers etc. Today I am going back to the store, maybe they can replace if the slot was DOA.
azertypaco

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:53:07 PM

can anyone with asus b250 mining expert share their bios settings with smos?

i have tried many combinations of settings with 9 cards and smos registers each card but mines less tan 4 hashes each card, i have manyhours trying and cant find good answers online

What GPU's are you using, this info would help?

I have the same issue.  Currently I have 4x 570 4Gb and 1x 580 8Gb.
I have 2 more cards I did not test with the mobo yet and 3 more on the way, all RX 570/580 4/8Gb.

Otherwise I have a more general question as well:

I had SMOS running in 1 rig on an SDD.
Can I take this SDD and use it to run SMOS on another rig?  Or does SMOS udpates itself and becomes dependant to the HW it runs on (just like windows does)?

EDIT: I forgot to say these 5 cards were running fine (28-29Mh/s) on SMOS on a  Z170 PC Mate.  Now that I switched everything to the B250 mining expert I have this low (and varying) hashrate problem.

I solved my problem.  It was quite stupid but you have to know it: don't use the damn 16x PCIe slot!
After I moved the riser from the 16x slot to a 1x it solved all my hashrate issues.

The above solution did not solve all my problems.  The hashrate was good for a while but then went back to crap.

I followed the advice on Reddit and filled my PCI slots in the numerical order (I had read elsewhere it did not matter).  Now that I did this my rig is mining at the expected hashrate again.

F*** me it's still not stable.  It can run stable for like 6 hours and then the hashrates start to go up and down. 

Yesterday when I was running with 5 GPU, it went OK with all of them for hours.  Then only 1 of the GPU went down to 3-4Mh/s and the others were all fine.

In the evening I added a fan blowing on the little chip that some people say overheat on the B250.
Then I plugged in a  6th GPU and started mining again..  It was stable for a few hours only and then the issues started again.  Not just 1 GPU went down to 3-4Mh/s, many did.

Could it be  bad risers?  Can they they somehow work for a while and then start causing issues?  Identifying the bad one would be hard since they all  appear to work, at least for some time.
Could it be the power?  I currently run this on a good EVGA gold and a not so good Cooler Master (I had to RMA a corsair, that's why).  The only other  thing I have running on this breaker is a single light and the fan to cool the rig.  The wires are a bit old in my basement where my rig is.

huie1983

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:08:12 PM

Hello everyone! I recently got into mining and 2 days ago I finished setting up my first mining rig (6 RX 470 XFX 8GB on a gigabyte H110-D3A with a intel Pentium Dual-Core 3.3 GHz). I use SMOS with claymore 10.5 and thus far I got twice (once every 24h) an error that makes a lot of hardly readable text rain down my screen (I'll attach vid). Any ideas on why this might happen? What should I do to try correct this? I want to let my rig mine while I am 200km away. This error makes it unresponsive to simplemining dashboard commands (I can't reboot/ restart from it) so I'll have to figure out how to use SRR which seems difficult  Sad
The error(vid): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5zvXz1ias&feature=youtu.be
The error(pic): https://ibb.co/iXXaJb

I usually get that if A) The motherboards isn't setup properly for mining. Disable as much as you can onboard. Try changing PCIE versions from Auto to Gen1 or Gen 2 and test. B) The GPU's are overclocked or undervolted too much.
huie1983

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:16:44 PM

can anyone with asus b250 mining expert share their bios settings with smos?

i have tried many combinations of settings with 9 cards and smos registers each card but mines less tan 4 hashes each card, i have manyhours trying and cant find good answers online

What GPU's are you using, this info would help?

I have the same issue.  Currently I have 4x 570 4Gb and 1x 580 8Gb.
I have 2 more cards I did not test with the mobo yet and 3 more on the way, all RX 570/580 4/8Gb.

Otherwise I have a more general question as well:

I had SMOS running in 1 rig on an SDD.
Can I take this SDD and use it to run SMOS on another rig?  Or does SMOS udpates itself and becomes dependant to the HW it runs on (just like windows does)?

EDIT: I forgot to say these 5 cards were running fine (28-29Mh/s) on SMOS on a  Z170 PC Mate.  Now that I switched everything to the B250 mining expert I have this low (and varying) hashrate problem.

I solved my problem.  It was quite stupid but you have to know it: don't use the damn 16x PCIe slot!
After I moved the riser from the 16x slot to a 1x it solved all my hashrate issues.

The above solution did not solve all my problems.  The hashrate was good for a while but then went back to crap.

I followed the advice on Reddit and filled my PCI slots in the numerical order (I had read elsewhere it did not matter).  Now that I did this my rig is mining at the expected hashrate again.

F*** me it's still not stable.  It can run stable for like 6 hours and then the hashrates start to go up and down. 

Yesterday when I was running with 5 GPU, it went OK with all of them for hours.  Then only 1 of the GPU went down to 3-4Mh/s and the others were all fine.

In the evening I added a fan blowing on the little chip that some people say overheat on the B250.
Then I plugged in a  6th GPU and started mining again..  It was stable for a few hours only and then the issues started again.  Not just 1 GPU went down to 3-4Mh/s, many did.

Could it be  bad risers?  Can they they somehow work for a while and then start causing issues?  Identifying the bad one would be hard since they all  appear to work, at least for some time.
Could it be the power?  I currently run this on a good EVGA gold and a not so good Cooler Master (I had to RMA a corsair, that's why).  The only other  thing I have running on this breaker is a single light and the fan to cool the rig.  The wires are a bit old in my basement where my rig is.

It's not bad power, that wouldn't cause one card to flake out. It could be a bad riser, cable or the little PCIE chip that plugs into the slot. I've had bad risers that run fine for days or weeks and then all of the sudden cards will drop off.  I hate to be obvious, but have you updated the BIOS and tried to set the Gen settings for the slots etc? I have one ASUS board and the rest are ASROCK H110 pro's. The H110's are setup for mining and  fired right up,  I have 6 10 card rx580 rigs running SMOS. The ASUS board is 8 cards and was kind of a PITA to get running. Had to set everything related to PCIE to Gen1, disable SATA controller, audio controller etc. Finally it has been running for over a week. I read ton's on boards before setting up my 10 card rigs and stayed away from the B250 as it seemed to have overheating issues and just be unstable compared to the H110 or another board. Hell, I paid $129 for my Asus Z270-P and it runs 8 cards...
huie1983

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:40:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm writing this post hoping that there is someone who could help me with some answers. I'm new in mining, as you all were in the beginning so I'm still trying to find my place in the huge amount of info. Smiley

Well, I've just set up my RIG (6 x XFX RX 470 8gb) and I'm currently trying to understand if the frequencies for memory and gpu shown in the SM console are the stock frequencies of the video card or the values I see there are overclocked by SMOS? It's currently show me 1180/1950/card.

Do you have any info on this matter?

If you have not set any OC values in Simpleminer then yes, they are the stock clocks on the card(s).  If you load ATI winflash as well as polaris bis editor, you can save your BIOS and load it into polaris to look around at the stock values.

Hi,

Thx for the answer. The idea is that I didn't use the cards in windows before. Just installed the rig, inserted the usb with simplemining OS and that was it. This is why I was wondering if the frequencies shown in the console are the stock frequencies. I didn't change them, just wanted to know for sure that the OS does not apply any OC at all.

Got it. So yes, stock values are shown that you can tweak with the OC settings in SMOS. Keep in mind that you won't get as good of undervolting results in SMOS VS modding the BIOS. For me atleast the power profile setting in SMOS doesn't change much. Modding the BIOS voltages works great, have to know what you are doing though.
azertypaco

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:45:48 PM

It's not bad power, that wouldn't cause one card to flake out. It could be a bad riser, cable or the little PCIE chip that plugs into the slot. I've had bad risers that run fine for days or weeks and then all of the sudden cards will drop off.  I hate to be obvious, but have you updated the BIOS and tried to set the Gen settings for the slots etc? I have one ASUS board and the rest are ASROCK H110 pro's. The H110's are setup for mining and  fired right up,  I have 6 10 card rx580 rigs running SMOS. The ASUS board is 8 cards and was kind of a PITA to get running. Had to set everything related to PCIE to Gen1, disable SATA controller, audio controller etc. Finally it has been running for over a week. I read ton's on boards before setting up my 10 card rigs and stayed away from the B250 as it seemed to have overheating issues and just be unstable compared to the H110 or another board. Hell, I paid $129 for my Asus Z270-P and it runs 8 cards...

Thanks for your answer.

In the B250 bios there is a mining mode where everything gets set properly right away (gen1, above 4g decoding).  I turned off the audio already but I can try and turn off all the things I don't use.

Tonight I'll do that and also embark on a mission to identify the faulty riser, if any.  I don't want to run with 1 risers at a time to identify the faulty one... I guess I'll try removing them 1 by 1  instead even if it might not be as accurate (if I have 2 faulty ones).

Otherwise I already ordered a new 6 pack of risers earlier this week since I have 3 more GPUs on the way.
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 595 »
  Print  

Jump to: