Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no competition  (Read 43147 times)
star citizen

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:35:02 PM

Bitcoin could have real competition, but it seems that most projects do not bring something really innovative, or choose the easiest way, like pre-mining, instamine and icos.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:35:16 PM

Well we do not know honestly if bitcoin has competition but as i can seen in coin marketcap you can see other altcoin are increase each value.. like dash that we never expected that the price will increase from very cheap price to huge price increase.. and maybe bitcoin someday will down and other crypto will be stay strong and more high price than bitcoin.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:09:19 AM

Bitcoin is only digital currency right now and I don't see any competition to it at a moment but things may change in future when it may get replaced some new and innovative currency and till it happens enjoy the ride with bitcoins as it will never disappear.
i do not think that there is any digital currency which can compete with bitcoin. bitcoin number one crypto currency and will remain as number for ever. because not a single currency is so near to bitcoin.
We cannot trust bitcoin will keep being the first crypto currency just because if bitcoin wants to maintain that place then new developments and solutions to the problems the average user of bitcoin encounter need to appear so bitcoin retains that place if that does not happen another crypto could become number one.
stolendata

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:38:46 AM

yes it's true that btc has no competition now but can't say same for future.
Also, ETH is currently doing good so there's a chance that it might be a good competition for bitcoin.
yes that is a fact that there is no such currency which can compete with bitcoin. bitcoin is the number one currency of the world and hope that it will continue as number one currency for ever.
user27

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:49:52 AM

Well, in my opinion this is very very true that I know alternative right now off to Bitcoin so I can succeed by itself alternative currencies to Bitcoin all depend on the likelihood of Bitcoin to survive because Bitcoin has the reputation of being the first cryptocurrency released.

Obviously that could be future for some dick when that can be drastically improved and I'm not saying that Bitcoin is perfect but right now as we can see there are no clue competitors that are able to succeed over Bitcoin

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:07:50 AM

If we look at the price and at the value, bitcoin certainly doesn't have any competition from any other cryptocurrency.
 If we look at popularity bitcoin again has no competition.
The number of people who have been bitcoin's supporters is increasing daily so in my opinion bitcoin certainly has no competition. Whenever we talk about cryptocurrency the only thought which comes to our minds is that of bitcoin and no other coin. Even the people who are not into cryptocurrency as much as we are have heard about bitcoin but not about other coins so bitcoin has no potential competitor.

That's entirely false since any one that knows about altcoins will think of them as well when cryptocurrency in general was the topic and not bitcoin specifically. Bitcoin certainly has tons of potential competitor. However, none of them has gained as much attention as bitcoin has so nothing has come near bitcoin's level.

I believe this, Bitcoin has no competitors. It seems to be the longest exist electronic currency. Bitcoin is developing very strongly. Its value is constantly rising. As the demand of Bitcoin users has increased dramatically, miners and merchants are also increasing. In the electronic currency rankings, Bitcoin always stands first. Its value is also much higher than that of other electronic coins. Bitcoin has been around for a long time, and with the value of the present, I think it is hard to find a currency that can beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin is number one

The value is constantly rising but the price isn't. Somebody else might comment on your post saying that it's not constantly rising because of the price fluctuations but value is not the same thing as price. Although the price indicates how much people are willing to pay for a coin

The price is a measure of value

Since otherwise how are you going to assess the value of something? Something can be undervalued (i.e. people not valuing it high as it deserves) but can it be underpriced? I anticipate that you are going to start claiming that the price can be below (or above) the true value of something, but this is only possible when there is no market for it, i.e. no mechanism in place through which it could be possible to determine a proper price to that thing. Obviously, this is not the case with Bitcoin, and Bitcoin price can be used synonymously and interchangeably with Bitcoin value

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:29:11 AM

Bitcoin is only digital currency right now and I don't see any competition to it at a moment but things may change in future when it may get replaced some new and innovative currency and till it happens enjoy the ride with bitcoins as it will never disappear.
It has competition from many government and security agencies i just hope bitcoin get's equally distributed around the world so that the bitcoin controller china can stop manipulating the price of bitcoin.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:37:40 AM

It has competition from many government and security agencies i just hope bitcoin get's equally distributed around the world so that the bitcoin controller china can stop manipulating the price of bitcoin.
Right guys , but here in the online market of the altcoins and coins the bitcoin has really a big competition .
The reason is that the people are going toward the dash , ETH , monero etc like big altcoins Because they are going increasing rapidly in the price value and price . And also the speed of confirmation in the dash is much more fast then in the bitcoin , so here in my opinion the bitcoin needed a big improvement in his network to make more powerful and better to confirm his transactions speedly , so that no one coins or altcoin can jump over the bitcoin .
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:26:23 PM

Has no real competition because bitcoin is a unique digital currency. Those others cryptocurrency replicate the other features of bitcoin but they wouldn't do that. All users of bitcoin believe the popularity and dominant effect of it from other cryptocurrencies. They build a new one that better to bitcoin but no one believes that. I know that bitcoin become more popular in the coming years and the value will rise up. No need to compete with others.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:14:10 PM

Yes that's so true bitcoin has many competition from government and security agencies due to it's anonymity and not only there might be some other coins like DASH and ETH which can give good competition to bitcoin in future as they have not yet reached the level of bitcoin yet.

positivezero

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:43:44 PM

I believe this, Bitcoin has no competitors. It seems to be the longest exist electronic currency. Bitcoin is developing very strongly. Its value is constantly rising. As the demand of Bitcoin users has increased dramatically, miners and merchants are also increasing. In the electronic currency rankings, Bitcoin always stands first. Its value is also much higher than that of other electronic coins. Bitcoin has been around for a long time, and with the value of the present, I think it is hard to find a currency that can beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin is number one

I dont think so, maybe there are some currency their that already exist like litecoin. But in my opinion bitcoin and litecoin is a currency uses by many people, it doesnt mean they compete to each other but the who make competition? well, for me the people uses them are the one who keeps and holds bitcoin competed to each other, not the currencies.
There is really no competition all alternative coins must give way to Bitcoin's dominance because it is their representation of the cryptocurrencies. If Bitcoin fails as a currency then the other altcoins will do so. Right now Bitcoin's growth is not yet over it is still getting more demand everyday and I don't think that Bitcoin users right now are looking for other cryptocurrency.

Exactly that's what point also. Bitcoin is open to all, then why should we compete bitcoin to other cryptocurrency? There's no competition between then, not at all, it just happen that the users think about it and only users from bitcoin to other currency make some competition. Yes bitcoins growth is not yet over, and it will not over because as we can see it is more progressive and demand in the market nowadays
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:03:04 PM

I dont think so, maybe there are some currency their that already exist like litecoin. But in my opinion bitcoin and litecoin is a currency uses by many people, it doesnt mean they compete to each other but the who make competition? well, for me the people uses them are the one who keeps and holds bitcoin competed to each other, not the currencies.
There is really no competition all alternative coins must give way to Bitcoin's dominance because it is their representation of the cryptocurrencies. If Bitcoin fails as a currency then the other altcoins will do so. Right now Bitcoin's growth is not yet over it is still getting more demand everyday and I don't think that Bitcoin users right now are looking for other cryptocurrency.

Exactly that's what point also. Bitcoin is open to all, then why should we compete bitcoin to other cryptocurrency? There's no competition between then, not at all, it just happen that the users think about it and only users from bitcoin to other currency make some competition. Yes bitcoins growth is not yet over, and it will not over because as we can see it is more progressive and demand in the market nowadays
In terms of crypto currency exchange, ofcourse bitcoin has no competitors since it is a major currency in crypto currency exchange that without it crypto currency would not be made. However, in terms of world wide market bitcoin has a competitor which is the foreign currency that has about trillions of dollar volume per day.
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:07:57 PM

yes it's true that btc has no competition now but can't say same for future.
Also, ETH is currently doing good so there's a chance that it might be a good competition for bitcoin.
yes that is a fact that there is no such currency which can compete with bitcoin. bitcoin is the number one currency of the world and hope that it will continue as number one currency for ever.

There are no currency which can compete with bitcoin is true but competition is always required to get the best out of everything so i think there should be some competition and we have realized in past 48 hours there are other crypto coin which can compete bitcoin in future.
positivezero

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:10:40 PM

In terms of crypto currency exchange, ofcourse bitcoin has no competitors since it is a major currency in crypto currency exchange that without it crypto currency would not be made. However, in terms of world wide market bitcoin has a competitor which is the foreign currency that has about trillions of dollar volume per day.

In terms of world wide market Maybe there is but im just focusing in crypto cuurrency exchange, though they have no competitors but still there are people always think that bitcoin and other crypto  currency are in competition. In my case, even there many kinds of crypto currency, but still i would prefer to use bitcoin until the last of it
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:16:50 PM

Has no real competition because bitcoin is a unique digital currency. Those others cryptocurrency replicate the other features of bitcoin but they wouldn't do that. All users of bitcoin believe the popularity and dominant effect of it from other cryptocurrencies. They build a new one that better to bitcoin but no one believes that. I know that bitcoin become more popular in the coming years and the value will rise up. No need to compete with others.

Apart from bitcoin all the digital currencies called as altcoins. this is been due to bitcoin is invented first, price rate, range of adoption and etc... In recent days price dropped nearly around 200$ but now again bitcoin price is moving up and touched 1030$ again. No any competition for btc since its been top from the scratch.
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:18:32 PM

has no competition till now,  has changed many lives around the globe who really depends on it. But we don't know how the future of  going to be, but really many people will remember it till their death.
yes that is very right, i think  do not have any competition,  is one of the best online currency of the world and hope that it will continue its status for  ever and no other currency will compete it. 
if we say that  have no competition with any other cryptocurrency than i think it is true because being the the first one in this business and being the mother of all the currencies all other cryptocurrencies doesn't reach to its level and i think now it is is the boss of all other online currencies and most of the people also reaches to it for investing purpose.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:06:03 PM

Bitcoin's only competition is Gold and other precious metals because they have a limited supply. Bitcoin is only maxed at 21 million coins and if that limit gets reached then the people will want the coins or there might be only one person with all the supply at the end and nobody will want to purchase it. Having precious metals could get noticed by many people and they will want some of that as well so the price of precious metals will have a longer term of value compared to Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:24:46 PM

Bitcoin's only competition is Gold and other precious metals because they have a limited supply.

I think that's not a valid reason to become bitcoin's competitor. Tons of things in this life have limited supply. The only ones that aren't limited in this world are renewable resources which replenish in a short period of time.

Bitcoin is only maxed at 21 million coins and if that limit gets reached then the people will want the coins or there might be only one person with all the supply at the end and nobody will want to purchase it.

I quite don't get what you're trying to say here, tbh. The people will want the coins because we've already reached the limit? I don't think it's why would they want to get bitcoins. Bitcoin is already scarce right this moment since the supply of the new coins is far less than the amount of bitcoins currently in regulation. I doubt that there will ever be one person to hold all the supply of bitcoins because not everyone wants to sell their coin.

After all, any one who has the capacity to buy all the bitcoins will know that it has a downside. One of those is that the people might just switch to another coin instead of buying bitcoins from him. And even when every single coin is just in one person, when he starts selling coins, eventually the coin will be available to most people again.

qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:02:40 PM

Yes these new crypto coins who copy the features of bitcoin is not the real deal and they are going to crash soon but bitcoin is unique and will be used more widely in future so the only competition (not exactly competition but the threat) to bitcoin will be the government and security agencies who will try to get control over the bitcoin but it will not be possible.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:08:52 PM

Yes these new crypto coins who copy the features of bitcoin is not the real deal and they are going to crash soon but bitcoin is unique and will be used more widely in future so the only competition (not exactly competition but the threat) to bitcoin will be the government and security agencies who will try to get control over the bitcoin but it will not be possible.

If you're sure it will not be possible for them to control Bitcoin then they don't qualify to be regarded as threats. I genuinely don't see how one can overcome the blockchains decentralization, by banning Internet globally?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: