Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:29:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 [954] 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253581 times)
aDAPPter

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:54:34 AM

While waiting, we can read this: https://www.iconomi.net/terms-of-use

edit:
"4. Users from the United States
4.1 THE WEBSITE AND ITS PRODUCTS ARE NOT OFFERED FOR USE TO THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (“USA”) REGARDLESS OF THEIR LOCATION, AND ARE NOT OFFERED TO NATURAL OR LEGAL PERSONS, HAVING THEIR SEAT OR HABITUAL RESIDENCE IN THE USA."
I think it can be said with a fair degree of certainty, that U.S. residents make up a generous portion of the people that have invested in ICN.

Feels like paying a shitload of money to see the Rolling stones , only to get told at the entrance, Americans are only allowed access to the nose bleed section of the fucking venue  .

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/5jprpm/legal_clarification_for_usa_citizens/

Read jani's response. Tl;dr: Citizens of the USA can legally hold ICN and trade it on exchanges. They aren't allowed to invest in Iconomi's funds (including OFM) or open their own fund via OFM.

YES ! USA citizens can hold ICN tokens
HODL tight! $1 ICN here we come !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:17:22 AM

BTC market cap just smashed through All-time-high

Pump up the jam, pump it up, while your feet are stompin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcjWd-O4jI

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
datathegerms

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:18:12 AM

While waiting, we can read this: https://www.iconomi.net/terms-of-use

edit:
"4. Users from the United States
4.1 THE WEBSITE AND ITS PRODUCTS ARE NOT OFFERED FOR USE TO THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (“USA”) REGARDLESS OF THEIR LOCATION, AND ARE NOT OFFERED TO NATURAL OR LEGAL PERSONS, HAVING THEIR SEAT OR HABITUAL RESIDENCE IN THE USA."
I think it can be said with a fair degree of certainty, that U.S. residents make up a generous portion of the people that have invested in ICN.

Feels like paying a shitload of money to see the Rolling stones , only to get told at the entrance, Americans are only allowed access to the nose bleed section of the fucking venue  .

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/5jprpm/legal_clarification_for_usa_citizens/

Read jani's response. Tl;dr: Citizens of the USA can legally hold ICN and trade it on exchanges. They aren't allowed to invest in Iconomi's funds (including OFM) or open their own fund via OFM.

Yeah, that!
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 03:08:33 AM

The cool thing about ICN is that either way, holders will benefit. If Bitcoin goes up, the index fund and likely other funds will benefit from this appreciation. If ICN devaluates in the process, means cheaper tokens and such. I do think that the release of the platform will be a make or break moment for ICN depending on performance and dividend delivery. It'll also be interesting to see how price is affected if more of the coin supply is introduced into the exchanges as well.

I'm currently sitting at an average purchase price of $0.22 per ICN (bought at ICO, at $0.19 and `$0.28) so I'm doing fine. But I wanted to just share my thoughts for people that might be anxious. Even with the current correction we're seeing, ICN is still up over 40% for the week. I think people should stop worrying about price fluctuations so much (including myself) and really think about the long term potential.

Hell, even the short term potential. Once dividends start kicking in Q1 2017, it'll honestly be a game changer. Will reward the users in a similar fashion like POS, but won't introduce inflation to the monetary supply.

Hope some of this makes sense.

TL;DR, Don't worry about ICN. It'll all work out in the end Smiley

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 04:39:57 AM

Whats stopping users from dumping when icn reaches to $20 or even $5?
If dividend is worth waiting while icn price gors $20, theymight not dump but the rest will.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:50:16 AM

The cool thing about ICN is that either way, holders will benefit. If Bitcoin goes up, the index fund and likely other funds will benefit from this appreciation. If ICN devaluates in the process, means cheaper tokens and such. I do think that the release of the platform will be a make or break moment for ICN depending on performance and dividend delivery. It'll also be interesting to see how price is affected if more of the coin supply is introduced into the exchanges as well.

I'm currently sitting at an average purchase price of $0.22 per ICN (bought at ICO, at $0.19 and `$0.28) so I'm doing fine. But I wanted to just share my thoughts for people that might be anxious. Even with the current correction we're seeing, ICN is still up over 40% for the week. I think people should stop worrying about price fluctuations so much (including myself) and really think about the long term potential.

Hell, even the short term potential. Once dividends start kicking in Q1 2017, it'll honestly be a game changer. Will reward the users in a similar fashion like POS, but won't introduce inflation to the monetary supply.

Hope some of this makes sense.

TL;DR, Don't worry about ICN. It'll all work out in the end Smiley

Good analysis, either way is a good thing for ICONOMI, there are some cheap cooins out there presently. Nobody really know when Bitcoin rally will stop but I expect the euphoria to continue it the $1200 barrier is broken
jackiedragon

Activity: 284

Crypto Future here i come

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:58:36 AM

Whats stopping users from dumping when icn reaches to $20 or even $5?
If dividend is worth waiting while icn price gors $20, theymight not dump but the rest will.

Everyone has his selling (dumping) price.

But it's no problem because there are always buyers. If it really goes above $10 or $20 I sell some to, but not all just some ammount and hodl on with the rest.

To da Moon
bitarri

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 05:17:57 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 05:28:33 AM by bitarri

Gonna need lotta popcorn for this one

PikachuYou

Activity: 238

Me is Cute

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 05:53:30 AM

Because breaching the 1 dollar mark is a big fucking psychological barrier for a token like ICN.

That's why they saying 100K satoshis.

If that shit can go to a dollar, then it will attract a lot of fucking attention especially from them stupid degenerate chinese whales that like to pump shit.

Cause make no mistake, this is all about making money.

Fuck this long term bullshit.

The sooner this whore pumps, the quicker I get my lambo, hookers and blow.

Is it that hard to understand?

All of these idiots talking about long term are just fucking hypocrites.

I guarantee if that ICN went to $10, they will all be selling like there is no tomorrow.

100k isn't $1 fuck tard

it was when that figure of 100K was quoted..........BTC hadn't fucking taken steroids yet then....... Roll Eyes

fdgara

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:01:00 AM

I found out about ETH back in May when it was $11, I heard about it previously but didn't do anything till then. Back in May, ETH was hyped like crazy. No one could say a single bad thing back then because there was no ETC, No DAO hack etc... There was so many Ethereum fan boys who lash out the minute you even bring up a tiny concern about security, scalability etc...

Also I didn't care that I was buying from people who potentially bought at less than $1 and are making 10x profit, I just cared about LONG TERM potential based on MY situation. The price went to $20, I didn't sell at the peak but made some nice profit before market lost confidence. It will have a year long bearish market next year just like BTC did 2 years ago and then it will moon. There is no doubt in my mind that if the whole DAO and ETC shit didn't happen, ETH would be mooning along with BTC now and $20 would be considered CHEAP.

What does all of this have to do with ICN?
1- many people will dump when it starts to play around in $1-$5 range or $6-$10. But A LOT more people will buy at that time due the fact it has gone up in the first place!! Majority of people only act when a coin is being pumped because its confirmation bias and to them its a 'safer' investment. low risk = low reward

2- ICN devs are masters of their own destiny now. They literally have it all in their hands. They are the only ones who can mess it up from now on because it seems the whole community is on their side. My concern to be honest is they will rush the OFM platform which may lead to high security risk or glitchy website that always looks and feels like it is in beta testing. I was excited at first that OFM will be released sooner than we expect, but now I would much rather if they are more patient and release a platform that is 100% secure and tested.... Otherwise, the first news of any sort of uncertainty and then it is game over and move on to the next hyped up thing. Sure, there will be loyal followers, but the majority of investors (not just in crypto but in general) will dump instantly at the first news of uncertainty. I'm going to ask them about this at next AMA and fucking hope they don't rush this so we don't have a fucking ICN Classic!
PikachuYou

Activity: 238

Me is Cute

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:08:44 AM

I found out about ETH back in May when it was $11, I heard about it previously but didn't do anything till then. Back in May, ETH was hyped like crazy. No one could say a single bad thing back then because there was no ETC, No DAO hack etc... There was so many Ethereum fan boys who lash out the minute you even bring up a tiny concern about security, scalability etc...

Also I didn't care that I was buying from people who potentially bought at less than $1 and are making 10x profit, I just cared about LONG TERM potential based on MY situation. The price went to $20, I didn't sell at the peak but made some nice profit before market lost confidence. It will have a year long bearish market next year just like BTC did 2 years ago and then it will moon. There is no doubt in my mind that if the whole DAO and ETC shit didn't happen, ETH would be mooning along with BTC now and $20 would be considered CHEAP.

1- many people will dump when it starts to play around in $1-$5 range or $6-$10. But A LOT more people will buy at that time due the fact it has gone up in the first place!! Majority of people only act when a coin is being pumped because its confirmation bias and to them its a 'safer' investment. low risk = low reward

2- ICN devs are masters of their own destiny now. They literally have it all in their hands. They are the only ones who can mess it up from now on because it seems the whole community is on their side. My concern to be honest is they will rush the OFM platform which may lead to high security risk or glitchy website that always looks and feels like it is in beta testing. I was excited at first that OFM will be released sooner than we expect, but now I would much rather if they are more patient and release a platform that is 100% secure and tested.... Otherwise, the first news of any sort of uncertainty and then it is game over and move on to the next hyped up thing. Sure, there will be loyal followers, but the majority of investors (not just in crypto but in general) will dump instantly at the first news of uncertainty. I'm going to ask them about this at next AMA and fucking hope they don't rush this so we don't have a fucking ICN Classic!

you can't have ICN classic.......you can't stick a hard fork in ICN's ass.....
Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:19:39 AM

+100
Excellent post. Its only problem is that it is not on Reddit.

Better to wait another few months and release a stable, secured, and well tested platform than to be ahead of schedule
In that regard, it would be good to have a small group of testers that can provide feedback before the release (access to qa or any other pre-pdoduction version)
iattp777

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:34:15 AM

+100

Better to wait another few months and release a stable, secured, and well tested platform than to be ahead of schedule
In that regard, it would be good to have a small group of testers that can provide feedback before the release (access to qa or any other pre-pdoduction version)

I thought that's what they're doing with rolling it out to a select few before December 28th.
Warren_Buffett

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:03:41 AM

Price is starting to pick up in past few hours...

Early testers must be really pleased with what they saw  Smiley
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:06:39 AM

worth read

ICO Issuers Must Self-Regulate While Regulators Get Up to Speed

https://www.law111.com/ico-issuers-must-self-regulate-while-regulators-get-up-to-speed
Sm00kew

Activity: 208

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:09:08 AM

Despite decline in ICN/BTC we are still almost at ath in ICN/USD  Grin

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:12:15 AM

+100

I thought that's what they're doing with rolling it out to a select few before December 28th.
It's not the same. In order to test the platform now, one needs to buy into ICNX or make real deposits
Will be the same for OFM early access testers - they will need to create the funds in production in order to test it
fdgara

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:48:24 AM

+100

I'm referring to OFM platform which was originally scheduled for release in Q3 2017 I think, but now looks like it will be there much sooner. 2016 has been great year for alts in terms of total market cap, however, it is heavily stained with hacks. Steem accounts were hacked within 2 weeks of release, DAO was hacked within weeks due to poor coding, bitfinex was hacked as well, more than $100 million has been stolen from people's accounts this year and they all have one thing in common, the underlying blockchain technology has never been hacked and is at least the same level of security as banks and major corporations (I think it is stronger).

However, the accounts that people have on platforms is what is being hacked. I have no concern for ICN tokens or ICNX tokens being hacked because I believe in the underlying technology. Also, majority of assets are stored in multisig cold wallets so the i'm not concerned about that either. I think once people are using OFM to trade and depositing fiat/alts into their accounts, hackers will try to exploit because they will be stored in hot wallets. They say there will be withdrawal limits which definitely helps, but perhaps we should also have accounts being 24/7 monitored for suspicious activities and maybe even have require manual confirmations for each withdrawls. It might make it annoying for people to have to wait, but the more layers of security we have, the more likely it is to deter hackers from wasting their time in the first place. Anyway i'll ask about this in their next AMA and we'll see what they have planned  Grin
B!gSmoke

Activity: 514
Merit: 353

Respect has to be earned, just like money!

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:52:23 AM

+100

I'm referring to OFM platform which was originally scheduled for release in Q3 2017 I think, but now looks like it will be there much sooner. 2016 has been great year for alts in terms of total market cap, however, it is heavily stained with hacks. Steem accounts were hacked within 2 weeks of release, DAO was hacked within weeks due to poor coding, bitfinex was hacked as well, more than $100 million has been stolen from people's accounts this year and they all have one thing in common, the underlying blockchain technology has never been hacked and is at least the same level of security as banks and major corporations (I think it is stronger).

However, the accounts that people have on platforms is what is being hacked. I have no concern for ICN tokens or ICNX tokens being hacked because I believe in the underlying technology. Also, majority of assets are stored in multisig cold wallets so the i'm not concerned about that either. I think once people are using OFM to trade and depositing fiat/alts into their accounts, hackers will try to exploit because they will be stored in hot wallets. They say there will be withdrawal limits which definitely helps, but perhaps we should also have accounts being 24/7 monitored for suspicious activities and maybe even have require manual confirmations for each withdrawls. It might make it annoying for people to have to wait, but the more layers of security we have, the more likely it is to deter hackers from wasting their time in the first place. Anyway i'll ask about this in their next AMA and we'll see what they have planned  Grin

Nope, OFM should release at Q1 2017 from the beginning.
fdgara

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:10:59 AM

+100

Nope, OFM should release at Q1 2017 from the beginning.

Huge executional risk, HIGHLY doubt any team can build a fully tested and secured platform after two months of ICO ending. Would love to be proven wrong though... 
Pages: « 1 ... 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 [954] 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: