Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92985 times)
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 03:19:08 AM

Some more details on http://fanmix.com/ which is launching on the 4th, less than eight days away as I type this.

So in a nutshell, Fanmix will let fans pledge funds or buy merchandise and every dollar spent on the artist will earn them "rewards points" which are actually crypto tokens.  Fans don't need to know anything about crypto or even know that's what they're getting.

Dollars spent on fanmix.com will trigger automatic market buys of Tao off of AltMarket, leading to volume and steady buy pressure.

Tao bought off the market will be held off-market and staked, leading to less available supply.

Artist tokens will be tradable on AltMarket, exclusively against Tao. They have a LOT of artists already, including big names.

I hope that you know where that all leads to.  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 12:06:16 AM

TAO ===> does it fly?  Cool //\\

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Zungu

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 12:26:19 AM

Are you having an ICO or IEO
ACGCrypto

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 12:37:25 AM

There was an ICO for Tao (originally XTO) back in 2016. It was done before the major ICO hype set it and it was done in a legally compliant way that did not count as a security, making it a rarity.

However, the FanMix.com platform will include "IAOs" (aka Initial Artist Offerings) for musicians - they have a large number of artists already onboard ranging from no-name up-and-coming artists to established big names.  Each artist token will only be tradable against Tao and so each one adds to Tao's value.

Make sure to read my posts upthread for more details, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 01:38:03 AM

I just wrapped up a miserable experience with AltMarket, the official home of TAO/XTO

I had to open a new account since the 2FA codes stopped coming to my KryptoDoog email address (the community’s response to this, btw, was not to address the issue but to say this was my fault for not using “real” 2FA), so I decided to make a new identity, with new email address, and only access the market via VPN, so to see what the experience of an outsider using AltMarket would be.  The result was not good at all.

I sold some TAO, withdrew.  Sold some more, set up a withdrawal, and then my account was promptly wiped of all trading, deposit, and withdrawal history.  I immediately opened a ticket and have been nothing but kind and patient.  Bryce Weiner was assigned to my ticket.

The ticket was opened 24 days ago, and communication has been miniscule.  I’ve had to send multiple messages to get a response, but have received no relevant information about my case.  According to support, they don’t know what happened, and they can’t fix it.  They asked me for a BTC address and offered to manually process my withdrawal 13 days ago.  I provided the address, never received anything, and was ignored until today when I started sending PMs to TAO hodlers laying this out for them.

And all over a measly .039 BTC

For those who don’t know me, I’ve been in TAO since summer of 2017 and been in UNO since early 2014.  I am an admin in the Unobtanium main Telegram channel and have a seat at the round table of Disciples.

I’m sure now that I have revealed myself to be the author of AltMarket Support Ticket #98, it will all be brushed under the rug “Oh he’s busy, we’ve got something new and exciting taking up all the attention.”  Well I’m here to say, that this kind of business practice is unacceptable.  No one from outside this project would be as kind and patient as I have been.  To not receive a withdrawal worth hundreds of dollars, have your account history completely wiped clean directly after making the withdrawal, and then have support shrug with an “i dunno” and then just ignore the issue, looks really really bad and any normie would be flipping their shit right now. 

I had really high hopes for AltMarket for years now and am beyond disappointed at the product which has been released.  All faith I had in any project being led by Bryce Weiner is gone.  I’ve made mention of this in all my other circles to spread the word that AltMarket and TAO are to be avoided entirely.

read the support ticket here: http://twitdoc.com/ALCB

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 01:47:55 AM

There was an ICO for Tao (originally XTO) back in 2016. It was done before the major ICO hype set it and it was done in a legally compliant way that did not count as a security, making it a rarity.

However, the FanMix.com platform will include "IAOs" (aka Initial Artist Offerings) for musicians - they have a large number of artists already onboard ranging from no-name up-and-coming artists to established big names.  Each artist token will only be tradable against Tao and so each one adds to Tao's value.

Make sure to read my posts upthread for more details, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Why is the coinmarketcap data for Tao missing? Also, where are the current exchange markets for TAO?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tao/

Are you going to release your 2019-onwards roadmap also? Your website shows up until Dec 2018 plans only.
gembitz

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 01:32:46 PM

I just wrapped up a miserable experience with AltMarket, the official home of TAO/XTO

I had to open a new account since the 2FA codes stopped coming to my KryptoDoog email address (the community’s response to this, btw, was not to address the issue but to say this was my fault for not using “real” 2FA), so I decided to make a new identity, with new email address, and only access the market via VPN, so to see what the experience of an outsider using AltMarket would be.  The result was not good at all.

I sold some TAO, withdrew.  Sold some more, set up a withdrawal, and then my account was promptly wiped of all trading, deposit, and withdrawal history.  I immediately opened a ticket and have been nothing but kind and patient.  Bryce Weiner was assigned to my ticket.

The ticket was opened 24 days ago, and communication has been miniscule.  I’ve had to send multiple messages to get a response, but have received no relevant information about my case.  According to support, they don’t know what happened, and they can’t fix it.  They asked me for a BTC address and offered to manually process my withdrawal 13 days ago.  I provided the address, never received anything, and was ignored until today when I started sending PMs to TAO hodlers laying this out for them.

And all over a measly .039 BTC

For those who don’t know me, I’ve been in TAO since summer of 2017 and been in UNO since early 2014.  I am an admin in the Unobtanium main Telegram channel and have a seat at the round table of Disciples.

I’m sure now that I have revealed myself to be the author of AltMarket Support Ticket #98, it will all be brushed under the rug “Oh he’s busy, we’ve got something new and exciting taking up all the attention.”  Well I’m here to say, that this kind of business practice is unacceptable.  No one from outside this project would be as kind and patient as I have been.  To not receive a withdrawal worth hundreds of dollars, have your account history completely wiped clean directly after making the withdrawal, and then have support shrug with an “i dunno” and then just ignore the issue, looks really really bad and any normie would be flipping their shit right now. 

I had really high hopes for AltMarket for years now and am beyond disappointed at the product which has been released.  All faith I had in any project being led by Bryce Weiner is gone.  I’ve made mention of this in all my other circles to spread the word that AltMarket and TAO are to be avoided entirely.

read the support ticket here: http://twitdoc.com/ALCB

LOL what do you expect from bryce? :-D

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 01:34:17 PM

Why is the coinmarketcap data for Tao missing? Also, where are the current exchange markets for TAO?

Are you going to release your 2019-onwards roadmap also? Your website shows up until Dec 2018 plans only.

where TAO is going//^we need no maps Wink weeee

ACGCrypto

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 09:05:44 PM

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. I saw your post yesterday and talked to Bryce about it and my understanding is that he had to fire and replace a developer due at least in part to this problem and the lack of resolution.

One thing you didn't mention in your post is that he did send you your funds. They are still in mempool since BTC as we all know is only semi-functional when a lot of people are using it, but it seems like an important detail to leave out.

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/48e2a924d20689c103b4d30e1a102bc6f3a526f7cdefb68b83f0002d43bd4ceb

Not cool that this happened with your withdrawal in the first place, but one positive is that the USD value is at least way up thanks to the Tetherpump.

ACGCrypto

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 09:17:47 PM

CMC data is missing a lot of data because after Cryptopia delisted Tao CMC chose not to include data from any other exchanges. It is currently on three exchanges that I know of:

FreiExchange:
https://freiexchange.com/market/TAO/BTC

qTrade:
https://qtrade.io/market/TAO_BTC

and the official home on AltMarket:
https://exchange.alt.market/

As for the roadmap, the copy in the OP of this thread shows up through the March 2019 launch of AltMarket. The next step is the launch of FanMix, which I've been posting about recently.

You can expect more details on July 4th.

ACGCrypto

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 09:51:04 PM

Some more details on http://fanmix.com/ which is launching on the 4th, less than eight days away as I type this.

So in a nutshell, Fanmix will let fans pledge funds or buy merchandise and every dollar spent on the artist will earn them "rewards points" which are actually crypto tokens.  Fans don't need to know anything about crypto or even know that's what they're getting.

Dollars spent on fanmix.com will trigger automatic market buys of Tao off of AltMarket, leading to volume and steady buy pressure.

Tao bought off the market will be held off-market and staked, leading to less available supply.

Artist tokens will be tradable on AltMarket, exclusively against Tao. They have a LOT of artists already, including big names.

You can make money if you refer a band or artist to Fanmix. Decentralized music producers?

Five and a half days left.

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:30:08 AM

However, the FanMix.com platform will include "IAOs" (aka Initial Artist Offerings) for musicians - they have a large number of artists already onboard ranging from no-name up-and-coming artists to established big names.  Each artist token will only be tradable against Tao and so each one adds to Tao's value.

CMC data is missing a lot of data because after Cryptopia delisted Tao CMC chose not to include data from any other exchanges. It is currently on three exchanges that I know of:

FreiExchange:

qTrade:

As for the roadmap, the copy in the OP of this thread shows up through the March 2019 launch of AltMarket. The next step is the launch of FanMix, which I've been posting about recently.

Thanks for the reply. However, CMC should update with your current listings. Maybe, you need to communicate with them regarding the current info of your coin. With thousands of altcoins to be catered, they can't check all the details by themselves. They need help from your end. At least provide the markets where you are currently traded.
ACGCrypto

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 12:49:07 AM

However, the FanMix.com platform will include "IAOs" (aka Initial Artist Offerings) for musicians - they have a large number of artists already onboard ranging from no-name up-and-coming artists to established big names.  Each artist token will only be tradable against Tao and so each one adds to Tao's value.

FreiExchange:

qTrade:

Thanks for the reply. However, CMC should update with your current listings. Maybe, you need to communicate with them regarding the current info of your coin. With thousands of altcoins to be catered, they can't check all the details by themselves. They need help from your end. At least provide the markets where you are currently traded.

No problem.

I'm not involved in that side of things, but I believe CMC has been made aware of that and it's already in progress. If you use the Blockfolio app they already list data from qTrade and I heard that Delta is adding Tao too after a long wait.

Also, AltMarket just published their APIs recently and this is part of the process of getting listed on CMC. I think CMC may be waiting for certain volume levels as well. The volume may come sooner from current traders as more learn about the project, but either way it will come once FanMix is in full operation since it involves automated market buys of Tao using the aforementioned APIs.

fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 08:30:27 AM

FreiExchange:

qTrade:

CoinMarketCap were made aware of our symbol change from XTO to TAO as soon as it happened but require volume on two exchanges that they already list for it to show up. Two we are already on are Freiexchange and Novaexchange, we just need more volume on those and can get the CMC listing back really quickly.

As mentioned they are also aware of altmarket having responded after the initial application with detailed questions which we sent by return. Ball is in their court on that one.

The gatekeepers of crypto like CMC are ill equipped to handle a symbol change so I’ve found out. Even convincing Delta to consolidate our multiple entries has been a headache but either way, I am on a personal mission to get all this in order.
ACGCrypto

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 09:15:29 AM

CMC data is missing a lot of data because after Cryptopia delisted Tao

Correction: I meant C-Cex, not Cryptopia.

Mihawk

Activity: 1150
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 12:35:42 AM

So, any project that involves music seems to be inspiring and there is hardly any problem of adoption. It's true that most cryptocurrencies are unknown, but no problem.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7948

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 12:12:25 PM

So, what were those "more details" we should have been expecting? I'm just curious...

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ACGCrypto

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:06:03 PM

So, what were those "more details" we should have been expecting? I'm just curious...

My apologies I forgot to update the thread.

There's more coming, but this is the initial announcement Bryce posted via Medium about FanMix:

https://medium.com/fanmix/a-new-experience-for-artists-and-fans-c7d3e42b5787

gembitz

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:43:09 PM

So, any project that involves music seems to be inspiring and there is hardly any problem of adoption. It's true that most cryptocurrencies are unknown, but no problem.

BTI is somehow more volume than TAO i'm surprised! Wink weeee ===>

https://freiexchange.com/market/BTI/BTC

ACGCrypto

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 07:23:02 AM

FanMix.com went live a few days ago. Currently you can sign up for an invite to create either a fan account or an artist account, with the full service rolling out over the next 90 days or so. There's more info coming, but here is the initial announcement Bryce posted via Medium about FanMix:

https://medium.com/fanmix/a-new-experience-for-artists-and-fans-c7d3e42b5787

You can make money if you refer a band or artist to Fanmix. Decentralized music producers?

Update: AltMarket has added some new markets including LTC, BCH, and USDT:

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: